S-FM 335: Bisected Souls - Page 18
Register

User Tag List

Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8 14 15 16 17 18
  1. ISO #851

2. ISO #852

Re: S-FM 335: Bisected Souls

Quote Originally Posted by Gikkle View Post
    Lag is almost certainly town. I would be very astonished if they did any of the stuff they are doing this game as scum. Giving town a mech lock way of victory (and I've explained why it would actually work)? That'd be insanity and you'd be betting on town like me standing up to it just out of principle.

Martin is very very likely town. Didn't do a full analysis of spew, but the spew I did get was that they were trying to use Martin as a sort of tool to attack Lag/MM with (MM did a so called "bad attack" on Martin, Varcron/Ozy attacked the two d1 and d2 for "strawmanning Martin"). Screams to me "white knighting", and very unlikely something a scum buddy would do to another scum buddy. VCA with S/S wagon makes it even less likely Martin would be scum, because he went from busing a partner to busing ANOTHER partner, which is silly since all it does is make both your scum buddies be under the spotlight, and you don't get significantly more town points anyways since you were already busing a partner in the first place. Final point, Martin slipped as town at the beginning of the game. More of a cherry on the top reasoning, if anything.

Lighthack, out of the town core, I would argue has the least hard evidence backing them up. D1 VC doesn't help them much (first vote is very easily a bus), I don't remember their slot being a significant voice against Ozy (They did vote them, but they were the third vote I believe, which is also an easy bus vote since the wagon had already picked up steam), and spew actually doesn't really help them (they kind of just TRed Light and left the slot alone).
    Why I TR them, and why I presume others townread them as well, is simply meta, the way they've been playing, how they've developed their reads, and stuff like that. Light and PQR are fairly open players thoughts wise, and to me, the thoughts just flow very naturally, and they are very tonally townie as well. Their doubts regarding Lag didn't ever really seem like a way of attacking her credibility, but rather like someone who is genuinely skeptical.

I don't actually remember why I TRed MM. Pretty sure it's just meta based off the fact he seems more involved than last game. He also got attacked a lot by Ozy so there's that. Which could also be a point against him considering how Ozy was trying to build a team, likely to get rid of the most vocal town leader, and might have included his actual scum buddy for the purpose of getting at lag if MM ever flips...
    Well, I'm not actually sure. That whole interaction is worth analysis but I don't really feel like I ever have time for it.

SJ is weird in that I don't really get what he's trying to achieve from any of his actions. He tried to argue Wrath was town just on the basis Wrath forgot someone. Also keeps trying to argue Lagiver is scum. Never quite saw his logic. If he's scum, idk what he's doing. If he's town, idk what he's doing. Hesitant to lynch. Starting to think this could just be town.

Loldebite is... Meh. Has kind of just been there this game. Would be willing to lynch.

WrathCyber is completely inactive. Was last vote on Mizery, so I suppose that's SOMETHING. Not much though.

In order of who I'd want to lynch....

Loldebite > WrathCyber > SuperJack > MM
    "Would be willing to lynch", proceeds to put me #1 in lynch order
    Now that's an euphemism...
    Please save me from this game, do vote me. *Furious mag screaming in the background*
    I feel kinda sad that the game would've likely been the exact same had i stayed afk... Actually it might've been harder for scum. That's how bad i think i've played

3. ISO #853

4. ISO #854

5. ISO #855

6. ISO #856

7. ISO #857

8. ISO #858

9. ISO #859

10. ISO #860

11. ISO #861

12. ISO #862

13. ISO #863

14. ISO #864

15. ISO #865

16. ISO #866

17. ISO #867

Bisected Souls

DAY 3 ENDED.

SuperJack (3 [L-2]):
    MartinGG99, Lag, Light_Yagami
    Loldebite (1 [L-4]):
    Marshmallow Marshall
    WrathCyber (2 [L-3]):
    SuperJack, Loldebite

SuperJack has been eliminated !
    SuperJack's role was :
    Spoiler : ROLE :

Soul

No last will was found.

NIGHT 3 HAS STARTED.

DAYS HOURS MINUTES SECONDS

DO NOT FORGET TO SEND THE MANDATORY TOKEN TO SOMEONE ELSE BY PMING ME (DISCORD OR FORUM).
    Quote Originally Posted by Efekannn02 View Post
    MM Magoroth and Distorted are the 3 baddies
    just like Agrael Acriel and Auwt being the original 3 baddies
    MafiaZ and Skwirl its all a repeat of history
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkRevenant View Post
    But Potoss has Pobes, Zeelot, and Acrons!
    Screw you I actually have more grudges towards the people who have their names start with A

18. ISO #868

Bisected Souls

The game has reached an end.

The Souls have won the game.

Congratulations!

The remaining scum member wanted to sub out, and considering the state of the game, it would not be pleasant to play the game anymore as a possible replacement.

