Opinion: Once the current BLM fervour ends people will just go back to the way they were - Page 2
Register

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 51 to 83 of 83
  1. #51

    Re: Opinion: Once the current BLM fervour ends people will just go back to the way they were

    Quote Originally Posted by OzyWho View Post
    Cool, thank you, but I was asking more about your use of the word. Could you elaborate on it?

    Spoiler : We shouldn't overreact. :

    Ohh xD sorry
    It's a reference to Don Quixote.

    I wouldn't call anything about racism an overreaction. There's the part about seeing racism where there isn't any and actually harming the fight against racism by adding windmills to fight and by destroying the weapon that would allow us to fight racism: debate. And there's the part about people reacting to this. It's not an overreaction to say censorship is bad and even harms the purpose; in fact, it's a necessary reaction. The issue lies in the use of this reaction by people who don't want equality for all humans, or who want it through strange means that cannot work, like "let the free market deal with everything".

    The reason of the existence of society is to create a better life (better survival and better happiness) for everyone. If it weren't, humans would have remained solitary or would have lived in small groups; society exists because the social contract is beneficial to humans. Starting from there, it's obvious we should care about fighting racism: it harms the objective of society, and therefore harms the objective of human beings (the objectives of society and of human beings are the same, as long as you keep the meaning of society defined above).

    What you called "don't overreact" is in fact "don't pervert society", "work towards its goal". I'm not advocating for a middle ground between "caring" and "not caring", but rather for a radical approach to the betterment of mankind. Why? Because if human life has a goal inherent to itself, it certainly starts with making humans' lives better. And if it doesn't have a goal inherent to itself, then humans should enjoy enjoyment itself. In either scenario, this approach is the right one. Note that I am not pretending to know the precise path to salvation for all of mankind. I am simply pointing at the broad direction where that path should be, according to the information that is available to us, humans.
    Spoiler : Quotes :
    Quote Originally Posted by S-FM Hey peter View Post
    There are two wolves inside you. One is addicted to crack. The other one is also addicted to crack. You are addicted to crack.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stealthbomber16 View Post
    MM IS AN ANTI-VAXXER
    Quote Originally Posted by BananaCucho View Post
    Mallow are you really an anti vaxxer
    Quote Originally Posted by The Lawyer View Post
    Besides your lamp and your refridgerators, do you find anyone else suspicious?
    Quote Originally Posted by Renegade View Post
    God is a goofy loser.

  2. #52

    Re: Opinion: Once the current BLM fervour ends people will just go back to the way they were

    Quote Originally Posted by OzyWho View Post
    Like what do you think of this scene?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VBYiVoNwzQo

    Black guys in the 80s dressed up as gangsters, getting "randomly questioned" when in a respectable neighborhood.
    I bet you they wouldn't be treated as criminals if they didn't dress as such, yet some bystander assumes it's only because they're black even though the policeman stopping them was black. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    i might feel surprised seeing ppl dressed like they're from the hood in a respectable neighborhood, but the fact they got questioned for standing around is absolutely ridiculous. what's truly sad is the ppl who were questioned are aspiring ARTISTS, not troublemakers. they're ppl who can create a generation of black wealth. ppl who can lift blacks out of poverty.

    there's no need to police ppl that are climbing up the social ranks through legitimate means. which is exactly what these artists are doing. many ppl associate the way these ppl dress with poverty and crime-filled neighborhoods, but maybe getting rid of those thoughts will make it easier for blacks to climb up. Honestly, I think that makes no sense, but if the BLM protests reduced police brutality, maybe this can work as well. Will blacks rise out of poverty if they no longer get policed? It's possible.

    Based on my interactions with black people, I know that pretty much all of them hate the police. I never asked them why, but they do. I know there are officers who do some really shitty things to black people, which makes the police look less like officers of the peace and more like playground bullies creating divides by keeping the black community down, and I know there are black people who kill police officers. I linked a statistic showing that more black people kill police officers than police officers kill unarmed black males. What I didn't mention is the amount of harassment blacks have to deal with from police. I feel like statistics on that are pretty hard to believe, because you've to wonder how the fuck that can be measured, but I'm reasonably certain that black people deal with a lot of shit from police just because of their skin color and culture. I need to see an instance of police harassment towards a black person in real life where I can analyze the context around the situation to my heart's content before I'm fully certain. Otherwise, I just feel like I'm regurgitating words that promote a liberal agenda.

    However, I've to address how the black officer was the one who approached them first. I could honestly be in the wrong here. Maybe I should advocate for black people to get their shit together and start acting like other races that are financially successful.

    In the end, I'm just going to go back to my original point. Black people aren't helpless. They can solve their problems on their own, and they're the ones who know best on how to deal with police. There's something really wrong and nasty about some BLM protests being majority-white. Anyways. I've been racist toward blacks in two ways. I spoke out against their movement and I spoke FOR them, even though BLM is their movement. I should never get praise or glory for helping the poor black person. Because being helpless isn't a trait that is confined to one race. Thinking that, in my opinion, is extremely racist. I know there are people that want to help, and they can do it without looking down on whoever they're helping, but I don't think I can do that. I just want to see people who are stronger, harder-working, and more self-sufficient than me.

