Punishing Racism in Mafia - Page 2
Register

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
  1. ISO #51

Re: Punishing Racism in Mafia

Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    So the understanding you have of "nig*er" in the arcade is that its the same thing as being in the KKK, since that's the examples you're giving? Lmfao
    You may be part of an ethnic minority, but you are also part of the intellectual majority. That's an insult, I wonder if you can piece together what it's supposed to mean
    Wow, need some Neosporin for that burn.

2. ISO #52

3. ISO #53

Basically racism is wrong. Not totally illegal in some countries. America has free speech. Being racist and breaking rules deserves harsher slaps. Put all this through a Brock filter and this is the topic?
    Then comes everyone who needs to get involved because racism is a hot topic. Then those people that pick and twist at all the words and make everything seem worse.
    Then comes the repeated posts everyone always makes eventually and we start going into other hot topics that have been debated a billion times in these forums.

This accurate?

If so please go away.
    Cryptonic made this sig

Quote Originally Posted by HentaiManOfPeace View Post
    gotchu fam

Attachment 28016

4. ISO #54

Quote Originally Posted by HentaiManOfPeace View Post
    Whatever you say. I have a PhD in Computer Science. You're worthless to me.
    Big respect man, despite the anime profile picture you do seem to be rather intellectually competent! I only managed a masters degree in a quantitative engineering field before I ducked out.

Sure is a shame to see how many people can't seem to logically reason more than one or two steps. I don't think it's a cognitive fault or some sort of congenital thing, although there is a strong correlation between height and IQ, as well as physical ability and IQ. I think it more has to do with upbringing. You know, I had a friend from an eastern European nation who told me that critical thinking was not only not taught until university, it was actively discouraged. I wonder if there's a correlation between the opinions of people in this thread and the extent of their education, and what the intellectual and cultural values were of the places where their formative educational years were spent?

I imagine that doesn't apply to you, of course. I can't imagine you can complete a PhD without critical thinking skills, in any field. What field of CS was your PhD in?
    Last edited by oops_ur_dead; July 25th, 2021 at 06:41 AM.

5. ISO #55

Quote Originally Posted by SuperJack View Post
    Basically racism is wrong. Not totally illegal in some countries. America has free speech. Being racist and breaking rules deserves harsher slaps. Put all this through a Brock filter and this is the topic?
    Then comes everyone who needs to get involved because racism is a hot topic. Then those people that pick and twist at all the words and make everything seem worse.
    Then comes the repeated posts everyone always makes eventually and we start going into other hot topics that have been debated a billion times in these forums.

This accurate?

If so please go away.

6. ISO #56

The issue is that saying "nig**r" is not racist. Like I can't remember the last time I said that and meant a black person. I'll also be the first to come forward and say, I don't believe racism exists. Neither on the scale nor at the magnitude people think of it.
    God you're retarded.
    Quote Originally Posted by BananaCucho

7. ISO #57

Quote Originally Posted by BananaCucho View Post
    God you're retarded.
    Hey man, don't be so harsh on him. Just because you think differently than Oberon doesn't mean he's wrong. Everyone's opinion is equally valid and intellectual and sound, no matter how you arrived at said opinion or what the opinion is.

Which includes your opinion that Oberon is retarded, of course.

8. ISO #58

Quote Originally Posted by OzyWho View Post
    Posts 21 Drizzt
    Posts 16 HentaiManOfPeace
    Posts 7 Oberon
    Posts 3 Yuesford
    Posts 1 Light_Yagami
    Posts 1 Renegade
    Posts 1 theoneceko
    Posts 1 SevenForce

I see there's 2 people fallen behind, discussing old topic.

And then there's Oberon.
    @Oberon haven't you gotten enough of this topic yet?
    I'm not the one who keeps bringing it up

9. ISO #59

Quote Originally Posted by oops_ur_dead View Post
    Big respect man, despite the anime profile picture you do seem to be rather intellectually competent! I only managed a masters degree in a quantitative engineering field before I ducked out.

Sure is a shame to see how many people can't seem to logically reason more than one or two steps. I don't think it's a cognitive fault or some sort of congenital thing, although there is a strong correlation between height and IQ, as well as physical ability and IQ. I think it more has to do with upbringing. You know, I had a friend from an eastern European nation who told me that critical thinking was not only not taught until university, it was actively discouraged. I wonder if there's a correlation between the opinions of people in this thread and the extent of their education, and what the intellectual and cultural values were of the places where their formative educational years were spent?

I imagine that doesn't apply to you, of course. I can't imagine you can complete a PhD without critical thinking skills, in any field. What field of CS was your PhD in?
    Critical thinking is not discouraged, but nobody is capable of it, who told you its discouraged lol
    Where do you come up with this stuff? Is the entire world legit just people having "agendas" to you?

10. ISO #60

11. ISO #61

Critical thinking is not discouraged, but nobody is capable of it, who told you its discouraged lol
    Where do you come up with this stuff? Is the entire world legit just people having "agendas" to you?
    Idk what's his source but I can verify it lol.
    I'm east EU and I can promise you that ain't nobody gets taught critical thinking! At least not when I grew up.
    Idk about college though since I never went to one. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Though I heard times are changing and there's put emphasis on stuff like critical thinking and becoming more independent in terms of learning new stuff. Don't quote me on that though, it's just 1 random person making that claim.

12. ISO #62

Your friend is wrong... nobody "discourages" critical thinking. They simply don't engage in it because all the good people who are actually even vaguely capable of it leave Eastern Europe as soon as they are able, and the retards that are left in country don't even know what it is.

13. ISO #63

Quote Originally Posted by OzyWho View Post
    Idk what's his source but I can verify it lol.
    I'm east EU and I can promise you that ain't nobody gets taught critical thinking! At least not when I grew up.
    Idk about college though since I never went to one. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Though I heard times are changing and there's put emphasis on stuff like critical thinking and becoming more independent in terms of learning new stuff. Don't quote me on that though, it's just 1 random person making that claim.
    I'm also Eastern European, and I agree critical thinking is not taught anywhere, but that doesn't mean it's actively "discouraged".

14. ISO #64

I'm impressed that you're so knowledgeable in the details of literally every educational system in all of Eastern Europe that you know, without me even telling you where my friend is from, that she is wrong about her personal experience! That is a very impressive amount of knowledge, are you doing a study into Eastern European educational techniques?

15. ISO #65

I'm impressed that you're so knowledgeable in the details of literally every educational system in all of Eastern Europe that you know, without me even telling you where my friend is from, that she is wrong about her personal experience! That is a very impressive amount of knowledge, are you doing a study into Eastern European educational techniques?
    I mean you're just gonna stick your fingers in your ears to avoid admitting you're wrong.:shrug:
    That's your issue lol

I of course only have experience with Romania since that's where I grew up, but I highly, highly doubt there's any place on this planet, save perhaps dictatorships, that actively actually discourage critical thinking. Seeing as Eastern Europe isn't exactly bristling with those kinds of dictatorships... yeah, I don't believe your friend.
    Last edited by Oberon; July 25th, 2021 at 10:42 AM.

16. ISO #66

I'm not sticking my fingers in my ears, I'm conceding. I am genuinely impressed that you are so smart that you know the exact circumstances of my friend's education (knowing nothing else about her) that you can very confidently say that she is wrong about her experience that she relayed to me. I clearly underestimated your intellect if you claim to know such things.

17. ISO #67

I'm not sticking my fingers in my ears, I'm conceding. I am genuinely impressed that you are so smart that you know the exact circumstances of my friend's education (knowing nothing else about her) that you can very confidently say that she is wrong about her experience that she relayed to me. I clearly underestimated your intellect if you claim to know such things.
    Clearly more intelligent than your friend, I agree

18. ISO #68

Lastly, I leave you on a beautiful quote:

The cheapest sort of pride is national pride; for if a man is proud of his own nation, it argues that he has no qualities of his own of which he can be proud; otherwise he would not have recourse to those which he shares with so many millions of his fellow men. The man who is endowed with important personal qualities will be only too ready to see clearly in what respects his own nation falls short since their failings will be constantly before his eyes. But every miserable fool who has nothing at all of which he can be proud adopts, as a last resource, pride in the nation to which he belongs; he is ready and glad to defend all its faults and follies tooth and nail, thus reimbursing himself for his own inferiority.

-Arthur Schopenhauer

Best quote I've ever seen on nationalism

19. ISO #69

20. ISO #70

21. ISO #71

22. ISO #72

23. ISO #73

24. ISO #74

25. ISO #75

26. ISO #76

27. ISO #77

I think the forums need a discussion mod again. So this repeated garbage arguments that yield nothing but butt hurts can just get locked and thrown away.
    Who are you to say that they yield butthurts and thus should be thrown away? That should be left to the people in the conversation to decide, not you. Only then can you act. That's how Distorted does it, by the way.
    Last edited by Oberon; July 25th, 2021 at 11:24 AM.

28. ISO #78

I think the forums need a discussion mod again. So this repeated garbage arguments that yield nothing but butt hurts can just get locked and thrown away.
    Now now, there is free speech Jack, and it shouldn't be infringed upon you know. 1st amendment says so, and you don't hate freedom do you? Anything should go and be allowed here and only freedom haters lock threads

29. ISO #79

Now now, there is free speech Jack, and it shouldn't be infringed upon you know. 1st amendment says so, and you don't hate freedom do you? Anything should go and be allowed here and only freedom haters lock threads
    What are you even on about it's not free speech that is at stake here lmfao... when you have people fighting, you let it sort it out for themselves unless they ask for help. If you act when they didn't even ask for help, they may feel as though they were sidestepped. Especially seeing as it was coming from "multiple people" and the shitfest was bidirectional

30. ISO #80

What are you even on about it's not free speech that is at stake here lmfao... when you have people fighting, you let it sort it out for themselves unless they ask for help. If you act when they didn't even ask for help, they may feel as though they were sidestepped. Especially seeing as it was coming from "multiple people" and the shitfest was bidirectional
    Quiet, the adults are talking

31. ISO #81

32. ISO #82

I love it when you counter arguments with irrelevant memes lol
    I love it when you continue to spout your childish arguments over and over. It eventually leads to you getting extremely butthurt, quitting the site for two minutes and returning just as retarded as before. So please continue

33. ISO #83

Situational imho

34. ISO #84

I love it when you continue to spout your childish arguments over and over. It eventually leads to you getting extremely butthurt, quitting the site for two minutes and returning just as retarded as before. So please continue
    Are you... projecting? Rofl

35. ISO #85

Are you... projecting? Rofl
    Naw I won't go crying when people point out my blatant racism like you do. Boo hoo I'm not allowed to be a racist fuck on my favorite site mummy, they're not letting me argue racist shit mummy. I have a black friend so I should be allowed to do this mummy. Etc etc

36. ISO #86

The issue is that saying "nig**r" is not racist. Like I can't remember the last time I said that and meant a black person. I'll also be the first to come forward and say, I don't believe racism exists. Neither on the scale nor at the magnitude people think of it.
    So because you have never said it or meant it means it isn't a racist term?

I presume your unique perspective is also how you arrive at the broad conclusion that racism doesn't exist, right? Forget the perspectives of people who actually are subjected to it, you know, racism, my perspective trumps all!

This is a fiver

yikes (!!!!!)

37. ISO #87

Quote Originally Posted by Renegade View Post

I presume your unique perspective is also how you arrive at the broad conclusion that racism doesn't exist, right? Forget the perspectives of people who actually are subjected to it, you know, racism, my perspective trumps all!

This is a fiver

yikes (!!!!!)
    At present, I do not believe it is one no. The vast majority of people who say it do not mean a black person when they say it but rather some variation on "stupid/dumb/foolish" etc. Or possibly they're doing it to trigger people who think it is racist. Neither of the two are racist in and of themselves.

38. ISO #88

Quote Originally Posted by Renegade View Post

This is a fiver

yikes (!!!!!)
    Yeah he did argue that racism doesn't exist in this very thread. You know, you should stop being toxic Rene. He should be allowed to spout off his nonsense without getting a !!!!! (Yikes) from you

39. ISO #89

40. ISO #90

41. ISO #91

42. ISO #92

43. ISO #93

It is very similar to the word "faggot". Originally faggot was a derogatory term for a gay person (and before that it meant bundle of sticks), but now it's seldom, if ever, used for an actual gay person.
    You're retarded or you're willfully ignorant. So what'll it be? What me to keep referring to you as a retard, or as ignorant? I'll give you the choice and honor it

44. ISO #94

45. ISO #95

Thread closed. As for your original post brock, I’m not entirely sure how it differs from the actual enforcement right now

edit: closed for the arguing and name-calling. Brock is free to post again about the subject but it might be helpful to link some bans you think were unjustified
    Last edited by DJarJar; July 25th, 2021 at 03:28 PM.
    Have you ever heard the tragedy of Darth Jar Jar the wise?