S-FM 335: Bisected Souls - Page 5
Register

User Tag List

Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 ... LastLast
  1. ISO #201

Re: S-FM 335: Bisected Souls

Quote Originally Posted by Lag View Post
    Are you still against a claim system then?

Also, kind of curious where your mind is at with respect to town/wolf reads. Day 1 has been a lot of mech spec which, while important in experimental games like this, is not enough. Still need standard town/wolfhunting
    I did not explicitly say I was against a claim system

I just said that sometimes what you claim has to differ depending on if you found an obvious scum slip that no one else found.

My reads I'll be posting soon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stealthbomber16
    I feel like I'm watching a horror movie and the protag. group is exploring an old house or something and everything is super quiet, but you know something bad is about to happen. Mafia man is about to come out from behind the basement furnace and gun down varcron right in front of me. And there will be nothing I can do.

2. ISO #202

Quote Originally Posted by Varcron View Post
    I did not explicitly say I was against a claim system

I just said that sometimes what you claim has to differ depending on if you found an obvious scum slip that no one else found.

My reads I'll be posting soon.
    Define Soon.. Its Only 5 Pages Of Conversation.. How About You Post The Most Basic Reads Now..

3. ISO #203

@MartinGG99 why wouldn't you be able to talk to SB16 until night with the 48 hr day timer?
    I think I've made this clear several times now.

SB and I aren't able to watch the thread all the time or every day. In some cases we might not be able to share up-to-date thoughts with each other until a later point just because we've been busy with IRL obligations or otherwise.

It's the reason why we're a duo in a single slot for this game. Having designated day phases that we do helps with our scheduling of some stuff to ensure we're able to pay full attention to the game around those times. Anything beyond that isn't guaranteed though SB and I have been discussing a bit so far this phase.
    A.K.A "That One Idiot"

4. ISO #204

5. ISO #205

also

I was going to mention how sleeping is almost never the right play in both FM and the mod (unless someone does one of those silly day start setups in the mod, then you always -skip)
    But then I thought about it more and... if we think token distribution is a town-favored mechanic, wolves have no factional kill, what's stopping us from just farming tokens?

Would like to hear peoples thoughts on this though, because of wolves getting double tokens, I'm not even convinced that the token mechanic favors town, we might just be playing a blackflag nightless variant that's more wolf-sided
    I'm slightly amused that the person who was aware that the setup had no factional kill

is not aware that skipping is not allowed/counted
    A.K.A "That One Idiot"

6. ISO #206

54 Light
    47 Martin
    44 Lag
    14 Gikkle
    12 Wrath
    12 Varcron
    8 Mizery
    6 SJ
    6 MM

quite the interesting post-count distribution (as of #205)

roughly 75% of the posts by the top 3 posters

and the jump from 4th to 3rd top poster is around a tripling in post-count
    A.K.A "That One Idiot"

7. ISO #207

Mizery (3 [L-3]):
    Light_Yagami, MartinGG99, Lag
    Light_Yagami (1 [L-5]):
    Gikkle
    MartinGG99 (2 [L-4]):
    SuperJack, Mizery
    Gikkle (1 [L-5]):
    Marshmallow Marshall

since things have changed and maybe someone in the future will thank me for this
    A.K.A "That One Idiot"

8. ISO #208

9. ISO #209

Quote Originally Posted by Gikkle View Post
    Their reaction to being voted twice (in RVS) was interesting and perhaps indicative of Light being overly self conscious, but otherwise I'm not really sure about them since their posts about Lag have seemed fairly genuine.
    The first part is pretty standard for Light, the second part seems true to me, both counting meta in and disregarding it. And I think this thought process makes sense coming from you. And...
    Right. I was wondering if that was what you were referring to, but the fact I, a townie, did it as well, should be enough to prove that coming up with plans is not inherently anti-town.

As for your actual post,

" Also I Highly Scum Would Say Or Be Honest With Who They Give/Gave Tokens 2.. "
    1. We would know if they are lying because we can just ask people if they received tokens.