    God, arguing for the left is so hard for me, because I legitimately have liberal views but had to write so many liberal-sounding essays for my liberal high school teacher that I can't be authentically Democratic. I hate being forced to do shit.
    "The child must have a valuable thing which is called imagination. The child must have a secret world in which live things that never were. It is necessary that he believe. He must start out believing in things not of this world. Then, when the world becomes too ugly for living in, the child can reach back and live in his imagination. I, myself, even in this day and age, have great need of this. Only by having imagination in my mind can I live beyond what I have to live for.”

  3. #53

    Re: Opinion: Once the current BLM fervour ends people will just go back to the way they were

    Why do white people "supposedly" like the police? Like I'm white and I've never had a single positive interaction with them. All I've had is paranoia and unwelcome questioning from being around them. In any situation where I sought out their help for anything (such as when my shit got stolen or my car got fucked up and I knew who did it), they did jack shit except write a "report" because they can't be fucked to actually help people. I've never actually heard of a single instance from anyone I know where the police has helped them.

    Thats why I can't stand bootlickers who unwaveringly lend their support to the police. I recognize the importance of law and of police unholding law. But the average officer and PD is lazy and can't be fucked to actually do anything. Though it's a clichéd thing to say, their duty is to protect the state, not you.

    But then reactionaries will oppose police reform just because its black people wanting it, and they can't stand something not being centered around muh white dick. I've never seen opposition to any police reform points, just ridiculous statements like "well if you look at the facts the cops only murder and brutalize 100 more black people a year than white people which is like 1% so really the whole movement is dumb". Absolutely braindead. I guess maybe it's a bit of a PR issue that they labelled themselves Black Lives Matter but I can't blame them for not being able to foresee just how much reactionary Conservatives are absolute pussies that they can't stand any mention of black people.
    Last edited by oops_ur_dead; April 24th, 2021 at 05:21 AM.

  4. #54

    Re: Opinion: Once the current BLM fervour ends people will just go back to the way they were

    I find myself agreeing with Ozy in that I don't believe politicians are really pushing some crazy conspiracy theory that they don't believe in; but it does make you wonder. Politicians are just people, and they get elected by the general populace, so it's not like they're necessarily the most competent, but what about people in the private sector, who probably didn't get to the top by being dumb? Do they really believe in the shit they sometimes say?
    Last edited by Oberon; April 24th, 2021 at 05:35 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Huey The Long View Post
    Naz will die, i can promise you this, i visited there home, i shared the wealth, placed my book on their nightstand and said every man a king 3 times so they will die from my glorious contagion of my political program
    Quote Originally Posted by Blinkstorteddd02 View Post
    You sure you dont want to lynch Voss again? he may flip scum this time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Distorted View Post
    mags my highest townread and i think hes scum.
    Quote Originally Posted by GoatseOntheCupboard View Post
    NOT TOWN = NOT INNOCENT

  5. #55

    Re: Opinion: Once the current BLM fervour ends people will just go back to the way they were

    Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    I find myself agreeing with Ozy in that I don't believe politicians are really pushing some crazy conspiracy theory that they don't believe in; but it does make you wonder. Politicians are just people, and they get elected by the general populace, so it's not like they're necessarily the most competent, but what about people in the private sector, who probably didn't get to the top by being dumb? Do they really believe in the shit they sometimes say?
    I disagree. People who got to the top in the private sector got there through office politics, the same way that politicians supposedly did. The voter base is different, of course.

    You're too optimistic about the state of industry if you think anyone gets anywhere due to merit. Even in highly technical roles, you have to be able to communicate effectively and play the politics game. Contrary to popular belief among star-eyed university students who haven't gotten their first job yet, the loner code monkey who sits in his cubicle and writes beautiful code for 10 hours a day isn't going to get promoted.

    This is even moreso for non technical roles like C-level executives and directors.

    But then this comes from the oft-held belief that STEM is the only measure of intelligence and things like social intelligence or communication aren't real forms of "intelligence", and someone who is skilled in those things but not in STEM is dumb. I think politicians and people in high-held roles in the private sector are generally quite intelligent for this reason, assuming they're successful in their endeavours. There are exceptions, of course.
    Last edited by oops_ur_dead; April 24th, 2021 at 05:38 AM.

  6. #56

    Re: Opinion: Once the current BLM fervour ends people will just go back to the way they were

    Quote Originally Posted by oops_ur_dead View Post
    But then this comes from the oft-held belief that STEM is the only measure of intelligence and things like social intelligence or communication aren't real forms of "intelligence", and someone who is skilled in those things but not in STEM is dumb. I think politicians and people in high-held roles in the private sector are generally quite intelligent for this reason, assuming they're successful in their endeavours. There are exceptions, of course.
    I certainly believe there is some measure of truth to this. For a very long time I have taken a real issue with how intelligence is measured and I feel that its very unfair to glorify the classic blend of pattern recognition, memory and measured understanding of formal educational material in ratio to peers that makes up the overwhelming majority of IQ tests.

    On the other hand I do feel politics has been turning away from the candidate and towards the 'image' a group sells and assigns to the face. Honestly I think a big reason Trump ever got in Office was that he was a blathering assclown but a real person while it was painfully obvious Hillary was just selling a fake image tailored to garnish votes. Even things like a 'Debate' are starting to be gamed with teams 'Fact checking' and making messages to throw on the screen to support a candidate instead requiring the individual to use their wit and intelligence to push their points and deflate their opponents. In this way I feel that high power positions are shifting away from requiring the sort of social intelligence your describing (although more so in politics and the 'Board member' sort of corporate politics.)

