S-FM 334 (Ladder): Once Upon a Town in the West (Small-Town Mafia) (13P) - Page 8
Register

User Tag List

Page 8 of 63 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 18 58 ... LastLast
  1. ISO #351

2. ISO #352

Re: S-FM 334 (Ladder): Once Upon a Town in the West (Small-Town Mafia) (13P)

Quote Originally Posted by luona View Post
    im starting this post off by a very important announcement: im painting my nails rn if anyone can guess what color it is they get a FREE townread!!!
    also just figured out how to do this cool font stuff am i a site regular now
    Maaaybe :P

hear me out,
    what if you
    heal me tonight :o
    xD that seems to be a common request!

yet ur vote isnt on him.. why?
    Oooooo that is a very good point, considering he's a strong advocate for placing votes and reading based on who placed or didn't place votes... @Oberon

hows this distancing
    He began halfheartedly questionning you as soon as he got suspected. That can be done to distance yourself from a scummate, so assuming scum!Light, we'd have to look into that.

i remember jmw had some posts i like, but he had alot more posts i dislike. i find his stances on things weird. (if u need more, i can quote specifics once my nails dry)
    oliver, i didnt like how originally he didnt really mind if we would go for a paopan lynch or not. i think his specific wordings were "scum will manipulate him if hes town" or something along those lines which, while that may be true, i think it would better to lynch maf/scumreads than lynching "dangerous roles" just for the sake of. i remember asking him if he scumread paopan, but i dont remember seeing a reply, did i miss it?

ngl i forgot how to vote again, but i backread for it and i hope it works
    -vote PQRNHACK

i like this vote the most rn

anyone i've mentioned not liking earlier i would be fine with as well, though as oliver posts more i got slight doubts in my read on him. also add oberon in the list of people i wouldn't mind voting.
    Yea I'm not sure I understand what you mean about jmw.
    The Oliver part is clear, though, and I agree with it; see #333 and #335 for Oliver's replies. His approach is weird, and the part about lynching the mayor because he's the mayor makes little sense. Given that he's from another site, though, I'm trying to be careful not to mistake cultural differences for scumtells.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Lawyer View Post
    Besides your lamp and your refridgerators, do you find anyone else suspicious?
    Quote Originally Posted by oliverz144 View Post
    it looks like many, e.g. MM and lag, suffered under the influence of paopan. However there is a victim: frinckles. He left the path of rationality and fully dived into the parallel reality of baby shark, king shark, and soviet union pizzas.
    Spoiler : The meaning of life :

3. ISO #353

Quote Originally Posted by jmw View Post
    Roles aren't alignment indicative, so as far as I'm concerned they don't matter too much in terms of alignment.
    If I think someone's scum, I'm going to go after them, and their role being strong won't stop me.
    That said, I'm not sure why you say I'm going after BG doc and sheriff? I've yet to place a serious vote.

My vote on Obron is from RVS. I don't feel like I need to remove it yet and haven't felt like voting anyone else yet so it stays.
    I feel like most of my posts have been straightforward except for the W/W PQrn and MM read. Which my initial thought behind was "If PQrn is scum, this looks like an easy excuse to switch your vote off of a teammate" but after sleeping on it, that read is bad because it was basically still RVS and PQrn could have swapped off of a teammate for any reason, plus there's no guarantee PQrn was voting a teammate anyway.
    It's also weird to frame my townlean on light as a "weak excuse", seems like a lot of shading, but I can understand if you disagree. While reading up I did see the "sheriff confirmed town" post which is the only one I'd think so far to be scummy in any way. Don't know if it's enough to change my initial impression yet, we'll see.

To 1: excluding scum coach driver, there are no "odds" in me hitting a protective. Either I target someone with a protective role or I don't. If you don't trust my gamesolving abilities and thus don't trust my shots, that's one thing, but I don't feel like 1 is a valid reason to block me.
    Also if I get blocked I'll be sad

Can you give an example of a post or thought process that matches how you were thinking about the game? How were you thinking about the game?
    And also BG for mafia doesn't seem that strong, as if they protect a teammate successfully, they die, and it's a 1 for 1 (which is always good for town) and if we can figure out who they were protecting we catch another scum as well.

I'd be careful with this, although it was randed thrice and the fairest was taken, the odds are low but possible for all three pairings to have had some combo you would deem unbalanced (all three setups could have rolled with Jailor and Vigilante as scum for example, then no matter what Lag does me and Oberon would be S/S).
    I wouldn't assume any pairings of people to not be S/S based on roles, I'd look at interactions for that.

Angleshooting is annoying so I disagree.