"Since They Will Just Give To Each Other.. Like A Pyramid Scheme.. So Objectively Claiming What We Are Going To Do In Advanced.. Is From My Point Of View And Last Game Seems Anti Town.."
    2. If scum give it to each other, they can't lie about it, since the person they say they gave it to can just claim whether they got a token or not, so they will have to tell the truth. If they give it to each other and tell the truth, we now have potential teams formed on the basis of who gave tokens to who; and if a kill ever happens, we will know who it is since we will know the token counts of everyone.
    ...this post reminds me a lot of your town play in last game we played (once upon a town in the west): you are being a lot into mechanical stuff and defending your ideas while tying yourself and your character to your ideas. You're probably town, although that read obviously isn't super strong.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Lawyer View Post
    Besides your lamp and your refridgerators, do you find anyone else suspicious?
    Quote Originally Posted by oliverz144 View Post
    it looks like many, e.g. MM and lag, suffered under the influence of paopan. However there is a victim: frinckles. He left the path of rationality and fully dived into the parallel reality of baby shark, king shark, and soviet union pizzas.
    Spoiler : The meaning of life :

10. ISO #210

I never said I thought that about MM, I'm asking why you don't.

I'm asking because you're making that read based on something you assumed MM thought rather than something he actually said. MM never said he's reading us both as town.

MM said:

I think if you're wolf you're placing this read on MM which has the conditional implication that you townread him as long as he read you vs me as t/t, which is a very subtle way to try to diffuse the pressure off of you.
    Mmm, I could definetly see the usefulness of a Martin lynch today, considering he's a hot topic and considering he's acting strangely in general. Decent-ish odds of flipping scum + associations to make.

Your last paragraph looks like a conspiracy theory to me, though. It would involve Martin being an evil mastermind planning every single detail from his play to manipulate my read on you and him. I think you may be letting your scumread on him affect your judgment :P.

Also, I annouonce my intent to give Lag my token tonight.
    it looks like many, e.g. MM and lag, suffered under the influence of paopan. However there is a victim: frinckles. He left the path of rationality and fully dived into the parallel reality of baby shark, king shark, and soviet union pizzas.

11. ISO #211

Based on preflipping you? 0%

Based on interactions with you?

Gikkle - 0%
    MM - 20%
    SuperJack - 50%

Do you disagree with the reads?
    I don't get the SJ read being based on interactions with Martin. What did I miss? I quite like SJ, but only because of his tone.

12. ISO #212

Lag, I'm not quite sure what your angle is here. In our mutual scum game, did I not strongly argue in favor for a course of action I genuinely thought was the best for town (I even said so in scum chat)? So where's this "scum gikkle would weakly agree" coming from?

I'm not quite sure, then, how I came to be in your top town. Granted day 1 reads are usually pretty weak for anyone, but I'm having a hard time understanding why something like this would place me in your top town pool. I'm not accusing you of anything... yet... I would just like you to elaborate a little because I think the things you've pointed out I could do as scum too.
    This man deserves a medal of bravery for demolishing a townread on himself through arguments pretty much only himself could find. I like this. Oh and my vote is on you XD
    -unvote

13. ISO #213

Quote Originally Posted by WrathCyber View Post
    I'd suggest we lynch later once we have concrete leads. In a v10 game where we have powerups to stop the progression of mafia, a d0 lynch isn't very worth.
    I think I didn't explain my thought process, but it's quite simple. I haven't seen Mizery, MM, Loldebite talk so far . Once they do, it'll be easier to have a "general" read on everyone, which is what I employ in the mod games. If they don't,
    Well then, that speaks double and pinpoints easier matches for the maf.
    No lynch = no info. No-lynching D1 is an horrible, horrible idea in pretty much any balanced setup (like any setup that can't be solved just through sitting there and alignment-copping people forever). Other than that, skipping is forbidden, so it's literally impossible. I'm not saying your suggestion is scummy though, just that it's anti-town. Just try to see the intent behind people's behavior and go from there.
    Info so far, I will categorize someone as either actively solving, or inactive
    Gikkle: has said a few words, inactive mostly
    Mizery: has said a few words, inactive mostly
    Martingg: actively solving
    Lag: actively solving
    Light: actively solving
    Varc:
    Critiqued Martingg once, didn't post anything afterwards

Others not included: loldebite, MM due to lack of posts
    Hey, what? I won't pretend I have been revolutionary, but I am far from having been a meaningless potato lol, whereas Loldebite literally never posted... Also, Gikkle has been actively solving (see for example his inquiry about Lag's read on him, or his stance on Light), while Martin... not really? I didn't see many applied reads from him. This list is very wrong. Might not be scummy, though.

