Didn't think I was ever gonna post something like this, but AAmirus said to so here we are.
Register

User Tag List

Hybrid View

1. ISO #1

weed Didn't think I was ever gonna post something like this, but AAmirus said to so here we are.

As of today I am 6 weeks sober. Most of the regulars I played with already know this, but most of the time I was playing Mafia, I was at least 4 beers deep. It's something you don't even really consider a problem, just part of daily routine until something happens. Getting banned from the game I love was a real wake up call and I realized the sauce unleashed a bunch of hate towards a bunch of innocent mafia players, so even though I'm here sober and I still hate Altech, I never really considered the impact on the good mafia playing people, and I think that's what AA was trying to make me realize all this time. After being able to look back and reflect on everything since I can't play the game, I've really been able to see the game from the eyes of the other 50% of the playerbase that aren't regulars and just regular people playing the game.

And to all those people lynched randomly, or insulted for being dense by me I apologize to you guys. To me I was just having fun, but to you, you guys weren't having fun and in a game it's important for everyone to be having fun, not just some at others expense.

The fact that random people I've never interacted with or though I had interacted with have a problem with me is evidence enough of the problem.

I'm not expecting anything out of this, I just needed to apologize to all the people hurt by my alcoholism, so that I can carry on and continue with my life in a healthier manner.

Thanks Aa for helping me realize that I needed to do this, sorry for all the trouble I caused you guys too.

Sober Man, out.
    The only townie good enough to get banned for game-throwing in games that he wins.

2. ISO #2

Re: Didn't think I was ever gonna post something like this, but AAmirus said to so here we are.

Quote Originally Posted by ZZorange View Post
    As of today I am 6 weeks sober. Most of the regulars I played with already know this, but most of the time I was playing Mafia, I was at least 4 beers deep. It's something you don't even really consider a problem, just part of daily routine until something happens. Getting banned from the game I love was a real wake up call and I realized the sauce unleashed a bunch of hate towards a bunch of innocent mafia players, so even though I'm here sober and I still hate Altech, I never really considered the impact on the good mafia playing people, and I think that's what AA was trying to make me realize all this time. After being able to look back and reflect on everything since I can't play the game, I've really been able to see the game from the eyes of the other 50% of the playerbase that aren't regulars and just regular people playing the game.

And to all those people lynched randomly, or insulted for being dense by me I apologize to you guys. To me I was just having fun, but to you, you guys weren't having fun and in a game it's important for everyone to be having fun, not just some at others expense.

The fact that random people I've never interacted with or though I had interacted with have a problem with me is evidence enough of the problem.

I'm not expecting anything out of this, I just needed to apologize to all the people hurt by my alcoholism, so that I can carry on and continue with my life in a healthier manner.

Thanks Aa for helping me realize that I needed to do this, sorry for all the trouble I caused you guys too.

Sober Man, out.
    That's cool man. I'm also never in a good spot when playing games.

3. ISO #3

4. ISO #4

Re: Didn't think I was ever gonna post something like this, but AAmirus said to so here we are.

Quote Originally Posted by OzyWho View Post
    Sober Man

Is alcohol a problem?
    I didn't think it was until AAmirus talked me through it and helped me out.
    The only townie good enough to get banned for game-throwing in games that he wins.

5. ISO #5

6. ISO #6

Quote Originally Posted by OzyWho View Post
    @theoneceko feels like it's been a while since I last saw. Are you feeling better than before?
    My mental health has gradually been getting better for a few years. I’ve also been seeing a therapist. Recovery is a slow road that’s full of highs and lows, but I’m slowly getting there.
    Last edited by theoneceko; July 24th, 2021 at 12:51 AM.

7. ISO #7

Quote Originally Posted by theoneceko View Post
    My mental health has gradually been getting better for a few years. I’ve also been seeing a therapist. Recovery is a slow road that’s full of highs and lows, but I’m slowly getting there.
    I also want to see a therapist
    I have insane mood swings that literally make no sense. And I get bothered by trivial stuff. And I get stressed and obsess over the shit I do and the way its interpreted by other people

8. ISO #8

Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    I also want to see a therapist
    I have insane mood swings that literally make no sense. And I get bothered by trivial stuff. And I get stressed and obsess over the shit I do and the way its interpreted by other people
    Before you do go one though, I feel like you should temper your expectations: https://youtu.be/1xrKMSySQOQ
    @theoneceko
    Just curious if your personal experience can attest to the validity of that video? It's 17min long, I understand if you don't want to be bothered watching it.

Otherwise though, I imagine a therapist would be quiet enjoyable for Oberon specifically. Because the endlessly repeated questions of "what do YOU think?" would be like candy to him.
    Last edited by OzyWho; July 25th, 2021 at 11:33 AM.