/shrug, I thought of something so I posted about it.
    I don't know how to answer that question, you can ask PQR who's played a game with me or Gikkle who's played many games with me.
    I really like this post.
    Do Not open this spoiler under any condition!!!!!!!
    Spoiler : :
    WHY CANT YOU FOLLOW SIMPLE DIRECTIONS?
    YOU HAVE JUST CAUSED THE END OF ALL MANKIND!!!!!!

<a href=https://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic27614_1.gif target=_blank>https://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/signat...pic27614_1.gif</a>

4. ISO #354

Quote Originally Posted by Auwt View Post
    Jailor and Vigilante might be on the same side, but would be unbalanced.
    It might actually be one of the most unbalanced one.
    So are you suggesting lynch Jailer or Viggy day one the scummer of the 2? And if we lynch the mafia other is sudo confirmed town? That is how I am reading what you put If I Am wrong please correct me.

<a href=https://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic27614_1.gif target=_blank>https://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/signat...pic27614_1.gif</a>

5. ISO #355

6. ISO #356

7. ISO #357

My Read are at this time From my PoV

Confirmed Town
    Mike

Town Read
    No One

Town Lean Not Town Read
    Frinckles ( we vibed )
    JMW ( Yes I have liked his responses)
    Oliverz ( I like his posts give me a warm fussy)

Nuetral Reads ( Meaning I am unsure of town or mafia)
    MM (I have a more town lean but guy pocketed my last time we played this setup so he stays in Neutral)
    NotPaopan (He has not done anything scummy but he is Mayor)
    Gikkle (Need more time to figure out this one)
    Loldebite (noting AI)

Scum Lean
    Oberon ( Dude is odd not giving me any of his town tells I need more time to evaluate him so borderline Scum lean to Neutral)
    PQRnHack ( I have no idea what to make of this guy. Feels like he is posting just to post nothing usefull)
    Luona ( Same as PQRnHack but is Luona is New I may understand Do not know how new Luona is)
    Auwt ( VEt I can not check Perfect Mafia hidding spot., But Auwt can feel mafia day 1 even if he is town. so I am willing to give him a few days to figure out his role.)

Scum Read
    Light_Yagami ( Dude as town is always Paranoide overly paranoide, This game he came in not paranoide at all then gives me a Confirmed town read out the gate.)

8. ISO #358

Quote Originally Posted by Light_Yagami View Post
    Im here.. Just Was Busy Whats Up?
    Ok let me find you if you are town. Right now you are my top scum read. what are your reads.

9. ISO #359

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    Ok let me find you if you are town. Right now you are my top scum read. what are your reads.
    Well Pqrn The Guy Im Voting.. I Question Oberon Seems Like He Is Just Echoing What You And MM Have Been Saiyan About Me..

10. ISO #360

Mainly Oberon Though He Has Really Posted Anything Other Then Echoing Seems Like He Is Trying To Subtly Pocket Both You And MM While Making Plausible Deniability If Im The Lynch Today.. So He Can Turn Around And Be Like See Both Mike And MM Have To Be Scum Since They Were Pushing For A Yagami Lynch.. Hence They Must Be Scum Team.. Kinda Thing.

11. ISO #361

Mainly Oberon Though He Has Really Posted Anything Other Then Echoing Seems Like He Is Trying To Subtly Pocket Both You And MM While Making Plausible Deniability If Im The Lynch Today.. So He Can Turn Around And Be Like See Both Mike And MM Have To Be Scum Since They Were Pushing For A Yagami Lynch.. Hence They Must Be Scum Team.. Kinda Thing.
    Correction

Hasnt Really Posted.

12. ISO #362

They why are you on PRQ over Oberon if he is your top scum?

13. ISO #363

They why are you on PRQ over Oberon if he is your top scum?
    Im On Loldebite.. Because He Said Train.. And That Is One Third Of My Main Scum Tells... The Rest Is Choo Choo All Aboard The Lynch Train..

14. ISO #364

Well Pqrn The Guy Im Voting.. I Question Oberon Seems Like He Is Just Echoing What You And MM Have Been Saiyan About Me..
    Im On Loldebite.. Because He Said Train.. And That Is One Third Of My Main Scum Tells... The Rest Is Choo Choo All Aboard The Lynch Train..
    This is why I thought you where on PRQ sorry did not look at the vote tally

15. ISO #365

16. ISO #366

So you top scum is Loldebite and second is Oberon then PQR? IS that correct?