  7. #57

    Re: Opinion: Once the current BLM fervour ends people will just go back to the way they were

    There's more to intelligence than just being a nerd. Not every intelligent person is a nerd who studies in the library for 20 hours. But I agree, the dude who spends 40 hours in his cubicle doing random math shit isn't necessarily gonna be the one to be promoted.

    After all, that's not what CEOs do. I doubt whether Musk or Steve Jobs were those kinds of people tbh.

    If you're a CEO at a major company - you have to be (reasonably) intelligent to manage your company and ensure profit.
    Last edited by Oberon; April 24th, 2021 at 07:15 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Huey The Long View Post
    Naz will die, i can promise you this, i visited there home, i shared the wealth, placed my book on their nightstand and said every man a king 3 times so they will die from my glorious contagion of my political program
    Quote Originally Posted by Blinkstorteddd02 View Post
    You sure you dont want to lynch Voss again? he may flip scum this time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Distorted View Post
    mags my highest townread and i think hes scum.
    Quote Originally Posted by GoatseOntheCupboard View Post
    NOT TOWN = NOT INNOCENT

  8. #58

    Re: Opinion: Once the current BLM fervour ends people will just go back to the way they were

    Quote Originally Posted by Helz View Post
    in ratio to peers that makes up the overwhelming majority of IQ tests.
    Idk what IQ tests you've been taking, but I'm pretty sure they test only 1 thing and 1 thing alone - pattern recognition.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    from time to time, I act very much like a normal person.

  9. #59

    Re: Opinion: Once the current BLM fervour ends people will just go back to the way they were

    Quote Originally Posted by OzyWho View Post
    Idk what IQ tests you've been taking, but I'm pretty sure they test only 1 thing and 1 thing alone - pattern recognition.
    Not at all. When I was in like the 1st grade my school gave a general one to everyone. In my class myself and 1 other kid got pulled out for more. I don't know if the other kids was the same but mine went on for some period of time each day for a week. Although I could not say what the test was the thing I scored absolutely off the charts on was them reading a series of numbers to me and having me say the numbers back to them in reverse order. They also extensively quizzed me on random knowledge, I particularly remember them asking about questions about presidents and I would answer 'I dont know' and the lady would ask me to guess anyways and I would get it right.

    To my limited understanding one reason most IQ tests ask for your age and education level is to put you in ratio to your peers. Most I have messed with also run through basic math which has little to do with pattern recognition.

    Its an interesting subject to dig into but I am pretty against trying to quantify intelligence as a standard. It glorifies a specific type of intelligence while invalidating another and basically calls people stupid or 'average' which is a terrible thing to do, especially with children.

  10. #60

    Re: Opinion: Once the current BLM fervour ends people will just go back to the way they were

    Yes, I think I remember taking something like that in high school.
    Quote Originally Posted by Huey The Long View Post
    Naz will die, i can promise you this, i visited there home, i shared the wealth, placed my book on their nightstand and said every man a king 3 times so they will die from my glorious contagion of my political program
    Quote Originally Posted by Blinkstorteddd02 View Post
    You sure you dont want to lynch Voss again? he may flip scum this time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Distorted View Post
    mags my highest townread and i think hes scum.
    Quote Originally Posted by GoatseOntheCupboard View Post
    NOT TOWN = NOT INNOCENT

  11. #61

    Lightbulb Re: Opinion: Once the current BLM fervour ends people will just go back to the way they were

    Quote Originally Posted by Helz View Post
    Not at all. When I was in like the 1st grade my school gave a general one to everyone. In my class myself and 1 other kid got pulled out for more. I don't know if the other kids was the same but mine went on for some period of time each day for a week. Although I could not say what the test was the thing I scored absolutely off the charts on was them reading a series of numbers to me and having me say the numbers back to them in reverse order. They also extensively quizzed me on random knowledge, I particularly remember them asking about questions about presidents and I would answer 'I dont know' and the lady would ask me to guess anyways and I would get it right.
    I guess my quick online test wasn't very professional.

    1st grade makes a lot of sense - in a perfect world it helps identify which child to put in what program. Apparently that was the original purpose?
    https://www.sciencenewsforstudents.o...does-it-matter

    Quote Originally Posted by Helz View Post
    To my limited understanding one reason most IQ tests ask for your age and education level is to put you in ratio to your peers.
    Yeah, IQ scores are always relative as far as I know, with the average being represented with "100".
    A movie like idiocracy doesn't make sense in that sense where they showed everyone having an IQ of 20 or something. Average should always be 100. (I guess they could test relative to people in past?)


    Quote Originally Posted by Helz View Post
    Its an interesting subject to dig into but I am pretty against trying to quantify intelligence as a standard. It glorifies a specific type of intelligence while invalidating another and basically calls people stupid or 'average' which is a terrible thing to do, especially with children.
    Jordan Peterson had something depressing say about that: https://youtu.be/OnLvz2ktj9M
    I think it's fallacious though. I agree that the US Military would probably prefer not to have such rresult, but that doesn't make it automatically correct. I wish he went through the actual studies instead of believing "these are not the results they wanted, therefore it must be true".



    Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    Yes, I think I remember taking something like that in high school.
    I can't think of a practical reason for the school to test your IQ so late.
    Last edited by OzyWho; April 24th, 2021 at 08:13 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    from time to time, I act very much like a normal person.

