Register

User Tag List

Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast
  1. ISO #1

2. ISO #2

Re: S-FM 328: Lazy (6P)

S-FM Lazy (6P)

You just received a letter!

(Excited about what it could be you quickly go and open it)

We have been informed by some of you that your entire department is being lazy.
    We do not tolerate such behavior!
    As of right now, you have one week to improve your productivity or all but the 2 honest of you will be fired. Their identity will remain anonymous, but rest assured that they share our disdain for laziness and will keep us up to date.

Sincerely,
    CEO of The Firm.

Day1

Setup

DAYS HOURS MINUTES SECONDS

3 votes to hammer.

3. ISO #3

Lazy Town Mayor here. As a reminder, it's 3 votes to hammer today, so even one T-on-T vote could allow M+M to slaughter (but at least all eyes would be on them D2). The mayo asks town to hold off putting down random votes, so just stay lazy.

I will start with my tentative vote(s): KILL COLORED NAMES FIRST!
    same as my earlier post #35

4. ISO #4

5. ISO #5

Hello all.

Day 1, Post 1 solve right here.

Actually, game's solved before the game even starts: https://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/showt...l=1#post927878

We have a 50% winrate.

To put it more explicitly:
    1. The sheriff openly claims
      • If someone counter claims then we thunder dome the two sheriff claims. This is great for town because if we guess right then our winrate shoots up to 75%. If we guess wrong then that's fine, our winrate is still at 50% - average winrate increases from 50% to 62.5%
      • Before we hammer either sheriff claim, that to-be-hammered sheriff should ORDER the players to be lynched next, and then town will follow out those orders.
        • A sheriff refusing to give an ordering is likely a scum just giving up since they know they'll be hammered so it doesn't matter
      • If the sheriff has reads, they can incorporate that into the ordering - if they are clueless, then just decide randomly.
        • THIS STEP IS VERY IMPORTANT - because the scum are a coordinated team, it is critically important that our sheriff gives an ordering for who to lynch if a scum CC's AND the real sheriff is looking to be the one hammered in the event that a scum tries to (foolishly) CC them. The real sheriff's ordering is a source of trusted randomization
        • Obviously a fake sheriff would give a list too - do NOT let the list given by ANY sheriff sway you in the lynch process, as the scum sheriff has perfect information about the game and can make their list look appealing - the information should only be used in the event that the lynched player flips sheriff.
    2. Sheriff leads town to victory. I don't care how bad you feel your reads are this game if you get sheriff - you can literally pick randomly and we still win half the time. It's just important that you actually do lead to prevent scum from manipulating town.
      • And in the event that the sheriff was CC'd and we guessed wrong on who the real sheriff was - then the sheriff STILL leads town to victory from the grave, following their lynch order they laid out.

And to summarize that:
    1. Sheriff reveals
    2. Sheriff leads town
    3. ???
    4. Win

6. ISO #6

7. ISO #7

8. ISO #8

Quote Originally Posted by LagAttack View Post
    Hello all.

Actually, game's solved before the game even starts: https://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/showt...l=1#post927878

We have a 50% winrate.

• If someone counter claims then we thunder dome the two sheriff claims. This is great for town because if we guess right then our winrate shoots up to 75%. If we guess wrong then that's fine, our winrate is still at 50% - average winrate increases from 50% to 62.5%
      • Before we hammer either sheriff claim, that to-be-hammered sheriff should ORDER the players to be lynched next, and then town will follow out those orders.
        • A sheriff refusing to give an ordering is likely a scum just giving up since they know they'll be hammered so it doesn't matter
      • If the sheriff has reads, they can incorporate that into the ordering - if they are clueless, then just decide randomly.
        • THIS STEP IS VERY IMPORTANT - because the scum are a coordinated team, it is critically important that our sheriff gives an ordering for who to lynch if a scum CC's AND the real sheriff is looking to be the one hammered in the event that a scum tries to (foolishly) CC them. The real sheriff's ordering is a source of trusted randomization
        • Obviously a fake sheriff would give a list too - do NOT let the list given by ANY sheriff sway you in the lynch process, as the scum sheriff has perfect information about the game and can make their list look appealing - the information should only be used in the event that the lynched player flips sheriff.
    2. Sheriff leads town to victory. I don't care how bad you feel your reads are this game if you get sheriff - you can literally pick randomly and we still win half the time. It's just important that you actually do lead to prevent scum from manipulating town.
      • And in the event that the sheriff was CC'd and we guessed wrong on who the real sheriff was - then the sheriff STILL leads town to victory from the grave, following their lynch order they laid out.