17. ISO #367

Commas Save Lives.
    Who is your top town other than me

18. ISO #368

19. ISO #369

20. ISO #370

I Guess Id Have Ta Say Luona ATM.. Followed By MM.. Again That Can Change As Time Goes On..
    Why Luona what have Luona done that made you town read Him or Her

21. ISO #371

22. ISO #372

I Town Read The Slot Because Of A Re-Read Of The Thread.. And How I Found It Funny How The Slot Says The Same Thing As Me.. Ive Been Giving My Reads Not My Fault If You Havent Read The Thread.. So I Found That Humorous..

23. ISO #373

24. ISO #374

Also Auwt & Paopan Are Scum Leaning In My Book As Of Now..
    Why?

25. ISO #375

26. ISO #376

Quote Originally Posted by Marshmallow Marshall View Post
    if i figure out how to do this cool text thingy can i get a red name as well : o

Quote Originally Posted by Marshmallow Marshall View Post
    Yea I'm not sure I understand what you mean about jmw.
    The Oliver part is clear, though, and I agree with it; see #333 and #335 for Oliver's replies. His approach is weird, and the part about lynching the mayor because he's the mayor makes little sense. Given that he's from another site, though, I'm trying to be careful not to mistake cultural differences for scumtells.
    ill be honest, i think i was mixing up who posted something but i dont wanna go searching for it, but i've found other reasons!
    -
    this site is hell for isoing ;-;
    alot of jmws earlier postings are fluffy and honestly forgettable,
    If PQR flips scum MM scum odds increase

Don't really like Mike off of a skim. Gikkle feels meh, hard to read him on D1 but it feels like he's playing a bit differently on purpose because this is offsite which doesn't make meta reading very helpful
    this is what sticks out alot though, because of how... i dont really understand any of the reads in this post..?
    on surface level, they look good, but i don't see him trying to develop and solve you/pqrnhack much. he did later do "takebacksies" from the you/pqrnhack read... but i think its still valuable to keep how weird the thought was in the first place in consideration.
    "don't really like mike off of a skim" seems like much better reasoning than his original vote on oberon. reads like it could be scum subtly shading a partner.

Townlean LY for this.
    I think scum LY either disables the activity filter or closes the tab instead of posting about leaving the tab open and leaving it open.
    If LY was inexperienced I would say this is scummy (due to caring so much about appearances) but from what I've seen it seems like this is not LY's first rodeo (ha) so I think this is more townie than not
    mentioned before, this is an awful reason to townread someone.

then look deeper, hes questioning mike.. but never places a vote on him? it looks like hes highly suspicious of mike, so this doesn't really look like hes doing it all in good faith.

My vote on Obron is from RVS. I don't feel like I need to remove it yet and haven't felt like voting anyone else yet so it stays.
    I feel like most of my posts have been straightforward except for the W/W PQrn and MM read. Which my initial thought behind was "If PQrn is scum, this looks like an easy excuse to switch your vote off of a teammate" but after sleeping on it, that read is bad because it was basically still RVS and PQrn could have swapped off of a teammate for any reason, plus there's no guarantee PQrn was voting a teammate anyway.
    It's also weird to frame my townlean on light as a "weak excuse", seems like a lot of shading, but I can understand if you disagree. While reading up I did see the "sheriff confirmed town" post which is the only one I'd think so far to be scummy in any way. Don't know if it's enough to change my initial impression yet, we'll see.
    I don't see him interacting with oberon much, so this really just reads like he wants to keep a vote, but doesn't wanna put his neck out there. keeping an easy vote, i suppose is what it is.

Why is everyone here so hard to read

MM is being very reasonable, I get the sense that nothing they've done so far is out of a normal wolfrange but I've liked their posts the most out of anyone's opening on a re-read
    Gikkle's also not done anything that he couldn't do as both alignments yet, but I like his sanity check on the (frankly not so good) read I made last night.
    Mike and Light's reasonings are very odd to me, I can't understand Light's reasonings behind townreading the sheriff and don't think I'm going to get anywhere on that topic at all.
    Mike seems to have a ToS player point of view with regards to roles that seems to come into his posts as a bias toward those roles and against anyone who targets those roles? (myself)

PQR and Oliver seem similar to the only game I've played with them, where they were both town
    And as weird as it is, I like Oberon quickly backing down off of Oliver. Think that's a good look.
    hes. just. continually. shading. mike. without. putting. an. actual. vote. on. him.