9. ISO #9

Only a true honest man could be so honest with himself.
    Quote Originally Posted by S-FM Unfunny View Post
    How dare you send me another box of cereal
    Quote Originally Posted by ChannelMiner View Post
    Anyways I shot Brad due to my morbid fear of zombies.

10. ISO #10

11. ISO #11

12. ISO #12

Again, this two-faced liar proves time and time again that he's not worth trusting. Look, I'm glad you're getting help and treatment in your personal life. However, when you sign off with

Sober Man, out.
    but then later reply as post #5, you didn't really "out". It's very disingenuous and incredibly misleading.

13. ISO #13

You are right HentaiMan I have been a liar and I'm sorry for the way it has impacted you, you deserve far better. I'm going to continue to try to do better for people like you. God bless.
    Last edited by ZZorange; July 21st, 2021 at 08:15 PM.

14. ISO #14

You are right HentaiMan I have been a liar and I'm sorry for the way it has impacted you, you deserve far better. I'm going to continue to try to do better for people like you. God bless.
    I strongly recommend going forward you sign off with "God bless" or something of that nature. That way, you don't confuse others as autistic as I am. Thank you.

15. ISO #15

I liked you better when you were alcoholic
    Not sure what impact it had on your real life - but online, it wasn't that bad.

16. ISO #16

Quote Originally Posted by HentaiManOfPeace View Post
    Again, this two-faced liar proves time and time again that he's not worth trusting. Look, I'm glad you're getting help and treatment in your personal life. However, when you sign off with

but then later reply as post #5, you didn't really "out". It's very disingenuous and incredibly misleading.
    His reality in sobriety is probably narrow and functions on a day-to-day basis. Saying stuff life "sober man out" is probably closer to self-encouraging than the way you took it.

17. ISO #17

Don't worry bud. A lot of people are having fun playing with you, including me. Things are bland rn. I asked people around in PM and from another mod (keystone, dm 2.0, ks2, etc.) what they'd think about the system. I don't want to talk about it here. But you, getting permabanned also sealed the deal. No one makes a 72222 save and other fun saves are always initiated a leave train by some people cos it wasn't 933/8331. So yeah, don't worry about it. We had 6 months of fun. Also, Taeja and Innovation are also retiring from the pro scenes, funny coincidence. LOLOL. Only returned in sc2 cos of fuckin Avilo being creepy again.
    Last edited by Yuesford; July 22nd, 2021 at 02:12 AM.
    What I got for my 18th Birthday

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQw4w9WgXcQ

18. ISO #18

19. ISO #19

most of the time I was playing Mafia, I was at least 4 beers deep. It's something you don't even really consider a problem, just part of daily routine
    This is why I had to scale back: Gaming and drinking always had a "co-morbidity" kind of effect. It was enjoyable doing one when I was also doing the other.

Breaking a gaming routine is easy. Breaking a drinking routine - with a literally physically and psychologically addictive substance - was hard.

I was never a heavy drinker, but not being able to stop day-to-day, even when I wanted to... was terrifying.

I still drink, but make an occasion of going out to buy it from the grocery store. And I never stock up. If it's in the house, it gets consumed just to get my money's worth. And if it's getting consumed, you can bet I won't be doing anything productive during.

20. ISO #20

Thank you for sharing. The first big step you just took. Keep putting one foot in front of the other. Focus on doing one right thing in the here and now. Message me if you want to talk.
    Last edited by Drizzt; July 25th, 2021 at 03:50 AM.

21. ISO #21

Only watched the first few seconds so I don't know if I got it right, but if it says that therapy doesn't have much of an effect... I would not be entirely surprised. I suspect a therapist would only sort of help you figure out what problem it is you have, but then again you can do that on your own if you put enough effort into it.

22. ISO #22

Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    Only watched the first few seconds so I don't know if I got it right, but if it says that therapy doesn't have much of an effect... I would not be entirely surprised. I suspect a therapist would only sort of help you figure out what problem it is you have, but then again you can do that on your own if you put enough effort into it.
    For some people it's world changingly beneficial, while for others it's benefits are non-existent.
    I honestly think for your personality specifically it'd be very good.
    It's just that I think expectations should be tempered to the more realistic before going to a therapist because they're trained to avoid responsibility/accountability and would never tell you stuff like "do this and that and you'll be happier".

There's those like the guy in that vid - who DO take responsibility and DO work with their patients TOGETHER. But that's not technically therapy anymore.

23. ISO #23

Hey guys if at any point you thought this thread made a mockery out of the very real disease of Alcoholism I apologize. I tried not to make it seem like a joke and portray it seriously as it demands, but apparently I was being offensive so to anyone I offended with this post and AAmirus I am sorry. Thanks for all the supporting words too you guys are great.

