A message to sc2mafia and staff from anti-hero ZZOrange - Page 2
Register

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
  1. ISO #51

Re: A message to sc2mafia and staff from anti-hero ZZOrange

Quote Originally Posted by ZZorange View Post
    I think the one thing that'll stick with me is the irony of the Invictus report. The old Honest Man in that game would have lynched the 3 defaults I had planned to lynch without a second thought and resulted in a 2/3 mass lynch. The irony being that the only reason I got reported in the end is that I got triggered by Invictus for saying I was just lynching defaults again, when I was making a conscious effort to follow the appeal rules and not persecute them for their names and got annoyed he was suggesting that and lynched him out of anger. Had I been that not give a fuck real Honest Man the report would never have happened. The truth that I should have realized earlier was that the reports wouldn't stop because as long as one side of the report equation feels robbed the reports won't end and eventually one report will be taken seriously especially with mods biased against the defender, and I don't blame you for being biased. It's hard to be objective when dealing with people you hate. Like I call you bad people because it's cathartic when in reality you could very well be good people, maybe you're using the good feelings you get when banning people to cope with stresses of the real world, maybe when you're not banning people you're working as a nurse helping to save lives, there's no way for me to know why people are badminning I can only assume.

I could be right I could be wrong, I only assume I'm right because I've been no indicators that what I believe is wrong. The only person who knows the truth of why you enjoy banning people is you I guess. I'm just going to give you the benefit of the doubt and assume the powertripping has a purpose and that you aren't just an objectively bad person.
    I like how the fault in you lynching a confirmed bus driver out of anger somehow belongs to me personally
    Have you ever heard the tragedy of Darth Jar Jar the wise?

2. ISO #52

Quote Originally Posted by aamirus View Post
    I like how the fault in you lynching a confirmed bus driver out of anger somehow belongs to me personally
    To be 100% fair it was less lynching a confirmed bus driver, more lynching a whining Invictus who i forgot was bus driver because he was being an annoying Invictus. And it was Marshall so its not like I had a trial period to remember he was, it was this guy is being an annoying cunt I'm gonna lynch him. "oh heck that was the bus driver roight oh well." Honestly though lynching Invictus is usually a decent play, like Altech he's not a very competent player. This isn't from an Invictus/Altech hate standpoint even if I didn't dislike them I'd say they were poor sc2mafia players because they objectively are.
    Last edited by ZZorange; June 27th, 2021 at 12:28 PM.
    The only townie good enough to get banned for game-throwing in games that he wins.

3. ISO #53

Quote Originally Posted by OzyWho View Post
    I am nobodies fanboy.
    Is the thought of someone sometimes agreeing with Oberon so unfathomable for you that you need to rationalize as them being fanboys or other sorts of biased? Like you can't imagine a someone rationally not being always on your side? Dude.. like this presumption is so weird..
    As someone who actually talks to Mag peacefully more than most people do, you can relax a tiny bit. It’s actually not an insult to Mag, just more of an observation of seeing you always defending his point. .

I’m not really sure why I made that post though, I probably would have deleted it if I thought people hadn’t read it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mesk514 View Post
    1-I really and truly believe @Unknown1234 is town. He stuck by me when I needed him
    Quote Originally Posted by Gyrlander View Post
    Wow, this game was really easy. I just had to talk dumb shit to survive some days more. :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    If sheriff cleared you honestly I would take him out of my town core and put him as scum.

4. ISO #54

5. ISO #55

6. ISO #56

7. ISO #57

8. ISO #58

9. ISO #59

When it gets to 60-100th top posters of the year so far, looking at 30 at most and 4 at the min. If you don't think the tail end of top 100 are worth counting can also look at people that have at least 75 posts this year so far.

6 of 49 people who had over 75 posts were staff. I included myself even though I quit a few months ago. I didn't include oops because he isn't staff, his usergroup just makes him look like he is.

The forum being populated mostly by staff simply isn't true.

