Citizen
    Citizen
    Citizen
    Citizen
    Citizen

Vengeful Spirit
    You share a day chat with the other Spirits
    You have power in the vote
    You do not have a factional kill but you can kill a Townie if you get lynched. (If you nor your allies pick a target within 8 hours, a target will be randomized)
    Citizen
    You have power in the vote
    Special Mechanics
    None

Mechanics
    Days last 48 hours or when a lynch occurs
    Nightless
    The Spirits share a chat.
    Roles are revealed upon death
    No last will, death notes or skip
    Lynches will be handled by the automated lynch system using [vote] tags, with a 51% hammer. If no lynch occurs then the player with the most votes will be lynched.
    If a tie in the votes exist, a random player that shares the highest vote will be lynched.
    Game starts day 1, with lynch.
    Suicide will not be allowed.

OoO
    1. Day start
    2. Lynch
    3. Day end
    4. Vengeful Kill
    5. Repeat

Win Conditions
    Spirits: Wins at parity.
    Town: Wins when only 1 Spirit is alive.

Rules
    1. Forum Mafia Rules
    2. Each player may make a maximum of 100 posts per day phase (this restriction is lifted 2 hours before day end).

Spoiler : Setup notes :

Setup notes
    ♦ When a Spirit dies, "Vengeful Kill" is not skippable in OoO.
    Town requires 3 correct lynches to win; Spirits requires 5 mislynches to win.
    ♦ Games can last anywhere between 3 game days and 7.

Suggestions for Hosts
    ♦ 14 IRL days of Nightless could potentially be unhealthy. Giving players the option, in the signups, to vote for a Night "Break" Phase might be wise.
    ♦ Same for the post count limit.
    Last edited by OzyWho; April 25th, 2021 at 11:56 PM.

2. ISO #2

Re: S-FM: MM's Cringe (13p)

@Marshmallow Marshall
    *inserts a joke about "no death notes" of the original black flag nightless setup page*

Honestly, shouldn't this mechanically be better than black flag nightless? The setup in itself is not because of the sheer game length + nightless that it presents, but mechanically I do think it's superior to black flag in the sense that it's more "normal" and more fair towards the Mafia.

3. ISO #3

Re: S-FM: TBD (13p)

Vengeful mafia are very annoying to play against in my humble opinion: they punish you for being right - and the punishment is harsh, since the target is very likely going to be a towncore member. Having every mafia be vengeful is the epitome of annoyance lol. I'd rather see a one-use factional daykill the Mafia may use anytime they want than two vengekills: it gives the Mafia more freedom with strategies and timing while not punishing Town for being right. Thoughts?

As for the close comparison with Black Flag, it is not appropriate: Black Flag is a completely kill-free game and is about townhunting and PoE-making instead of scumhunting. This is a different setup with a different intent.

Is voting for skip allowed? Please specify. I strongly recommend disallowing skip to avoid an unending game lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Lawyer View Post
    Besides your lamp and your refridgerators, do you find anyone else suspicious?
    Quote Originally Posted by oliverz144 View Post
    it looks like many, e.g. MM and lag, suffered under the influence of paopan. However there is a victim: frinckles. He left the path of rationality and fully dived into the parallel reality of baby shark, king shark, and soviet union pizzas.
    Spoiler : The meaning of life :

4. ISO #4

Quote Originally Posted by Marshmallow Marshall View Post
    Thoughts?
    That's a viable alternative.
    Maximum day count would be 8. That's a lot even for non-nightless. (But so is 7)
    The number of mislynches mafia must produce is between 4 and 6, whilst town always has to get 3? 4 is mafia favored while 6 is Town favored, I prefer a constant 5. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Other than the change from 2 kills to 1 kill, I can't think of any reason why regular day kill would be less annoying or punishing or whatever than vengeful kill.

Is voting for skip allowed? Please specify.
    Done
    Last edited by OzyWho; April 22nd, 2021 at 11:31 AM.

5. ISO #5

Quote Originally Posted by OzyWho View Post
    That's a viable alternative.
    Maximum day count would be 8. That's a lot even for non-nightless. (But so is 7)
    The number of mislynches mafia must produce is between 4 and 6, whilst town always has to get 3? 4 is mafia favored while 6 is Town favored, I prefer a constant 5. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Other than the change from 2 kills to 1 kill, I can't think of any reason why regular day kill would be less annoying or punishing or whatever than vengeful kill.

