This is afk.
Register

User Tag List

Thread: This is afk.

1. ISO #1

This is afk.

Mafia 2.0 is very good.

Very unpolished and full of glitches as expected in a beta.

But they are beyond forgivable and the new game is still perfectly functional with wisely created setups.

Having three save slots is an INCREDIBLE UPGRADE.

Having no roles that can hear Mafia/Triad night chat (party hosts excluded) is an INCREDIBLE UPGRADE.

Mafia/Triad can finally plan out the match from n1 no matter how imbalanced or troll the setups are through the most important aspect of sc2mafia: COMMUNICATION.

AND... 2.0 hasn't crashed on load screen once after 30 matches... like what happened to sc2mafia for years between 10-5 years ago.

I hope it continues this way.

Everyone is still out of their mind chasing role wins and not creating legit saves... but it is beyond playable and enjoyable.

It's attracted many new players too... which--no matter how much people complain about "newbs"--this attraction is a GREAT THING.

We were all newbs once.

And some of us have become gods... evil, lying, conniving, deceiving, mischievous, sneaky, backstabbing gods.

And that is how you create new gods... in a bigger population... full of Lovers and haters... all on a quest to win and gain power in skill--through both truth and deception.

I hope DR is in on this to some significantly helpful degree.

He is an extremely meticulous, gifted, perfectionist programmer who made 1.0 virtually perfect for the last few years (minus the occasional MM glitch once every dozens of games off and on).

Frinckles, I don't know who you are, but you have done an excellent job and hope you continue to do so passionately and meticulously.

Any host can now offer 3 legit saves for the lobby to choose some... that is such a magnificent thing.

The possibilities in the future are endless, yet, still fully capable of amending for maximum universal playability through wisely created setups.

Everyone should encourage hosts with 3 save slots to let lobbies decide instead of mindlessly repick just to host one's own save (like how it's always been with majority-randoms/infrequent players).

Everyone should encourage every host to be loaded with high chance new role spawns to get more people's feet wet with the new roles while we're in this beginning stage of learning and balancing and creating logical openings and end games that don't rely on excess luck.

I have one request though:

Fix the sound settings. Music is no longer in music. Some of it is under Voices and some birds/water/wind sounds that were under Sound Effects are now under Voices... so now I play it completely in mute because I game (and have always gamed) with my own music on. That's a big deal to a lot of gamers.

Please don't overlook this before the big rollout in January.

Have that fixed and the sky's the limit with how fun and appealing 2.0 could become.

I actually have a second request, but it's more casual:

Can I create the 933 and 8331 preload standards toward a vote of approval?

If so, give me two weeks of modifying and grinding before I submit my final revisions.

If you don't like, then don't use it obviously.

But for a chance of this being approved... I will put on my big brain cap and make it as great and beloved by veteran players and newcomers as it can be.

Also, to help the game grow in the arcade after 2.0 is complete:

Keep the name "Mafia 2.0" instead of just "Mafia" once they are merged.
    Last edited by mafiamafia; December 11th, 2021 at 03:36 AM.

2. ISO #2

Re: This is afk.

*2.0 BETA SOUND SETTINGS PROBLEMS*

Originally and always:

- All music was under "Music".
    - Birds, crickets, wind, rustling, rain and storm sounds were all under "Sound Effects" or "Voices" (I've always had both those on, so I'm not sure which).

Now:

- Birds are under "Ambient Sounds" along with beeping, creaking, static, and machine sounds.
    - Other layers of music are under "Voices" along with wind, rustling, crickets, rain, and storm.

I've always played this game with Music OFF and Ambient Sounds OFF (in both melee and mafia).

That always REMOVED music, beeping, creaking, static, and machine sounds while KEEPING birds, wind, rustling, crickets, rain, and storm sounds.

Then I'd have my personal music on in the background (like many gamers).

And life was good in mafia for years off and on.

Now I play with all sc2 sound off. And that sucks. But it's better than any other current combination after more than a couple matches.

Life is not good in 2.0 mafia.

3. ISO #3

*2.0 BETA CAN'T START GLITCH*

- Starting a custom save for me in all three save slots was prevented by this: "Elector redirection quantity is invalid."

Spent about an hour making these 3 saves, after I was told it works now.

I then passed to Wizardey who was able to host a custom save from 1.0.

All info is shown in the first 2 minutes of the attached replay.

-Mafia 20 beta- (35).SC2Replay

4. ISO #4

5. ISO #5

6. ISO #6

7. ISO #7

Quote Originally Posted by mafiamafia View Post
    *2.0 BETA CAN'T START GLITCH*

- Starting a custom save for me in all three save slots was prevented by this: "Elector redirection quantity is invalid."

Spent about an hour making these 3 saves, after I was told it works now.

I then passed to Wizardey who was able to host a custom save from 1.0.

All info is shown in the first 2 minutes of the attached replay.

-Mafia 20 beta- (35).SC2Replay
    yea elector was disabled but the default custom save has invalid elector settings. he will fix this but for now, copy his standard 8331 save and edit from there and you'll be fine.

