Pinocchio
Register

User Tag List

Thread: Pinocchio

1. ISO #1

Pinocchio

This is something kinda random but I was studying different technology in lie detection today and came across one called 'transdermal imaging' which tracked blood flow below the skin as a successful and proven detection technique (to some degree.) One commonly voiced tell is how blood drains from under the eyes and fills in the nose during a lie.

What immediately popped in my head was Pinocchio. The connection to changes in the nose and lying was made wayyy before we had any real understanding of this concept. It makes me wonder if we have some understanding about our bodys on a very subconscious level.

Sure it could be a very specific freak coincidence but I feel like there is some connection there thats intriguing the fuck out of me.
    Last edited by Helz; April 4th, 2021 at 03:46 PM.

2. ISO #2

Re: Pinocchio

Quote Originally Posted by Helz View Post
    One commonly voiced tell is how blood drains from under the eyes and fills in the nose during a lie.
    Not enough to make the nose red though, right?
    What about cheeks? Those get red easier imho. What about sweating? Sudde overly sweating when lying I think is a Movie/Cartoon/TV thing.

3. ISO #3

Quote Originally Posted by OzyWho View Post
    Not enough to make the nose red though, right?
    What about cheeks? Those get red easier imho. What about sweating? Sudde overly sweating when lying I think is a Movie/Cartoon/TV thing.
    Im not sure. It was the absolute strongest tell (to my limited understanding) using transdermal imaging to track blood flow. I have no idea if you can notice it in person... yet : )

If you are looking to get into more the most effective stuff I know for in person deception look into Neuro Linguistic Programming and Micro Expressions on the idiosyncratic side. For more general theres tons of body language stuff although I mostly pick up on pre-attack indicators. Pacifying behaviors seem to be a strong one although I dont have the understanding or experience to talk about that myself. A detective I talked to for a while was very adamant that they are extremely effective and given its what he does for a living I assume its a decent voice to go on.

Hopefully this time next year I will have found the time to get the understanding I want of these things although right now I am still trying to figure out how much I dont know. Kinda part of what yesterday was about. I figured learning about what deception detecting technology was trying to do would be the cleanest way to understand whats formally recognized and exactly how it works.
    Last edited by Helz; April 5th, 2021 at 02:16 AM.

4. ISO #4

So basically, something our bodies do that we are unaware of, yet we have replicated a similar idea in the past because we are subconsciously aware of it?

I think the pinocchio part is just pure coincidence. Or comes from a more way to detect lies, like face movements or reactions.

I love showing people their Blinds pot. Put a small X and O on a piece of paper, cover one eye and with your other focus on the O whilst moving the paper slowly forward and there is a point where the X disappears completely from your sight.

The Human body is amazing yet so terribly inefficient and I can not understand why people believe that someone could and would design such a shit show.
    Cryptonic made this sig

Quote Originally Posted by HentaiManOfPeace View Post
    gotchu fam

Attachment 28016

5. ISO #5

6. ISO #6

Quote Originally Posted by SuperJack View Post
    So basically, something our bodies do that we are unaware of, yet we have replicated a similar idea in the past because we are subconsciously aware of it?

I think the pinocchio part is just pure coincidence. Or comes from a more way to detect lies, like face movements or reactions.

I love showing people their Blinds pot. Put a small X and O on a piece of paper, cover one eye and with your other focus on the O whilst moving the paper slowly forward and there is a point where the X disappears completely from your sight.

The Human body is amazing yet so terribly inefficient and I can not understand why people believe that someone could and would design such a shit show.
    You are probably right. A bunch of strange shit was bouncing around in my head like eastern medicine acupuncture that recognized 'energy' and such but manipulates blood flow. But my mind is honestly just reaching. I just feel like very often we 're-discover' some shit people understood a thousand years ago with primitive technology and only realize thats what they knew after we rediscover the idea with modern technology.

It cracks me up you do that. I do the exact same thing with thumbs. That moment when you see peoples minds light up as they discover they had a blind spot is something I very much enjoy.

Hold your arms out in front of you thumbs up and together
    Close your right eye
    Move your left hand to the left while focusing on your Right thumb and it will disappear on you.

^Might save you some paper : )

-edit Meant to say your left thumb will disappear on you. You gotta use your peripheral vision though
    Last edited by Helz; April 5th, 2021 at 03:15 PM.

7. ISO #7

8. ISO #8

9. ISO #9

10. ISO #10

Petition for new rule: if you pick the default site-provided angry dragon ball avatar, you get banned
    Quote Originally Posted by The Lawyer View Post
    Besides your lamp and your refridgerators, do you find anyone else suspicious?
    Quote Originally Posted by oliverz144 View Post
    it looks like many, e.g. MM and lag, suffered under the influence of paopan. However there is a victim: frinckles. He left the path of rationality and fully dived into the parallel reality of baby shark, king shark, and soviet union pizzas.
    Spoiler : The meaning of life :

11. ISO #11

12. ISO #12

I do not judge what I do not understand
    it looks like many, e.g. MM and lag, suffered under the influence of paopan. However there is a victim: frinckles. He left the path of rationality and fully dived into the parallel reality of baby shark, king shark, and soviet union pizzas.

13. ISO #13

14. ISO #14

Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    Do you not judge serial killers?
    I knew someone would say something like that and wanted to edit in "as long as it is not contrary to my morals"... I probably should have.