User Tag List

1. ISO #1

2. ISO #2

3. ISO #3

4. ISO #4

Re: Don't you just love it...

Wanna become a sith lord?
    Quote Originally Posted by The Lawyer View Post
    Besides your lamp and your refridgerators, do you find anyone else suspicious?
    Quote Originally Posted by oliverz144 View Post
    it looks like many, e.g. MM and lag, suffered under the influence of paopan. However there is a victim: frinckles. He left the path of rationality and fully dived into the parallel reality of baby shark, king shark, and soviet union pizzas.
    Spoiler : The meaning of life :

5. ISO #5

6. ISO #6

7. ISO #7

Quote Originally Posted by aamirus View Post
    you think darth jar jar sucks? k
    Here was my thought process:

Before the rule of 2 - the Jedi were barely an afterthought for the Sith, the sith basically ruled the galaxy.
    During the rule of 2 - the Sith still had significant influence in the galaxy for a 1000 years, but from the shadows.

Now, the modern Sith arrive and make the Sith extinct within 20 years with their greed and stupidity.

I completely forgot about Jar Jar tbh.
    He is indeed a brilliant Sith.

8. ISO #8

9. ISO #9

Are the new Star Wars worth watching at all? I watched one and didn't really like it.
    it looks like many, e.g. MM and lag, suffered under the influence of paopan. However there is a victim: frinckles. He left the path of rationality and fully dived into the parallel reality of baby shark, king shark, and soviet union pizzas.

10. ISO #10

Quote Originally Posted by Marshmallow Marshall View Post
    Are the new Star Wars worth watching at all? I watched one and didn't really like it.
    I thought they were absolutely awful. They recognized people love having their expectations subverted with the 'I am your father' reveal from the originals and tried to copy that feeling with a bunch of poorly written 'gotcha' moments. Then the story arcs did not carry over multiple movies as if they had just written individual movies instead of a trilogy. Also they absolutely destroyed the lore of starwars with things like taking a ship light speed through another ship which invalidates the entire plot line of many movies. And after all that they killed off all the old characters we love for next to no reason and force fed a new cute robot every movie to sell toys and characters nobody gave a shit about.

If you can turn your brain off and have no love for the Starwars lore/characters, they have great acting, outstanding action scenes, amazing special effects, and highly competent camera work but those films were a terribly written cash grab. The 2nd one was easily one of the most awful high budget films I have ever seen in regards to the writing.
    Last edited by Helz; March 19th, 2021 at 04:59 AM.

11. ISO #11

Quote Originally Posted by Helz View Post
    I thought they were absolutely awful. They recognized people love having their expectations subverted with the 'I am your father' reveal from the originals and tried to copy that feeling with a bunch of poorly written 'gotcha' moments. Then the story arcs did not carry over multiple movies as if they had just written individual movies instead of a trilogy. Also they absolutely destroyed the lore of starwars with things like taking a ship light speed through another ship which invalidates the entire plot line of many movies. And after all that they killed off all the old characters we love for next to no reason and force fed a new cute robot every movie to sell toys and characters nobody gave a shit about.

If you can turn your brain off and have no love for the Starwars lore/characters, they have great acting, outstanding action scenes, amazing special effects, and highly competent camera work but those films were a terribly written cash grab. The 2nd one was easily one of the most awful high budget films I have ever seen in regards to the writing.
    This was depressing to read.

12. ISO #12

13. ISO #13

14. ISO #14

15. ISO #15

Quote Originally Posted by Helz View Post

That's what I thought... Spending one cent on this would probably be a terrible mistake. I will only ever pay for a Darth Jar Jar confirmation.

b-but cute robots tho :'(

16. ISO #16

The first new one is a total clone of the originals. Like they copy the whole plot. So it's unoriginal but I thought it was enjoyable to watch.
    Director of the second one wanted to do the exact opposite and make it into his own personal thing so he threw out the stuff setup by the first movie. He said the themes of the movie were failure and forgetting the past...
    Then the third one they went back to the director of the first one and he focused heavily on the past...

personally i enjoyed first and third one and hated the second one. Although many disliked the third one, the twist in it is basically as close as I'm ever going to get to a darth jar jar reveal. Personally i was cackling hysterically for that.
    Have you ever heard the tragedy of Darth Jar Jar the wise?