  12. #62

    Re: Opinion: Once the current BLM fervour ends people will just go back to the way they were

    Me neither. I'm not sure it really was an IQ test per se but it had a lot of similarities with one.

    Some of the things in it were straight up math like Helz describes. I remember seeing a girl cheat on it by using a calculator and I laughed... you weren't even required to take it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Huey The Long View Post
    Naz will die, i can promise you this, i visited there home, i shared the wealth, placed my book on their nightstand and said every man a king 3 times so they will die from my glorious contagion of my political program
    Quote Originally Posted by Blinkstorteddd02 View Post
    You sure you dont want to lynch Voss again? he may flip scum this time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Distorted View Post
    mags my highest townread and i think hes scum.
    Quote Originally Posted by GoatseOntheCupboard View Post
    NOT TOWN = NOT INNOCENT

  13. #63

    Re: Opinion: Once the current BLM fervour ends people will just go back to the way they were

    Imagine being so butthurt over someone's opinions that you start making retarded and half-assed comments.

    I've had good and bad interactions with police. I also had my car vandalized, but police didn't do anything because they couldn't. It got vandalized because I barely parked on the edge of a parking space in a relatively empty parking lot. I was pretty close to a designated space for cart stalls, so maybe that was what inspired the person to write "Asshole" on almost every window of my car. The point here is that I didn't whine like a bitch once police told me it would be nearly impossible to find whoever did it. I also didn't throw my brain out the window and say my interaction supports a conspiracy theory that the police protects the state, not the people.

    Was I at fault for parking on the edge of a parking space? Yeah. Did my car deserve to get vandalized for that? No. Anyone with a brain should know it's hard to park with a big-ass car like mine, but most criminals don't have brains. Are the police your mommy? Are they there to wipe every tear off your face? No. Unless police actually see someone act, they probably won't do shit. They can't say without a doubt you're bluffing them. You're putting them in an awkward situation by coming to them in the first place. They'd have to figure out if you're actually a victim of the crime or not, and if you're not and they arrest the person you accused, that will lead to big trouble for the officers and a potential lawsuit against the police department. Even though something bad happened to me, there's something I could've done to prevent that. The same applies to you. Your car got vandalized? Hang out in better neighborhoods, or don't hang out at all. Your stuff got stolen? Hang out in places where it won't get stolen and find better ways to protect it. I just proposed one way to improve relations between the community and police. One that actually puts some responsibility on the community. Maybe you should consider it.

    I grew up in the rough neighborhood of my town. To be honest, it wasn't that bad because I lived in an apartment complex away from most of the action and my town had a low crime rate anyways, but it wasn't ideal. I didn't hang out with anyone there. Being the only Asian there proved advantageous because our differences in culture made it harder for me to relate to all the white and black people there. I never understood the hood and rap culture, and I probably never will. I'm too lame and geeky for that, which also proved advantageous.

    It took like three hours of hanging out with kids there to find trouble. Somehow, they learned of a fight a few blocks away, and most of them immediately ran to see the fight. I didn't go because I knew the police could've come and there was a chance I'd become a victim of the ensuing chaos. So, I just stood there with one other kid, who said he was about to throw up and wanted to see his mom. I don't blame him. He was in a pretty rough spot because the kids who ran off were his friends.

    I need to mention that the kids who ran off aren't even bad people. They're just goofballs looking for fun, but since they're in a rough environment, they're bound to have bad interactions with the police because of their actions. I'd never say that to them in real life since I'm highly against telling anyone they're a victim. I'm also not the type to tell people to get their shit together, because I know that's really hard for anyone to do. I also might be called a racist if I voiced these views, so I tend to keep silent about this. I know high crime rates are a cultural issue and we need broad changes to counter that, but I also feel really weird referring to people as a mass instead of a group of individuals. It's also very uncomfortable to think about how we're influenced by things we can't control. If the police are abolished, what will be the next step for black people? Do we tell them to start working as hard as the rest of America? That they should emulate Mexican immigrants, the group with the lowest crime in America? That's an ideal sentiment, but I know that's the wrong approach. However, I can't find myself agreeing with the best approach for black people because that is at odds with the approach that worked best for me, which is to not complain. So, in real life, I say nothing to black people and the police. I let them solve their problem on their own. I can't take a side.

    Calling people in this thread bootlickers and dick-suckers because they always support the police is ridiculous because you're misinterpreting what people are saying. You're also ignoring, trashing, and spitting on the basic function of police, which is to kill people that are about to kill you and use appropriate force against people that are literally robbing your home. I'd love police reform if it wasn't for the fact America has shitty gun control. If you reduce the firepower of the police, you're just making them more vulnerable to being gunned down by criminals. If someone that isn't a leftist who uses sexist and homophobic insults to bolster their arguments--just think about the disgusting contradiction in that phrase--can enlighten me on how police reform can be done without putting any police officer at risk, please do. For some reason, I can't accept a rich foreign exchange student who graduated Stanford with a computer science diploma in his hand and a brainwashed mind, whose brushes with the police probably resulted from the countless frat parties he went to, and who stands angrily in one spot and baits people with hypocritical insults whenever his poor feelings get hurt, as someone anyone should listen to or see as the Malcolm X of Sc2Mafia. In other words, oops is just a bad person nobody should hang out with. He's literally worse than some criminals, because he's so privileged but is as morally constitute as a shitbag. A bag full of shit. I just made up that word because it perfectly describes oops. It's a waste of anyone's time to indulge his self-destructive and toxic tendencies, but it's also really funny to wreck him. CRASH!!! Oops, if your feelings are hurt, just remember that I'll take the path of zero responsibility and claim that I'm just baiting you. Which I literally am .

