[WIP] S-FM XCOM Project
Register

User Tag List

1. ISO #1

S-FM XCOM Project

XCOM Project
    As always with my works, XCOM Project is an experimental setup. In an ideal world, this gives way to a larger full FM if the setup mechanics are successful.

Spokesman Council
    Advent Spokesman
    Advent Spokesman
    Advent Spokesman

XCOM Spokesman

Field Operations
    Advent General
    Alien
    Advent Officer
    Advent Trooper / Alien Trooper

XCOM Officer
    XCOM Officer

Alien Ruler

Rules
    All standard S-FM Rules apply
    Pictures are allowed within reasonable size. Hopefully I don't need to specify what "reasonable size" is.
    Videos are allowed as long as autoplay is off.

Mechanics
    48 hour days.
    24 hour nights or early ending nights at host discretion.
    Last wills allowed.
    Suicide is allowed at host discretion.
    Lynch system is to be determined by the host and stated during signups.
    XCOM shares a permanent chat.

Special Mechanics
    Game begins on a no action night 0.
    During night phases (excluding night 0), the Spokesman Council meet. Spokesmen can not vote, or speak during the day. Instead, during the night, they vote on a player to Promote. If there is a tie vote, then nobody will be promoted. Spokesmen cannot be voted to be lynched. Essentially, the Spokesman Council does not directly interact with the Field Operations players, and vice versa. If there are ever 2 or less Spokesmen at the start of the night phase and the XCOM Spokesman is still alive, the Advent state collapses, and the game ends in an immediate XCOM victory
    If an XCOM operative is involved in the death of an Advent or Alien Ruler, they receive a free Promotion. They either must kill them at night or be voting them if they are lynched.
    Some abilities are Color-coded. Different colors represent different types of abilities. Some roles interact differently to different abilities.
    Psionic abilities are single-use abilities that usually have very powerful effects.
    Explosive abilities are destructive effects that usually kill players.
    Melee abilities are strong utility moves, but are heavily punished by Mutons and Rangers
    Universal abilities are typically weaker than other counterparts, but are guaranteed to connect with their targets.

Spoiler : Rolecards :

Spoiler : Spokesman Council :

Advent Spokesman
    "Fellow citizens. For 20 years, the Advent coalition has worked tirelessly to repair the ravages and injustices of the old world. Under our stewardship, our cities prosper, our people flourish, and our world heals. And yet, among us, there are still those who would refuse to acknowledge the truth!"
    During the night, you meet with the other members of the Spokesman Council to decide who to Promote.
    You cannot vote to lynch, and you cannot be lynched. You may not speak during the day. You may speak during the night.
    Unless otherwise stated, players cannot target you with night abilities.
    XCOM Spokesman
    "Hello Commander. The council you once knew is no more. Its membership have all sworn loyalty to the Advent administration. With one exception."
    During the night, you meet with the other members of the Spokesman Council to decide who to Promote.
    You cannot vote to lynch, and you cannot be lynched. You may not speak during the day. You may speak during the night.
    Unless otherwise stated, players cannot target you with night abilities.
    You share a permanent chat with the two XCOM Officers.
    During the day you may investigate a player, learning their role upon nightfall. 2 charges.

Spoiler : Field Operations :

Spoiler : Advent :

Advent Trooper
    You have no night action.

If you are Promoted you will receive a random Advent Officer rolecard.
    Alien Trooper
    You have no night action.

If you are Promoted you will receive a random Alien rolecard.
    Advent General
    At night you may Target a player. You will learn their alignment.
    You have a one-use day ability to Overthrow a spokesman of your choice. This ability is public, and must be used in the following format:
    -daykill [PLAYER]
    Please mention the host in this post as well.
    The spokesman will die instantly. Their role will be revealed at the end of the day.

You cannot be Promoted.
    Spoiler : Advent Officer :

Advent Captain
    At night you may Target a player. You will learn their alignment.
    If the Advent General dies before using his Overthrow ability, you will receive the rolecard.

If you are Promoted, you receive the Advent General rolecard.
    Advent Shieldbearer
    At night you may use your Shield Barrier on yourself or another player, making that player immune to attacks.

If you are Promoted, you may use your Shield Barrier on up to 3 people per night.
    Advent Priest
    At night you may use one of the following abilities:
    Stasis: Roleblock a target and give them complete night immunity. 2 charges.
    Mind Merge: Motivate a target and give them 2 night actions on the following night. You share a private chat until the end of the next night, and they are immune to attacks. If one of you die (either by you being attacked, or one of you being lynched), the other dies as well. 1 charge.

If you are Promoted, you gain Sustain: Upon being killed or lynched you will be placed into a Stasis instead of dying. You will lose your ability to use night actions after being Sustained. 1 charge.

Spoiler : Alien :

Sectoid
    At night you may use one of the following abilities:
    Mindspin: Control a target to target a player of your choice. 1 charge.
    Psi Reanimation: Use an ability of a dead player (if they still have charges). 1 charge.
    You passively have a Melee Weakness. You cannot be protected from Melee attacks.

