[Approved Experimental] S-FM SVM (10P or 14P)
Register

User Tag List

1. ISO #1

S-FM SVM (10P or 14P)

OzyWho presents...

SUPPORT VOTE MAFIA

Special Mechanics
    There's 2 kinds of votes this game: Lynch votes and Support votes.
    How to Lynch vote: [VOTE]PlayerName[/VOTE]
    How to Support vote:[MENTION]HostName [/MENTION] -support PlayerName (coloring is optional)
    No self votes.
    By default, Lynch votes count for +1 and Support votes count for -0.5
    At the end of the day: the player with the highest score will be eliminated, and the player with the lowest score will gain a permanent additional -0.5 power to their support votes.
    Ties get randomized.
    Each players final scores are posted only at the end of the day. Example:
    Spoiler : Score Table :

Player Lynchers Supporters Score
    Player1 Player2, Player3 2
    Player2 Player1 Player3 0.5
    Player3 Player1, Player2 -1

Rolelist
    Mafia x3
    Town x10
    Helz x1
    or
    Mafia x2
    Town x7
    Helz x1

Rolecards
    Spoiler : Roles :

Town
    You're a member of the Town.
    In order to win, eliminate all Mafia players and Helz.
    Your power:
    Mafia
    You're a member of the Mafia.
    In order to win, outnumber Town players or be in a situation where that cannot be prevented.
    Your team chat:
    Your power:
    Helz
    You're Helz.
    You can use all Powers in the game, except Meme, including Mafia special ones
    You win when you have had an effect on votes worth 10 vote points as a living player (which means your votes, your support votes, the items you used, the items you gave to others and were used, and the abilities you performed all count towards that goal while you're alive).
    When you win, a random Towny dies and you leave the game.

Spoiler : Powers :

Vanilla
    You've no special powers

Vote Enhancer
    At night, you may gift a player of your choice a '1-use extra -0.5 support vote power for the day' item.
    You may not target yourself.
    If you're Mafia:
    • You may choose to alter the strength of the item to +0.5 or 0 or -1 or -1.5.
    • You may choose to double-count each lynch vote on the user for the day when they use the item.

Priest
    At night, you may gift a player of your choice a '1-use doubled support on self for the day' item.
    You may not target yourself.
    If you're Mafia:
    • You may choose for the item to have no effect.
    • You may choose to affect their lynch power by up to 1 point for the day when they use the item.

Auditor
    At night, you may target a player, and receive a full list of when and what items they have received.
    If you're Mafia:
    • You may choose between learning their past targets or learning their role.

Inspector
    At night, you may target a player and learn how many items have been going in+out of this slot total, and how many of those items were nonstandard.
    If you're Mafia:
    • You may choose to blackmail the player in making a default item for you. They're not informed.

Confiscator
    At night, you may target a player and remove all items in their possession from play.
    The player you target is informed.
    If you're Mafia:
    • You may choose to keep the items.

Slot Normalizer
    At night you may target a player. Their votes as well as votes on them will be unaffected the following day.
    Target is not informed.
    If you're Mafia:
    • You may choose to additionally affect either the power of their lynch vote and/or their support vote by 0.5 points.

Day Normalizer
    At day, you may activate your ability, which will cause all vote manipulations to fail for the day. This ability is one use. Not announced.
    If you're Mafia:
    • You're also informed of any items consumed today.

Coroner
    At night you may target a dead player and learn all their targets, their items, as well as what roles visited them and when.
    If you're Mafia:
    • You may choose to take their items for yourself.

Lookout
    At night, you may target one player learning who targeted them that night.

Doctor
    At night, you may choose to protect someone from death for the night.

Roleblocker
    At night, you may choose to Roleblocks a player.

Vigilante
    At night, you may choose to attempt to eliminate a player.

Meme
    Once per game, you may at night to choose to reveal yourself as a Meme the following day. If, at the end of the day, your slot has the lowest final vote score, you gain a permanent additional +1 lynch vote power.
    If you're Mafia:
    • Your team wins the game instead of the permanent additional lynch vote power.

