Do Admins actually play arcade? - Page 4
Register

User Tag List

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
Results 151 to 189 of 189
  1. #151

    Re: Do Admins actually play arcade?

    Quote Originally Posted by OzyWho View Post
    Not initially, no.
    It did look like this thread turned into a brawl though.

    Tbh, you behaved yourself well in my opinion.
    For some odd reason, some who feel like they can make good arguments also feel like it gives them leeway to shit on others whilst doing so.

    I'm just interested to see if this thread is still salvageable tbh.
    You noticed that too, huh? Would be hypocritical of me to point out people's speech while defending free speech so I just let it go for the most part.

  2. #152

    Re: Do Admins actually play arcade?

    Quote Originally Posted by aamirus View Post
    Well not EVERYone…

    Honestly ceko I get what you’re saying but taking immediate moderation action against a thread about admins being power hungry nazis just isn’t very tenable. So I personally tend to just let these threads play themselves out. Veliaire helpfully buried himself with that post Voss infracted and we probably should have just closed it there but now people are having some other interesting discussions so why kill that?
    who cares about what some alt-right dude says? show ur nazi dictator side and close this thread ._.
    this thread is so off-topic... now it's just random bashing and i'd like for it to stop
    "The child must have a valuable thing which is called imagination. The child must have a secret world in which live things that never were. It is necessary that he believe. He must start out believing in things not of this world. Then, when the world becomes too ugly for living in, the child can reach back and live in his imagination. I, myself, even in this day and age, have great need of this. Only by having imagination in my mind can I live beyond what I have to live for.”

  3. #153

    Re: Do Admins actually play arcade?

    do admins play the arcade? YES.

    aami, mostache, and auwt are regular players. aami is most active from my experience and auwt is the least active. however, they all play pretty often.

    okay! there's your answer. thread closed
    "The child must have a valuable thing which is called imagination. The child must have a secret world in which live things that never were. It is necessary that he believe. He must start out believing in things not of this world. Then, when the world becomes too ugly for living in, the child can reach back and live in his imagination. I, myself, even in this day and age, have great need of this. Only by having imagination in my mind can I live beyond what I have to live for.”

  4. #154

    Re: Do Admins actually play arcade?

    Quote Originally Posted by aamirus View Post
    Well not EVERYone…

    Honestly ceko I get what you’re saying but taking immediate moderation action against a thread about admins being power hungry nazis just isn’t very tenable. So I personally tend to just let these threads play themselves out. Veliaire helpfully buried himself with that post Voss infracted and we probably should have just closed it there but now people are having some other interesting discussions so why kill that?
    Tbh I'm a little interested to see what Helz will say to my question I asked him.
    Usually you don't see him changing his mind or even reasons for them over years apart. This time, on this topic, he changed his opinion within months.
    I kinda want to hear the story behind that change.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    from time to time, I act very much like a normal person.
    My spirit animal: https://youtu.be/fNugZU61EXI

  5. #155

    Re: Do Admins actually play arcade?

    It seems like some want us to moderate more, others want us to ban more, and finally some want us to ban less. Who are the real losers here? sc2mafia staff.

    FM XVII: Bonney Jewelry (Journalist)
    FM XVIII: Kalou (Savage Godfather)
    FM XX: Joseph Bertrand (Marshall)
    FM XXI: USA (Escort)
    FM XV: Whiskey (Whore)

  6. #156

    Re: Do Admins actually play arcade?

    Quote Originally Posted by Voss View Post
    It seems like some want us to moderate more, others want us to ban more, and finally some want us to ban less. Who are the real losers here? sc2mafia staff.
    no sarcasm intended here.

    FM XVII: Bonney Jewelry (Journalist)
    FM XVIII: Kalou (Savage Godfather)
    FM XX: Joseph Bertrand (Marshall)
    FM XXI: USA (Escort)
    FM XV: Whiskey (Whore)

  7. #157

    Re: Do Admins actually play arcade?

