random FM poll
Register

User Tag List

View Poll Results: When you inform people of your scumreads, would you prefer the scumreads themselves to:

Voters
10. You may not vote on this poll
  • Feel attacked. (emotional pressure)

6 60.00%
  • Feel relaxed.

2 20.00%
  • Other. (comments)

2 20.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Thread: random FM poll

random FM poll

I feel like most of the FM world have evolved towards playing the game in as a calm, gentle and friendly fashion as possible. I just don't see that kind of deliberate emotional pressure that Distorted brought to people years back when I first started playing.

So too are fake claim gambits just a SC2Mafia thing, where people try to catch the scum offguard.

Probably emotional pressure is good for scumhunting. Probably staying friendly is good for community. But how essential are they? How detrimental are they to the other?
    Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    from time to time, I act very much like a normal person.

Re: random FM poll

Quote Originally Posted by OzyWho View Post
    I feel like most of the FM world have evolved towards playing the game in as a calm, gentle and friendly fashion as possible. I just don't see that kind of deliberate emotional pressure that Distorted brought to people years back when I first started playing.

So too are fake claim gambits just a SC2Mafia thing, where people try to catch the scum offguard.

Probably emotional pressure is good for scumhunting. Probably staying friendly is good for community. But how essential are they? How detrimental are they to the other?
    Okay so here's my POV on this

If you go hard enough to make someone an angry town, they will likely OMGUS you and further get themselves scumread

However if you notify someone that they are scumread by you and get them to explain the stuff that made you scumread them, there is a higher chance of them being able to clear it up especially if they are town. Not saying emotional pressure isn't good, but it is more prone to make town make mistakes.

I think its a necessity
    Quote Originally Posted by Huey The Long View Post
    Naz will die, i can promise you this, i visited there home, i shared the wealth, placed my book on their nightstand and said every man a king 3 times so they will die from my glorious contagion of my political program
    Quote Originally Posted by Blinkstorteddd02 View Post
    You sure you dont want to lynch Voss again? he may flip scum this time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Distorted View Post
    mags my highest townread and i think hes scum.
    Quote Originally Posted by GoatseOntheCupboard View Post
    NOT TOWN = NOT INNOCENT

I think it depends on the person. I don’t think anyone would consider me “friendly” in an FM game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mesk514 View Post
    1-I really and truly believe @Unknown1234 is town. He stuck by me when I needed him
    Quote Originally Posted by Gyrlander View Post
    Wow, this game was really easy. I just had to talk dumb shit to survive some days more. :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    If sheriff cleared you honestly I would take him out of my town core and put him as scum.

Emotional pressure is not something I'm comfortable applying, both because I feel bad manipulating people and because it tends to create sad TvT situations that severely harm town. If your scumread feels the pressure without straight up feeling emotionally attacked, he will give the most precious information imo, because the associations easily come into play, since the scumread's play is rational and usually calculated.

Quote Originally Posted by OzyWho View Post
    MM's favorite berries are Dangle Berries covered In Mucus.
    I confirm
    Spoiler : Quotes :
    Quote Originally Posted by S-FM Hey peter View Post
    There are two wolves inside you. One is addicted to crack. The other one is also addicted to crack. You are addicted to crack.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stealthbomber16 View Post
    MM IS AN ANTI-VAXXER
    Quote Originally Posted by BananaCucho View Post
    Mallow are you really an anti vaxxer
    Quote Originally Posted by The Lawyer View Post
    Besides your lamp and your refridgerators, do you find anyone else suspicious?
    Quote Originally Posted by Renegade View Post
    God is a goofy loser.