Register

User Tag List

1. ISO #1

Mafia 2.0 screenshot competition

Hey guys, just hosting a little competition over this weekend. With 2.0 around the corner I wanted to update the thumbnail screenshots that appear for the game. So here's the rules:

-You may submit one (1) single screenshot
    -Make sure the screenshot is not for ants.
    -Provide a small caption of the context.
    -The screenshot must be submitted here, not on Discord.

Winners will get 2,000 points and your screenshot will be immortalized on the map.

I'll be taking 5 winners currently, depending on how many I need to replace the old ones. Good luck!
    Last edited by Frinckles; December 29th, 2021 at 12:37 PM.
    (๑˃̵ᴗ˂̵)ﻭ 레드벨벳 ! ! ٩(♡ε♡ )۶

2. ISO #2

Re: Mafia 2.0 screenshot competition

Contest sounds fun and all, but whenever I randomly check out SC2 - there is never a Mafia game.
    Once there was a lobby for with 1 player for 10 minutes before it disappeared.

Personally, I think it'd better that instead of having generic screenshots (which are far less insightful on what the game is about in this game in particular) have them be themed and with big explanatory texts.
    Like for example they have in this Arcade:
    Spoiler : :
    Not the greatest example of what I'm thinking of but it gets the idea across.

So like:
    ►Thumbnail1 = normal mafia logo with text on image "Similar to popular social deduction party game `Werewolf`"
    ►Thumbnail2 = screenshot of a chat with text on image "Catch someone in a lie or lie your way to victory"
    ►Thumbnail3 = regular screenshot with a red ring around the players role card and a text to go wit hit
    ►Thumbnail4 = regular screenshot with a red ring around where all the role cards are listed and a text to go with it
    ►Thumbnail5 = same for role list
    Last edited by OzyWho; December 17th, 2021 at 05:20 PM.

3. ISO #3

Quote Originally Posted by OzyWho View Post
    Contest sounds fun and all, but whenever I randomly check out SC2 - there is never a Mafia game.
    Once there was a lobby for with 1 player for 10 minutes before it disappeared.

Personally, I think it'd better that instead of having generic screenshots (which are far less insightful on what the game is about in this game in particular) have them be themed and with big explanatory texts.
    Like for example they have in this Arcade:
    Spoiler : :
    Not the greatest example of what I'm thinking of but it gets the idea across.

So like:
    ►Thumbnail1 = normal mafia logo with text on image "Similar to popular social deduction party game `Werewolf`"
    ►Thumbnail2 = screenshot of a chat with text on image "Catch someone in a lie or lie your way to victory"
    ►Thumbnail3 = regular screenshot with a red ring around the players role card and a text to go wit hit
    ►Thumbnail4 = regular screenshot with a red ring around where all the role cards are listed and a text to go with it
    ►Thumbnail5 = same for role list
    Ozy there are constant mafia lobbies after 3pm cst that go until 3am cst.
    Like right now. Lol we even have a discord bot for them. So come try it out.

That said, I'll think about your suggestion but I'd want some actual gameplay screenshots similar to 1.0s
    Last edited by Frinckles; December 17th, 2021 at 05:30 PM.

4. ISO #4

I can gather five great ones for 2.0 from five different game modes through five different player perspectives and upload Sunday or sooner.

Been playing nonstop and everyone is playing some great games (aside from that 3 arson chaos save, but even then, there is one from there that will make a great screenshot for the arson who won one match and a marshall who won another match). I'll turn on Ultra settings too for all the screenshots before I take as well.

Or do you want 1.0 as well?
    Last edited by mafiamafia; December 18th, 2021 at 03:19 AM.

5. ISO #5

Quote Originally Posted by mafiamafia View Post
    I can gather five great ones for 2.0 from five different game modes through five different player perspectives and upload Sunday or sooner.

Been playing nonstop and everyone is playing some great games (aside from that 3 arson chaos save, but even then, there is one from there that will make a great screenshot for the arson who won one match and a marshall who won another match). I'll turn on Ultra settings too for all the screenshots before I take as well.

Or do you want 1.0 as well?
    Just 2.0 c:

6. ISO #6

These are my two submissions.

Both equally hilarious on the best mode I've ever played.

(I turned my graphics settings to Extreme and chose the player perspective/chatbox size and background perspective I thought best fit for each.)

Screenshot2021-12-18 09_43_30.jpgScreenshot2021-12-19 04_30_22.jpg

Constable, Street Racer, Party Host, Armorsmith, Oracle, Enchantress, Double Flower, Caporegime, Actress/Diva, Heartbreaker/Swinger, Poisoner, and Lover are all amazing additions to the game.

Whoever all are responsible for coming up with them... wow.

Can't wait for Mafia 2 to be truly complete and 100%.

(I'll upload more screenshots over time from different matches and more player(s)/background(s) perspectives for the sake of good ideas for the game preview page. A "Town Wins" perspective of a lot of people typing at the end in cheer/defeat just before points distribute should be vital as an advertisement image as well. I'll look through my replays each day until I find a really good one.)

7. ISO #7

Quote Originally Posted by mafiamafia View Post
    These are my two submissions.

Both equally hilarious on the best mode I've ever played.

(I turned my graphics settings to Extreme and chose the player perspective/chatbox size and background perspective I thought best fit for each.)

Screenshot2021-12-18 09_43_30.jpgScreenshot2021-12-19 04_30_22.jpg

Constable, Street Racer, Party Host, Armorsmith, Oracle, Enchantress, Double Flower, Caporegime, Actress/Diva, Heartbreaker/Swinger, Poisoner, and Lover are all amazing additions to the game.

Whoever all are responsible for coming up with them... wow.

Can't wait for Mafia 2 to be truly complete and 100%.

(I'll upload more screenshots over time from different matches and more player(s)/background(s) perspectives for the sake of good ideas for the game preview page. A "Town Wins" perspective of a lot of people typing at the end in cheer/defeat just before points distribute should be vital as an advertisement image as well. I'll look through my replays each day until I find a really good one.)
    I think it's better to disable that timer and player switching thingy, that is on the bottom right, if make screenshot from replay.
    You can do it by switching the Replay Interface.
    Spoiler : Switching Replay Interface :

You can still switch to a different players perspective if want - just need their hotkey.

8. ISO #8

Quote Originally Posted by OzyWho View Post
    I think it's better to disable that timer and player switching thingy, that is on the bottom right, if make screenshot from replay.
    You can do it by switching the Replay Interface.
    Spoiler : Switching Replay Interface :

You can still switch to a different players perspective if want - just need their hotkey.
    Wow. I never knew about this. It works too. I just tried it. You can use that option to make perfect screenshots; you just can't do it while in the current replay. You have to restart replay with the option on from the sc2 chat client. Thanks, man! Learn something new every day.

How about, if I win, I'll do that with the selected screenshot. I'll make it all perfect and get the exact moment, time, angle, and chatbox fill just right. Then I'll re-upload.

I have more samples to upload for ideas for the overview screenshot compilation as well.

As for the contest, there are three now I'd like to submit now that I know this. I'll make those all perfect before I upload too.

One of them is my preference of upload, but all three are great for the mode and the developers can decide if one of them wins.

9. ISO #9

10. ISO #10

Here are my two submissions (one with three different backgrounds; the other with two different backgrounds).

Even though the Mayor one was of me getting helplessly murdered on the stand, it was so hilarious in that moment, it would be my first choice (the guy who typed "JFK'ed" at the bottom made me spit out my drink). The other is the Double Flower immediately killing the Constable. Also, I did what Ozy mentioned for these two and eliminated the replay info on the bottom-right.

afk mayor 1.jpgafk mayor 2.jpgafk mayor 3.jpgafk df 1.jpgafk df 2.jpg

I think "afk mayor 2" (the 2nd ss) and "afk df 2" (the 5th ss) are the best captures given the circumstances, but just pick one you like most.
    Last edited by mafiamafia; December 28th, 2021 at 04:50 AM.

11. ISO #11

Also, here are some other screenshots with amusing/interesting chatboxes and/or nice-looking backgrounds to help with ideas for others. I didn't remove the bottom-right replay info on most of these though. Just tried to gather a bunch of various moments as quickly as I could.

Screenshot2021-12-17 03_58_58.jpgScreenshot2021-12-21 02_48_10.jpgScreenshot2021-12-20 07_24_09.jpgScreenshot2021-12-20 07_16_42.jpgScreenshot2021-12-20 06_38_09.jpg

I do think a "The TOWN has won!" screenshot with a full chatbox showing end-game chat/achievements/points distribution popping up on various accounts should be one of the overview screenshots instead of "The Mafia has won!" like the last 10 years... maybe it will inspire future new townies to try.
    Images attachées Images attachées

12. ISO #12

13. ISO #13

Update: Gonna leave this open a little while longer. I only have 5 slots available for screenshots and they're meant to be 800x600 (yeah I know, it sucks.)

Currently I added a few I liked to the current version of the map but I'm still allowing people to submit more.

Stickied.

14. ISO #14

mafia.jpg

Figured maybe you wanted one where party host is doing their thing.
    Images attachées Images attachées
    Quote Originally Posted by Stealthbomber16
    I feel like I'm watching a horror movie and the protag. group is exploring an old house or something and everything is super quiet, but you know something bad is about to happen. Mafia man is about to come out from behind the basement furnace and gun down varcron right in front of me. And there will be nothing I can do.

15. ISO #15

16. ISO #16