    Quote Originally Posted by Voss View Post
    It seems like some want us to moderate more, others want us to ban more, and finally some want us to ban less. Who are the real losers here? sc2mafia staff.
    Dawh vossy I snorted at your “I’m a girl” post <3
    Have you ever heard the tragedy of Darth Jar Jar the wise?

  8. #158

    Re: Do Admins actually play arcade?

    is there a way to ignore a thread?

    i want to mute this

    U

    W

    U
    "The child must have a valuable thing which is called imagination. The child must have a secret world in which live things that never were. It is necessary that he believe. He must start out believing in things not of this world. Then, when the world becomes too ugly for living in, the child can reach back and live in his imagination. I, myself, even in this day and age, have great need of this. Only by having imagination in my mind can I live beyond what I have to live for.”

  9. #159

  10. #160

    Re: Do Admins actually play arcade?

    Quote Originally Posted by aamirus View Post
    You get notifications for posts? Or u just feel the need to click when u see the new posts?
    i check the new posts thingy at the top left
    "The child must have a valuable thing which is called imagination. The child must have a secret world in which live things that never were. It is necessary that he believe. He must start out believing in things not of this world. Then, when the world becomes too ugly for living in, the child can reach back and live in his imagination. I, myself, even in this day and age, have great need of this. Only by having imagination in my mind can I live beyond what I have to live for.”

  11. #161

    Re: Do Admins actually play arcade?

    oh. i do the second thing you mentioned
    "The child must have a valuable thing which is called imagination. The child must have a secret world in which live things that never were. It is necessary that he believe. He must start out believing in things not of this world. Then, when the world becomes too ugly for living in, the child can reach back and live in his imagination. I, myself, even in this day and age, have great need of this. Only by having imagination in my mind can I live beyond what I have to live for.”

  12. #162

  13. #163

  14. #164

    Re: Do Admins actually play arcade?

    why did i just get warned for spamming?
    "The child must have a valuable thing which is called imagination. The child must have a secret world in which live things that never were. It is necessary that he believe. He must start out believing in things not of this world. Then, when the world becomes too ugly for living in, the child can reach back and live in his imagination. I, myself, even in this day and age, have great need of this. Only by having imagination in my mind can I live beyond what I have to live for.”

  15. #165

    Re: Do Admins actually play arcade?

    i was asking voss a question because i want to mute this thread? is that spam?
    "The child must have a valuable thing which is called imagination. The child must have a secret world in which live things that never were. It is necessary that he believe. He must start out believing in things not of this world. Then, when the world becomes too ugly for living in, the child can reach back and live in his imagination. I, myself, even in this day and age, have great need of this. Only by having imagination in my mind can I live beyond what I have to live for.”

  16. #166

  17. #167

    Re: Do Admins actually play arcade?

    The title of the thread instigates an argument, regardless of the message that actually follows. If you play the game enough you’ll know which members of staff play because there aren’t that many different regulars that makes it difficult to remember. This thread has gotten carried away, pretty much done by everyone except 1 or 2 people, but I don’t really see this thread as being “I want to see change” in the first place. It looks more like “I want to attack the staff for banning racists/watchlisting me!”.

    Would you have said anything if you hadn’t been Watchlisted? Because I honestly feel like you wouldn’t have.
    Last edited by Unknown1234; June 8th, 2021 at 04:59 PM. Reason: Where did I learn english
    Quote Originally Posted by Mesk514 View Post
    1-I really and truly believe @Unknown1234 is town. He stuck by me when I needed him
    Quote Originally Posted by Gyrlander View Post
    Wow, this game was really easy. I just had to talk dumb shit to survive some days more. :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    If sheriff cleared you honestly I would take him out of my town core and put him as scum.

  18. #168

    Re: Do Admins actually play arcade?

    Quote Originally Posted by Unknown1234 View Post
    The title of the thread actually instigates an argument, regardless of the message that actually follows.
    It's this kind of "everything is offensive" mentality that is the problem. I asked a simple, relevant question. There's no need to take offense to it.
    The Khaleesi did nothing wrong.