    Solidarity is especially dangerous among conservatives in the country with the highest number of immigrants in the world and the most diversity in the world. That is my closing thought.
    Last edited by theoneceko; April 24th, 2021 at 10:03 AM. Reason: I deleted something directed towards oops, but could definitely be seen as insulting and inconsiderate toward black people.
    "The child must have a valuable thing which is called imagination. The child must have a secret world in which live things that never were. It is necessary that he believe. He must start out believing in things not of this world. Then, when the world becomes too ugly for living in, the child can reach back and live in his imagination. I, myself, even in this day and age, have great need of this. Only by having imagination in my mind can I live beyond what I have to live for.”

  14. #64

    Re: Opinion: Once the current BLM fervour ends people will just go back to the way they were

    Quote Originally Posted by theoneceko View Post
    Imagine being so butthurt over someone's opinions that you start making retarded and half-assed comments.

    I've had good and bad interactions with police. I also had my car vandalized, but police didn't do anything because they couldn't. It got vandalized because I barely parked on the edge of a parking space in a relatively empty parking lot. I was pretty close to a designated space for cart stalls, so maybe that was what inspired the person to write "Asshole" on almost every window of my car. The point here is that I didn't whine like a bitch once police told me it would be nearly impossible to find whoever did it. I also didn't throw my brain out the window and say my interaction supports a conspiracy theory that the police protects the state, not the people.

    Was I at fault for parking on the edge of a parking space? Yeah. Did my car deserve to get vandalized for that? No. Anyone with a brain should know it's hard to park with a big-ass car like mine, but most criminals don't have brains. Are the police your mommy? Are they there to wipe every tear off your face? No. Unless police actually see someone act, they probably won't do shit. They can't say without a doubt you're bluffing them. You're putting them in an awkward situation by coming to them in the first place. They'd have to figure out if you're actually a victim of the crime or not, and if you're not and they arrest the person you accused, that will lead to big trouble for the officers and a potential lawsuit against the police department. Even though something bad happened to me, there's something I could've done to prevent that. The same applies to you. Your car got vandalized? Hang out in better neighborhoods, or don't hang out at all. Your stuff got stolen? Hang out in places where it won't get stolen and find better ways to protect it. I just proposed one way to improve relations between the community and police. One that actually puts some responsibility on the community. Maybe you should consider it.

    I grew up in the rough neighborhood of my town. To be honest, it wasn't that bad because I lived in an apartment complex away from most of the action and my town had a low crime rate anyways, but it wasn't ideal. I didn't hang out with anyone there. Being the only Asian there proved advantageous because our differences in culture made it harder for me to relate to all the white and black people there. I never understood the hood and rap culture, and I probably never will. I'm too lame and geeky for that, which also proved advantageous.

    It took like three hours of hanging out with kids there to find trouble. Somehow, they learned of a fight a few blocks away, and most of them immediately ran to see the fight. I didn't go because I knew the police could've come and there was a chance I'd become a victim of the ensuing chaos. So, I just stood there with one other kid, who said he was about to throw up and wanted to see his mom. I don't blame him. He was in a pretty rough spot because the kids who ran off were his friends.

    I need to mention that the kids who ran off aren't even bad people. They're just goofballs looking for fun, but since they're in a rough environment, they're bound to have bad interactions with the police because of their actions. I'd never say that to them in real life since I'm highly against telling anyone they're a victim. I'm also not the type to tell people to get their shit together, because I know that's really hard for anyone to do. I also might be called a racist if I voiced these views, so I tend to keep silent about this. I know high crime rates are a cultural issue and we need broad changes to counter that, but I also feel really weird referring to people as a mass instead of a group of individuals. It's also very uncomfortable to think about how we're influenced by things we can't control. If the police are abolished, what will be the next step for black people? Do we tell them to start working as hard as the rest of America? That they should emulate Mexican immigrants, the group with the lowest crime in America? That's an ideal sentiment, but I know that's the wrong approach. However, I can't find myself agreeing with the best approach for black people because that is at odds with the approach that worked best for me, which is to not complain. So, in real life, I say nothing to black people and the police. I let them solve their problem on their own. I can't take a side.

    Calling people in this thread bootlickers and dick-suckers because they always support the police is ridiculous because you're misinterpreting what people are saying. You're also ignoring, trashing, and spitting on the basic function of police, which is to kill people that are about to kill you and use appropriate force against people that are literally robbing your home. I'd love police reform if it wasn't for the fact America has shitty gun control. If you reduce the firepower of the police, you're just making them more vulnerable to being gunned down by criminals. If someone that isn't a leftist who uses sexist and homophobic insults to bolster their arguments--just think about the disgusting contradiction in that phrase--can enlighten me on how police reform can be done without putting any police officer at risk, please do. For some reason, I can't accept a rich foreign exchange student who graduated Stanford with a computer science diploma in his hand and a brainwashed mind, whose brushes with the police probably resulted from the countless frat parties he went to, and who stands angrily in one spot and baits people with hypocritical insults whenever his poor feelings get hurt, as someone anyone should listen to or see as the Malcolm X of Sc2Mafia. In other words, oops is just a bad person nobody should hang out with. He's literally worse than some criminals, because he's so privileged but is as morally constitute as a shitbag. A bag full of shit. I just made up that word because it perfectly describes oops. It's a waste of anyone's time to indulge his self-destructive and toxic tendencies, but it's also really funny to wreck him. CRASH!!! Oops, if your feelings are hurt, just remember that I'll take the path of zero responsibility and claim that I'm just baiting you. Which I literally am .

