Request: Doctor should be able to save people with heart attacks
Register

User Tag List

1. ISO #1

Lightbulb Request: Doctor should be able to save people with heart attacks

I think some AFK players deserve a second chance, maybe they had to go to the kitchen or the restroom and couldn't make it back in time

Witch doctors can rescue players with heart attacks, why can't regular doctors? They're both doctors!

WAIT SCRATCH THAT, witch doctors can't rescue heart attack victim, I was mistaken. OOPS
    Last edited by gregl; September 25th, 2021 at 02:01 PM. Reason: False statement about witch doctor keeping heart attack victim alive.

2. ISO #2

3. ISO #3

Re: Request: Doctor should be able to save people with heart attacks

The point of heart attacks is to prevent people from sitting AFK all game, forcing town to lynch them at some point because they're a big question mark (or at least causing serious doubt when it comes to worldbuilding). Doctors shouldn't really be healing heart attacks lol, it's usually against town's interest (there's almost always a better target than some AFK guy who's not talking, not voting, and not doing anything at night).

But I understand the frustration of getting heart attacks because you went away in the middle of a night after putting your action in...
    Quote Originally Posted by The Lawyer View Post
    Besides your lamp and your refridgerators, do you find anyone else suspicious?
    Quote Originally Posted by oliverz144 View Post
    it looks like many, e.g. MM and lag, suffered under the influence of paopan. However there is a victim: frinckles. He left the path of rationality and fully dived into the parallel reality of baby shark, king shark, and soviet union pizzas.
    Spoiler : The meaning of life :

4. ISO #4

@Lag
    I was wondering if it was possible for you to do your computer magic thingy and pull up statistics, which roles heart attack the most?

I remember dying from heart attack often even though being present in the game. Just not talking + having a role that I don't want to night action with or something.

I feel like the heart attack's theoretical purpose doesn't correspond with how it is in practice at all.
    If we knew that roles like Jailor, Government and Benign died far more than the rest - that'd prove it I think.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

5. ISO #5

Quote Originally Posted by OzyWho View Post
    @Lag
    I was wondering if it was possible for you to do your computer magic thingy and pull up statistics, which roles heart attack the most?

I remember dying from heart attack often even though being present in the game. Just not talking + having a role that I don't want to night action with or something.

I feel like the heart attack's theoretical purpose doesn't correspond with how it is in practice at all.
    If we knew that roles like Jailor, Government and Benign died far more than the rest - that'd prove it I think.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Not currently. In the future, maybe.

Unless there is a clever solution that I am missing, parsing information from replays that doesn't involve player inputs is very difficult because SC2 is a deterministic game. It takes a starting seed + the map file + the player inputs and then just recreates the game from those three things in the replay viewer. Meaning anything that isn't directly tied to player inputs (such as chat input or button presses), then in order to extract that information you'd have to emulate the entire Mafia map file ran using the starting seed (which is exactly what the SC2 client does when viewing a replay).

6. ISO #6

@Lag

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    I could big brain this one

I'd say the most likely roles to afk are likely doc, coroner, and sheriff (based off of my experience) no official statistics. Gov typically can't afk otherwise reports will flood in since they are really influential and same with jailor.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stealthbomber16
    I feel like I'm watching a horror movie and the protag. group is exploring an old house or something and everything is super quiet, but you know something bad is about to happen. Mafia man is about to come out from behind the basement furnace and gun down varcron right in front of me. And there will be nothing I can do.

7. ISO #7

Quote Originally Posted by Varcron View Post
    I could big brain this one

I'd say the most likely roles to afk are likely doc, coroner, and sheriff (based off of my experience) no official statistics. Gov typically can't afk otherwise reports will flood in since they are really influential and same with jailor.
    Damn. I remember the old me... where I would only like to play huge impact roles such as Jailors, Vig, SK, Govs...

But by looking at the game from a different kind of perspective, I enjoy the game regardless of role. Like a doctor, coroner, no action roles, etc.

Like, say... Hours ago played a game as an Amnesiac and pretended to be a lookout. I forged a lookout will that labels someone as the killer on day 2. He got trialled and lynched, flipped as a triad. Then I died and as I flipped Amnesiac, everyone is confused. Good stuff.

I highly thank 15 any random game mode on ToS. Thanks to this, I really enjoy the game and didn't stress about it regardless of the outcome.
    Last edited by NotPaopan; September 28th, 2021 at 11:12 PM.

8. ISO #8

Quote Originally Posted by NotPaopan View Post
    Damn. I remember the old me... where I would only like to play huge impact roles such as Jailors, Vig, SK, Govs...

But by looking at the game from a different kind of perspective, I enjoy the game regardless of role. Like a doctor, coroner, no action roles, etc.

Like, say... Hours ago played a game as an Amnesiac and pretended to be a lookout. I forged a lookout will that labels someone as the killer on day 2. He got trialled and lynched, flipped as a triad. Then I died and as I flipped Amnesiac, everyone is confused. Good stuff.

I highly thank 15 any random game mode on ToS. Thanks to this, I really enjoy the game and didn't stress about it regardless of the outcome.
    I agree

back once upon a time I only liked playing evil roles (sk, arso etc) but now I much rather playing BG, surv, exec, and coroner.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stealthbomber16
    I feel like I'm watching a horror movie and the protag. group is exploring an old house or something and everything is super quiet, but you know something bad is about to happen. Mafia man is about to come out from behind the basement furnace and gun down varcron right in front of me. And there will be nothing I can do.

9. ISO #9

10. ISO #10

Apo can suggest having like a...popup captcha like thing to warn them about staying inactive that in the next minute will result in death. and then allowing this invisible action to reset the countdown

Quote Originally Posted by SuperJack View Post
    Look what you have caused. Seems like everyone who posted is now confused about their own gender and are venting their frustration into opinions.

11. ISO #11

Quote Originally Posted by Apocist View Post
    Apo can suggest having like a...popup captcha like thing to warn them about staying inactive that in the next minute will result in death. and then allowing this invisible action to reset the countdown
    well there already is a big red warning that spams itself at you before you heart attack
    Have you ever heard the tragedy of Darth Jar Jar the wise?

12. ISO #12

13. ISO #13

Ikr

Apo forgot
    Apo refers to Apo with the third person
    Ozy refers to Apo with the third person
    Ergo, Ozy is Apo?!

ALT DETECTED
    it looks like many, e.g. MM and lag, suffered under the influence of paopan. However there is a victim: frinckles. He left the path of rationality and fully dived into the parallel reality of baby shark, king shark, and soviet union pizzas.

14. ISO #14

Quote Originally Posted by Marshmallow Marshall View Post
    Ergo, Ozy is Apo?!

ALT DETECTED
    No.

Apo doesn't use
    Nor does Apo use "ikr"
    Nor does Apo use "nor"

Apo and Cozy are very different!

15. ISO #15

16. ISO #16

17. ISO #17

No.

Apo doesn't use
    Nor does Apo use "ikr"
    Nor does Apo use "nor"

Apo and Cozy are very different!
    What would we ever do without you xD.

18. ISO #18

Quote Originally Posted by Marshmallow Marshall View Post
    Ergo, Ozy is Apo?!

ALT DETECTED
    Apo will accept being Cozy

Quote Originally Posted by SuperJack View Post
    Look what you have caused. Seems like everyone who posted is now confused about their own gender and are venting their frustration into opinions.