27. ISO #377

PQRnHack ( I have no idea what to make of this guy. Feels like he is posting just to post nothing usefull)
    Luona ( Same as PQRnHack but is Luona is New I may understand Do not know how new Luona is)
    how am i doing nothing useful?

her

28. ISO #378

It Shouldnt Be All That Hard To Read... I Believe We Are All Speaking English...
    Wrong kind of "read".
    "don't really like mike off of a skim" seems like much better reasoning than his original vote on oberon. reads like it could be scum subtly shading a partner.
    Of course it seems like better reasoning than my original vote, my original vote was an RVS vote with literally no reason attached to it. Why even bother including my oberon vote in this sentence as though that vote had any merit at all?
    then look deeper, hes questioning mike.. but never places a vote on him? it looks like hes highly suspicious of mike, so this doesn't really look like hes doing it all in good faith.
    If you're expecting me to vote for every single person I so much as glance at, prepare to be disappointed.
    hes. just. continually. shading. mike. without. putting. an. actual. vote. on. him.
    How does me saying I don't understand Mike's thought process equate shading him?
    I explained what his thought process is to me (as I did with Light's in the same post) and why that's making it harder for me to interact with and read these players.
    Not once in that post did I say anything about Mike being scummy, and the worst thing I've said about Mike in that post is that he seems to have a bias (which isn't exclusive to scum).

29. ISO #379

Wakey wakey. I see i got some fans. I need some explanations here.

@Gikkle @luona why you voting me? I am town CS, and it's a relatively important mason-like role. But I guess lynching "important" roles is today's favorite huh? Mayor Jailor Vet on the menu too huh? This save really messes with people's minds. Im gonna need a few more drinks here, jeez.

30. ISO #380

My Read are at this time From my PoV

Confirmed Town
    Mike

Town Read
    No One

Town Lean Not Town Read
    Frinckles ( we vibed )
    JMW ( Yes I have liked his responses)
    Oliverz ( I like his posts give me a warm fussy)

Nuetral Reads ( Meaning I am unsure of town or mafia)
    MM (I have a more town lean but guy pocketed my last time we played this setup so he stays in Neutral)
    NotPaopan (He has not done anything scummy but he is Mayor)
    Gikkle (Need more time to figure out this one)
    Loldebite (noting AI)

Scum Lean
    Oberon ( Dude is odd not giving me any of his town tells I need more time to evaluate him so borderline Scum lean to Neutral)
    Auwt ( VEt I can not check Perfect Mafia hidding spot., But Auwt can feel mafia day 1 even if he is town. so I am willing to give him a few days to figure out his role.)

Scum Read
    Light_Yagami ( Dude as town is always Paranoide overly paranoide, This game he came in not paranoide at all then gives me a Confirmed town read out the gate.)
    That's what everyone says of me. It's D1, which I hate. I actually do have some ideas but im gonna withhold for the time being.

31. ISO #381

32. ISO #382

33. ISO #383

34. ISO #384

Speaking of probability, probability based pairings are bad and if you read two people as not W/W because "those roles both being mafia is unbalanced" I will cry

so don't do it
    It is difficult for humans to segregate reason, feelings, and emotions. And to your comment that oliver and I are same as in the one game you know us from - well duh, we are the same humans with same characteristics! And truth is, I screwed up and let emotions and gut feeling get the best of me in that game when I was super confident oliver was scum.

35. ISO #385

- paopan has a very dangerous role late game. He is either mafia and can manipulate votes, or is town and manipulated by scum. Theres no need for saving him as a person/player, we can lynch him and lower poe.
    i think that paopans role is useless for town.
    hes just a flip to be done, to lower poe

public actions will allow a public action plan
    we need to work together to flip scum. if we dont, we will be manipulated by mafia, and will hit town only.

i first thaugth the way he doesnt see the table with the roles is strange. turns out, he is lost like this half of the time lmao
    Oh boy. You are very rude to say that I should be the next PoE due to my 2 vote count; regardless of my alignment.

36. ISO #386

Also Auwt & Paopan Are Scum Leaning In My Book As Of Now..
    Scum Track Record..lol
    My past records of getting a baddy role holds "zero" significance in this game. Stop the bs record and look elsewhere, say a pattern or my past interaction with people to slightly predict my alignment.

37. ISO #387

38. ISO #388

Spoiler : quotes :

I honestly do not know what to make of this. You reason is off to me light as town you have more logic.
    This is odd not that he voted for mayor but that fact he has only 1 Post and it is this post.
    @Frinckles you aonly have 1 post also and I have seenyou pop in what are your thoughts other than lurk
    You think I dont have doubts about you?
    Light you have me thinking of a posible Auwt NotPaopan Light + 1 mafia world.
    BTW Pocket = Fail

Not accepting it
    -vote Light_Yagami
    Are you trollin ??? or did you not see the setup has confirmed roles.