Done
    Because vengeful kill punishes town for being right. And of course, because there are two kills, yes. It also is more controllable by the scum, and this can create interesting plays. If you choose to do that, you'll have to specify what happens with the vote of the daykilled player and what happens with the amount of votes necessary to reach majority when a daykill happens, by the way.
    it looks like many, e.g. MM and lag, suffered under the influence of paopan. However there is a victim: frinckles. He left the path of rationality and fully dived into the parallel reality of baby shark, king shark, and soviet union pizzas.

6. ISO #6

Because vengeful kill punishes town for being right.
    So too would the day kill if they chose to use like that?

Anyways, I prefer the more stable and balanced and simpler path of venge kill over day kill.

I think you just want it be closer to BFN by having 1 kill less.
    Would it help if we didn't compare the setup to BFN anymore, or that this's an attempt to fix my issues with it, but instead view it as a brand new setup?
    With the setup idea being:
    Usually the way a game of Mafia progresses is that the best Townies get killed at night and in the end the game gets decided between the low-mid Townies vs best Wolves. A good Wolf can singlehandedly win the game whilst a good Townie can't.

For the purpose of giving everyone the best opportunity to shine, what if make the setup nightless? That way the best player can carry their team regardless of alignment.
    The main problem with nightless is that a simple act of bussing would give too much credit to a Wolf because nobody would be suspicious of them not dying (since they can't be killed).
    To resolve this problem of bussing being overpowered, we then make it so that at least 2 Wolves need to survive to win. Now everything's fair.

One last change is needed though. Forcing the wolves to have to out-towncore the towncore isn't exactly normal. For this reason - make the wolves be Vengeful, meaning that if a wolf gets lynched then they get to pick to kill a townie of choice.

The main of this setup was to give everyone the best opportunity to shine

Would you say it's better nightless or with nights but without faction kill? And would it be better for town or for scum, that "break phase"? Scum can plan, but town can analyze.
    Last edited by OzyWho; April 23rd, 2021 at 10:14 AM.

7. ISO #7

So too would the day kill if they chose to use like that?

Anyways, I prefer the more stable and balanced and simpler path of venge kill over day kill.

I think you just want it be closer to BFN by having 1 kill less.
    Would it help if we didn't compare the setup to BFN anymore, or that this's an attempt to fix my issues with it, but instead view it as a brand new setup?
    With the setup idea being:
    Lol ok, it's up to you; it doesn't make the setup unplayable, just less fun in my humble opinion. And it had nothing to do with BFN. As I said, this setup already has nothing to do with it because you don't like BFN's spirit.

Would you say it's better nightless or with nights but without faction kill?
    Nights without any actions would only be excuses to let the game die, especially if scum have a permanent chat anyway.

And would it be better for town or for scum, that "break phase"? Scum can plan, but town can analyze.
    I think breaks are equally beneficial to town and scum. The difference between the benefits is not significant imo.

8. ISO #8

In the current setup, town has 4 mislynches available. This seems fair for a mountainous-vengeful game with permanent scumchat. Necessary information is there. Do you wish the setup to be approved as it is right now? And if you do, do you wish to be added to the Queue?

9. ISO #9

In the current setup, town has 4 mislynches available. This seems fair for a mountainous-vengeful game with permanent scumchat. Necessary information is there. Do you wish the setup to be approved as it is right now? And if you do, do you wish to be added to the Queue?
    Remind me in.. ugh.. 20-30 days or something.

10. ISO #10

Remind me in.. ugh.. 20-30 days or something.
    Lol ok, I'm going to approve it as it is right now and I'll change it back if you want to change it later. And I'll remind you, don't you worry ;)

11. ISO #11

Btw, got any suggestions for name?
    I'm thinking "Nightless Witch-hunt" after renaming mafia to witch. Or "Ghostbusters" after renaming Mafia to Spirit. Or "Retaliation" because it's a cool sounding word.
    But they're all awful ideas.

Edit: "Jester Hunt", where vengeful mafia are Evil Jesters?
    Last edited by OzyWho; April 23rd, 2021 at 10:43 AM.

12. ISO #12

Btw, got any suggestions for name?
    I'm thinking "Nightless Witch-hunt" after renaming mafia to witch. Or "Ghostbusters" after renaming Mafia to Spirit. Or "Retaliation" because it's a cool sounding word.
    But they're all awful ideas.

Edit: "Jester Hunt", where vengeful mafia are Evil Jesters?
    I love Ghostbusters. Just imagine the ridiculous RP and lore it'd allow for

13. ISO #13

14. ISO #14

Re: Ghostbusters (13p)

@Marshmallow Marshall
    I changed the setup name and Mafias's name, just ftr.
    I didn't add the S-FM tag in the title because I thought it looks better without it and there are many others who don't have it so I guess it's ok.
    Sure, np with that.