How many bodyguards will die if...?
Register

User Tag List

1. ISO #1

Lightbulb How many bodyguards will die if...?

Let's say three bodyguards protect a mayor, Godfather decides to shoot the mayor, will all three bodyguards die or just one? According to a previous post, two doctors are needed to protect a target from two separate attacks at night, so will only one bodyguard die? They are all protectors.

What if two bodyguards protect one person, but that person gets a visit from the Godfather on the same night who has an unsuspecting bodyguard on him, how many bodyguards die?

Another scenario, two bodyguards protect a vigilante who attacks a veteran at night who has a hapless bodyguard on him, how many people die?

2. ISO #2

Re: How many bodyguards will die if...?

Quote Originally Posted by gregl View Post
    Let's say three bodyguards protect a mayor, Godfather decides to shoot the mayor, will all three bodyguards die or just one? According to a previous post, two doctors are needed to protect a target from two separate attacks at night, so will only one bodyguard die? They are all protectors.

What if two bodyguards protect one person, but that person gets a visit from the Godfather on the same night who has an unsuspecting bodyguard on him, how many bodyguards die?

Another scenario, two bodyguards protect a vigilante who attacks a veteran at night who has a hapless bodyguard on him, how many people die?
    I am by no means a definitive source on this, but I believe the way it works is that:

3 BG protect Mayor, GF attacks = 1 Bodyguard dies, GF dies. The bodyguard dies is, for most purposes, random. But I believe whichever BG is in the lowest numbered lobby slot will be the one that dies. (Lobby slot is different from the in-game numbered slot. It's the order of players in the lobby, not in game)

Second case I believe the bodyguard protecting the mayor dies and the godfather dies. I do not think that a bodyguard can protect someone from another bodyguard.

Third case - the Veteran does not die, he cannot die on alert except to Arsonist burn (Or Jester suicide iirc). So the Veteran lives. The bodyguard duels the veteran to protect the vig, so the vig lives. Just the bodyguard dies in a duel with the veteran.

3. ISO #3