MafiaUniverse's Mafia Championship, Season 8 - Nominations (vote here!) - Page 2
Register

User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
  1. ISO #51

Re: MafiaUniverse's Mafia Championship, Season 8 - Nominations (vote here!)

Quote Originally Posted by Marshmallow Marshall View Post
    He has also been infracted for serial griefing, so no, sorry. Our superweapon will have to remain hidden. Plus, he'd have to accept lol.
    Damn.

Where are skwirl members being nominated? Efe is active in skwirl. We could send him there.
    Quote Originally Posted by S-FM Unfunny View Post
    How dare you send me another box of cereal
    Quote Originally Posted by ChannelMiner View Post
    Anyways I shot Brad due to my morbid fear of zombies.

2. ISO #52

I don't really understand how's Skwirl legitimate for the Championship. Their representative can't fulfill the requirement of having played a game recently on "Skwirl site". And it's probably the only one you won't find in the communities list on MU.
    Last edited by OzyWho; April 22nd, 2021 at 10:24 AM.

3. ISO #53

4. ISO #54

Quote Originally Posted by OzyWho View Post
    It feels so bad to have to wait a month to fix that typo I made at the beginning of the month.

Prostagma. Malista. Vulome. Etimos. Proseche? Eisvoli! Dritomos. Kalos!
    I thought that was Italian and was wondering what it meant

5. ISO #55

SJ for the win !
    -vote SuperJack
    Quote Originally Posted by Efekannn02 View Post
    MM Magoroth and Distorted are the 3 baddies
    just like Agrael Acriel and Auwt being the original 3 baddies
    MafiaZ and Skwirl its all a repeat of history
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkRevenant View Post
    But Potoss has Pobes, Zeelot, and Acrons!
    Screw you I actually have more grudges towards the people who have their names start with A

6. ISO #56

7. ISO #57

8. ISO #58

9. ISO #59

-vote SuperJack

Spooder FTW
    Quote Originally Posted by Mesk514 View Post
    1-I really and truly believe @Unknown1234 is town. He stuck by me when I needed him
    Quote Originally Posted by Gyrlander View Post
    Wow, this game was really easy. I just had to talk dumb shit to survive some days more. :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    If sheriff cleared you honestly I would take him out of my town core and put him as scum.

10. ISO #60

Quote Originally Posted by SuperJack View Post
    Fuck
    Hehehe, I have faith in you. Spam them with Doctor Who GIFs. You can do it!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Lawyer View Post
    Besides your lamp and your refridgerators, do you find anyone else suspicious?
    Quote Originally Posted by oliverz144 View Post
    it looks like many, e.g. MM and lag, suffered under the influence of paopan. However there is a victim: frinckles. He left the path of rationality and fully dived into the parallel reality of baby shark, king shark, and soviet union pizzas.
    Spoiler : The meaning of life :

11. ISO #61

Ftr, it's possible for a community to have 2 representatives playing - if the backup gets to play in the place of some other communities player who needs to sub out.

Last seasons finals had 2 from Personality Cafe and 2 from Syndicate.
    Let's look at Syndicate: after game 6 finished, their backup was available as a sub-in for game 9.

I guess in that sense, there's an advantage to have one of the earlier qualifier games?
    Last edited by OzyWho; April 23rd, 2021 at 08:49 AM.

12. ISO #62

Quote Originally Posted by Stealthbomber16 View Post
    Damn.

Where are skwirl members being nominated? Efe is active in skwirl. We could send him there.
    Efe representing Skwirl? Representing @Distorted the dirty aristocrat? HMMMMM......

And uh, I guess it's in the general channel of the skwirl server.
    I don't really understand how's Skwirl legitimate for the Championship. Their representative can't fulfill the requirement of having played a game recently on "Skwirl site". And it's probably the only one you won't find in the communities list on MU.
    That's not a MU requirement, is it? They have people from FACEBOOK MAFIA communities. I'm pretty sure a community based on a Discord server and a video game where there's a Mafia game counts.
    it looks like many, e.g. MM and lag, suffered under the influence of paopan. However there is a victim: frinckles. He left the path of rationality and fully dived into the parallel reality of baby shark, king shark, and soviet union pizzas.

13. ISO #63

14. ISO #64

15. ISO #65

16. ISO #66

17. ISO #67

18. ISO #68

19. ISO #69

20. ISO #70

21. ISO #71

22. ISO #72

23. ISO #73

I'd like to nominate Martin as CoolJack's backup.
    I don't mind being the back-up / sub, unless someone else wants to be that.

Keep in mind that it only works for the first round of games. If SJ replaces out in the 2nd set of rounds then he'll be replaced by the next-highest person in terms of rank/points gained from round 1.
    A.K.A "That One Idiot"

24. ISO #74

Quote Originally Posted by MartinGG99 View Post
    Keep in mind that it only works for the first round of games. If SJ replaces out in the 2nd set of rounds then he'll be replaced by the next-highest person in terms of rank/points gained from round 1.
    Ohh, I didn't know that. I wonder how does that work? Because only about half the players present in 2nd round / semis are there because of the player votes. The other half are Jury selected - and those are not ranked.