Don't remember any of these posts I just saw reading back. But they make Mike look good, actually.

39. ISO #389

Quote Originally Posted by NotPaopan View Post
    My past records of getting a baddy role holds "zero" significance in this game. Stop the bs record and look elsewhere, say a pattern or my past interaction with people to slightly predict my alignment.
    Hey buddy!
    Any thoughts on anyone at all thus far, aside from what you've posted about Oliver?

40. ISO #390

ANNOUCEMENT: Lord Mayor Paopan SPEAKING

Good Day my fellow people. It is I, your Lord Mayor Paopan... that concludes that I have no conclusion as of yet.

Everyone can relax for now. But don't fret. The Lord Mayor will announce in the next 24 hours and there may be or not be a death sentence for this day.

Please take care of yourselves and drink 200mg of caffeine + coffee every day. Thank you all, my fellow citizens.

41. ISO #391

Good Day my fellow people. It is I, your Lord Mayor Paopan... that concludes that I have no conclusion as of yet.

Everyone can relax for now. But don't fret. The Lord Mayor will announce in the next 24 hours and there may be or not be a death sentence for this day.

Please take care of yourselves and drink 200mg of caffeine + coffee every day. Thank you all, my fellow citizens.
    News flash. What I'm drinking aint coffee. In fact, I haven't drunk coffee in several years!

42. ISO #392

Couldnt That Cause Cardiac Arrest?

43. ISO #393

Hey buddy!
    Any thoughts on anyone at all thus far, aside from what you've posted about Oliver?
    I have been collecting information from my intelligence service. I won't disclose the reads and info I have received.

Not that I have been hiding information. I just don't want to make a conclusion hastely.

As the Lord Mayor, I am the Lord of the day. Great power comes with great responsibility.

I won't be easily manipulated.

44. ISO #394

Quote Originally Posted by PQRnHack View Post
    News flash. What I'm drinking aint coffee. In fact, I haven't drunk coffee in several years!
    Couldnt That Cause Cardiac Arrest?
    The Lord states that this wasn't a requirement. But it is recommended.

Up to 400mg is safe. But it depends on your tolerance.

If you experience numbness, palpitations, etc. You can stop and it won't reach up to that worst-case scenario.

In any way. We need more inputs about @Oberon

As there would be a lynch, or no lynch for today... are heavily dependent upon you.

45. ISO #395

Oh boy I can already tell this is going to be wacky and wild

out of sheer laziness and liking what I've seen so far Oliver, PQrn, and Mike can be my townreads for now.
    Light/Mike interactions are weird but don't really mean anything preflip association wise.

Would still like Mike to respond to the part of my post where I asked them a question:
    I know people are scum leanin Frinkles. But his posts are matchin with how I was thinking about the game. Feels from a town mindset. Also a Bgfor a Mafia role would be messed up for mafia. I am not saying to give him a pass. But Not day 1 give it a day please. We will learn more tomorrow.
    Can you give an example of a post or thought process that matches how you were thinking about the game? How were you thinking about the game?
    And also BG for mafia doesn't seem that strong, as if they protect a teammate successfully, they die, and it's a 1 for 1 (which is always good for town) and if we can figure out who they were protecting we catch another scum as well.
    and no real thoughts other than that. Pao is larping too hard for me to develop any sort of impactful first impression

46. ISO #396

In any way. We need more inputs about @Oberon
    Meh.
    I liked one post of his where he backed off of a misread. His push onto Gikkle I wasn't too keen of because of the way it was split into parts with completely different reactions.
    If you're asking if we no lynch D1 so Oberon can execute, absolutely not. Even if I heavily townread the slot.

47. ISO #397

Oh boy I can already tell this is going to be wacky and wild

out of sheer laziness and liking what I've seen so far Oliver, PQrn, and Mike can be my townreads for now.
    Light/Mike interactions are weird but don't really mean anything preflip association wise.

Would still like Mike to respond to the part of my post where I asked them a question:

and no real thoughts other than that. Pao is larping too hard for me to develop any sort of impactful first impression
    The Lord respects your opinion.

The Lord reiterates his disgusts towards Day 1 reads full of old man farts.

48. ISO #398

Meh.
    I liked one post of his where he backed off of a misread. His push onto Gikkle I wasn't too keen of because of the way it was split into parts with completely different reactions.
    If you're asking if we no lynch D1 so Oberon can execute, absolutely not. Even if I heavily townread the slot.
    His jail and execution decision on night 1 would heavily affect his position in the upcoming days. Are you scared of being jailed on night 1?

49. ISO #399

50. ISO #400