And to summarize that:
    1. Sheriff reveals
    2. Sheriff leads town
    3. ???
    4. Win
    This post can be made as either alignment IMO, but I do happen to agree so.

I'm the Sheriff
    This isn't where i parked my car.....

9. ISO #9

10. ISO #10

11. ISO #11

Quote Originally Posted by OzyWho View Post
    You just received a letter!

(Excited about what it could be you quickly go and open it)

We have been informed by some of you that your entire department is being lazy.
    We do not tolerate such behavior!
    As of right now, you have one week to improve your productivity or all but the 2 honest of you will be fired. Their identity will remain anonymous, but rest assured that they share our disdain for laziness and will keep us up to date.

Sincerely,
    CEO of The Firm.
    lol, just noticed this last minute flavor added to the setup. Last minute flavor addition - truly in the spirit of this game.

12. ISO #12

Hello all.

We have a 50% winrate.

And to summarize that:
    1. Sheriff reveals
    2. Sheriff leads town
    3. ???
    4. Win
    Good stats and numbers, NAI, but still, solid.

13. ISO #13

14. ISO #14

15. ISO #15

Quote Originally Posted by PQRnHack View Post
    To ruin Lag's genius master plan, I offer a scenario not covered by Lag What is that scenario?

I'm the Sheriff
    Quote Originally Posted by blinkskater View Post
    This post can be made as either alignment IMO, but I do happen to agree so.

I'm the Sheriff
    Our winrate just increased to 62.5%

16. ISO #16

17. ISO #17

18. ISO #18

19. ISO #19

20. ISO #20

21. ISO #21

22. ISO #22

23. ISO #23

24. ISO #24

25. ISO #25

Ceko, you're the 3rd player to claim Sheriff, just because you used giant green leters and say I'm a liar doesn't really mean anything at all.

I claimed, PQR claimed right after me. now you come in and claim?

Do I have these events correct?

26. ISO #26

27. ISO #27

OK. apparently this is just a troll game now with three sheriff claims.

You all did read the setup, right? The scum have no night kill, your wifom garbage is just throwing.
    Please don't accuse players who actually know how to play Mafia of throwing.

28. ISO #28

29. ISO #29

So I think I hooked scum!ceko here. The scenario not covered by Lag is Sheriff-CC being a Citizen (and that's what I did here). Ceko jumped at the opportunity to call out other 2 sheriff claims (1 probably real Blink, 1 fake -- mine) in order to push lynching Sheriff, then Citizen who is painted as scum for CC'ing Sheriff. That would result in a quick Mafia win.

Ceko sus

30. ISO #30

Ceko, you're the 3rd player to claim Sheriff, just because you used giant green leters and say I'm a liar doesn't really mean anything at all.

I claimed, PQR claimed right after me. now you come in and claim?

Do I have these events correct?
    Wait, ceko can't be sheriff

because I'm Sheriff

I get the fancy underline and bold too! Take that!

31. ISO #31

32. ISO #32

33. ISO #33

34. ISO #34

To ruin Lag's genius master plan, I offer a scenario not covered by Lag What is that scenario?

I'm the Sheriff
    What if the mafia just claimed sheriffs? Can we get 6 sheriff claims today pls?
    u just revealed here that ur intention was to get the real sheriff to reveal himself.
    wdym? if you were actually a sheriff, then wouldn't you say "i will thunderdome with the other sheriff claim like lag told me to." the fact you said this shows you can NOT be a sheriff.
    that a third person claims sheriff. how would you know this unless you were scum?

35. ISO #35

36. ISO #36

37. ISO #37

Calling people trolls and accusing people of throwing when they are just trying to play Mafia legit pisses me off, unless you're scum because I award scum points for that type of reading.
    There's literally an optimal strategy to play this setup, please tell me what purpose all these sheriff claims could have other than people just deciding to shit on the strategy I just posted and you said you agreed with

38. ISO #38

Quote Originally Posted by theoneceko View Post
    u just revealed here that ur intention was to get the real sheriff to reveal himself.
    wdym? if you were actually a sheriff, then wouldn't you say "i will thunderdome with the other sheriff claim like lag told me to." the fact you said this shows you can NOT be a sheriff.
    that a third person claims sheriff. how would you know this unless you were scum?
    Lag's strat/post assumes that if a CC is made to Sheriff role, then that CC is scum. Forgot to cover the case of Citizen CC'ing Sheriff.