I know it takes long to make your custom saves but you should be able to quickly re-copy the settings once you already know them. Not ideal obviously but not the same as re-making ur saves from scratch.
    Last edited by DJarJar; December 11th, 2021 at 09:23 PM.
    Have you ever heard the tragedy of Darth Jar Jar the wise?

8. ISO #8

*2.0 BETA SOUND SETTINGS PROBLEMS*

Originally and always:

- All music was under "Music".
    - Birds, crickets, wind, rustling, rain and storm sounds were all under "Sound Effects" or "Voices" (I've always had both those on, so I'm not sure which).

Now:

- Birds are under "Ambient Sounds" along with beeping, creaking, static, and machine sounds.
    - Other layers of music are under "Voices" along with wind, rustling, crickets, rain, and storm.

I've always played this game with Music OFF and Ambient Sounds OFF (in both melee and mafia).

That always REMOVED music, beeping, creaking, static, and machine sounds while KEEPING birds, wind, rustling, crickets, rain, and storm sounds.

Then I'd have my personal music on in the background (like many gamers).

And life was good in mafia for years off and on.

Now I play with all sc2 sound off. And that sucks. But it's better than any other current combination after more than a couple matches.

Life is not good in 2.0 mafia.
    i think he put the music there on purpose cuz everyone has music off. But you are right that he should ultimately make it up to the player and not force it. But i think it was nice to let us see the new stuff at least.
    Have you ever heard the tragedy of Darth Jar Jar the wise?

9. ISO #9

(aamirus, about the music...)

Load this non-2.0 replay. Fast forward to anywhere between 9-10 minutes while viewing from my perspective ("Everyone") with your sc2 music setting ON.

That Kerrigan music... what triggers it?

I was Beguiler and Meh (sup) was Godfather. Only us two could hear it.

We were very communicative and accusatory in the town circle and toward possible Spy in night chat.

Does that trigger it?

Or GF being voted?

It came on twice for me individually throughout this match.

-Mafia- (643).SC2Replay
    Last edited by mafiamafia; December 12th, 2021 at 03:50 AM.

10. ISO #10

Sup AFK. We've already met and talked so I'll just get to the nitty gritty;

Glad you're enjoying the 3 saves, more people need to take advantage of them. The spy nerf was probably one of the most important changes ive made as far as meta goes, especially in a world with Marshall/Mayor and- I honestly thought it'd get a lot of backlash but things have been cool so far. New players are hoping in every other game it seems like and I am working on promoting the map in a few different venues to capitalize on the momentum.

Moving on. In the most recent patch the Elector Redirect Validation should be removed. Sorry you had to deal with that, was short-sightedness on my part. I also got rid of the Soul Departed message.

As far as sound goes, after Street Racer is adjusted I'm going to move all of the pertinent sound files on the map to the proper channels and make it easy to toggle between them. Also, because frankly I always play with my own music too. But as a dev you hear reports from people about Marshall music not working properly for years, even though you've never listened to it or cared. And then I threw in some Marshall music and it's pretty cool.

Anyway, continue updating this and ill have an eye on it. Thanks.
    (๑˃̵ᴗ˂̵)ﻭ 레드벨벳 ! ! ٩(♡ε♡ )۶

11. ISO #11

You're a machine. You're going places, machine.

Hope you do the sound thing correctly first try.

Put ALL music under Music.

Put ALL birds, wind, rustling, crickets, rain, and storm sounds under Sound Effects.

Put ALL beeping, creaking, static, machine, and contraption sounds under Ambient Sounds.

Then boom, back to normal.

AND, if you want: put all NEW music (trial, public role reveal, Kerrigan, Peanuts, etc.) under Voices and nothing else under Voices.

Then if anyone wants to hear new music or any game music (personally, I love the Kerrigan music if it triggers when Mafia is doing risky stuff, but I'd rather just toggle music on if I ever want to hear it as Mafia than have to listen to music as any other role in any other scenario), then a player can just turn on Music and/or Voices at his/her own leisure.

So anyone know the story behind that Kerrigan music?

Btw, hilarious game:

-Mafia 20 beta- (64).SC2Replay

Almost had the Doctor convinced to stay on me and Lookout convinced to keep voting with me, then potentially lead the town to lynch the Jailor for an extra night to douse even if it was in vain because of the Heartbreaker once the Doctor came off me. It sucks that Armorsmith is so easily confirmable to multiple players as a protective that can guarantee future life and give an immediate notification of it just by making a click. A Doctor can't confirm his targets until there's an attack (even then, the attacker can claim the doc). A BD is a double-edged sword. And a BG dies once his action is a success. Armorsmith value is all one way with the only cc being like a PH; that is, taking the risk of cc'ing the chance of the action without knowing through notification or public night action announcement. I'm not sure though. Need more time in legitimate setups with it in the match. There are lots of setups and scenarios that would make it still perfectly balanced with good cc options in a world without a Spy that can read chat.

