Inflation
Register

User Tag List

Thread: Inflation

1. ISO #1

Inflation

So something has been going on in America for a while. The price of literally everything is through the roof. Some of this is tied to a shortage in supply or workforce but everything that has absolutely no shortage at all have climbed in price as well which represents substantial inflation. Yet although the prices for most goods have have gone up by very substantial amounts the government has placed projected inflation at 2.4% for this year.

Michael Burry is that hedge fund manager who predicted the housing market collapse and bet an entire hedge fund against it making crazy money. He is doing so again betting on interest rates and inflation and has been banned from most social media for 'spreading panic;' basically saying when he blew the whistle last time nobody listened and he is doing so again and is being ignored.

I have been talking about my thoughts on interest rate hikes and inflation for months now but recently found an article showing Michael Burry has the same thoughts which makes me feel I am correct. Trump basically froze interest rates to artificially inflate the economy and Biden refused to hike them his first year with COVID because it would hurt the economy quite a bit. But my understanding is that its been 5-6 years that interest rate hikes were suppose to happen and have not.

I have a lot more thoughts on the subject but I wanted to see what others thought about it. A lot of big money is making moves right now anticipating some shit to go down next year. Heres that video on Michael Burry for those interested:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=81bM_ZUqpG4

2. ISO #2

Re: Inflation

hedge fund is cringe.

ppl are homeless while ppl have mega-mansions, which is even more cringe

i get that if u become homeless, ur probably not the best person to begin with, but it'd be ideal if things were more equal.

helz you are cringe

all conservatives are cringe

power-tripping and attack helicopter @oops_ur_dead is cringe
    power-tripping and "i don't give a fuck and am smarter than everyone" @Unknown1234 is cringe
    power-tripping and sitting-on-the-fence but still condones bullying @Stealthbomber16 is cringe

you're all fucking cringe.

i also bought a cute bunny today, it's so cute.

i wonder how many meltdowns will occur despite the fact i want to talk about the cute bunny i bought today

3. ISO #3

Quote Originally Posted by theoneceko View Post
    hedge fund is cringe.

ppl are homeless while ppl have mega-mansions, which is even more cringe

i get that if u become homeless, ur probably not the best person to begin with, but it'd be ideal if things were more equal.

helz you are cringe

all conservatives are cringe

power-tripping and attack helicopter @oops_ur_dead is cringe
    power-tripping and "i don't give a fuck and am smarter than everyone" @Unknown1234 is cringe
    power-tripping and sitting-on-the-fence but still condones bullying @Stealthbomber16 is cringe

you're all fucking cringe.

i also bought a cute bunny today, it's so cute.

i wonder how many meltdowns will occur despite the fact i want to talk about the cute bunny i bought today
    Right now I do have 0 sympathy for homeless in America. Any person can just stick their hand out and get over 2k a month in free unemployment without ever having worked. Being homeless is a lifestyle choice right now although I think I have rambled before about my thoughts of it being a counter culture I do not look down on; I simply don't believe it deserves 'pity.'

I think your just trolling and baiting though. On that note your bunny sounds delicious : )
    Last edited by Helz; May 28th, 2021 at 06:46 AM.

4. ISO #4

5. ISO #5

I've started investing (on top of saving for retirement) as my hedge against long term inflation. Nothing crazy with options, but a lot of index funds and no emotional trades, just invest and let it sit.

Interest rate hikes are going to happen and there will be some minor panic, but I think this will be buffeted by the large increase in consumer spending as the pandemic winds down, but I'm no economist.
    Last edited by Renegade; May 28th, 2021 at 07:12 AM.

6. ISO #6

Quote Originally Posted by Helz View Post
    Right now I do have 0 sympathy for homeless in America. Any person can just stick their hand out and get over 2k a month in free unemployment without ever having worked. Being homeless is a lifestyle choice right now although I think I have rambled before about my thoughts of it being a counter culture I do not look down on; I simply don't believe it deserves 'pity.'

I think your just trolling and baiting though. On that note your bunny sounds delicious : )
    don't eat my bunny ;W;

im glad that u can disagree with me without resorting to personal attacks

follow helz's example @oops_ur_dead , instead of getting offended and resorting to personal attacks. i'm being nice here, u want me to be meaner?? personal attacks vs personal attacks, do u rly want to go down that route again?

i wouldn't mind political threads here if it wasn't for the fact that it usually ends in a bunch of man-children screaming at each other. well i guess since i'm also an adult i should have the MATURITY to hold a civil discussion. which i can as long as trolls don't flood the thread ¯\_(ツ)_/¯