39. ISO #39

Although Ceko would have to guess which of the faking Citizens is not sheriff, since lynching real Sheriff D1 is not optimal for scum in that case. But I confess, I am Citizen, so Ceko you should vote me as scum here ;)
    I understand why you said what you said in your prior post explaining what you thought of Ceko.

However, I'm not sure that I agree. Here's why..
    1. Scum would know it's 2 town and need to talk to their buddy in chat to see how to react. It wouldn't be an instant claim from scum.
    2. Why on earth would any scum in there right mind try and claim sheriff when they would know there's 2 town claiming sheriff. Sit back and profit.

40. ISO #40

You're looking at this way too hard LMFAO

If the real sheriff reveals and gets mislynched, town's chances of winning go up since that's one outed scum.

41. ISO #41

There's literally an optimal strategy to play this setup, please tell me what purpose all these sheriff claims could have other than people just deciding to shit on the strategy I just posted and you said you agreed with
    too lazy for math strategy
    math not fun
    i shall dis-integrate your strategy and use my own derivative

42. ISO #42

So I think I hooked scum!ceko here. The scenario not covered by Lag is Sheriff-CC being a Citizen (and that's what I did here). Ceko jumped at the opportunity to call out other 2 sheriff claims (1 probably real Blink, 1 fake -- mine) in order to push lynching Sheriff, then Citizen who is painted as scum for CC'ing Sheriff. That would result in a quick Mafia win.

Ceko sus
    i just said you can NOT be sheriff. i was about to explain this further, that you and blink probably can't be a team because that would literally be suicide.
    why wouldn't i say this if i was the real sheriff
    if blink gets lynched and flips sheriff, then i'll get lynched next. i don't see how my strategy, which you think is scummy, will lead to a "quick Mafia win."

43. ISO #43

44. ISO #44

I understand why you said what you said in your prior post explaining what you thought of Ceko.

However, I'm not sure that I agree. Here's why..
    1. Scum would know it's 2 town and need to talk to their buddy in chat to see how to react. It wouldn't be an instant claim from scum.
    2. Why on earth would any scum in there right mind try and claim sheriff when they would know there's 2 town claiming sheriff. Sit back and profit.
    scum!Ceko may make this play. If their lynch flips Citizen, then they will push to end the game by CCing the real Sheriff. If the lynch flips Sheriff, Ceko will say he was also Citizen and made another big brain play like his claiming Magus in the earlier setup.

45. ISO #45

I'd rather not discuss it at this point in time the significance of these sheriff claims.

I should have specified that I agreed with you ONLY on the fact Sheriff claiming right away increases towns WINRATE.

There were also some scenarios you left out of your "plan." FM isn't always so black and white, "Follow my plan and we win." Every player in the game can legitimately say that.

46. ISO #46

Quote Originally Posted by Varcron View Post
    You're looking at this way too hard LMFAO

If the real sheriff reveals and gets mislynched, town's chances of winning go up since that's one outed scum.
    Because you gotta keep in mind Ceko

4v2

Sheriff Mislynch= 3v2

Lynch fake sheriff claim= 3v1

Mislynch= 2v1

Mislynch #2 1v1 and scum win the tie

We need to mislynch literally 3 times in order to lose this game if I'm right.

47. ISO #47

it's not a meme vote.

I AM THE REAL SHERIFF.

TODAY WE LYNCH BLINKSKATER, THEN TOMORROW WE LYNCH PQRNHACK.
    perhaps i jumped the gun too fast here. i mean, in the mod you obviously want to lynch anyone that cc's mayor. i also wanted to follow lag's strategy, which pqr shred to pieces by fake-claiming sheriff.

however, pqr just recently got townpoints bc he claimed villager faking sheriff. this was literally at the moment when i was about to say blink and pqr probably can't be a team.

48. ISO #48

scum!Ceko may make this play. If their lynch flips Citizen, then they will push to end the game by CCing the real Sheriff. If the lynch flips Sheriff, Ceko will say he was also Citizen and made another big brain play like his claiming Magus in the earlier setup.
    I don't think that's the case with ceko here.

49. ISO #49

Yeah except there's no reason for him to try to make that play in a setup like this.

50. ISO #50