    Solidarity is especially dangerous among conservatives in the country with the highest number of immigrants in the world and the most diversity in the world. That is my closing thought.
    Lmao dude why do you get so mad at my posts that you feel the need to literally spend like half an hour writing a dissertation to try to insult me. You realize I don't even read these things, right? I don't really care. Use your time a bit better against someone who might actually take the effort to respond to you.
    Last edited by oops_ur_dead; April 24th, 2021 at 12:54 PM.

  15. #65

    Re: Opinion: Once the current BLM fervour ends people will just go back to the way they were

    Quote Originally Posted by oops_ur_dead View Post
    Lmao dude why do you get so mad at my posts that you feel the need to literally spend like half an hour writing a dissertation to try to insult me. You realize I don't even read these things, right? I don't really care. Use your time a bit better against someone who might actually take the effort to respond to you.
    I wasn't even talking to you dude... I thought you'd have the sense to know that if I ask you to leave me alone, I'll leave you alone. I can't see a single time where I referenced you in that post. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    "The child must have a valuable thing which is called imagination. The child must have a secret world in which live things that never were. It is necessary that he believe. He must start out believing in things not of this world. Then, when the world becomes too ugly for living in, the child can reach back and live in his imagination. I, myself, even in this day and age, have great need of this. Only by having imagination in my mind can I live beyond what I have to live for.”

  16. #66

    Re: Opinion: Once the current BLM fervour ends people will just go back to the way they were

    How old are you oops? I thought you and Unknown were close to your 30's if not in your 30's, but I was wrong about Unknown.

    If we're close to the same age, then our endless bitching at each other makes a lot more sense. If not... I don't know what to say LOL

    We can call a truce if you want. I know you're angry, but I'm giving you an opportunity here to prevent me from kicking your ass further. I highly suggest you take it, more for your sake than mine. Beating down all the idiots on this site is a slight inconvenience for me, but I feel bad for you because I know you're just writhing in pain right now.
    "The child must have a valuable thing which is called imagination. The child must have a secret world in which live things that never were. It is necessary that he believe. He must start out believing in things not of this world. Then, when the world becomes too ugly for living in, the child can reach back and live in his imagination. I, myself, even in this day and age, have great need of this. Only by having imagination in my mind can I live beyond what I have to live for.”

  17. #67

    Re: Opinion: Once the current BLM fervour ends people will just go back to the way they were

    Quote Originally Posted by theoneceko View Post
    I wasn't even talking to you dude... I thought you'd have the sense to know that if I ask you to leave me alone, I'll leave you alone. I can't see a single time where I referenced you in that post. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Quote Originally Posted by theoneceko View Post
    In other words, oops is just a bad person nobody should hang out with. He's literally worse than some criminals, because he's so privileged but is as morally constitute as a shitbag. A bag full of shit. I just made up that word because it perfectly describes oops. It's a waste of anyone's time to indulge his self-destructive and toxic tendencies, but it's also really funny to wreck him. CRASH!!! Oops, if your feelings are hurt, just remember that I'll take the path of zero responsibility and claim that I'm just baiting you. Which I literally am .
    nice trolling
    Have you ever heard the tragedy of Darth Jar Jar the wise?

  18. #68

    Re: Opinion: Once the current BLM fervour ends people will just go back to the way they were

    Quote Originally Posted by aamirus View Post
    nice trolling
    I've been exposed lol
    "The child must have a valuable thing which is called imagination. The child must have a secret world in which live things that never were. It is necessary that he believe. He must start out believing in things not of this world. Then, when the world becomes too ugly for living in, the child can reach back and live in his imagination. I, myself, even in this day and age, have great need of this. Only by having imagination in my mind can I live beyond what I have to live for.”

  19. #69

    Re: Opinion: Once the current BLM fervour ends people will just go back to the way they were

    *grabs popcorn*
    Quote Originally Posted by Huey The Long View Post
    Naz will die, i can promise you this, i visited there home, i shared the wealth, placed my book on their nightstand and said every man a king 3 times so they will die from my glorious contagion of my political program
    Quote Originally Posted by Blinkstorteddd02 View Post
    You sure you dont want to lynch Voss again? he may flip scum this time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Distorted View Post
    mags my highest townread and i think hes scum.
    Quote Originally Posted by GoatseOntheCupboard View Post
    NOT TOWN = NOT INNOCENT

  20. #70

    Re: Opinion: Once the current BLM fervour ends people will just go back to the way they were

    Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    *grabs popcorn*
    Sorry, the movie has ended. UWU!!!
    "The child must have a valuable thing which is called imagination. The child must have a secret world in which live things that never were. It is necessary that he believe. He must start out believing in things not of this world. Then, when the world becomes too ugly for living in, the child can reach back and live in his imagination. I, myself, even in this day and age, have great need of this. Only by having imagination in my mind can I live beyond what I have to live for.”