Sorry to whoever expected this to last longer.

https://discord.gg/qcuJms8P
    Last edited by Auwt; November 21st, 2021 at 02:06 PM.
    Screw you I actually have more grudges towards the people who have their names start with A

19. ISO #869

20. ISO #870

21. ISO #871

22. ISO #872

23. ISO #873

24. ISO #874

25. ISO #875

9999999 votes to hammer.

26. ISO #876

@Marshmallow Marshall played well and had already projected himself as consensus town from a very early part of the game despite having fewer posts than many other slots. That level of town-energy efficiency is why wolves hate playing against MM. He did the same thing in the offsite game we played together and had to be nightkilled night 1 as a result in that game, but with no factional kill, wolves were just stuck with his town energy

@SuperJack mis-chop was largely my doing, but it's not because anyone even misplayed. By virtue of making a viable counterwagon opportunity on day 2, it virtually cleared everyone that was sticking to their guns on the Ozy push. Did it put him personally in a bad spot that needed to be flipped? I think it did, which is why I pushed him so hard (sorry SJ!) but as SuperJack said himself, sometimes townies die, sometimes they need to be flipped, it's a part of the game. And his actions on day 2 to help clear several town were just as instrumental to the win as the players he cleared.

@Loldebite also came in to days 2 and 3 with lots of town energy. I was telling oliver in our chat last night that Loldebite should never be dying today - he's just town here and if anything a deep wolf is more likely than Loldebite being a wolf, great town energy from him despite starting the game late

@Light_Yagami @PQRnHack I am pretty sure Light and I "scum-read" each other at least half a dozen times throughout the game, but never enough to warrant even attempting to push each other. And then PQ's decision to vote Ozy rather than oliver when presented the chance just cleared their slot as town for the rest of the game. Good play all around from them.

@Gikkle finding Varcron as an independently wolfy slot on day 1 helped us create the day 1 counterwagon that ended up clearing almost the entire town. If it weren't for that initiative from Gikkle, who knows if Ozy would have faced such scrutiny on day 2, who knows if the Mizery wagon could have been interpreted correctly or if paranoia of deep wolves would have set in. And Wrath's day 1 bus would have provided him far more town-cred than he ended up receiving if it weren't for the counter-wagon.

But the slot that I want to vote for MVP is:
    @MartinGG99 and @Stealthbomber16 admittedly I didn't really pay any attention to Stealth because by the time he was in the game, I had already slotted Martin as town. But Martin and I went back and forth several times on day 1, he went from a slot I was scum-reading all the way up to being a solid town read - and that was just off the back of what he was posting. That level of swing without the help of any mechanics or wagonomics to clear him is what I consider to be an MVP level performance.

If he didn't make himself so townie on day 1, then much more scrutiny gets applied to his decision to switch off of Mizery on to Ozy, maybe he gets wagoned for doing the switch to "save" Mizery instead of pushing forward on Ozy. Who knows how the game could have been different there. But his posting made me confident enough in his slot that I was more willing to label the day 1 Ozy wagon as a pure wagon over the day 1 Mizery wagon as a pure wagon, despite Mizery being the one that flipped wolf. That day 1 play from Martin and I finding each other as town, combined with Gikkle's counter-wagon on Varcron were the foundational blocks to town's stomping victory.

-vote MartinGG99

27. ISO #877

28. ISO #878

Lol gg! I'm not even going to vote for an MVP here because many townies just stomped this game (a lot through towncore of Olag/Gikkle/Martinbomber/MM, but also others through just being towny enough to be out of the immediate PoE) and pretty much everyone played their cards well. Well done!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Lawyer View Post
    Besides your lamp and your refridgerators, do you find anyone else suspicious?
    Quote Originally Posted by oliverz144 View Post
    it looks like many, e.g. MM and lag, suffered under the influence of paopan. However there is a victim: frinckles. He left the path of rationality and fully dived into the parallel reality of baby shark, king shark, and soviet union pizzas.
    Spoiler : The meaning of life :

29. ISO #879

30. ISO #880

31. ISO #881

It's a shame that the souls never really came into play here. The low activity actively acted against the setup mechanics.

I would love to revisit this setup in the future. I think the only change would be disallowing souls to directly quote their partners from the chat. Other than that this just felt like a standard 7v3 but I replaced into a slot day 2.

Me and @MartinGG99 were fucking power coupling it up. Our chat was awesome. That was great.
    Last edited by Stealthbomber16; November 21st, 2021 at 04:59 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by S-FM Unfunny View Post
    How dare you send me another box of cereal
    Quote Originally Posted by ChannelMiner View Post
    Anyways I shot Brad due to my morbid fear of zombies.

32. ISO #882

Quote Originally Posted by Lag View Post
    It was either SJ or Wrath. And Wrath cyber is literally never going deep to win the game in that position. SJ might
    I went into a detailed explanation about why SJ was town on d2 but since you didn't pay me much attention you didn't catch it

33. ISO #883

34. ISO #884

For setup balance, I don't think this run is particularly indicative of balance or not, after all, a day 1 where wolves get a town eliminated, and just 2 wolves receive a pair of tokens from town can lead to a day 2 LYLO.