Role Selection
    Choose as many numbers between 1 and 100 as there are players -1.
    Consult the following list:
    1-30 Vanilla
    31-55 Vote Enhancer
    56-80 Priest
    81-82 Auditor
    83-84 Confiscator
    85-86 Slot Normalizer
    87-88 Day Normalizer
    89-90 Inspector
    91-92 Coroner
    93-94 Lookout
    95-96 Doctor
    97-98 Roleblocker
    99 Vigilante
    100 Meme
    Now distribute the powers across the Town and Mafia slots.

Possible Feedbacks
    Spoiler : Feedbacks :

Vote Enhancer's target
    You've received the item"1-use extra -0.5 support vote power for the day".
    You may use it during the day, before EoD.

Priest's target
    You've received the item"1-use doubled support on self for the day".
    You may use it during the day, before EoD.

Auditor
    Your has received item X on Night 1.

Inspector
    X amount of items have been going in+out of this slot.
    Y of them were nonstandard.

Confiscator's target
    Someone removed all items from you!

Confiscator
    (Mafia) You've confiscated items x y z!

Slot Normalizer's target
    No Feedback.

Day Normalizer
    (Mafia) Items x y z have been wasted today!

Coroner
    Your target visited x during Night y.
    Your target has these items in their possession:
    Your target was visited by role A during Night B.
    (Mafia) You've taken all their items!

Lookout
    Your target was visited by x/y/z tonight!

Doctor
    No feedback.

Roleblocker's target
    Investigative roles: "No Result".
    Everyone else: nothing.

Vigilante's target
    Vigilante killed you. You're dead!

Mafia's faction kill target
    The Mafia kill you. You're dead!

Meme
    You gain a permanent additional +1 lynch vote power.
    You didn't gain a permanent additional +1 lynch vote power.

Helz
    You won!

Win Conditions
    Town: Eliminate all Mafia players and Helz.
    Mafia: Outnumber Town players or be in a situation where that cannot be prevented.
    Helz: You win when you have had an effect on votes worth 10 vote points as a living player (which means your votes, your support votes, the items you used, the items you gave to others and were use and the abilities you performed all count towards that goal while you're alive).

Mechanics
    Mafia have a faction kill. Not mandatory. Is assigned. Can't be used alongside with role powers.
    Days last 48 hours, Nights last 24 hours.
    Item use has no limits.
    No Last Wills or Suicides.
    Death Notes are allowed.
    Maximum of 1 day skip.
    Death desceptions by Mafia and Vigilante kills are not distinct.
    Mafia specific powers have to be chosen when submitting an action.

Order of Operations
    Night Day
    1)Roleblocks
    2)Doctors
    3)Kills
    4)Inspector
    5)Vote Enhancer, Priest
    6)Slot Normalizer
    7)Coroner (Mafia before Town)
    8)Confiscator
    9)Auditor
    10)Lookout
    1)Meme announcement
    2)Day Normalizer
    3)Vote Influence Calculations:
    3.1)Addition and Substraction.
    3.2)Multiplication and division by Helz's given items/abilities.
    3.3)multiplication and division by everyone else.
    4)Vote Scores calculation.
    5)Lynch
    6)Extra support vote power
    7)Helz win condition
    8)Meme

Rules
    Forum Mafia Rules apply.

Voting mechanics inspired by Helz
    Last edited by OzyWho; November 17th, 2021 at 08:30 PM.

2. ISO #2

3. ISO #3

4. ISO #4

Re: S-FM SVM

Quote Originally Posted by Lag View Post
    Is this a joke? Or is this a serious thread? lol

EDIT: Actually a cursory look over the setup, this looks to be a legit setup, not just a parody of MM's setup for parody's sake
    Yesterday I thought the setup great.
    Today I think the setup is way too much, both for hosting and for playing.

Tbh, I did want to troll MM a bit. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Yah but seriously, this is such a troll setup idk what I was thinking..

5. ISO #5

Quote Originally Posted by OzyWho View Post
    @Marshmallow Marshall I like your color codes

Nice setup lmao
    Quote Originally Posted by The Lawyer View Post
    Besides your lamp and your refridgerators, do you find anyone else suspicious?
    Quote Originally Posted by oliverz144 View Post
    it looks like many, e.g. MM and lag, suffered under the influence of paopan. However there is a victim: frinckles. He left the path of rationality and fully dived into the parallel reality of baby shark, king shark, and soviet union pizzas.
    Spoiler : The meaning of life :

6. ISO #6

7. ISO #7

8. ISO #8

So after chatting with Ozy about it I realized something worth mentioning. This setup does something kinda profound that I have never seen before. On the most basic level in a game of Mafia the town wants to lynch people to eliminate scum and create information for hunting scum while the scum just wants to establish a majority. The 'balance' of a game is centered around player count but only because of votes. When each player has 1 its easy to quantify.