  21. #71

    Re: Opinion: Once the current BLM fervour ends people will just go back to the way they were

    Quote Originally Posted by SuperJack View Post
    You're favourite toast spread is sawdust
    How did you know
    Quote Originally Posted by Huey The Long View Post
    Naz will die, i can promise you this, i visited there home, i shared the wealth, placed my book on their nightstand and said every man a king 3 times so they will die from my glorious contagion of my political program
    Quote Originally Posted by Blinkstorteddd02 View Post
    You sure you dont want to lynch Voss again? he may flip scum this time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Distorted View Post
    mags my highest townread and i think hes scum.
    Quote Originally Posted by GoatseOntheCupboard View Post
    NOT TOWN = NOT INNOCENT

  22. #72

    Re: Opinion: Once the current BLM fervour ends people will just go back to the way they were

    Quote Originally Posted by theoneceko View Post
    How old are you oops? I thought you and Unknown were close to your 30's if not in your 30's, but I was wrong about Unknown.

    If we're close to the same age, then our endless bitching at each other makes a lot more sense. If not... I don't know what to say LOL

    We can call a truce if you want. I know you're angry, but I'm giving you an opportunity here to prevent me from kicking your ass further. I highly suggest you take it, more for your sake than mine. Beating down all the idiots on this site is a slight inconvenience for me, but I feel bad for you because I know you're just writhing in pain right now.
    Oops and I did go to the same school, although several years apart from each other. I am slightly amused that you thought I was that old.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mesk514 View Post
    1-I really and truly believe @Unknown1234 is town. He stuck by me when I needed him
    Quote Originally Posted by Gyrlander View Post
    Wow, this game was really easy. I just had to talk dumb shit to survive some days more. :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    If sheriff cleared you honestly I would take him out of my town core and put him as scum.

  23. #73

    Re: Opinion: Once the current BLM fervour ends people will just go back to the way they were

    Quote Originally Posted by Unknown1234 View Post
    Oops and I did go to the same school, although several years apart from each other. I am slightly amused that you thought I was that old.
    You eat pinecones for breakfast
    Quote Originally Posted by Huey The Long View Post
    Naz will die, i can promise you this, i visited there home, i shared the wealth, placed my book on their nightstand and said every man a king 3 times so they will die from my glorious contagion of my political program
    Quote Originally Posted by Blinkstorteddd02 View Post
    You sure you dont want to lynch Voss again? he may flip scum this time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Distorted View Post
    mags my highest townread and i think hes scum.
    Quote Originally Posted by GoatseOntheCupboard View Post
    NOT TOWN = NOT INNOCENT

  24. #74

  25. #75

    Re: Opinion: Once the current BLM fervour ends people will just go back to the way they were

    Quote Originally Posted by Unknown1234 View Post
    Oops and I did go to the same school, although several years apart from each other. I am slightly amused that you thought I was that old.
    I thought everyone in Skwirl was in their 30's.

    That's fucking nuts though. Did you two meet in real life? UWU!!!
    "The child must have a valuable thing which is called imagination. The child must have a secret world in which live things that never were. It is necessary that he believe. He must start out believing in things not of this world. Then, when the world becomes too ugly for living in, the child can reach back and live in his imagination. I, myself, even in this day and age, have great need of this. Only by having imagination in my mind can I live beyond what I have to live for.”

  26. #76

    Re: Opinion: Once the current BLM fervour ends people will just go back to the way they were

    Quote Originally Posted by Helz View Post
    I have missed you Unknown
    I've missed talking with you too. I still remember all those late night poker games and that day we played those weird arcade games SuperJack found (I remember that weird watermelon wrestling one?? LOL).
    Quote Originally Posted by Mesk514 View Post
    1-I really and truly believe @Unknown1234 is town. He stuck by me when I needed him
    Quote Originally Posted by Gyrlander View Post
    Wow, this game was really easy. I just had to talk dumb shit to survive some days more. :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    If sheriff cleared you honestly I would take him out of my town core and put him as scum.

  27. #77

    Re: Opinion: Once the current BLM fervour ends people will just go back to the way they were

    Quote Originally Posted by theoneceko View Post
    I thought everyone in Skwirl was in their 30's.

    That's fucking nuts though. Did you two meet in real life? UWU!!!
    No we did not. Oops moved out of the country before I even knew about it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mesk514 View Post
    1-I really and truly believe @Unknown1234 is town. He stuck by me when I needed him
    Quote Originally Posted by Gyrlander View Post
    Wow, this game was really easy. I just had to talk dumb shit to survive some days more. :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    If sheriff cleared you honestly I would take him out of my town core and put him as scum.

  28. #78

    Re: Opinion: Once the current BLM fervour ends people will just go back to the way they were

    Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    You eat pinecones for breakfast
    I don't know what this means but thanks anyways
    Quote Originally Posted by Mesk514 View Post
    1-I really and truly believe @Unknown1234 is town. He stuck by me when I needed him
    Quote Originally Posted by Gyrlander View Post
    Wow, this game was really easy. I just had to talk dumb shit to survive some days more. :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    If sheriff cleared you honestly I would take him out of my town core and put him as scum.

  29. #79

    Re: Opinion: Once the current BLM fervour ends people will just go back to the way they were

    Quote Originally Posted by oops_ur_dead View Post
    Why do white people "supposedly" like the police? Like I'm white and I've never had a single positive interaction with them. All I've had is paranoia and unwelcome questioning from being around them. In any situation where I sought out their help for anything (such as when my shit got stolen or my car got fucked up and I knew who did it), they did jack shit except write a "report" because they can't be fucked to actually help people. I've never actually heard of a single instance from anyone I know where the police has helped them.