25. ISO #75

26. ISO #76

So I have a ton to live up for!
    Well, I mean, there's a little of a trend that you can make real.
    Season 1 we did participate, so that doesn't count.
    But after that:
    First 3 seasons our representative got lynched D1. (I count mesks D2 Lynch D1 because mesk was scum in the most scum sided setup in Champs history)
    The next 3 seasons we did great, but didn't get voted top4 by players in qualifiers nor the Jury selected one of ours. But we did great: blink won as scum and survived all game; Distorted was the Top1 highest post count and his team, town, won; MM unless I'm not misremembering - wasn't game 7 of qualifiers regarded the highest? Though his team lost with MM in final 3.

You can keep this trend up of us improving after every 3 seasons.

27. ISO #77

Ohh, I didn't know that. I wonder how does that work? Because only about half the players present in 2nd round / semis are there because of the player votes. The other half are Jury selected - and those are not ranked.
    Actually, I'm completely mistaken. Or somewhat mistaken.

The Jury picked the subs for Round 2 and beyond in Season 7. https://www.mafiauniverse.com/forums...53#post4121753

However, the OP post for Season 8 says this:

If your representative needs to sub out during a SEMIFINAL or FINALE game, your community's backup will NOT take their place. Instead the next person who was in line to receive a semifinal or finale spot will take their place.
    Which suggests a point-based structure? I mean, all the other mentions of the jury don't clearly mention them picking subs/replacements.

HOWEVER, this is the same wording used for the Season 7 OP thing. So I guess the Jury still picks?
    A.K.A "That One Idiot"

28. ISO #78

But after that:
    First 3 seasons our representative got lynched D1. (I count mesks D2 Lynch D1 because mesk was scum in the most scum sided setup in Champs history)
    The next 3 seasons we did great, but didn't get voted top4 by players in qualifiers nor the Jury selected one of ours. But we did great: blink won as scum and survived all game; Distorted was the Top1 highest post count and his team, town, won; MM unless I'm not misremembering - wasn't game 7 of qualifiers regarded the highest? Though his team lost with MM in final 3.

Or I can get lynched day0
    Cryptonic made this sig

Quote Originally Posted by HentaiManOfPeace View Post
    gotchu fam

Attachment 28016

29. ISO #79

30. ISO #80

But after that:

i bet distorted didn't advance bc "post count too high" and people get offended lol. as if u can't do what u need to win. UWU!!!

31. ISO #81

32. ISO #82

Oh god. How will I stop myself from mocking that community.
    I would snicker if you did
    What has SC2Mafias record been for MU?
    I have not kept up over the years but I think the first 3 years straight we were out the first lynch of the first game (Although Yayap's was because of a bullshit CFD)

I do not know if anyone has been nominated to the 2nd round yet.

33. ISO #83

i know DS got kicked from the debate channel in MU's discord server bc he spouted COMMON SENSE. i got kicked from there too. UWU!!!

MU reminds me a LOT of this site i used to be in and eventually got permanently locked from talking in. it's the kind of site that fucking mutes 90% of players!!! POKEMON SHOWDOWN!!!

GO FUCK YOURSELF SHOWDOWN MODS!!!

34. ISO #84

35. ISO #85

Quote Originally Posted by theoneceko View Post
    i know DS got kicked from the debate channel in MU's discord server bc he spouted COMMON SENSE. i got kicked from there too. UWU!!!

MU reminds me a LOT of this site i used to be in and eventually got permanently locked from talking in. it's the kind of site that fucking mutes 90% of players!!! POKEMON SHOWDOWN!!!

You mean this DS?
    https://www.mafiauniverse.com/forums...=1#post4110445

Anyhow, good thing you guys only got kicked from text channel as this rule says:
    The moderation staff is ceding full control of the #debate channel on the Discord server to Makaze. They will be the sole arbiter of corrective action within that space. They cannot ban you from the server at large, but they CAN remove your access to that channel.
    Imagine getting banned from the server or the site.

36. ISO #86

You mean this DS?
    https://www.mafiauniverse.com/forums...=1#post4110445

Anyhow, good thing you guys only got kicked from text channel as this rule says:

Imagine getting banned from the server or the site.
    i mean, in a site like that, it's not surprising to see someone with dictator-like control over a channel. i expected even more control from MU tbh

37. ISO #87

There is a lot I really want to say but I will bite my tongue for now. I can only say the moderators on that site have made me angry in a way not many things can.

