Australian submarines
Register

User Tag List

1. ISO #1

Australian submarines

It would seem France has been going crazy recalling its ambassadors because of the AUKUS alliance... I do not see France's interest in doing this, honestly. Like, yes, being salty is definetly justified when an ally breaks one of your deals with another ally, but is it really worth jeopardizing the American-European axis, which is literally the stronghold of liberal democracies against... others? Either there are things I do not understand or there are things we are not being made aware of.
    Or governments really are stupid lol.

Thoughts?
    Quote Originally Posted by The Lawyer View Post
    Besides your lamp and your refridgerators, do you find anyone else suspicious?
    Quote Originally Posted by oliverz144 View Post
    it looks like many, e.g. MM and lag, suffered under the influence of paopan. However there is a victim: frinckles. He left the path of rationality and fully dived into the parallel reality of baby shark, king shark, and soviet union pizzas.
    Spoiler : The meaning of life :

2. ISO #2

Re: Australian submarines

AUKUS (/ˈɔːkəs/, AW-kəs) is a trilateral security pact between Australia, the United Kingdom, and the United States, announced on 15 September 2021. Under the pact, the US and the UK agree to help Australia to develop and deploy nuclear-powered submarines, adding to the Western military presence in the Pacific region.
    Cool. Australia getting good submarines feels very fitting for them - them being an island and all that.
    AFAIK, the US military is more expensive than the next several ones combined, but It's mostly due to air force and I always felt like the UK had the best submarines. Them 2 together will surely get Australia the best submarines.

On 17 September 2021, France, which is an ally of the three countries, recalled its ambassadors from Australia and the US; French foreign minister Jean-Yves Le Drian called the deal a "stab in the back" because it disrupted France's strategic plans for the Asia-Pacific region and led to Australia's unilateral cancellation of a French–Australian submarine deal worth €56 billion (A$90 billion).
    That's a lot money tbh. But nevertheless, I don't see how France can blame Australia if Australia wants the best submarines.

What I found curious is "recalled its ambassadors from Australia and the US" - why not the UK also?

3. ISO #3

4. ISO #4

5. ISO #5

I spoke to my friend who is in the Navy and was going through the motions to get clearance to work on submarines about this the other day. He thinks it's retarded as fuck going for these nuclear subs because the only nuclear we work with is the uranium we dig up, which we then just export. We have zero nuclear functionality, knowledge or education streams.

Personally, I just hope this interest in nuclear tech is the start of ripping the coal titty out of our politicians mouths.

6. ISO #6

Yep, it certainly is a lot of money, and there are discussions to be had... but discussions, not "Fuck you, traitors!". That's a terrible idea...

Quote Originally Posted by OzyWho View Post
    Our side good, other sides bad.
    I'm aware it's somewhat simplifying, but it also happens to be pretty accurate. But if you find something better than liberal democracy, my DMs are always open :P
    (seriously, can any non-democratic regime be called good compared to democratic ones on the long term? I don't think so)
    it looks like many, e.g. MM and lag, suffered under the influence of paopan. However there is a victim: frinckles. He left the path of rationality and fully dived into the parallel reality of baby shark, king shark, and soviet union pizzas.

7. ISO #7

When I was in Iraq I got to know a few guys from the French foreign legion. They kinda looked at their countries politics like I looked at Americas but with much more of a good natured laugh than I could carry at the time.

To the question of if a non-democratic regime could be called good in the long term I would say yes. I would even say that public interest in the long term is against self moderation in multiple ways. Although I doubt those words matter.

8. ISO #8

9. ISO #9

- France got blindsided, most people will interpret France, no wait. that the EU that does not have a voice.
    - AU "needed" the sub cos they're scared that they are isolated enough. The US is too focused on the Persian Gulf and its nearby regions
    - AUKUS might be the key to establishing a federal EU. Their first show of power is to force Apple to switch to USB type C.
    - New Zealand didn't support the decision. Says it will ban the subs from entering its waters.
    - AUKUS deal might cause more internal conflict in the UK?? Breakup of the UK is a huge possibility (last time in 2014... 45% agreed). In the future, Braveheart Part 2?!
    - I suggest keeping tabs on the AU mining industry exports, particularly coal and iron ore
    - Nuclear Plants in France: 56 Australia: 0 don't blow yourselves up.
    - The Emu birds will revolt.

Oh, man. I just predicted the future.

RemindMe! 1000 days
    Last edited by NotPaopan; October 1st, 2021 at 02:52 AM.

10. ISO #10

Quote Originally Posted by rumox View Post
    Personally, I just hope this interest in nuclear tech is the start of ripping the coal titty out of our politicians mouths.
    Doubtful. Seems to me that it's just posturing against China. Like you mentioned, Australia alone doesn't produce much- if any enriched Uranium. Certainly far too little for a nuclear submarine fleet so they'd need to be refueling is going to suck. Maybe more money will get thrown at laser enrichment in the future if enough public support for nuclear power in Australia picks up. Not sure if that would de-escalate that region though.
    (๑˃̵ᴗ˂̵)ﻭ 레드벨벳 ! ! ٩(♡ε♡ )۶

11. ISO #11

Quote Originally Posted by Helz View Post
    When I was in Iraq I got to know a few guys from the French foreign legion. They kinda looked at their countries politics like I looked at Americas but with much more of a good natured laugh than I could carry at the time.

To the question of if a non-democratic regime could be called good in the long term I would say yes. I would even say that public interest in the long term is against self moderation in multiple ways. Although I doubt those words matter.

How so :P

12. ISO #12

13. ISO #13

What's funny about democracy that it's not as democratic as it could be with today's technology.
    Ohh, you think you can choose politicians to vote and that makes it so power and civic responsibility are exercised by all adult citizens?
    This is not 3000 years ago when the most "democratic power" you could give your citizen is give them vote on who will govern them, and those in turn had to gather in 1 room to debate while being rich enough to have no needs.

I do believe our ~3000 years old governing system could be improved. Idk how, but it just has to be possible.

14. ISO #14

What's funny about democracy that it's not as democratic as it could be with today's technology.
    Ohh, you think you can choose politicians to vote and that makes it so power and civic responsibility are exercised by all adult citizens?
    This is not 3000 years ago when the most "democratic power" you could give your citizen is give them vote on who will govern them, and those in turn had to gather in 1 room to debate while being rich enough to have no needs.

I do believe our ~3000 years old governing system could be improved. Idk how, but it just has to be possible.
    What the heck does that have to do with kangaroo-powered submarines Ozy?
    (๑˃̵ᴗ˂̵)ﻭ 레드벨벳 ! ! ٩(♡ε♡ )۶

15. ISO #15

BOO!! Sorry did I scare you?! WASSUP GURL😉😉😊 ITS COCKTOBER 😈🌚🍂🍃🍁 AND IF YOU👈🏽 ARE GETTING THIS👇🏽😘 IT MEANS UR A HALLOWEEN 👻🎃 HOE😏😩👅💦 every year in Cocktober the jack o slut🎃 comes to life🙀😻🙌🏽👏👏🙌🏽 coming to harvest 🍁🍂🍃 his hoes for THOT-O-WEEN😏😏💥💥🎈🎂🎉 send this to 10 other Halloween Hoes or else you a TRICK🎃👻👻 🎃 IF YOU GET 4 BACK UR A THOT-O-WEEN TREAT😋 IF YOU GET 6 BACK UR A SLUTTY WITCH BITCH👄😍✨🔮 BUT IF YOU GET 10 BACK UR THE SPOOKIEST SLUT ON THE BLOCK😜💦⚰🎉🎉💯🎃 If you don’t send this to 1️⃣0️⃣other thots💁😩👄 you will get NO DICK 👋 this COCKTOBER🎃😉😜

16. ISO #16

Quote Originally Posted by Plotato View Post
    BOO!! Sorry did I scare you?! WASSUP GURL😉😉😊 ITS COCKTOBER 😈🌚🍂🍃🍁 AND IF YOU👈🏽 ARE GETTING THIS👇🏽😘 IT MEANS UR A HALLOWEEN 👻🎃 HOE😏😩👅💦 every year in Cocktober the jack o slut🎃 comes to life🙀😻🙌🏽👏👏🙌🏽 coming to harvest 🍁🍂🍃 his hoes for THOT-O-WEEN😏😏💥💥🎈🎂🎉 send this to 10 other Halloween Hoes or else you a TRICK🎃👻👻 🎃 IF YOU GET 4 BACK UR A THOT-O-WEEN TREAT😋 IF YOU GET 6 BACK UR A SLUTTY WITCH BITCH👄😍✨🔮 BUT IF YOU GET 10 BACK UR THE SPOOKIEST SLUT ON THE BLOCK😜💦⚰🎉🎉💯🎃 If you don’t send this to 1️⃣0️⃣other thots💁😩👄 you will get NO DICK 👋 this COCKTOBER🎃😉😜
    When you get no response the first time so you need to repost it again.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mesk514 View Post
    1-I really and truly believe @Unknown1234 is town. He stuck by me when I needed him
    Quote Originally Posted by Gyrlander View Post
    Wow, this game was really easy. I just had to talk dumb shit to survive some days more. :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    If sheriff cleared you honestly I would take him out of my town core and put him as scum.

17. ISO #17

18. ISO #18

19. ISO #19

Quote Originally Posted by Marshmallow Marshall View Post

How so :P
    Asking a system of scale to act against the interests of its individuals in favor of what's best for the public is foolish in my opinion. On the micro good moral leaders can exist who will 'do the right thing' but on scale nature takes its course. I personally do not think its very reasonable to expect a system to act against its interests and limit its own power to ensure some moral standard that the system itself is incapable of recognizing. On scale and on a long timeline natural functions will have their effect.

20. ISO #20

Very valid point. A part of me wants to look back at the issues with establishing decision making groups through a lottery but the existing structures we use are ridiculously antiquated in many respects

21. ISO #21

Quote Originally Posted by NotPaopan View Post
    - France got blindsided, most people will interpret France, no wait. that the EU that does not have a voice.
    - AU "needed" the sub cos they're scared that they are isolated enough. The US is too focused on the Persian Gulf and its nearby regions
    - AUKUS might be the key to establishing a federal EU. Their first show of power is to force Apple to switch to USB type C.
    - New Zealand didn't support the decision. Says it will ban the subs from entering its waters.
    - AUKUS deal might cause more internal conflict in the UK?? Breakup of the UK is a huge possibility (last time in 2014... 45% agreed). In the future, Braveheart Part 2?!
    - I suggest keeping tabs on the AU mining industry exports, particularly coal and iron ore
    - Nuclear Plants in France: 56 Australia: 0 don't blow yourselves up.
    - The Emu birds will revolt.

Oh, man. I just predicted the future.

RemindMe! 1000 days
    As English, I really hope that Scotland becomes independent just so they don't have to be held back by the UK
    Cryptonic made this sig

Quote Originally Posted by HentaiManOfPeace View Post
    gotchu fam

Attachment 28016