  19. #169

    Re: Do Admins actually play arcade?

    Quote Originally Posted by Veliaire View Post
    It's this kind of "everything is offensive" mentality that is the problem. I asked a simple, relevant question. There's no need to take offense to it.
    So in your mind, this is how the conversation should have gone.

    Post #1 “does staff play the mod”

    Post #2 “Aamirus Auwt and Mostache play quite regularly”

    Post #3 “okay thanks bye”

    I know ceko said this exact thing earlier, but people’s intentions are way too easy to read and it’s never as simple as this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mesk514 View Post
    1-I really and truly believe @Unknown1234 is town. He stuck by me when I needed him
    Quote Originally Posted by Gyrlander View Post
    Wow, this game was really easy. I just had to talk dumb shit to survive some days more. :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    If sheriff cleared you honestly I would take him out of my town core and put him as scum.

  20. #170

    Re: Do Admins actually play arcade?

    Quote Originally Posted by Unknown1234 View Post
    So in your mind, this is how the conversation should have gone.

    Post #1 “does staff play the mod”

    Post #2 “Aamirus Auwt and Mostache play quite regularly”

    Post #3 “okay thanks bye”

    I know ceko said this exact thing earlier, but people’s intentions are way too easy to read and it’s never as simple as this.
    Well it didn't go the way you wanted. I'm sorry about that.
    The Khaleesi did nothing wrong.

  21. #171

    Re: Do Admins actually play arcade?

    Quote Originally Posted by Veliaire View Post
    Well it didn't go the way you wanted. I'm sorry about that.
    I think the staff has been fairly good with their responses despite the back and forth bantering between people. Their job is to make the game and community available to everyone and that shit isn’t easy. I’m sorry if you feel like you’re being silenced however actions have consequences. What staff decides to do at the end of the day is ultimately up to them, but just now that they are doing the best they can to keep the game alive and let people enjoy it. If you don’t agree, I’m sure you can try your luck at Town of Salem where they censor everything that they think could potentially offend their playerbase.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mesk514 View Post
    1-I really and truly believe @Unknown1234 is town. He stuck by me when I needed him
    Quote Originally Posted by Gyrlander View Post
    Wow, this game was really easy. I just had to talk dumb shit to survive some days more. :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    If sheriff cleared you honestly I would take him out of my town core and put him as scum.

  22. #172

    Re: Do Admins actually play arcade?

    Quote Originally Posted by Unknown1234 View Post
    I think the staff has been fairly good with their responses despite the back and forth bantering between people. Their job is to make the game and community available to everyone and that shit isn’t easy. I’m sorry if you feel like you’re being silenced however actions have consequences. What staff decides to do at the end of the day is ultimately up to them, but just now that they are doing the best they can to keep the game alive and let people enjoy it. If you don’t agree, I’m sure you can try your luck at Town of Salem where they censor everything that they think could potentially offend their playerbase.
    Thanks for the input champ.
    The Khaleesi did nothing wrong.

  23. #173

  24. #174

    Re: Do Admins actually play arcade?

    Quote Originally Posted by OzyWho View Post
    Speaking of which, @Helz , what happened to this?:
    Ehh, If its on the racism thing I plan on making a topic at some point. I am just swamped with taking on too many projects like I always do and I am going to communicate with to individuals prior to speaking negatively about them. I don't know if you could call it a professional courtesy but the direction I am moving in here is kind of burning a bridge after people have advised me exactly how to suck up to avoid a perma-ban. I have absolutely zero respect for a moderation community that picks and chooses when to follow their own policy's and its a hell of a shame our global community's championship is subjected to such behavior.

    On the 'trolls crave attention' thing you would have to be more specific. I still hold both statements you quoted as valid and true.
    Last edited by Helz; June 11th, 2021 at 01:05 AM.

  25. #175

    Re: Do Admins actually play arcade?

