Role Cards
Register

User Tag List

Thread: Role Cards

1. ISO #1

Role Cards

I wanted to learn the new roles, so I opened up a replay and started reading the cards.
    Some few things got my attention, which I hope is worth a feedback:

1) What does the Diva role actually do? Abilities read "You are limited to three copies.".
    I think that line was meant to be under 'Special Attributes' and the actual ability description is missing?

2) What's the active gameplay for Lover? It looks to be a role who can do nothing but wait and hope for the best.
    I don't believe that role's existence to have a net positive impact on the game.

3) Are the Swinger's and Lover's targets notified? Presumably not, but I feel like it'd be nice to add a line elaborating on that.

4) I personally would prefer it if Poisoner's "Target dies x nights later" options were replaced with "You have to skip x nights between poisons" + add the option of making him night immune.

5) I like that there's now a resemblance of an order (amongst the individual faction groups) in the role cards list, the newest roles being on the left side. It'd be nice if it went 1 step further and order them either by their categories or alphabetically. This is something that always annoyed me in Mafia 1.0, finding the role card that I want to check has always been difficult since the only option is to check them at random.

6) I probably wrote this somewhere else already, but I still think it'd be good if roles with possible killing have kill descriptions added to their role cards.
    Last edited by Frinckles; December 29th, 2021 at 12:39 PM.

2. ISO #2

Re: Role Cards

1. Diva is Triad Actress. I'll fix the tooltip if it's broken.

2. Lover gameplay can be varied. I think most neutral benign "wait and hope for the best" to some extent. It's the first neutral benign that can confirm itself to another player (balanced against HB/swing.)

3. HB/Swing targets are told they fell in love with the HB/Swing.

4. The first suggestion would weaken poisoner significantly. As far as night immunity, I don't think it's needed or balanced on a role that can eliminate night immune targets like Arsonist while being comparatively quicker.

5. That has to do with how the role card menu is made which is sequential. I really don't want to re-do it lol

6. Maybe I'll look into that in the future.
    Last edited by Frinckles; December 19th, 2021 at 12:53 PM.
    (๑˃̵ᴗ˂̵)ﻭ 레드벨벳 ! ! ٩(♡ε♡ )۶

3. ISO #3