The future "racism"
Register

User Tag List

Threaded View

1. ISO #1

The future "racism"

I put "racism" in quotation marks because that's not what it is but it's thy closest word I could think of.

According to this site, the number of neurodivergents (in that case - autistics) is slowly increasing: (albeit that's not the point of the article, but it's what I take away from)
    2000 1 in 150
    2002 1 in 150
    2004 1 in 125
    2006 1 in 110
    2008 1 in 88
    2010 1 in 68
    2012 1 in 69
    2014 1 in 59
    2016 1 in 54

Just imagine a scenario where let's say in 1000 years, for example, 1/3rd of people would be neurodivergant. How would the people handle it? Would they be more mature than people nowadays? Or they couldn't help themselves but secretly talk about the neurodivergents behind their backs, which would lead to "looking at them weird" - one thing leads to another and VOILA a new kind of "racism" emerges! And then even further in the future, suddenly the neurotypicals are in the minority and it's all in reverse.

I find it a funny scenario to think about.

By the way, if you guys don't mind me asking, which do you think is more politically correct? Identity first language vs people first? Autistic person or person with autism?
    Last edited by OzyWho; April 27th, 2021 at 06:14 AM. Reason: Forgot the link