Armorsmith is very op in this Mayor/Marshall world too. I think Armorsmith shouldn't prompt the player they received a vest until the NEXT night once it becomes usable. That way, Armorsmith can't continuously confirm immediately to another town each night it has a vest to give (especially considering the default is 4 for custom setup; and 3 minimum universal). And, it can serve as a sort of pleasant surprise and the confirmation can be through PM's during the day that only the Armorsmith knows who he gave the vest to. Then, it would lead players to pay more attention to someone getting PM'ed as well and wonder; whether town or not. I think Armorsmith is a great addition, but Armorsmith+Doctor, Armorsmith+Bodyguard, and Armorsmith+Bus Driver are all substantially better two-protective combinations in a Mayor/Marshall world.

Armorsmith prompting its target who received the vest the following night seems like it would put Armorsmith in the sweet spot of balance amongst the alternative protectives. Or simply having the checkbox option for that like Poisoner death day checkbox.

Did getting a vest turn you into the Dragon Head from Swinger?

Also, non-Cult Neutrals (especially Killers) should be immune to heartbreak. Or at least add a checkbox option.

Also, re-add Executioner NI checkbox. With all four Executioner options ON, then NI is acceptable. Permanent NI is the reward for successful lynch. And Executioner can decide to help the town or not considering it merced one. That used to be the standard in 9-3-3 between 10-8 years ago. In this decade, the standard seems to be Target Always Town OFF, which makes NI too op (and honestly is bs if your target is a Neutral/Mafia/Triad)... but I don't know if anything should be considered "standard" nowadays. It is either a balanced setup or it isn't. Most people simply host imbalanced setups with that setting OFF. I have always had all 4 checkboxes ON for Executioner, no matter what. Now, without a NI checkbox, Executioner might as well just be Jester.
    Last edited by mafiamafia; December 13th, 2021 at 07:07 AM.

12. ISO #12

13. ISO #13

Witch vs. Enchantress:

If Witch controls Enchantress and Enchantress repels Witch the same night, which one loses their soul?
    The game is designed in a way that gives evils the advantage when it comes to stuff like that. The only exception is usually Vigilante. In that scenario, Witch should kill Enchantress first causing the Enchantresses kill to not go off.

If the case is that both die, I'll set a "is player alive" flag on the enchantresses kill to prevent her from posthumously obliterating the Witch.

Just an update, going over the sound files currently. Next update should include Street Racer audio/visual updates and changes to sound channel. Weirdly I'm not seeing a sound effect channel but I have located the music one.
    Last edited by Frinckles; December 13th, 2021 at 02:39 PM.

14. ISO #14

Sound settings were working about 12 hours ago.

Now there's no sound unrelated to chat/trials/deaths under any other sound setting except Music and Ambient Sounds (which are the two worst sound settings).

All music IS successfully moved to Music.

However, no birds, wind, rustling, crickets, rain, or storm is in Sound Effects or Voices.

And birds are under Ambient Sounds again with all the shitty sounds: water flow/pailing, beeping, creaking, static, and machine sounds.

I BEWEEVE IN YUUUUUUU, KYUUUUUUUU!
    Last edited by mafiamafia; December 16th, 2021 at 02:52 AM.

15. ISO #15

*2.0 BETA PARTY HOST LIGHTS GLITCH*

- Party Host lights sometimes stay on forever; causing intense seizures and covid alpha omega suplex trapezius delta xiii variant to people who are epileptic and don't go outside.

(P.S. I've been playing with all sound settings on past two days, including Music. Been enjoying. Haven't heard beeping or machine sounds in several games. I'm not sure if you took those out or if it's just the setups. Pretty nice if you took them out. Comfort sound and universal appeal to human ears is a big part of the serenity and focus in gaming (or anything really).)

16. ISO #16

*2.0 BETA PARTY HOST LIGHTS GLITCH*

- Party Host lights sometimes stay on forever; causing intense seizures and covid alpha omega suplex trapezius delta xiii variant to people who are epileptic and don't go outside.

(P.S. I've been playing with all sound settings on past two days, including Music. Been enjoying. Haven't heard beeping or machine sounds in several games. I'm not sure if you took those out or if it's just the setups. Pretty nice if you took them out. Comfort sound and universal appeal to human ears is a big part of the serenity and focus in gaming (or anything really).)
    word. monitoring something else too

17. ISO #17

It's the setups and camera angles movements. I just got lucky for some matches. Beeping sounds still around. But all music is definitely in Music now.

I love the music triggered by Marshall reveal, the Kerrigan music that plays occasionally whether random or not, and the fantasy-sounding mellow music--so much so, I've been leaving the music on during matches.

Turning off Ambient Sounds disables all the annoying sounds that aren't under Music except birds. I'd like to hear birds all the time and probably anyone would.

Put birds in Sound Effects or Voices. Then only annoying sounds would be in Ambient Sounds.

Then all sounds are reasonably customizable for the player in the sc2mafia world.