In this setup that changes. Vote power shifts between players far beyond the existence of a mayor. But what is truly interesting is that it makes the 'balance' value of killing a player dynamic. In this game kills would not be simply eliminating a player from one side but rather a substantial shift in vote power.

Going even deeper it creates a situation where a 'majority' could be reached without the game being a loss. Scum could acquire the majority vote (normally ending the game) but be noticed and TPR's could shift the majority back into the hands of the town the next day.

Lynches would also have to account for the 'vote power' of the individual. Maybe you town read Helz but if the guy has 8 vote power that 10% chance he is scum becomes really scary and players would question if he is too dangerous to be kept alive.

Figured some of this was worth pointing out. I found it super interesting to think about and this borders on transforming the game into something other than mafia on a very basic level. I have never seen a setup that actually changes the core power dynamics of how a game functions like that but I bet if someone mentioned the idea to someone like Zork something... 'unique' would happen.

9. ISO #9

10. ISO #10

Yah I really need to reword Helz's wincon somehow..
    It's meant like accumulative of his own votes, across days, as well as that of his given items or used abilities.
    Ngl, I'm not sure how to reword it.
    You win when you have had an effect on votes worth 10 vote points as a living player (which means your votes, your support votes, the items you used and the abilities you performed all count towards that goal while you're alive).
    it looks like many, e.g. MM and lag, suffered under the influence of paopan. However there is a victim: frinckles. He left the path of rationality and fully dived into the parallel reality of baby shark, king shark, and soviet union pizzas.

11. ISO #11

Quote Originally Posted by Marshmallow Marshall View Post
    You win when you have had an effect on votes worth 10 vote points as a living player (which means your votes, your support votes, the items you used and the abilities you performed all count towards that goal while you're alive).
    I was actually thinking more on the lines of "the items that you give away and were used" - to incentivize giving modified items away, or any items at all for that matter.
    I think I'll stick to that idea. It's also undisputed direct influence while using a item like "double support on self" it's more debatable wether that's a direct influence or not, I'd argue the one who gave that item deserves that credit.
    But then again, counting the effects of the other item
    while not for this one would be kind of a double standard.

God damnit..

12. ISO #12

13. ISO #13

It probably won't be a surprise if I tell you this will be reviewed as an experimental setup and later approved as such lol (which means people should be aware it's a little crazy/different before signing).

I suggest you also force people to @ mention the host when they place support votes so that you do not have to read through 1k posts to know who support-voted who, for the sake of your sanity lol.

If Helz can even use mafia-specific powers, does it mean he can use the Mafia Meme's power and win that way? Nice alternative wincon :P

Vote Enhancer gives items, right? The wording is not entirely clear imo, maybe clarifying it would be a good idea.

Inspector power card: What is a nonstandard item? What is a default item?

Powers: When you say "affect" vote power, does it mean adding power, removing power or both?

Role selection:
    - I assume "amount of players -1" is because Helz has all special powers and thus doesn't need to be assigned one?
    - Pure RNG is balance's worst enemy. If you wish to stick to this, I suggest you generate more than 1 setup and pick the most [insert whatever your criterion for a good game is here] one. You could even leave that criterion unspecified so that people could not speculate whether your goal was to create a crazy game or a balanced game

14. ISO #14

It probably won't be a surprise if I tell you this will be reviewed as an experimental setup and later approved as such lol (which means people should be aware it's a little crazy/different before signing).
    Wouldn't have it any other way!

I suggest you also force people to @ mention the host when they place support votes so that you do not have to read through 1k posts to know who support-voted who, for the sake of your sanity lol.
    Done. But then also made coloring optional.

If Helz can even use mafia-specific powers, does it mean he can use the Mafia Meme's power and win that way? Nice alternative wincon :P
    Totally missed that lol.
    Even though it's funny, I just excluded it to not think about it.

Vote Enhancer gives items, right? The wording is not entirely clear imo, maybe clarifying it would be a good idea.
    Added the word 'Item' for Vote Enhancer and Priest.