(Two wolves have 2 tokens from town + 1 token from wolf teammates = 5 tokens each, day 2 is 6v3, if town miseliminates it'll go to 5v3 and the wolves will kill two people that night to make it 3v3)

The token mechanics end up making the setup very swingy which is just difficult to balance in general.

35. ISO #885

Quote Originally Posted by Lag View Post
    But the slot that I want to vote for MVP is:
    @MartinGG99 and @Stealthbomber16 admittedly I didn't really pay any attention to Stealth because by the time he was in the game, I had already slotted Martin as town. But Martin and I went back and forth several times on day 1, he went from a slot I was scum-reading all the way up to being a solid town read - and that was just off the back of what he was posting. That level of swing without the help of any mechanics or wagonomics to clear him is what I consider to be an MVP level performance.

If he didn't make himself so townie on day 1, then much more scrutiny gets applied to his decision to switch off of Mizery on to Ozy, maybe he gets wagoned for doing the switch to "save" Mizery instead of pushing forward on Ozy. Who knows how the game could have been different there. But his posting made me confident enough in his slot that I was more willing to label the day 1 Ozy wagon as a pure wagon over the day 1 Mizery wagon as a pure wagon, despite Mizery being the one that flipped wolf. That day 1 play from Martin and I finding each other as town, combined with Gikkle's counter-wagon on Varcron were the foundational blocks to town's stomping victory.

-vote MartinGG99
    I appreciate it.

I actually really enjoyed this game (especially day 1) because normally I'm not in the fore-ground of things. I'm often not necessarily one of the leading town members I would think nor one of the main contributors to discussion. I mean, normally I'm in the middle of the pack with post-count; not at the top. So, it was very interesting just interacting almost just solely on you and trying to figure you along with everyone else while working with less than 270 posts for day 1. Most of my games (especially on other sites) have more posts per phase than that so it was challenging in a unique way.

I'm rather surprised @Stealthbomber16 and I did so well, but I think this was due in part that we were able to trust and discuss with each other. Even for things that may have been inconsequential. I can't say for certain if I would have reached different conclusions if I had only myself to completely trust, but its possible as one of the things I often find difficulty in is determining how much to listen to other's conclusions; its rare or even extremely difficult for a single person to figure out a scum-team entirely on their own so I have to listen or consider other conclusions at some point just in case I'm wrong. I think this issue of mine was most prominently on D3 where I actually listened to you more than I should have scrutinized it more in comparison to our tonal reads of SJ lol. It's a delicate balance for me that I have yet to figure out.

I don't like picking MVP's because I'll admit I often view my games through the lens of my personal accomplishments or failings (In other words being selfish); so I would probably be naturally prejudiced to vote you (Lag) or SB16 here just because I think our interactions (or in the case of SB, our discussions) were very very helpful towards those accomplishments.
    Last edited by MartinGG99; November 21st, 2021 at 05:53 PM. Reason: Clarity
    A.K.A "That One Idiot"

36. ISO #886

37. ISO #887

As Martin mentions Stealthbomber16, I also wanted to give a shout-out to @oliverz144 !

He was a great teammate and his day 2 play would have been clearing for our slot if the game did end up going late (a new wolf with that level of emotional conviction is just unbelievable)

Thanks for playing this setup with me oliver!

38. ISO #888

Quote Originally Posted by Stealthbomber16 View Post
    I went into a detailed explanation about why SJ was town on d2 but since you didn't pay me much attention you didn't catch it
    Even I missed it and it probably was just reinforcing my stance on SJ being town ;-;

And yes, this game is not exactly indicative of anything related to setup balance: we literally played as if the game had been vanilla when it comes to actual use of mechanics.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Lawyer View Post
    Besides your lamp and your refridgerators, do you find anyone else suspicious?
    Quote Originally Posted by oliverz144 View Post
    it looks like many, e.g. MM and lag, suffered under the influence of paopan. However there is a victim: frinckles. He left the path of rationality and fully dived into the parallel reality of baby shark, king shark, and soviet union pizzas.
    Spoiler : The meaning of life :

39. ISO #889

Sorry wolves for not being the most active, couldn't really keep a decent game going with thoughtful posts.

Also I was kind of confused how that D1 train that fell on me managed to keep going... Wasn't really too much there in my eyes but oh well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stealthbomber16
    I feel like I'm watching a horror movie and the protag. group is exploring an old house or something and everything is super quiet, but you know something bad is about to happen. Mafia man is about to come out from behind the basement furnace and gun down varcron right in front of me. And there will be nothing I can do.

40. ISO #890

Quote Originally Posted by Varcron View Post
    Sorry wolves for not being the most active, couldn't really keep a decent game going with thoughtful posts.

Also I was kind of confused how that D1 train that fell on me managed to keep going... Wasn't really too much there in my eyes but oh well.
    Idk all 3 of you were really low activity. Happens.

41. ISO #891

42. ISO #892