I have spent the last decade and thousands fighting with the VA for them to admit the scars on my face and my teeth being crooked came from me being in Afghanistan on principle even though I will receive no additional medical treatment or benefits of any kind from them doing so. I have spent the last 6 years obsessing over creating a guide for a video game simply because I refuse to quit what I started. I custom negotiated a retainer and started my own class action lawsuit against 3m after understanding they lied about ear plugs and still quarterback that shit. I have spent the last 3 or 4 years working through Whitehouse investigations and FOIA requests related to VA Fraud with a company called LHI just because I found out they submitted essentially blank evaluation forums on 1 vet I was helping.

Just imagine how capable I am as a human being of letting go of someone branding me a bigot while I was discussing the issue systemic racism. There is some very literal irony to that..

38. ISO #88

39. ISO #89

I think I went overboard. I'll stop teasing Helz now.

Except once. I'll allow myself 1 more sometime in the future.
    Oh its cool man. I made the mistake last night of reading a MU thread and saw people I have known for years writing me off as a hateful person or something. Not people I knew well or anything but thats more what got to me.

I think I would take much less issue on the situation if the mods had at least pretended to follow the system they claim to use or if they actually thought I was a bigot.

40. ISO #90

Actually, I'm completely mistaken. Or somewhat mistaken.

The Jury picked the subs for Round 2 and beyond in Season 7. https://www.mafiauniverse.com/forums...53#post4121753

However, the OP post for Season 8 says this:

Which suggests a point-based structure? I mean, all the other mentions of the jury don't clearly mention them picking subs/replacements.

HOWEVER, this is the same wording used for the Season 7 OP thing. So I guess the Jury still picks?
    Players attribute points to other players. I assume that's what will be taken into account there.

41. ISO #91

42. ISO #92

43. ISO #93

Quote Originally Posted by theoneceko View Post

wtf showdown BASED?! 😳
    Quote Originally Posted by S-FM Unfunny View Post
    How dare you send me another box of cereal
    Quote Originally Posted by ChannelMiner View Post
    Anyways I shot Brad due to my morbid fear of zombies.

44. ISO #94

To place your vote on an eligible member, please use the standard voting tags: [vote]The member's username[/vote]. The winner will be our representative, while the runner-up will be our backup.
    SuperJack (9 [L-991]):
    Oberon, OzyWho, MartinGG99, Stealthbomber16, Auwt, Helz, Unknown1234, Frinckles, Varcron
    Helz (1 [L-999]):
    blinkskater

If we follow the fine print, Helz is our runner-up since everyone but Blink voted with the flow

Also, I'm guessing I'm the un-official back-up unless anybody else pops up? There's also the issue with Helz's ban from MU.
    A.K.A "That One Idiot"

45. ISO #95

SuperJack (9 [L-991]):
    Oberon, OzyWho, MartinGG99, Stealthbomber16, Auwt, Helz, Unknown1234, Frinckles, Varcron
    Helz (1 [L-999]):
    blinkskater

If we follow the fine print, Helz is our runner-up since everyone but Blink voted with the flow

Also, I'm guessing I'm the un-official back-up unless anybody else pops up? There's also the issue with Helz's ban from MU.
    Yeah um, SJ is enjoying a landslide victory lol. I'll vote you for official back-up so that we actually have a decent one, since Frinckles said he was busy and since Helz is banned from MU. And because you're a good choice too of course

-vote MartinGG99

46. ISO #96

47. ISO #97

48. ISO #98

Quote Originally Posted by Helz View Post
    There is a lot I really want to say but I will bite my tongue for now. I can only say the moderators on that site have made me angry in a way not many things can.

I have spent the last decade and thousands fighting with the VA for them to admit the scars on my face and my teeth being crooked came from me being in Afghanistan on principle even though I will receive no additional medical treatment or benefits of any kind from them doing so. I have spent the last 6 years obsessing over creating a guide for a video game simply because I refuse to quit what I started. I custom negotiated a retainer and started my own class action lawsuit against 3m after understanding they lied about ear plugs and still quarterback that shit. I have spent the last 3 or 4 years working through Whitehouse investigations and FOIA requests related to VA Fraud with a company called LHI just because I found out they submitted essentially blank evaluation forums on 1 vet I was helping.

Just imagine how capable I am as a human being of letting go of someone branding me a bigot while I was discussing the issue systemic racism. There is some very literal irony to that..
    haha, i totally understand where ur coming from. i mean, ffs makaze is an ARTIST xDDDD. obviously, the guy's head isn't screwed on straight. and he's like the head of MU. forget those ppl dude

it's not healthy to go overboard with the shit talk. i was kinda baiting by trying to build solidarity with you against MU. oh well. not like you'll let it actually get to you ^-^

49. ISO #99

50. ISO #100

-vote MartinGG99
    SuperJack (10 [L-990]):
    Oberon, OzyWho, MartinGG99, Stealthbomber16, Auwt, Helz, Unknown1234, Frinckles, Varcron, theoneceko
    MartinGG99 (1 [L-999]):
    SuperJack
    Helz (1 [L-999]):
    blinkskater

Your votes don't count.

-vote MartinGG99