Home theatre setup question
Register

User Tag List

1. ISO #1

Home theatre setup question

i have a samsung q950t soundbar and a lg cx tv. the tv does not support DTS audio so I need a way to play my movies that have DTS audio without transcoding it. i want to know if the following setup will work

nvidia shield -> soundbar -> (via earc) cx
    ps4 -> cx

im hoping to play DTS content through the shield -> soundbar connection since they both support DTS. so im thinking that the shield sends the video and audio to the soundbar, then the video carries through the soundbar into the tv. the video being carried through the soundbar is where im not sure?
    Last edited by rumox; May 7th, 2021 at 04:47 AM.

2. ISO #2

Re: Home theatre setup question

Quote Originally Posted by rumox View Post
    i have a samsung q950t soundbar and a lg cx tv. the tv does not support DTS audio so I need a way to play my movies that have DTS audio without transcoding it. i want to know if the following setup will work

nvidia shield -> soundbar -> (via earc) cx
    ps4 -> cx

im hoping to play DTS content through the shield -> soundbar connection since they both support DTS. so im thinking that the shield sends the video and audio to the soundbar, then the video carries through the soundbar into the tv. the video being carried through the soundbar is where im not sure?
    it is possible to do what you are asking but not ideal since now you'd also need to ensure the soundbar supports video passthrough of all the latest standards itself.

One solution i can suggest is use hdmi to connect your ps4 to the tv and then use an optical cord to connect the ps4 to the soundbar. And then you don't need the shield.
    Have you ever heard the tragedy of Darth Jar Jar the wise?