    4 pages defending why its ok to be a racist homophobe troll who ruins matches..... You all need help. I don't play this arcade map anymore because your community is absolute horse shit, you all have no sense and circle jerk the same racist bullshit spam EVERY game. Pathetic... No one with any sense plays Mafia anymore because of your player base's inability to be normal fucking human beings.

  26. #176

    Re: Do Admins actually play arcade?

    Quote Originally Posted by one_asparagus View Post
    4 pages defending why its ok to be a racist homophobe troll who ruins matches..... You all need help. I don't play this arcade map anymore because your community is absolute horse shit, you all have no sense and circle jerk the same racist bullshit spam EVERY game. Pathetic... No one with any sense plays Mafia anymore because of your player base's inability to be normal fucking human beings.
    why is this guy not IP banned yet isnt this like his 6th account
    Quote Originally Posted by S-FM Unfunny View Post
    How dare you send me another box of cereal
    Quote Originally Posted by aamirus View Post
    congrats you're an inspiration to pedophiles everywhere
    Quote Originally Posted by Yuesford View Post
    I'm sure.. 100% clownbomber16 is scum. I'll suck my own dick if I'm wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by Plotato View Post
    if you are still confused i have a stellar comeback which involves more insulting of the french.

  27. #177

  28. #178

  29. #179

    Re: Do Admins actually play arcade?

    Quote Originally Posted by Stealthbomber16 View Post
    why is this guy not IP banned yet isnt this like his 6th account
    is that guy being sarcastic?

    FM XVII: Bonney Jewelry (Journalist)
    FM XVIII: Kalou (Savage Godfather)
    FM XX: Joseph Bertrand (Marshall)
    FM XXI: USA (Escort)
    FM XV: Whiskey (Whore)

  30. #180

    Re: Do Admins actually play arcade?

    Quote Originally Posted by Voss View Post
    is that guy being sarcastic?
    99% sure that this guy is an alt of someone on the banlist
    Quote Originally Posted by S-FM Unfunny View Post
    How dare you send me another box of cereal
    Quote Originally Posted by aamirus View Post
    congrats you're an inspiration to pedophiles everywhere
    Quote Originally Posted by Yuesford View Post
    I'm sure.. 100% clownbomber16 is scum. I'll suck my own dick if I'm wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by Plotato View Post
    if you are still confused i have a stellar comeback which involves more insulting of the french.

  31. #181

    Re: Do Admins actually play arcade?

    Nah kids, Sorry this is my first account here. I deal with spamming flaming racist and homophobic rhetoric every time I play mafia in SC2 arcade. I finally decided to make an account to report the repeat offenders but it turns out this is just an echo chamber for your insecurities. Sad man I don't see why the need to get a rise out of people is considered humor here. It's mind boggling that there is literally a post 4 pages long with you all going back and forth about anti semanticist rhetoric and why it should be allowed. I think Blizzard would raise an eyebrow at this community if they gave a shit about this dead game, but lucky for your vultures it's prime ground to escape from public silences and bans that they offer. It's not free speech at the level you guys cherish, it's literally shock factor humor at best.

    Call me salty, call me bad, pull out all the stops guys. I literally created this account to record and report your lack of basic human decency and literal hate speech. IP ban away! The first post I read was a 4 page thread about why it's OK to bash Jews. Next time I play with one of you I will be uploading saves and building cases. Learn to not get your energy from your constant and effortless trashy spam, and maybe try to communicate properly so we can all have fun and play the game like humans.

    EDIT: Stealthbomber: The fact that I am not the only one saying this and you immediately ask for a ban speaks fucking volumes kiddo. Seriously... Unlike you I've never been banned, I got a warning back in the day because of d/c issues (satellite internet back then) so I got reported for role-quitting. Which was fair... I had crappy service and ruined games. The least I can do is post reports where this community's lack of ethics ruins matches.
    Last edited by one_asparagus; June 20th, 2021 at 04:18 AM.