If you are Promoted, you may use Mindspin every night, and gain an additional charge of Psi Reanimation. Additionally, you become immune to negative Psionic abilities.
    Viper
    During the night you may Bind a player, roleblocking them.

If you are Promoted, Bind becomes a day ability. At night, targeted players are roleblocked and placed in a private night chat with you, where you are anonymous. They still retain access to any other chats they are still in.
    Additionally, you gain access to the Crush ability. You may use this ability during the night to kill whoever you have bound. 1 charge.
    Muton
    At night you may use a Plasma Grenade on a target, killing them. 1 charge.
    You passively have the Counterattack ability. Any targets that try to attack you with a Melee Attack are instead roleblocked and killed.

If you are Promoted, you gain an additional Plasma Grenade charge, and your Counterattack is replaced with Overwatch. Overwatch is a passive ability. Any targets that try to attack you with any non-explosive attack are instead roleblocked and killed.
    Spectre
    At night you may Stalk a player, learning who they visited.

If you are Promoted, you gain the Shadowbind ability. Once per night, in addition to Stalking a player you may hide behind another player, redirecting any abilities that would target you into targeting that player.

Spoiler : XCOM :

XCOM Operatives will have a unique name and callsign. This is purely for flavor and will have no effect on gameplay.
    XCOM Operatives cannot use more than 1 killing ability per night.

XCOM Ranger
    At night you may use one of your abilities
    Slash: Attack a player with your sword, killing them. 1 charge.
    Conceal: Stalk a player at night, learning who they visit and who visited them.

XCOM units may be Promoted up to 3 times. There are two choices for Promotion at each stage. Players may pick one choice per level, and cannot pick the other choice after one has already been picked.
    Promotion 1: You passively gain the Phantom trait, which prevents you from being seen visiting other players. You appear to visit no target every night.
    Promotion 2: You passively gain the Run and Gun trait, which allows you to use both Slash and Conceal at night.
    Promotion 3:

Promotion 1:
    Promotion 2:
    Promotion 3: You gain access to Bladestorm, a 1 use ability which will use Slash on any players that visit you that night. Additionally, you gain the Counterattack ability. Any targets that try to attack you with a Melee Attack are instead roleblocked and killed.
    XCOM Grenadier
    At night you may use one of your abilities
    Suppression: Suppress a target, roleblocking them.
    Demolition: Demolish a targets cover. If they are killed that night, they are cleaned and their role will not be revealed. 1 charge.

XCOM units may be Promoted up to 3 times.There are two choices for Promotion at each stage. Players may pick one choice per level, and cannot pick the other choice after one has already been picked.
    Heavy Gunner
    Promotion 1: You passively gain the Holo-Targeting ability. When you use one of your Universal abilities on a target, you learn who they visit every night for the remainder of the game.
    Promotion 2: You gain the ability Saturation Fire, allowing you to Suppress three targets in one night. 1 charge.
    Promotion 3: You gain the ability Rupture, allowing you to prevent a target from speaking during the next day. They may only say I am ruptured, but may still vote for whoever they want.

Demolitions Expert
    Promotion 1: You gain Launch Grenade, a 2 use ability which kills a player of your choice.
    Promotion 2: You gain passively gain the Blast Padding ability, making you and your ally immune to Explosives.
    Promotion 3: You gain Launch Frost Bomb. You may launch your Frost Bomb at a player, killing and cleaning them. 1 charge.

Last edited by Stealthbomber16; June 17th, 2021 at 12:07 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by S-FM Unfunny View Post
    How dare you send me another box of cereal
    Quote Originally Posted by ChannelMiner View Post
    Anyways I shot Brad due to my morbid fear of zombies.

2. ISO #2

Re: S-FM XCOM Project

Open to feedback as I go. This setup is obviously modeled off of XCOM 2. Hoping to finish Advent rolecards tomorrow, XCOM rolecards over the weeked, then submit this for review.

3. ISO #3

4. ISO #4

Quote Originally Posted by OzyWho View Post
    You know it's serious when SB16 wrote down mechanics and rules.
    I actually do this for every single setup nowadays (except for wilder wilder wastelander because that was a meme setup) LOL. It makes setup creation much easier to have a standardized block of text I can copy every time I want to make something new.

https://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/showt...-Captains-Mode
    https://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/showt...ica-2020-(15P)
    https://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/showt...-s-Dream-(11P)
    https://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/showt...45214-S-FM-krc
    https://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/showt...age-Cult-Setup
    https://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/showt...S-FM-Pentakill

It's been in all my setups since 2019.
    Last edited by Stealthbomber16; June 16th, 2021 at 03:26 PM. Reason: word choice

5. ISO #5

6. ISO #6

Quote Originally Posted by LagAttack View Post
    XCOM officer rolecards are missing?
    Haven't made them yet. Got more to do. Decided I wanted to stop for today.

Quote Originally Posted by LagAttack View Post
    Also, for all intents and purposes other than flavor, green XCOM = mafia and red advent = town?
    Yep

7. ISO #7

8. ISO #8