Advice on SSD
Register

User Tag List

Thread: Advice on SSD

1. ISO #1

2. ISO #2

Re: Advice on SSD

Honestly I very much doubt the difference between the two will matter for what you will use it for. That technology is best suited for moving massive amounts of data but kind of funny given the biggest units you will probably stick on it can unload its entire hard drive in a literal second or two.

From what I have seen performance wise there is no difference between the two for running an OS or games and only a very slight improvement from jumping from a SATA3 SSD to an M.2 SSD.

I say all that and I say its a waste but I did go for the 4.0 because.. fuck it. If I went close to the top on everything else I couldn't justify skimping out on the last piece. This is what I ran although I came seriously close to snagging that Corsair for the passive heat sink. Decided not to because my motherboard came with some anyways.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

-edit
    I would consider grabbing 2 1T units over a single 2T unless your motherboard doesn't have the ports though. Spreading data over multiple ports can take advantage of sending data over multiple bus' on your motherboard in my limited understanding and if the price point is the same I would go for redundancy.
    Last edited by Helz; April 20th, 2021 at 02:36 AM.

3. ISO #3

Quote Originally Posted by Helz View Post
    Honestly I very much doubt the difference between the two will matter for what you will use it for. That technology is best suited for moving massive amounts of data but kind of funny given the biggest units you will probably stick on it can unload its entire hard drive in a literal second or two.

From what I have seen performance wise there is no difference between the two for running an OS or games and only a very slight improvement from jumping from a SATA3 SSD to an M.2 SSD.

I say all that and I say its a waste but I did go for the 4.0 because.. fuck it. If I went close to the top on everything else I couldn't justify skimping out on the last piece. This is what I ran although I came seriously close to snagging that Corsair for the passive heat sink. Decided not to because my motherboard came with some anyways.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

-edit
    I would consider grabbing 2 1T units over a single 2T unless your motherboard doesn't have the ports though. Spreading data over multiple ports can take advantage of sending data over multiple bus' on your motherboard in my limited understanding and if the price point is the same I would go for redundancy.
    I have a 500g atm. Gonna get a 2T for my games and 250g for OS and use the 500g I have for media/shitty files until I buy a bigger case and get a HardDrive.
    Cryptonic made this sig

Quote Originally Posted by HentaiManOfPeace View Post
    gotchu fam

Attachment 28016

4. ISO #4

Quote Originally Posted by SuperJack View Post
    I have a 500g atm. Gonna get a 2T for my games and 250g for OS and use the 500g I have for media/shitty files until I buy a bigger case and get a HardDrive.
    i've done the split thing before with os on 1 and games on another and don't recommend it. It can be painful sometimes with the appdata, programdata, and documents stuff getting strewn about both drives. I would just use a single 1TB ssd or 2TB if you play enough games for OS +games. And i wouldn't bother with the faster SSD.

For media just buy one of the WD external HDDs and then shuck it, it's very simple.
    Have you ever heard the tragedy of Darth Jar Jar the wise?