10. ISO #60

11. ISO #61

12. ISO #62

Damn I really got under this guys skin I guess.

I don't really know why, my beliefs aren't that out there.

The objective fact is that yes the mods here are biased, that cannot really be disproven and the reasons why are as simple as people's motivations.

There isn't actually anything holding sc2mafia moderators to doing their job well, if they make a bad call they're not going to be reprimanded the only thing potentially keeping them honest is other moderators who also do not having anything preventing them from fucking up.

Then you simply have to think about the mentality of people who choose to sc2mafia moderate.

Nearly all people who volunteer their time to "do something good" to put it vaguely, expect the actions of that time spent to directly benefit someone or some thing.

If you had someone for example giving their time to say volunteer to help vaacinate people, but then you told that person that all of their efforts weren't actually helping anyone and the rest of the team was filling those syringes with just water. The only reason you'd stay there after being told that your actions were essentially worthless, would be if you really enjoyed jabbing people with needles.

This same situation applies to all the moderators of sc2mafia. In truth they know that 100% of the bans doled out can be circumvented easily and any bans they make to most "problem players" can effectively be ignored. Now this isn't really up for debate that's just a fact of how sc2 currently is.

So knowing the fact that any bans handed out can effectively just be ignored, why would anyone who came to sc2mafia to moderate for the good of the people stick around.

Think about it logically, if you knew for a fact anything you did wouldn't have any lasting consequences and you wouldn't be helping anyone, the only reason you would stick around is if there was something else involved in it that you enjoyed doing. IE the rush one gets from flexing their power and getting their rocks off banning someone.

Most things that sane people do can be explained by the things that motivate them, so if I take out the motivation people get from actually doing something that helps people, there has to be something else that motivates them or why would they continue to do it.

Like for instance I enjoy sc2mafia so I continue to play it for example, if I no longer enjoyed it I wouldn't play it.

This isn't anything personnel against the mods but the objective truth is, that they only remain mods to powertrip there's no other realistic motivation they could have when their actual actions are meaningless from a "making the community better" standpoint.

If you want to remain in denial you can try but like it or not you will eventually arrive at the this fundamental truth, because well the truth is the truth because its true. One can't deny reality forever.

Honest Man Out.
    Just a few thoughts:

I don’t believe anyone can buy the domain. I won’t explain why but it’s just not a thing because this site is not hosted like a site would be if you wanted to make your own site.

I also never understood the position of people destroying players experiences to ‘force staff to stop hurting players experiences’ I face palm every time I see some idiot pretending to have moral grounds for being an asshole.

I have honestly never herd of a punishment system with anywhere near the checks and balances that this site has. Someone pushes a report- that person can’t be involved in the report after that. Then someone else processes the report and yet another person reviews and implements the punishment. Then it can be appealed and yet another person uninvolved up to that point handles a review of the report and punishment. That’s a crazy amount of checks to ensure no unilateral action is taken and eliminate bias.

As for power tripping staff, I did see that at some points but I don’t think it’s been an issue for a very long time. After a while those who craved power were weeded out and those who reluctantly accepted it to preform the function of protecting the community moved up.

At the end of the day moderation is a thankless job. When done right nobody cares and when done wrong you get crucified in a court of public opinion. There is no pay and it takes a lot of work and the ‘power’ you get does not give you much fun in the end. The ‘rules’ were created by the community and you have to accept that when players report you it’s because your behavior is hurting their experience. You also can not blame staff when it’s the community itself that’s taking issue with your behavior.

If you would like to have a conversation on the ethics of moderation I’m game but you really should accept that when you have issues with many people you are the common factor in the situation. It’s my personal belief that game moderation should focus on ensuring an enjoyable experience for the community.

13. ISO #63

14. ISO #64

Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    4/9 people who posted here are staff. Nuff said
    The thread title is "A message to sc2mafia and staff".

There's actually only one current staff member who responded to this thread. Blue names are retired staff. I'm not staff, unknown is not staff, SJ is not staff.

FAKE NEWS!
    Quote Originally Posted by S-FM Unfunny View Post
    How dare you send me another box of cereal
    Quote Originally Posted by ChannelMiner View Post
    Anyways I shot Brad due to my morbid fear of zombies.

15. ISO #65

Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    4/9 people who posted here are staff. Nuff said
    I think it’s funny how nobody will ever be able to tell if you’re being serious or trolling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mesk514 View Post
    1-I really and truly believe @Unknown1234 is town. He stuck by me when I needed him
    Quote Originally Posted by Gyrlander View Post
    Wow, this game was really easy. I just had to talk dumb shit to survive some days more. :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    If sheriff cleared you honestly I would take him out of my town core and put him as scum.

16. ISO #66

Quote Originally Posted by Unknown1234 View Post
    I think it’s funny how nobody will ever be able to tell if you’re being serious or trolling.
    He might be, unbeknownst to himself, a masochist and needs people to berate or belittle him.

When the day comes when Oberon will make a full week without searching for conflict by baiting or triggering people - I'll report his account hacked.

It could also be the Te's tendency to play the devil's advocate even when they don't believe in it themselves.

Whichever is the case, likely a combination of both, there's only one thing that is almost certain in my mind - the depth of his emotional intelligence makes him a slave to his subconscious mind plenty more than the rest of us.

17. ISO #67

18. ISO #68

Quote Originally Posted by SuperJack View Post
    Uh did helz thing the domain buying was real.? XD
    Lol. I really don’t think it’s possible. You would have to talk to Mike about it but we don’t do the typical ‘go daddy’ domain hosting stuff that allows people to buy the domain when the contract lapses.

Funny story though, someone got the NFL like that a few years back and made them buy it back at a big cost

19. ISO #69

Quote Originally Posted by Helz View Post
    Just a few thoughts:

I don’t believe anyone can buy the domain. I won’t explain why but it’s just not a thing because this site is not hosted like a site would be if you wanted to make your own site.

I also never understood the position of people destroying players experiences to ‘force staff to stop hurting players experiences’ I face palm every time I see some idiot pretending to have moral grounds for being an asshole.

I have honestly never herd of a punishment system with anywhere near the checks and balances that this site has. Someone pushes a report- that person can’t be involved in the report after that. Then someone else processes the report and yet another person reviews and implements the punishment. Then it can be appealed and yet another person uninvolved up to that point handles a review of the report and punishment. That’s a crazy amount of checks to ensure no unilateral action is taken and eliminate bias.

As for power tripping staff, I did see that at some points but I don’t think it’s been an issue for a very long time. After a while those who craved power were weeded out and those who reluctantly accepted it to preform the function of protecting the community moved up.

At the end of the day moderation is a thankless job. When done right nobody cares and when done wrong you get crucified in a court of public opinion. There is no pay and it takes a lot of work and the ‘power’ you get does not give you much fun in the end. The ‘rules’ were created by the community and you have to accept that when players report you it’s because your behavior is hurting their experience. You also can not blame staff when it’s the community itself that’s taking issue with your behavior.

If you would like to have a conversation on the ethics of moderation I’m game but you really should accept that when you have issues with many people you are the common factor in the situation. It’s my personal belief that game moderation should focus on ensuring an enjoyable experience for the community.
    If your definition of "the community" is Altech, Invictus and players like Ozywho who report people when they are the ones who made the mistake, then I deeply fear for your soul. Most of the common reporters here aren't the mafia community, they are players who can't win in the game so they come here to report people they hate to settle the score. That's why I'm able to refute most of the replays that come up here, because in most of them they claim I intentionally gamethrew when it's easy to see I didn't. Of course at a certain point the mods go "Well this guy got reported a bunch so the reports must be valid" Even if one of the "valid" reports is a report for something that I've never seen reported for on the site in my entire time here.

Also "At the end of the day moderation is a thankless job. When done right nobody cares and when done wrong you get crucified in a court of public opinion. There is no pay and it takes a lot of work and the ‘power’ you get does not give you much fun in the end." Well it makes it all worth it at the end when you know the actions you took prevented the bad people from playing mafia Right... It did prevent them from playing the game right? *Anakin Stare*
    Last edited by ZZorange; June 28th, 2021 at 02:29 PM.
    The only townie good enough to get banned for game-throwing in games that he wins.

20. ISO #70

players like Ozywho who report people when they are the ones who made the mistake
    For the record, this monkey thinks I was a Jailor who executed him.. because.. you know.. he assumed so without fact checking..

I call him monkey because that's how I view him intellectually now.
    Reason being: I told him I was never a Jailor who executed him but telling him directly is not enough for the little monkey to understand..
    Quote Originally Posted by OzyWho
    Quote Originally Posted by ZZorange
    I've never seen someone report someone else in a game where they were the failor who executed a town. That is a new level of memery and fun defining. That is quite funny.
    Ok..
    Why are you telling me this again?
    And just out of curiosity, who was the 'failor'? So I can go and congratulate him.
    Last edited by OzyWho; June 28th, 2021 at 02:42 PM.

21. ISO #71

Well yeah that's the only thing that makes sense. Otherwise you'd basically be admitting to seeing a random n1 execution on me and then going into the replay to try and see if you had grounds to report me, which is basically you admitting that. I made the far more logical leap of "This guy is the failor because he's the one reporting it" Not being the failor would mean you'd be even more of a hate bonering goon.

You say in your post was that the game was ruined but wasn't even affected in any meaningful way. The fact that you were going fishing for a reason to report a guy based on reputation is pretty cringe man not gonna lie.

Honestly you being the Failor actually gives it an honest reason, the failor would likely be mad they executed the Marshall, but you not even being the Failor, damn you forum mafia guys talk about sheeping, but digging for reasons to a report a guy because others have told you he bad man. Ozywho you've been sheeped my guy. Your report is hilariously even more joke worthy now.
    Last edited by ZZorange; June 28th, 2021 at 02:56 PM.

22. ISO #72

Well yeah that's the only thing that makes sense. Otherwise you'd basically be admitting to seeing a random n1 execution on me and then going into the replay to try and see if you had grounds to report me, which is basically you admitting that. I made the far more logical leap of "This guy is the failor because he's the one reporting it" Not being the failor would mean you'd be even more of a hate bonering goon.

You say in your post was that the game was ruined but wasn't even affected in any meaningful way. The fact that you were going fishing for a reason to report a guy based on reputation is pretty cringe man not gonna lie.
    The fact that you make assumptions on top of assumptions is pretty cringe man. How does that make for a honest discussion?
    I was with you in the graveyard chat for most of game, I knew nothing of your reputation nor did I "search" for grounds to lynch you for being you.
    I literally saw a random guy in graveyard saying they'd never claim whilst always blacklisting evils + preferring towns + picking same name, for x and y reason, and so I reported it.

Monkey, listen, because I fear this concept might be a bit much for you to grasp..
    listen carefully now.. ready?

ASK people before making presumptions about their actions and intentions and reasons, in order to have open discussions.

You're literally more interested in making up other people's actions(lol how even?) and motives that fit your preferred narrative than talk to them. Rationalize everything in any way that would fit your little monkey's world view rather than be open and honest. You're a fucking overgrown child, and it coming from me is saying something.

I honestly have no clue why would anyone ever attempt to talk to you. You're spinning narratives in your favor so hard that you are incapable of accepting otherwise even when you're directly informed of it not reflecting reality.

23. ISO #73

24. ISO #74

Quote Originally Posted by theoneceko View Post
    @SuperJack did your quote originate from Brendan's shitpost?
    i never shitpost
    I love oops

Spoiler : :

▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▒▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▒░▒▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▒░░▒▒▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▒░░░▒▒▒▒▒▄
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▒░░░░▒░▒▒▒▒▌
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▒░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▌░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▄
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▓▒░░░░░░▒▒░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