24. ISO #24

25. ISO #25

Nah, that part is actually true. I just fed you a lie to see whether you would believe the word that I typed here that was true or your own inherent bias against me and not believe me given the opportunity. I can show you my stein if you want. Not an innuendo, a real 1L stein that I used for beer, i now use 4 water.

It's one of these puppies https://shop.oktoberfest.de/media/im...01_400x400.jpg
    Last edited by ZZorange; July 26th, 2021 at 09:59 PM.

26. ISO #26

Nah, that part is actually true. I just fed you a lie to see whether you would believe the word that I typed here that was true or your own inherent bias against me and not believe me given the opportunity. I can show you my stein if you want. Not an innuendo, a real 1L stein that I used for beer, i now use 4 water.
    Okay then as I said before, if getting banned allowed you to get sober then it’s a good thing right?
    Have you ever heard the tragedy of Darth Jar Jar the wise?

27. ISO #27

Quote Originally Posted by aamirus View Post
    Okay then as I said before, if getting banned allowed you to get sober then it’s a good thing right?
    You think people can just break an addiction that quickly just because they get banned from a game? That's dismissive as fuck AAmirus. I got myself off the sauce, now you try to take credit for it by banning me? That's sickening AA, seriously disgusting stuff diminishing any other people with a real problem saying it's super easy you just gotta get yourself banned from sc2mafia.
    Last edited by ZZorange; July 26th, 2021 at 10:02 PM.

28. ISO #28

29. ISO #29

Ah yes the same addiction you’d completely forgotten about and had no idea what i was referring to until I linked you to the thread. Whatever man. You’re acting like I can’t just copy paste ur messages
    Have you ever heard the tragedy of Darth Jar Jar the wise?

30. ISO #30

31. ISO #31

Well, if you're telling the truth (which I believe is very possible and thus should be considered as potentially true, guys...): full support to you.

And if you're just a lying asshole, well I cast thou into the deepest part of Hades! You know what you are anyway :P

Good luck anyway!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Lawyer View Post
    Besides your lamp and your refridgerators, do you find anyone else suspicious?
    Quote Originally Posted by oliverz144 View Post
    it looks like many, e.g. MM and lag, suffered under the influence of paopan. However there is a victim: frinckles. He left the path of rationality and fully dived into the parallel reality of baby shark, king shark, and soviet union pizzas.
    Spoiler : The meaning of life :

32. ISO #32

Quote Originally Posted by Marshmallow Marshall View Post
    Well, if you're telling the truth (which I believe is very possible and thus should be considered as potentially true, guys...): full support to you.

And if you're just a lying asshole, well I cast thou into the deepest part of Hades! You know what you are anyway :P

Good luck anyway!
    Appreciate the positive vibes Marshmellow. I will admit I was gaslighting AAmirus but that's only because I wanted to know what they truly thought instead of what they say. Show their true colours as it were, they were as I expected unfortunately.

33. ISO #33

Quote Originally Posted by Marshmallow Marshall View Post

Good luck anyway!
    Thee*

34. ISO #34

35. ISO #35

Alright, if someone is repeatedly gonna claim I’m lying what is the ethicality in just posting the screenshots?
    You're gonna post stuff someone sent you in confidence? That's pretty shady not gonna lie.

36. ISO #36

37. ISO #37

Alright, if someone is repeatedly gonna claim I’m lying what is the ethicality in just posting the screenshots?
    Tbf, for ZZ it's a full time job to twist the narratives how he sees fit.

Please don't waste your time. It's not there's anyone who would trust his word at this point, especially over yours. :/

38. ISO #38

39. ISO #39

40. ISO #40

41. ISO #41

42. ISO #42

43. ISO #43

44. ISO #44

alcoholicsanonymousmirus
    I love oops

Spoiler : :

▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▒▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▒░▒▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▒░░▒▒▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▒░░░▒▒▒▒▒▄
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▒░░░░▒░▒▒▒▒▌
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▒░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▌░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▄
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▓▒░░░░░░▒▒░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▌▒░░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓
    ▁▁▒▁▁▁▁▁▒▒░░░▒░░░░░░▒░░░░░▒░░░▒
    ▁▁▁▐▒▒▒▒░░░░░░░░░▁▐█▁▐░▒▒▁▐█▁░░░
    ▁▁▁▁▁▒▒▒▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▒▌░░░░░░▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▒▒▒▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░▒▀▀░░░░▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▒▒▒▒░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄██▓▓▌▀░▒▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▒▒▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▒▒▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▀▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▐▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▄▒░░░░░░░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▓▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▌
    ▁▁▁▁▁▄▒▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▄

45. ISO #45

46. ISO #46

zzorange should be allowed to come back. I am sickened by the behavior of some of the people in here, who I won't mention by name, but you know who you are. Completely trashing zz for coming clean about his addiction. Its clear to me now that zz is being kept out based on the personal feelings of one or more people, and its wrong.
    The Khaleesi did nothing wrong.