Steam Deck & Linux
Register

User Tag List

1. ISO #1

Steam Deck & Linux

https://www.steamdeck.com/en/

If you don't know, the Steam Deck is a hand held PC, similar to a Nintendo switch but does everything a PC does instead.
    Due to be released in December.

I managed to get in and get mine reserved, and I'm one of the lucky ones to get it in December.

Reason I'm getting one is because I was eventually going to get a Nintendo switch, but their fiasco with the Pokémon series put me off for this long. Yet when the SteamDeck was announced it makes more sense for me to use that, as I already have a games library for it.

It uses Linux and Steam have committed into making sure all the games on Steam work on the Linux system.

I use Windows currently, but if it does well with it may convince me to switch to a Linux system on my Desktop.

Anyone else getting a steam Deck?
    What are people's thoughts?
    Cryptonic made this sig

Quote Originally Posted by HentaiManOfPeace View Post
    gotchu fam

Attachment 28016

2. ISO #2

Re: Steam Deck & Linux

I signed up for the priciest one.

Thing looks awesome.

Mine is also apparently coming in December.

There are a lot of games I think I will be playing on it, lot of the 2d platformer type of games that I have that I don't play on my PC because I'm too lazy to connect a controller.

Plus, since this is a real computer, the possibilities are endless in terms of emulators.
    Last edited by Renegade; October 15th, 2021 at 08:26 AM.

3. ISO #3

Re: Steam Deck & Linux

Quote Originally Posted by Renegade View Post
    I signed up for the priciest one.

Thing looks awesome.

Mine is also apparently coming in December.

There are a lot of games I think I will be playing on it, lot of the 2d platformer type of games that I have that I don't play on my PC because I'm too lazy to connect a controller.

Plus, since this is a real computer, the possibilities are endless in terms of emulators.
    I was tempted. But as I've got kids I would feel worse if I buy the expensive one and the kids damaged it I would feel more bummed
    Cryptonic made this sig

Quote Originally Posted by HentaiManOfPeace View Post
    gotchu fam

Attachment 28016

4. ISO #4

5. ISO #5

6. ISO #6

7. ISO #7