  32. #182

    Re: Do Admins actually play arcade?

    Quote Originally Posted by one_asparagus View Post
    It's mind boggling that there is literally a post 4 pages long with you all going back and forth about anti semanticist rhetoric and why it should be allowed.
    Vast majority of members are against, but you claim the opposite being true. Why?
    Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    from time to time, I act very much like a normal person.
    My spirit animal: https://youtu.be/fNugZU61EXI

  33. #183

    Re: Do Admins actually play arcade?

    Quote Originally Posted by one_asparagus View Post
    Nah kids, Sorry this is my first account here. I deal with spamming flaming racist and homophobic rhetoric every time I play mafia in SC2 arcade. I finally decided to make an account to report the repeat offenders but it turns out this is just an echo chamber for your insecurities. Sad man I don't see why the need to get a rise out of people is considered humor here. It's mind boggling that there is literally a post 4 pages long with you all going back and forth about anti semanticist rhetoric and why it should be allowed. I think Blizzard would raise an eyebrow at this community if they gave a shit about this dead game, but lucky for your vultures it's prime ground to escape from public silences and bans that they offer. It's not free speech at the level you guys cherish, it's literally shock factor humor at best.

    Call me salty, call me bad, pull out all the stops guys. I literally created this account to record and report your lack of basic human decency and literal hate speech. IP ban away! The first post I read was a 4 page thread about why it's OK to bash Jews. Next time I play with one of you I will be uploading saves and building cases. Learn to not get your energy from your constant and effortless trashy spam, and maybe try to communicate properly so we can all have fun and play the game like humans.

    EDIT: Stealthbomber: The fact that I am not the only one saying this and you immediately ask for a ban speaks fucking volumes kiddo. Seriously... Unlike you I've never been banned, I got a warning back in the day because of d/c issues (satellite internet back then) so I got reported for role-quitting. Which was fair... I had crappy service and ruined games. The least I can do is post reports where this community's lack of ethics ruins matches.
    There are volumes of threads right now that have explained and demonstrated that these racist players are the increasingly shrinking minority.

    I've been here for 6 years. 3 weeks ago was the first time someone went on the forums and complained about it in those 6 years. You're the second one. It's funny that you think I've been banned since my rank is literally retired staff.

    EDIT: This thread is 4 pages of an entire community bashing on a clown who recently was punished for racist remarks about jews and thought it wasn't deserved. You're not only bad at acting... you're also bad at reading too!
    Last edited by Stealthbomber16; June 20th, 2021 at 11:18 PM. Reason: correct timeframe
    Quote Originally Posted by S-FM Unfunny View Post
    How dare you send me another box of cereal
    Quote Originally Posted by aamirus View Post
    congrats you're an inspiration to pedophiles everywhere
    Quote Originally Posted by Yuesford View Post
    I'm sure.. 100% clownbomber16 is scum. I'll suck my own dick if I'm wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by Plotato View Post
    if you are still confused i have a stellar comeback which involves more insulting of the french.

  34. #184

    Re: Do Admins actually play arcade?

    You are 99% sure I'm on the banlist but somehow misconstrued that you are the one banned? I've never been here until my account was created, nor did I say you were banned...
    Lack of forum activity doesn't mean your community isn't contrived of racists and homophobes. Be that as it may, maybe more people would communicate here if the admins took bans seriously and played a game or two so they could witness the candor that this community possesses. I agree that admins should play more, and they should go in incognito. I have yet to play a game where there wasn't some verbally abusive troll trying to trigger anyone that refused to mute them. Kind of like how you instantly jumped onto me and assumed I was attacking you. Not impressed so far.

  35. #185

    Re: Do Admins actually play arcade?

