Sometimes I think about entropy. How structures slowly devolve and how this applies to social structures and their managment.

Something that I found particularly elegant about SC2's punishment system was the principle that punishments would be treated in ratio to frequency. That there was a designated time line for escalation.

But this was also the most neglected concept when I was Warden. It was probably near my end that I realized that the neglect of this concept created a structure that would slowly alienate our player base. I very poorly addressed this issue and I have no idea if its still a breach of the original design for moderation.

Something I have been considering lately is how that pattern structures the growth of a forum. It may be worth considering if community growth is limited by such a structure or if its ethical to escalate punishments without regard to the growth that comes with time. I am a little lost right now between the global community as a super structure in my mind but I felt like this was worth a conversation.