Waffling ahead. [Enter at your own risk]
Register

User Tag List

1. ISO #1

Waffling ahead. [Enter at your own risk]

I imagine that when someone hears "Starcraft 2 Mafia" - all they hear is "Starcraft 2".

Like "a random forum for a random game that happens to play FM on the side" - same as we would, for example, think about Civ4 or Wrestling forums playing FM. At least that's how I do.

When in reality, we're more like Throne of Lies or Town of Salem forums, just smaller. (we're smaller than Town of Salem for sure, but Forum of Lies though seems fairly dead? That's strange because it's a name I see often on let's say MU)

Actually.. the comparison in the 2nd paragraph was unfair because Civ4 forum, for example, is massive compared to ours.. so if anything - we're the backwater community.

We're actually a small community..

I wanted to say "Quick! Someone introduce FM to Heroes of Might & Magic and Age of Empires forums, so that we're not the smallest!" - but even they are big compared to ours.

Actually, comparing Civ4 to HoMM3 is interesting - because they both, I imagine, have overlapping player base. Like there's not a player who has played and liked one but not the other. And yet, Civ4 has 0 streams on Twitch whilst very active forum but HoMM3 has always viewer count surpassing that of let's say Warcraft 3 and Age of Empires 2, yet their forum is less active.

I originally wanted to bring forth the idea of playing a friendly game with communities similar to those mentioned in the 2nd paragraph to see how we compare. RIP that idea after checking the sizes of those communities, I wanted a friendly game with equals. If we found a community as small as ours, they'd have to be dedicated Mafia forum to have any FM players.
    Last edited by OzyWho; March 30th, 2021 at 10:25 PM.

2. ISO #2

Re: Waffling ahead. [Enter at your own risk]

within giant forums like that there are often smaller cliques of those dedicated to the site who post every day and have gotten to know each other a bit. I wonder what the comparison would be if you only looked at members with greater than 1000 posts for example. Perhaps you might discover a similar-sized community hidden within the larger forums
    Have you ever heard the tragedy of Darth Jar Jar the wise?