Gay or Straight?
Register

User Tag List

1. ISO #1

2. ISO #2

3. ISO #3

Re: Gay or Straight?

I duno. Theres a line at the start about brused knees that implys blowjobs and could be gay but its quickly followed up with a comment about making your mom sad and your girlfriend mad which suggests a girl. I do not think girlfriends get upset about cute boys but I am not bisexual so it could totally be a thing?

Im leaning straight with the perspective fitting more in line with both Billie Elish as a girl and the song talking about behaviors that are the epitome of a bad teenage girl.

-edit
    Or maybe its intentionally ambiguous to allow the listener to apply their own meaning. That has kinda become popular in an age where people have little to say and instead lean on others interpretation to make their messages seem 'profound'
    Last edited by Helz; April 10th, 2021 at 05:04 PM.

4. ISO #4

Quote Originally Posted by Helz View Post
    quickly followed up with a comment about making your mom sad and your girlfriend mad which suggests a girl.
    Yeah, this was the only thing giving me a pause in my original assumption. Somehow I still ended up thinking it's a guy song not a girl song until I checked the gender. Go figure ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

5. ISO #5

Quote Originally Posted by OzyWho View Post
    Yeah, this was the only thing giving me a pause in my original assumption. Somehow I still ended up thinking it's a guy song not a girl song until I checked the gender. Go figure ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    I am not sure if it matters when you are dealing with a voice taking a position as questionable as this one. If its a girl or guy talking about how they are a bad guy by fucking your dad its wayy into taboo territory..

6. ISO #6

7. ISO #7

8. ISO #8

9. ISO #9

10. ISO #10

11. ISO #11

12. ISO #12

13. ISO #13

The song appears to be an exploration of her relationship with a dude, some "bad boy". However, when she lists his characteristics in the first half of the chorus against her characteristics in the second half of the chorus, it becomes clear her characteristics have the potential to do far more serious damage to the dude, the people he loves, and his relationships with them - whereas his characteristics are largely just vain, looking tough.

Hence, she concludes "he may be a bad boy, but I'm obviously the bad guy, duh". The usage of the term "guy" is normally strictly for men, but it is very rarely used for either gender. Though, it's possible she is intentionally masculinizing herself to emphasize how "dangerous" she is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blinkstorteddd02 View Post
    naz, he's claiming to have been at your house last night and infected you. I know u were drunk but PLEASE try as hard as you can to remember... That burning you felt the next morning when you went pee was from me, not him.

14. ISO #14

Quote Originally Posted by yzb25 View Post
    The song appears to be an exploration of her relationship with a dude, some "bad boy". However, when she lists his characteristics in the first half of the chorus against her characteristics in the second half of the chorus, it becomes clear her characteristics have the potential to do far more serious damage to the dude, the people he loves, and his relationships with them - whereas his characteristics are largely just vain, looking tough.

Hence, she concludes "he may be a bad boy, but I'm obviously the bad guy, duh". The usage of the term "guy" is normally strictly for men, but it is very rarely used for either gender. Though, it's possible she is intentionally masculinizing herself to emphasize how "dangerous" she is.
    so yeah, by that reading it doesn't seem gay at all
    Quote Originally Posted by Blinkstorteddd02 View Post
    naz, he's claiming to have been at your house last night and infected you. I know u were drunk but PLEASE try as hard as you can to remember... That burning you felt the next morning when you went pee was from me, not him.