Inspector power card: What is a nonstandard item? What is a default item?
    Nonstandard = items that were influenced by Mafia special abilities. Realistically I don't expect Mafia priest and vote enhancer to ever use their Mafia abilities tbh, but you never know. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Do you think it needs more clarification?

Powers: When you say "affect" vote power, does it mean adding power, removing power or both?
    Both.

Role selection:
    - I assume "amount of players -1" is because Helz has all special powers and thus doesn't need to be assigned one?
    Yep.

- Pure RNG is balance's worst enemy. If you wish to stick to this, I suggest you generate more than 1 setup and pick the most [insert whatever your criterion for a good game is here] one. You could even leave that criterion unspecified so that people could not speculate whether your goal was to create a crazy game or a balanced game
    I removed the 'random' part. Now it's up to the host.
    But tbh, I feel like it was already balanced no matter what. 30% vanilla, 25% vote enhancer, 25% priest, every other role having a max count 1 or 2.
    Last edited by OzyWho; October 14th, 2021 at 10:01 AM.

15. ISO #15

Clarifying potentially confusing elements in a setup is always good imo.

Random wasn't too bad, I just thought it was a good idea to have a failsafe to avoid fiasco setups.

Other than that, I think the setup is pretty good, at least in the spirit of it being testing grounds for the support vote mechanic. Any comments before approval? Do you want to be added to the Queue?

Also, I will finish my version of the setup if this formula proves interesting enough

16. ISO #16

17. ISO #17

Nooooo no queue
    I was just enjoying myself with setup creation

Also on clarifications - this setup would get many questions anyways, can't avoid it
    Lol ok. This is extremely cute, both because of the gif and the context <3

Approved as Experimental. If anyone wants to host this at any point, feel free to ping FM staff.

18. ISO #18

19. ISO #19

Re: S-FM SVM (10P or 14P)

What does this mean exactly? If a Lookout rolls then give one Lookout to town and one to mafia?
    No, the "1 for each" is meant as "1 for each slot", hence why randomed that many powers. I remember recognizing that saying "1 for each slot" would be easier to understand, but I rejected that idea because it's technically incorrect and making it "one for each slot among town and mafia" seems unnecessary word heavy in an already word heavy setup.

How'd you have worded it? I do try in making my setups be as concisely worded as I can.
    I actually felt good about that specific wording because I thought that the way it's worded in C9++ is much less concise by comparison.

20. ISO #20

No, the "1 for each" is meant as "1 for each slot", hence why randomed that many powers. I remember recognizing that saying "1 for each slot" would be easier to understand, but I rejected that idea because it's technically incorrect and making it "one for each slot among town and mafia" seems unnecessary word heavy in an already word heavy setup.

How'd you have worded it? I do try in making my setups be as concisely worded as I can.
    I actually felt good about that specific wording because I thought that the way it's worded in C9++ is much less concise by comparison.
    It seems like there's a chance for town to roll all the power roles while mafia rolls none, or vice versa where mafia rolls all the power roles while town gets none.

C9++ counters this by making it so as town gets more power roles and stronger power roles, the anti-town factions get stronger as well.

Rolling a d100 and assigning to slots in an alignment agnostic manner seems like it runs a high risk of having one sided setups?

21. ISO #21

It seems like there's a chance for town to roll all the power roles while mafia rolls none, or vice versa where mafia rolls all the power roles while town gets none.

C9++ counters this by making it so as town gets more power roles and stronger power roles, the anti-town factions get stronger as well.

Rolling a d100 and assigning to slots in an alignment agnostic manner seems like it runs a high risk of having one sided setups?
    Lol
    I remember MM pointing out the issues with pure random also, during the review. See, in #14's last sentence I said "I removed the 'random' part". But I removed only the random part of role selection, not the random part of role assigning.
    I'm just gonna remove the mention of any randoming lol. I wonder if that's what MM originally meant or it's an oversight.

Ftr, I'd 99% RNG everything as host anyways very likely. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Ughh.. I'd rather have liked it if my setup could run itself where the host only has to follow instructions tbh. This feels incomplete now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!???!?!!!!!!

Also, there's technically a controversy now, before I edit. First it says pick numbers hence roles. Then later it says to assign the randomed roles randomly.
    I can fix 2 things in 1.

Thanks, btw.
    Funny oversight ngl.