[Ready for Review] S-FM The Agency: Part II (remake) (12P)
Register

User Tag List

1. ISO #1

S-FM The Agency: Part II (remake) (12P)

S-FM The Agency Part II

The cadets have reached the second stage of their initiation. They are now tasked with analysing an older counterespionage operation designed to flush out multiple suspected double agents working for the old KGB. Nine cadets have the task of figuring out who the double agents were, and three cadets are tasked with deceiving the other nine as to the identity of the double agents (they are told who the double agents were).

Role List

Deceivers
    Trainee
    Trainee
    Trainee

Cadets
    Cadet
    Cadet
    Cadet
    Cadet
    Cadet
    Cadet
    Cadet
    Cadet
    Cadet

Rolecards

Spoiler : Trainee :

Trainee
    You are a Trainee, training to become a Field Agent.
    You share a 24/7 chat with the other Trainees.
    At the start of the game you are told the identity of the three double agents.

Spoiler : Cadet :

Cadet
    You are a Cadet, training to become a Field Agent.

Mechanics

Days last 48 hours. There are no nights. Each day begins immediately after the previous one has ended.
    An FM game with no flips is selected from a website known only to the host (not SC2Mafia!).
    Lynch is Condorcet-voting with a special clause: instead of lynching players in the game, players vote for players in the selected FM game.
    The player most heavily defending the election-winning player (defined as those who have the player the lowest in their list) get lynched. Ties are resolved by RNG.
    The alignment of the election-winning player is revealed at the end of the day.
    Lynch is not mandatory.

Wincons
    Cadets: Lynch all the Scum players in the selected FM game.
    Trainees: The Scum players in the selected FM game must gain 50% or more of the vote.

2. ISO #2

3. ISO #3

Re: S-FM The Agency: Part II (remake)

I'm not sure to understand how this works. What does lynching players here do in an offsite game? And as a more general question, how do the two games interact and how do they influence eachother?

What does "the player most heavily defending the election-winning player" mean? The guy who top-townreads the lynched player? What happens if there's more than one player doing that? What happens if there's none?
    Quote Originally Posted by The Lawyer View Post
    Besides your lamp and your refridgerators, do you find anyone else suspicious?
    Quote Originally Posted by oliverz144 View Post
    it looks like many, e.g. MM and lag, suffered under the influence of paopan. However there is a victim: frinckles. He left the path of rationality and fully dived into the parallel reality of baby shark, king shark, and soviet union pizzas.
    Spoiler : The meaning of life :

4. ISO #4

I think people are supposed to scumhunt an off-site ongoing game?
    Town don't / can't scumhunt scums from this game whilst the scum can coordinate their votes.
    If mafia here don't have day chat then the game is decided by whoever is a better scumhunter regardless of alignment.

Me personally, I know I couldn't play this because it requires a lot of reading. Reading 2 games at once. Though technically I don't see a reason to read or post anything in this game other than votes?
    Last edited by OzyWho; June 17th, 2021 at 03:00 AM.

5. ISO #5

Quote Originally Posted by OzyWho View Post
    I think people are supposed to scumhunt an off-site ongoing game?
    Town don't / can't scumhunt scums from this game whilst the scum can coordinate their votes.
    If mafia here don't have day chat then the game is decided by whoever is a better scumhunter regardless of alignment.

Me personally, I know I couldn't play this because it requires a lot of reading. Reading 2 games at once. Though technically I don't see a reason to read or post anything in this game other than votes?
    If that's what it is, I think there'd need to be an agreement with the host of the off-site game, since this one could compromise the other game's integrity through OGC.
    it looks like many, e.g. MM and lag, suffered under the influence of paopan. However there is a victim: frinckles. He left the path of rationality and fully dived into the parallel reality of baby shark, king shark, and soviet union pizzas.

6. ISO #6

Quote Originally Posted by Marshmallow Marshall View Post
    I'm not sure to understand how this works. What does lynching players here do in an offsite game? And as a more general question, how do the two games interact and how do they influence eachother?

What does "the player most heavily defending the election-winning player" mean? The guy who top-townreads the lynched player? What happens if there's more than one player doing that? What happens if there's none?
    I would select an already finished game that had no flips. It would not interfere with an ongoing game

7. ISO #7

Ppl vote for the ppl in the other game. The role of the most voted player is revealed at EoD.

8. ISO #8

9. ISO #9

10. ISO #10

Re: S-FM The Agency: Part II (remake) (12P)

What's the point of using another game if people can't read it, though? Doesn't it just make the game much more complicated?

11. ISO #11

What's the point of using another game if people can't read it, though? Doesn't it just make the game much more complicated?
    I would probs copy-paste all of the posts and make them available to the players somehow

12. ISO #12

Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    I would probs copy-paste all of the posts and make them available to the players somehow
    Wouldn't players of the game being used as reference mention flips at some moments, though? You'd basically have to edit out every post addressing flip info...

13. ISO #13

They could. The game would have to be pulled from site nobody knows about.
    Wouldn't they be able to just google text from the game to find the source game?

(Don't get me wrong, I think this idea is neat, I just think the logistics of it might be a bit difficult to implement)
    Last edited by Lumi; June 19th, 2021 at 08:24 AM.

14. ISO #14

Wouldn't players of the game being used as reference mention flips at some moments, though? You'd basically have to edit out every post addressing flip info...
    They could. That's why the game has to be flipless.

15. ISO #15

Quote Originally Posted by LagAttack View Post
    Wouldn't they be able to just google text from the game to find the source game?

(Don't get me wrong, I think this idea is neat, I just think the logistics of it might be a bit difficult to implement)
    I think they could. I'm not sure how to work around this.

16. ISO #16

17. ISO #17

They could. That's why the game has to be flipless.
    True, then it works.
    I think they could. I'm not sure how to work around this.
    I feel like the answer is "trust people aren't assholes and won't try to ruin a fun experiment"... but that's rather unreliable. Else, you could ask people on the other site to hide the game to the public for a moment, but that'd require the other site's moderators' consent.