Let's challenge SSCU Trench Wars
Register

User Tag List

1. ISO #1

Let's challenge SSCU Trench Wars

Reading through some of "SSCU Trench Wars Forums" mafia championship invitation thread, I get the notion that they seem to think that they're the most let's say 'free spirited' community if you catch my drift.

@Marshmallow Marshall
    Would it be possible for us to get together a dream team with people like PTB, Bruno, Banana - and all that good stuff - and pay them a visit on the purpose of challenging them who's more toxic?

Our identity as a community is at stake!

/s
    Last edited by OzyWho; May 1st, 2021 at 10:14 AM.

2. ISO #2

3. ISO #3

Re: Let's challenge SSCU Trench Wars

Lol I do catch your drift, and I can't say I'm unhappy we've moved slightly farther from that kind of, uh, "free-spiritedness" while retaining what makes us unique (better "free-spiritedness"!)

I wouldn't make that a site event, but y'know, it's not like we can restrict them from their free will on unrelated sites ;).
    Who knows, I may pay them a visit and see, though. "Hey, I'm a random guy who doesn't play whatever your forum is about, and I come to play mafia" sounds good.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Lawyer View Post
    Besides your lamp and your refridgerators, do you find anyone else suspicious?
    Quote Originally Posted by oliverz144 View Post
    it looks like many, e.g. MM and lag, suffered under the influence of paopan. However there is a victim: frinckles. He left the path of rationality and fully dived into the parallel reality of baby shark, king shark, and soviet union pizzas.
    Spoiler : The meaning of life :

4. ISO #4

I love their representatives ISO in their game: https://www.mafiauniverse.com/forums...st&showposts=1
    Idk, it's just so relaxing to read. And surprisingly civil with no swear words.

(note that it's an ongoing game and therefore shouldn't be talked about)

Wrt that game, I personally want to see if Flash Flash Revolution gets to Finals again; the only community to get there every season thus far. Certainly a competitive looking qualifier game.
    Last edited by OzyWho; June 2nd, 2021 at 01:25 AM. Reason: Link fix

5. ISO #5

Quote Originally Posted by OzyWho View Post
    I love their representatives ISO in their game: https://www.mafiauniverse.com/forums...rchid=11230123
    Idk, it's just so relaxing to read. And surprisingly civil with no swear words.

(note that it's an ongoing game and therefore shouldn't be talked about)

Wrt that game, I personally want to see if Flash Flash Revolution gets to Finals again; the only community to get there every season thus far. Certainly a competitive looking qualifier game.
    ?!?! uwu

6. ISO #6

7. ISO #7

Quote Originally Posted by Helz View Post
    Although this would be funny I do not know if competing to be the 'most toxic' is a great idea. I do love some cross community games but this sounds like a goal to create a negative interaction..
    My personal opinion is that we're still pretty toxic

8. ISO #8

9. ISO #9

But now it's contested though.
    It's like someone stealing our identity.
    Is that an identity we want though?

I am happy our community has grown. Our staff is no longer a boys club on power trips and our members are generally more accepting and tolerant. Honestly if we had embraced a better culture long ago I bet the community would be much larger than it is now.

If I was going to compete for the title of 'top troll' I would probably try to figure out a way to do it in a positive way. Mutual pranks or clever tricks instead of picking a fight with a community of trolls for who can be the least enjoyable human being.

10. ISO #10

But now it's contested though.
    It's like someone stealing our identity.
    Lol. FWIW I looked at one of their threads and they didn’t seem that toxic to me. They just throw obscenities at one another like its nothing.

11. ISO #11

Their representative got permbanned
    https://www.mafiauniverse.com/forums...31#post4975831

Edit: checking their champs thread post Voth ban, they really are just toxic without trying to be better..
    I guess our community really did mature. Because even at the Helz ban we mostly joked about ourselves "if Helz got banned for bigotry then I'd get banned for neo Nazism" - and Helz's ban was less reasonable by comparison.
    Last edited by OzyWho; June 24th, 2021 at 04:29 AM.

12. ISO #12

Dunno I looked at the game Voth was in and I agree with him 100%, people post far too much fluff on MU. It makes the game very hard for no reason.

It's also funny because the reason they banned him was "homophobic/transphobic" comments made by him... but they were literally made on the SSCU site rofl

13. ISO #13

14. ISO #14

Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    Dunno I looked at the game Voth was in and I agree with him 100%, people post far too much fluff on MU. It makes the game very hard for no reason.
    I feel like many of their more reputable players bounce between theory crafting and mechanical hunting with little consideration for raw analysis. Gets pretty old when you have to read hundreds of posts saying “How about Bob, Chris, and Zach for the scum team” with next to no analysis.

Not surprised on the MU ban btw. I get the impression some of the mods see themselves as some kind of social justice warriors looking for a soap box to justify being shitty to another person.

15. ISO #15

16. ISO #16

17. ISO #17

Quote Originally Posted by Helz View Post
    I feel like many of their more reputable players bounce between theory crafting and mechanical hunting with little consideration for raw analysis. Gets pretty old when you have to read hundreds of posts saying “How about Bob, Chris, and Zach for the scum team” with next to no analysis.

Not surprised on the MU ban btw. I get the impression some of the mods see themselves as some kind of social justice warriors looking for a soap box to justify being shitty to another person.
    I think the Mafia community has an obsession with controlling people. I've been in other communities and staff drama was extremely uncommon in most other places lol...

18. ISO #18

Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    I wanted to sign up for a game on their site, but they don't really play that much Mafia. The last FM was in January.
    On MU? I thought they were biggest moofia site.

Also am NOT surprised analysis is not a part of their games LOL

19. ISO #19

The majority of MU's staff are awesome people though.
    It's just the moderation team that deserves criticism. And even they are mostly cool people. But the way I see it, the problem is those few who aren't 'cool' in combination with the rest of them never objecting anything because, you see, they first and foremost recruited as staff those that agreed with everything they did to begin with. Then those get corrupted perhaps?
    The moderation team changes often, but never the very old ones. I reckon there has to be a reason for it.

I like that every decision they make has to be pretty much agreed upon by everyone from the moderation team.
    The problem is that they recruit only those who only agreed with them to begin with.

20. ISO #20

21. ISO #21

22. ISO #22

23. ISO #23

perhaps!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Lawyer View Post
    Besides your lamp and your refridgerators, do you find anyone else suspicious?
    Quote Originally Posted by oliverz144 View Post
    it looks like many, e.g. MM and lag, suffered under the influence of paopan. However there is a victim: frinckles. He left the path of rationality and fully dived into the parallel reality of baby shark, king shark, and soviet union pizzas.
    Spoiler : The meaning of life :

24. ISO #24

25. ISO #25