Register

User Tag List

Theoretically speaking

To this day, Arsonist was the only guy I've seen to add images in his Starcraft II -Mafia- text messages.
    It's trickier to do than let's say in Review's because only certain height/width that you have to specify work. Not to mention how impractical it is due to how lengthy the img path's are.

My theoretical question is this: would it be possible to make SC2 images available for chat at the press of a button like emoticons? For example images like gallows or medic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    from time to time, I act very much like a normal person.

Re: Theoretically speaking

Quote Originally Posted by SuperJack View Post
    When I have more important things to do, I do them by doing something completely unrelated and mess around and tinker with stuff.
    Mostly you just post words on autopilot and insert a post as feel truthful to look like you actually care about socializing.
    It's what you say when you get bored. Sometimes you just have a phrase or post that fits any situation.
    But how long can you keep it up?
    Last edited by OzyWho; March 31st, 2021 at 12:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by OzyWho View Post
    Mostly you just post words on autopilot and insert a post as feel truthful to look like you actually care about socializing.
    It's what you say when you get bored. Sometimes you just have a phrase or post that fits any situation.
    But how long can you keep it up?
    Mostly forever. It's part of who I am.

What part are you referring to keeping it up?
    Cryptonic made this sig

To this day, Arsonist was the only guy I've seen to add images in his Starcraft II -Mafia- text messages.
    It's trickier to do than let's say in Review's because only certain height/width that you have to specify work. Not to mention how impractical it is due to how lengthy the img path's are.

My theoretical question is this: would it be possible to make SC2 images available for chat at the press of a button like emoticons? For example images like gallows or medic.
    As SJ said, Yes : )

Quote Originally Posted by SuperJack View Post
    Mostly forever. It's part of who I am.

What part are you referring to keeping it up?
    Just so there's no miscommunication here, I am not referring to your penis.

Quote Originally Posted by Helz View Post
    As SJ said, Yes : )
    Trying to imagine back when Scvmurderer played how it would look if all those CHOO CHOO spams were dominion train spams instead.
    Or even today, if guilty/inno spams were replaced by some images or emoticons.

One's worse, the other's better. So there is a world where such a feature could improve the gameplay experience just a little bit.

Funny thing is that people can also change colors for said images, so there's some depth to that as well at least for those with 20k points. (Or 5k, but then only LW's)

Just so there's no miscommunication here, I am not referring to your penis.

Trying to imagine back when Scvmurderer played how it would look if all those CHOO CHOO spams were dominion train spams instead.
    Or even today, if guilty/inno spams were replaced by some images or emoticons.

One's worse, the other's better. So there is a world where such a feature could improve the gameplay experience just a little bit.

Funny thing is that people can also change colors for said images, so there's some depth to that as well at least for those with 20k points. (Or 5k, but then only LW's)
    Something I have come to focus on over the years is the cost benefit ratio. In any project there is limited effort and for the individual with multiple projects there is also limited effort. It becomes a question of resource allocation when thinking about 'how' that limited resource of effort should be spent.

To be blunt what you described is totally possible. I just do not see it as an effective use of time and do not think it will ever become a thing. Although I feel like the secondary and tertiary markets like Town of Salem and Among Us could make use of such ideas..

Quote Originally Posted by Helz View Post
    Something I have come to focus on over the years is the cost benefit ratio. In any project there is limited effort and for the individual with multiple projects there is also limited effort. It becomes a question of resource allocation when thinking about 'how' that limited resource of effort should be spent.

To be blunt what you described is totally possible. I just do not see it as an effective use of time and do not think it will ever become a thing. Although I feel like the secondary and tertiary markets like Town of Salem and Among Us could make use of such ideas..
    I realize it's not worth anyone's time to make it. Was still interesting to think about, for my.