14. ISO #214

Took at this as well and this looks like a strawman argument against Martin, haven't decided whether that points at a Lag/MM team yet but it could be. We'll see later as more posts come in.
    what

I was not strawmanning against Martin at all, this post even was rather pro-him: I said their mutual scumreads were probably wrong, implying they were TvT, and then I stated my point about mechanical play. You seem to be seeing ghosts :P

15. ISO #215

Apathetic play, pretty much.
    Considering Mizery's scum game in the rock game, I can confirm this. He definetly hasn't been very useful. Also, I know he's not the one who did that in that game but "one of martin and marshall is scum" is soooo reminiscent of Seanzie's "Isn't it obvious? Just look at their posts." lol.

-vote Mizery

I could also maybe get behind a Martin lynch, but I can't make my mind on him so it may be a little early to say that; tbh, I'm more saying that because it would give info than because I have strong faith in it.

16. ISO #216

Also, I've just finished reading Varcron's posts and my verdict is a resounding meh. Perhaps it's because I'm a little tired, but none of his posts seem to contain substance. They're Light refutations, some mechanical stuff, pretty pointless questions like the one about Lag not being able to talk to SB16... None of that is inherently scummy, but the fact it's overwhelmingly present in Varcron's posts is getting scummy. I could see him being scum here.

*insert Varcron D1 lynch jokes here*

17. ISO #217

So Three People Havent Voted Yet.. And Thats Fine Because They Are Bitches That Cant Pull Their Weight..

@Loldebite @WrathCyber @Varcron

I Want Your Thoughts.. I Want You Engaged In This Game.. If You Cant Hang.. Well Everyone Can Hang From A Noose I Guess.. But If Your Balls Have Shriveled Up.. Like I Suspect.. You Need To Do Something..

18. ISO #218

Quote Originally Posted by Marshmallow Marshall View Post
    Considering Mizery's scum game in the rock game, I can confirm this. He definetly hasn't been very useful. Also, I know he's not the one who did that in that game but "one of martin and marshall is scum" is soooo reminiscent of Seanzie's "Isn't it obvious? Just look at their posts." lol.

-vote Mizery

I could also maybe get behind a Martin lynch, but I can't make my mind on him so it may be a little early to say that; tbh, I'm more saying that because it would give info than because I have strong faith in it.
    Are You Ellie Moon This Game?

19. ISO #219

20. ISO #220

Also, I've just finished reading Varcron's posts and my verdict is a resounding meh. Perhaps it's because I'm a little tired, but none of his posts seem to contain substance. They're Light refutations, some mechanical stuff, pretty pointless questions like the one about Lag not being able to talk to SB16... None of that is inherently scummy, but the fact it's overwhelmingly present in Varcron's posts is getting scummy. I could see him being scum here.

*insert Varcron D1 lynch jokes here*
    So How Could You Mix Up Lag With Martian Unless You Know Lag And Martian Are Scum Team With You And Apparently SB16 & Oliver... Is This The Case?

21. ISO #221

Quote Originally Posted by Light_Yagami View Post
    So Three People Havent Voted Yet.. And Thats Fine Because They Are Bitches That Cant Pull Their Weight..

@Loldebite @WrathCyber @Varcron

I Want Your Thoughts.. I Want You Engaged In This Game.. If You Cant Hang.. Well Everyone Can Hang From A Noose I Guess.. But If Your Balls Have Shriveled Up.. Like I Suspect.. You Need To Do Something..
    I'll do stuff when I wake up tomorrow, like post my reads list.

Can't think right now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stealthbomber16
    I feel like I'm watching a horror movie and the protag. group is exploring an old house or something and everything is super quiet, but you know something bad is about to happen. Mafia man is about to come out from behind the basement furnace and gun down varcron right in front of me. And there will be nothing I can do.

22. ISO #222

23. ISO #223

24. ISO #224

25. ISO #225

26. ISO #226

27. ISO #227

This man deserves a medal of bravery for demolishing a townread on himself through arguments pretty much only himself could find. I like this. Oh and my vote is on you XD
    -unvote
    One word of warning.

In the Anime World game that I played with him I townread him day 1, and he shortly after scumread me for some "tonal stuff" - and that was basically the extent of our interactions. He was wolf and I was town - so Gikkle scumreading someone for townreading him when he's wolf is definitely within his wolf meta range.

(It was a 30 player closed role madness game with 2000 posts on day 1, so good luck going through the game, but here it is: https://www.mafiauniverse.com/forums...-THE-WINNER%29 )

28. ISO #228

29. ISO #229

30. ISO #230

31. ISO #231

Seems like there isn't going to be much in terms of claimed token gifts.

At least not pre-night.

I'm giving mine to Lag in the interest of not giving my token to someone (where, given the current claims so far) who would end up receiving only 1 token if I gave them my token.
    A.K.A "That One Idiot"

32. ISO #232

33. ISO #233

Overall this game has been pretty light when it comes to posts, so my confidence in these reads is a bit lower than I'd like but going to put some of my thoughts on every slot here.

Gikkle
    I liked his mech spec and it's the kind of play that I expect to see from a town Gikkle, but then he completely fell off, as the game transitioned away from just mech spec, he's yet to really bring any reads. MM town read him for his post that was critical of me townreading him. But in the anime world game Gikkle was wolf and I was town, I townread him, he was critical/scum read me for it - and that was the extent of all of our interactions in that game as he replaced out. The feel of my interactions with him this game feel a bit hauntingly similar to my interactions with Gikkle in that game.

Gikkle also has a self-proclaimed meta of wanting to live in the PoE, even as town. Presumably to dodge night kills? But that's a very suboptimal playstyle in a game like this where there's simultaneously no night kill, and projecting town is way more important than usual. I've noticed his day 1's are also fairly tame.

My conclusion from that meta analysis?
    Meh.

Solidly middle of the pack

Loldebite
    The first three letters of his username summarizes this slot

MM
    MM certainly feels to be town rather than wolf here - I have a pretty good record of correctly reading MM, and this feels much more like his town play. That said I have relatively limited experience with him as wolf, once where I was the host, and once where he subbed in to a wolf slot in rather unusual circumstances. MM is going to be my token target if Mizery flips town

Light/PQ
    I have no idea what Light's wolf meta looks like. The only game I've seen of him as wolf was an anonymous KRC game, in that game he seriously floundered as wolf, and he doesn't seem to be doing that here, I think he has more of his town confidence, even if his arguments and pushes make very little sense. Town lean.

Wrath
    Wrath's mech spec was pretty bad, he literally opened with the "any leads?" meme.
    I'm a little bit confused as to why he's been so absent this game since this was a setup he's been hyped to play for a long time now, but his play matches the way he's played as town in recent games, so I'm inclined to town lean him off of that

Mizery
    I have concerns of this just being DADV with Mizery here, but with how many low posting slots are in this game + the weird EoD time, maybe it would be DADV for anyone other than like the three high posters.

Mizery is definitely within her wolf range but possibly also within her town range. Either way there hasn't been much of anything from the slot, and with the number of slots that I'm feeling more townie towards just puts her in the wolf bucket by PoE

Martin/SB16
    Martin's probably town... like his cagey answers at the start of the day were bad, but he was also cagey in the deck mafia game I played with him.
    His mech spec reservations were bad, but he's come around and honestly his objections seem in character

But the biggest thing is perhaps that he said he wanted to give me a token - which unlike MM stating he'll give me a token - he stated it at a point in the thread where there would really be minimal chance of reciprocation. Maybe some people that have played with high-posting wolf Martin more would know better, but it feels like a very weird position to try to pocket me.

Maybe it's an attempt to placate me? Stop a CFD onto his slot off of Mizery? I'm not seeing it though, overall it feels more like a townie POV action, so I'm putting Martin in my town bucket - if Mizery flips wolf I'll given Martin my token too.

Varcron/Ozy
    This slot has done mostly only NAI things so far. The fact that so many slots are projecting town more than Varcron's slot is not a good look either and lands Varcron in my PoE

SuperJack
    Moving SuperJack down from my town list. Hasn't done much and other slots have surpassed him in towniness

34. ISO #234

35. ISO #235

36. ISO #236

Overall this game has been pretty light when it comes to posts, so my confidence in these reads is a bit lower than I'd like but going to put some of my thoughts on every slot here.

Gikkle
    I liked his mech spec and it's the kind of play that I expect to see from a town Gikkle, but then he completely fell off, as the game transitioned away from just mech spec, he's yet to really bring any reads. MM town read him for his post that was critical of me townreading him. But in the anime world game Gikkle was wolf and I was town, I townread him, he was critical/scum read me for it - and that was the extent of all of our interactions in that game as he replaced out. The feel of my interactions with him this game feel a bit hauntingly similar to my interactions with Gikkle in that game.

Gikkle also has a self-proclaimed meta of wanting to live in the PoE, even as town. Presumably to dodge night kills? But that's a very suboptimal playstyle in a game like this where there's simultaneously no night kill, and projecting town is way more important than usual. I've noticed his day 1's are also fairly tame.

Meh.

Loldebite

MM
    MM certainly feels to be town rather than wolf here - I have a pretty good record of correctly reading MM, and this feels much more like his town play. That said I have relatively limited experience with him as wolf, once where I was the host, and once where he subbed in to a wolf slot in rather unusual circumstances. MM is going to be my token target if Mizery flips town

Light/PQ
    I have no idea what Light's wolf meta looks like. The only game I've seen of him as wolf was an anonymous KRC game, in that game he seriously floundered as wolf, and he doesn't seem to be doing that here, I think he has more of his town confidence, even if his arguments and pushes make very little sense. Town lean.

Wrath
    Wrath's mech spec was pretty bad, he literally opened with the "any leads?" meme.
    I'm a little bit confused as to why he's been so absent this game since this was a setup he's been hyped to play for a long time now, but his play matches the way he's played as town in recent games, so I'm inclined to town lean him off of that

Mizery
    I have concerns of this just being DADV with Mizery here, but with how many low posting slots are in this game + the weird EoD time, maybe it would be DADV for anyone other than like the three high posters.

Mizery is definitely within her wolf range but possibly also within her town range. Either way there hasn't been much of anything from the slot, and with the number of slots that I'm feeling more townie towards just puts her in the wolf bucket by PoE

Martin/SB16
    Martin's probably town... like his cagey answers at the start of the day were bad, but he was also cagey in the deck mafia game I played with him.
    His mech spec reservations were bad, but he's come around and honestly his objections seem in character

But the biggest thing is perhaps that he said he wanted to give me a token - which unlike MM stating he'll give me a token - he stated it at a point in the thread where there would really be minimal chance of reciprocation. Maybe some people that have played with high-posting wolf Martin more would know better, but it feels like a very weird position to try to pocket me.

Maybe it's an attempt to placate me? Stop a CFD onto his slot off of Mizery? I'm not seeing it though, overall it feels more like a townie POV action, so I'm putting Martin in my town bucket - if Mizery flips wolf I'll given Martin my token too.

Varcron/Ozy
    This slot has done mostly only NAI things so far. The fact that so many slots are projecting town more than Varcron's slot is not a good look either and lands Varcron in my PoE

SuperJack
    Moving SuperJack down from my town list. Hasn't done much and other slots have surpassed him in towniness
    Even Though I Find This Post Pretty Townie.. Would Scum Lag Put The Effort In To Post This.. Im Not Sure But Like I Said This Post Does Seem Townie...

37. ISO #237

38. ISO #238

39. ISO #239

Gikkle

Meh.

Loldebite

MM

Light/PQ

Wrath

Mizery

Martin/SB16

Varcron/Ozy

SuperJack
    yep, there's a good chance that you're 100% town just by that read alone.

40. ISO #240

41. ISO #241

Lag is fairly solid town for me at this point in time. Their token proposal + the discussions they've been having seem town motivated rather than just for appearance, and their reads seem to be developing fairly naturally(discussion with martin transforms into TR on him, etc), so I think they are town. Also possible Lag's trying to powerwolf, but I don't really get that impression right now.

Martin I think has had some interesting posts this game. He posts like I do when I'm deep in an argument as town, and I actually feel like his talk about not knowing scum didn't have a factional kill is probably town indicative. Sure, it could be faked, but if it was, it was a rather pathetic attempt at a fake slip anyways since it was very easily ignorable, so it seems more to me like genuine confusion. Aside from that, I think him showing hesitation about saying who he gave a token to the night before is townie because of how he presented it. I don't think S!Martin goes out of his way to bring attention to himself like that when it doesn't actually benefit him(I explained this before, doesn't matter if you say today or tomorrow, as long as you say it) to do so. I could still see him being scum though, so he's a light town read for me.

Don't really remember anyone else other than Light. Light is probably a very light town read at this stage bc of his arguments against Light that felt like they came from a genuine place.

Aside from these three, no one sticks out to me. Others have posted, like MM, but they just don't really leave a big impression on me.

-vote Varcron

I remember him posting but the only thing actually memorable was his push on Martin which didn't really seem to go anywhere
    Not really a strong read, but the slot feels more performative than actually helpful so far.

42. ISO #242

43. ISO #243

Quote Originally Posted by Light_Yagami View Post
    I Recommend We Not Give Tokens To Lag Just Encase.. Lag Is Deep Wolf Promoting A Town Optimal Strategy In Order To Convince Town.. That They Are Town..
    I feel like this post misses the point that we're coordinating tokens onto people to promote accountability as well as collective town effort

if you're going to say someone should not receive tokens then you should suggest an alternative

I know you've said yourself in the past that it should be you but it slightly irks me you haven't suggested anything else (in order to try and make Lag not receive tokens) or haven't repeated that sentiment in this post
    A.K.A "That One Idiot"

44. ISO #244

45. ISO #245

What has mizery done to get 4 votes
    I remember literally nothing from them
    MM & Lag have vouched that Mizery is in their wolf meta

So I'm more inclined to yeet them despite the fact that they're new to this community and/or any other things that add potential doubt
    A.K.A "That One Idiot"

46. ISO #246

Quote Originally Posted by MartinGG99 View Post
    I feel like this post misses the point that we're coordinating tokens onto people to promote accountability as well as collective town effort

if you're going to say someone should not receive tokens then you should suggest an alternative

I know you've said yourself in the past that it should be you but it slightly irks me you haven't suggested anything else (in order to try and make Lag not receive tokens) or haven't repeated that sentiment in this post
    Problem Is I Can Only Trust My Self... Completely... Granted I Do Have Town Leans Here And There.. But As A Matter Of Fact... I Only Truly Know That Im Town.. I Have To Look At Everyone Other Then Me Objectively.. Do What You Will... But Again Only Person I Can Completely Trust Is My Slot..

47. ISO #247

Quote Originally Posted by MartinGG99 View Post
    MM & Lag have vouched that Mizery is in their wolf meta

So I'm more inclined to yeet them despite the fact that they're new to this community and/or any other things that add potential doubt
    So it's 100% a meta read?
    @Lag @Marshmallow Marshall

Can y'all describe Mizery's town meta, wolf meta, and how their current play matches/differs from them?

48. ISO #248

So it's 100% a meta read?
    @Lag @Marshmallow Marshall

Can y'all describe Mizery's town meta, wolf meta, and how their current play matches/differs from them?
    Town meta -
    Has good reads, but people don't listen to her, fluff posting

Wolf meta -
    More apathetic, still fluff posting

And yes, it's largely a meta read

49. ISO #249

50. ISO #250

Hm, if Mizery is wolf, what is the wolf team doing?

5 voters on Mizery is one away from a hammer.

Either:
    - The wolves are just cutting their losses and bussing Mizery - which seems unlikely unless Mizery + Martin are teammates
    - The wolves are just some silly team like Mizery + Loldebite/SJ + 1
    - Mizery is just town