    Thats why I can't stand bootlickers who unwaveringly lend their support to the police. I recognize the importance of law and of police unholding law. But the average officer and PD is lazy and can't be fucked to actually do anything. Though it's a clichéd thing to say, their duty is to protect the state, not you.
    I was thinking about this a bit over the last few days and I kinda think our dislike for police is fundamentally tied to the service they provide in our society. When your neighbor is being too loud having a party you don't want to be 'that guy' who walks up and ruins everyones good time so you send the cops instead. They do the uncomfortable deed for you and they get to be the bad guy. A large portion of the services they provide are in this direction.

    I do feel you on their lack of usefulness. Even if there was some instance of violence the cops take time to get there to protect. I can not name a time they have helped me past giving me a police report number for an insurance claim after my truck was broken into; while I can name many times I have had negative interactions and even a few weeks ago felt they were using legal excuses to take money from me.

    One critical part someone brought up to me years ago is that nobody has a problem with cops when they are protecting people from other people. Any instance where they are preventing someone from being attacked, robbed, or raped is a positive thing. But as a society we have tons of laws passed that seem to be focused on protecting people from themselves which I believe to be unethical. Should I wear my seatbelt? Sure. But be the fucking dick bag who writes me a ticket for not wearing it and I will disrespect you because who the fuck are you to steal my autonomy from me. I believe I have the fundamental human right to be an idiot and take risks with my safety when it does not hurt anyone.

    If you think about how any society sorts itself there are norms, taboos and laws. The laws are suppose to be punishments to enforce extreme taboos but our society no longer follows that. Things like smoking pot are extremely widely accepted yet 'illegal' and also follows the unethical model of 'protecting people from themselves.' Combine those two factors and you basically have cops forcing people to do things nobody has a problem with and that do not harm others which makes their function in society hated. The strange thing though, is we blame them although they do not make these laws. Politicians do. I wonder if people thought about the situation differently the hatred cops receive would be appropriately displaced onto politicians.

    There is also the issue that its one of those jobs where doing it right goes unnoticed but you are crucified when its done wrong. Its thankless, dangerous work that gets shit pay so I do have some measure of respect for the people who do it. While my interactions with the police have been negative I have yet to get to know a cop off duty and not gotten along well with them. That might just be a veteran thing though.

  30. #80

    Re: Opinion: Once the current BLM fervour ends people will just go back to the way they were

    Quote Originally Posted by Helz View Post
    I do feel you on their lack of usefulness. Even if there was some instance of violence the cops take time to get there to protect.
    I beg to differ on this assumption https://youtu.be/jAfUI_hETy0
    Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    from time to time, I act very much like a normal person.

  31. #81

    Re: Opinion: Once the current BLM fervour ends people will just go back to the way they were

    Quote Originally Posted by OzyWho View Post
    I beg to differ on this assumption https://youtu.be/jAfUI_hETy0
    Its not really an assumption. I pretty regularly watch a youtube channel called 'Active Self Protection' which does after action breakdowns of situations covering the legal issues of a situation as well as providing evidence based advice. One very common factor is that once people are fighting for their life the fight is usually over long before the cops show up. If you have ever been in or around a fight just think about how long that lasted. Even when my burglar alarm went off at my apartment which was roughly 1.5 miles from the police station they did not show up for around 10 minutes the first time and 45 minutes the second. I actually brought that up to the officer that called me pointing out that they could have literally run to my location faster than they arived.

    My point is just that in my personal experience as well as in the things I have seen police intervention is not something to depend on.

  32. #82

    Re: Opinion: Once the current BLM fervour ends people will just go back to the way they were

    Quote Originally Posted by Helz View Post
    The connection I make is that the message of racism promotes siding with democrats.
    I just thought this third quote by Dawkins to be a little related to what Helz said in the above quote due to the "exploited in politics" part.

    “Some men choose to identify as women, and some women choose to identify as men. You will be vilified if you deny that they literally are what they identify as. Discuss.”

    “I do not intend to disparage trans people. I see that my academic ‘Discuss’ question has been misconstrued as such and I deplore this.”

    “It was also not my intent to ally in any way with Republican bigots in US now exploiting this issue .”


    Does anyone know how exactly is it being exploited?
    Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    from time to time, I act very much like a normal person.

  33. #83

    Re: Opinion: Once the current BLM fervour ends people will just go back to the way they were

    Quote Originally Posted by OzyWho View Post
    I just thought this third quote by Dawkins to be a little related to what Helz said in the above quote due to the "exploited in politics" part.

    “Some men choose to identify as women, and some women choose to identify as men. You will be vilified if you deny that they literally are what they identify as. Discuss.”

    “I do not intend to disparage trans people. I see that my academic ‘Discuss’ question has been misconstrued as such and I deplore this.”

    “It was also not my intent to ally in any way with Republican bigots in US now exploiting this issue .”


    Does anyone know how exactly is it being exploited?
    yES, REPUBLICAN BIGOTS ARE EXPLOTING THIS ISSUE. UWOWU HEWWO!!!
    "The child must have a valuable thing which is called imagination. The child must have a secret world in which live things that never were. It is necessary that he believe. He must start out believing in things not of this world. Then, when the world becomes too ugly for living in, the child can reach back and live in his imagination. I, myself, even in this day and age, have great need of this. Only by having imagination in my mind can I live beyond what I have to live for.”

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •