The Babbling Intro
My ventures to other FM communities have left me with an impression of the whole FM inter-community network as being something unique in ways that I can't explain. For example, in a random discussion - this statement had a lot of agreement: "I have met more trans and nonbinary folk playing mafia than I have in any other facet of my life."
Also, a very common attitude is having a value that is to not let the feelings of others' be invalidated.
But this thread was prompted by something else.

Main Body
Someone, who has had over the course of time 5 or 6 people close to them die from suicide, has stated that each time they get more sensitive to it. Some others agreed, one of which even stated: "Yeah I'm totally with you here, feels like this have been a thing in my life for way too long, and it definitely makes me more sensitive to it, and I have started to distance myself from my close friends who are suicidal and have a much harder time getting close to people with mental health issues. IRL at least, doesn't seem to affect me as much digitally."

Topic of the Thread
So, people who experience those close to them suiciding - they don't get desensitized to it but rather the exact opposite. It's the opposite of what I'd have expected.
So this brings forth the question: what kind of things do people get sensitized to and kind of things do they get desensitized to?
No example is beneath my interest; feel free to mention and point out anything that comes to mind.

Ring-ring-ring
@Helz
I just want to mention you, so you find your way here, because I feel like you have a higher probability to have experience to share than most. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