FM Discord Server Template
Register

User Tag List

1. ISO #1

FM Discord Server Template

I have built a template for FM hosts to use for their games based on the setup I used in the Once Upon a Town in the West game

The template is here: https://discord.new/aJRsNYNurjye

It's also been added to the Forum Mafia Host's Guide

The major appeal of setting up a game using this template is you can have all role PMs, all night feedback, all day and night chats, all player questions, all logistics, everything, all in one place on a single Discord server. And with the way the server is setup by assigning NAI roles to users it fixes the issues that previous games that used Discord servers have had.

As a host modifying the template it is important to remember what is publicly accessible and what is not:

Publicly Accessible:
    • The Discord roles a person has been assigned
    • The names of all channels in a server
    • The channel descriptions of all channels in a server

Not Publicly Accessible:
    • What roles have access to any given channel
    • The contents of private channels

This means that a host should NOT put alignment indicative information in any role names. Should NOT put alignment indicative information in any channel names. And should NOT put alignment indicative information in any channel descriptions.

2. ISO #2

3. ISO #3

Re: FM Discord Server Template

Quote Originally Posted by OzyWho View Post
    I've never heard of discord templates

I tried to open the link twice, on phone and with discord app, discord "stopped working" both times and upon pressing "reopen the app" - nothing new appears or anything.

Could you write a small guide perhaps?
    It works just fine for me. When I click the link, there's some loading, and then a menu for me to create the server with the template appears. The issue seems to be on your end
    Quote Originally Posted by The Lawyer View Post
    Besides your lamp and your refridgerators, do you find anyone else suspicious?
    Quote Originally Posted by oliverz144 View Post
    it looks like many, e.g. MM and lag, suffered under the influence of paopan. However there is a victim: frinckles. He left the path of rationality and fully dived into the parallel reality of baby shark, king shark, and soviet union pizzas.
    Spoiler : The meaning of life :

4. ISO #4

5. ISO #5

You also on phone?
    No, computer masterrace
    Quote Originally Posted by The Lawyer View Post
    Besides your lamp and your refridgerators, do you find anyone else suspicious?
    Quote Originally Posted by oliverz144 View Post
    it looks like many, e.g. MM and lag, suffered under the influence of paopan. However there is a victim: frinckles. He left the path of rationality and fully dived into the parallel reality of baby shark, king shark, and soviet union pizzas.
    Spoiler : The meaning of life :

6. ISO #6

7. ISO #7

8. ISO #8

We are aware of this, Martin was actually the one that alerted us and MU staff of this exploit. Prior to this exploit being found it was thought that who had access to channels was not publicly available.

Pretty comedic timing for this to be up for all of 15 hours before an exploit of this system is found and announced on MU.

9. ISO #9

Quote Originally Posted by Lag View Post
    We are aware of this, Martin was actually the one that alerted us and MU staff of this exploit. Prior to this exploit being found it was thought that who had access to channels was not publicly available.

Pretty comedic timing for this to be up for all of 15 hours before an exploit of this system is found and announced on MU.
    Loo the timing is great.

Martin is the one who found it?

10. ISO #10