    Quote Originally Posted by one_asparagus View Post
    You are 99% sure I'm on the banlist but somehow misconstrued that you are the one banned? I've never been here until my account was created, nor did I say you were banned...
    Lack of forum activity doesn't mean your community isn't contrived of racists and homophobes. Be that as it may, maybe more people would communicate here if the admins took bans seriously and played a game or two so they could witness the candor that this community possesses. I agree that admins should play more, and they should go in incognito. I have yet to play a game where there wasn't some verbally abusive troll trying to trigger anyone that refused to mute them. Kind of like how you instantly jumped onto me and assumed I was attacking you. Not impressed so far.

  36. #186

    Re: Do Admins actually play arcade?

    Quote Originally Posted by one_asparagus View Post
    I agree that admins should play more, and they should go in incognito. I have yet to play a game where there wasn't some verbally abusive troll trying to trigger anyone that refused to mute them. Kind of like how you instantly jumped onto me and assumed I was attacking you. Not impressed so far.
    That's this community 100%. There is literally someone mewling about muting this thread and begging leadership to ban me, like I'm an evil person, because I have one offense of racism. Meanwhile he literally is on the watchlist for gamethrowing and has several other prior game-ruining offenses. So he literally throws games, but I'm the bad guy because I'm not PC enough.

    And lets not forget about how everyone lets personal feelings disrupt gameplay. I can't even name myself Bill Cosby without people targeting me n1.. but nothing gets done about that.
    The Khaleesi did nothing wrong.

  37. #187

    Re: Do Admins actually play arcade?

    Quote Originally Posted by Veliaire View Post
    That's this community 100%. There is literally someone mewling about muting this thread and begging leadership to ban me, like I'm an evil person, because I have one offense of racism. Meanwhile he literally is on the watchlist for gamethrowing and has several other prior game-ruining offenses. So he literally throws games, but I'm the bad guy because I'm not PC enough.

    And lets not forget about how everyone lets personal feelings disrupt gameplay. I can't even name myself Bill Cosby without people targeting me n1.. but nothing gets done about that.
    Hey mannn. Even if u always jailor hunt me n1. I agree with u.
    What I got for my 18th Birthday

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQw4w9WgXcQ

  38. #188

    Re: Do Admins actually play arcade?

    Quote Originally Posted by Veliaire View Post
    So knowing how hard it is to get a game started most days, why are you banning people for speech? I don't get that. Why have a mute function if you are just going to ban people for saying stuff you don't like?
    Not really. I think it was more of a moral stand against the conduct. The conduct that we should all be against, regardless of how frequently it is formally punished, is pedophiliac speech. I don't know a single staff member who needs that to tarnish his personal life if there's ever a major incident somehow. I think this site has a lot of "quantitatively minded" staff, so I get that they don't understand that in management sometimes not making strategic decision is better than making a poor strategic decision. Not saying it was a poor choice, I agree with the spirit of the decision, but it is lsimilar to when the African American and liberal community tried to ban the "n" word a decade ago by holding funerals for it and stuff- that happened some of you won't remember. The attempt just became fodder for trolls. We will never be free of racism or bigotry in mafia, that is too high a goal.

    I do believe we have enough people, trolls included, against the mal treatment of vulnerable children to punish that behavior and not lose a critical amount of players. At this point, all sc2 arcade decisions should be weighed against the chance of alienating players and potential players.

    It used to be games were round the clock. Then it slipped to games started at noon and ended at 4am. Now, games start at 2pm-5pm and end at 4am. Gradual slippage. If we don't role out 2.0 by the grace of Frinckles, we may run out of the ability to make the switch. Remember, we will lose players before 2.0 attracts players, that is my opinion, but it is the logical sequence of events.

  39. #189

    Re: Do Admins actually play arcade?

    Quote Originally Posted by Veliaire View Post
    No, I'm not banned. I logged in today to find out I was warned for racism. So I got on to forums to see what it was all about, and after I submitted my appeal I decided to see all the recent bannings and noticed a couple of people were banned for racism. So I thought I'd give my view about what I think of censorship.
    Same here I afked for about a year from apr 2020 to may 2021 and BAM! I'm warned for impersonating moderators in june 2020, after doing it for around 200 times LOL.

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •