S-FM 325: Trust Fall (10p) - Page 2
Register

User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
  1. ISO #51

Re: S-FM Trust Fall (10p)

Quote Originally Posted by OzyWho View Post
    Ok, some quick thoughts about the game.

We have infinite time, and the last "Trust Falls" will always be the hardest to hit correctly.

From my point of view, I'll never trust anyone until we're 1 Trust Fall away from winning AND I'm 100% sure of whom to Trust Fall with. That way I can ensure that we have the best chance of winning this game.

However, until then, I think it's best if we all come to an agreement. An agreement that all Trust Falls in this game will be by a conensus between everybody in this game, or almost everybody.
    Throughout the way, keep in mind that the Mafia have a permanent chat - and they will no doubt will try to divide us at some point or something like that. It's just as crucial for us to try and catch them coordinating something as it is for them to try and coordinate something - especially in a scenario where we landed 2 successful trust falls and are 1 away from victory.

@Mike I TRUST bekarmir

Would you accept that?
    If we all "never trust anyone until we're 1 trust away from winning", then the game is never going to end lol. Simply waiting until we're 100 % sure of who to trust fall with is a better course of action.

Everyone coming to an agreement before doing anything will never work: not everyone has the same interests here. There will necessarily be scum disruption. Plus, you cannot expect everyone to think the same, and you cannot expect everyone to be right even if they think the same, either. Listening to others' opinions and especially doubts about others is a very healthy behavior in this game, but trying to form an unbreakable mass decision block where nobody can ever agree or disagree will create artificial reads. If we actually follow that course of action because we think it's optimal, those who play by the rules of that game will simply follow the consensus and be shielded by it, while those who do not want to will be artificially scumread. And if we follow that course of action but don't think it's optimal, well... it's pointless.

DON'T THOU SPEAKETH THE FORBIDDEN WORDS IMMEDIATLY, FOOL!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Lawyer View Post
    Besides your lamp and your refridgerators, do you find anyone else suspicious?
    Quote Originally Posted by oliverz144 View Post
    it looks like many, e.g. MM and lag, suffered under the influence of paopan. However there is a victim: frinckles. He left the path of rationality and fully dived into the parallel reality of baby shark, king shark, and soviet union pizzas.
    Spoiler : The meaning of life :

2. ISO #52

Quote Originally Posted by Happymeal View Post
    allah hu ackbar

-vote I trust OzyWho
    I assume that's not accepted and that it was never made to be, since it doesn't follow the format given in the setup. Still, what makes you say that (I'm here assuming you're not trolling)? Ozy's mechanical discussion is nice, but he could very well do that as scum, especially considering he made the setup. You're a special guy, so I'm not instantly labeling you as scum because you made a special play, but this doesn't look particularly good.
    it looks like many, e.g. MM and lag, suffered under the influence of paopan. However there is a victim: frinckles. He left the path of rationality and fully dived into the parallel reality of baby shark, king shark, and soviet union pizzas.

3. ISO #53

Tbh, you're basically a piece of furniture in the house of SC2 Mafia. This infinite setup fits you well.
    The only missing are Aamirus and Stealthbomber16 imo.
    How dare you call SJ a simple piece of furniture. My gut tells me he's good this game, but obviously, that's not even close to being strong enough for a trust fall.
    I'm alone now...
    I guess SJ reads setup, and baker was only "online" by that weird phone thingy.

Worth a note - it's been nearly an hour since the game is open. I've seen luona and Renegade online in the main page at some point or another, but they never bothered to visit this page. Maybe scum chat. Maybe setup reading. Probably nothing. But I thought it worth pointing out.
    Maybe scumpainting. Maybe genuine observation. Probably nothing. But I think it means absolutely nothing.
    =) (=

4. ISO #54

Interesting stories about your names, Renegade and Ozy. I thought Renegade was quite straightforward, but I had always wondered about the Who and the Ozy and the Ozywho ^^

Quote Originally Posted by luona View Post
    ah hihi, ive played forum mafia a few years ago but im very bad and forgot how to play pretty much, i hope i do well enough..
    the setup i kinda understand, like we're town hunting instead of scumhunting right?
    Lol don't worry, we're not that good either... And yes, you're right about the setup's mechanics. Do you have any reads as of now? "Every bit helps", as they say; right now, we're just trying to find something to jump on so that meaningful discussion can begin. Usually, that'd be RVS (Random Voting Stage), but since this isn't a normal mafia game, we're just going to point fingers and give our hearts before we can start giving our trust, I guess.

5. ISO #55

Quote Originally Posted by Marshmallow Marshall View Post
    If we all "never trust anyone until we're 1 trust away from winning", then the game is never going to end lol. Simply waiting until we're 100 % sure of who to trust fall with is a better course of action.
    I think you missing the point.
    For example, let's assume you're the best player in the lobby and that you're town. Well, in that case - it is in your and your teams best interest to stay in the game until the final day/-s, guiding everyone else along the way and making the final, toughest, decision yourself and be the last man to leave the ship.
    Hence why, for example, I said I prefer SJ to be in the F4/F6.

Everyone coming to an agreement before doing anything will never work: not everyone has the same interests here. There will necessarily be scum disruption. Plus, you cannot expect everyone to think the same, and you cannot expect everyone to be right even if they think the same, either.
    Doesn't mean that we can't try though. Having different mindsets and opinions doesn't mean we shouldn't use the infinite time to come as close to a consensus as possible before making decisions.

Listening to others' opinions and especially doubts about others is a very healthy behavior in this game, but trying to form an unbreakable mass decision block where nobody can ever agree or disagree will create artificial reads.
    Depends on where you draw the line in the sand I guess?
    I just want nobody to making foolish hero syndrome decisions that nobody else agrees with. Would kinda make the game useless, ngl.

If we actually follow that course of action because we think it's optimal, those who play by the rules of that game will simply follow the consensus and be shielded by it, while those who do not want to will be artificially scumread. And if we follow that course of action but don't think it's optimal, well... it's pointless.
    Good point tbh!

DON'T THOU SPEAKETH THE FORBIDDEN WORDS IMMEDIATLY, FOOL!
    Look at the content it created though!

6. ISO #56

I assume that's not accepted and that it was never made to be, since it doesn't follow the format given in the setup. Still, what makes you say that (I'm here assuming you're not trolling)? Ozy's mechanical discussion is nice, but he could very well do that as scum, especially considering he made the setup. You're a special guy, so I'm not instantly labeling you as scum because you made a special play, but this doesn't look particularly good.
    I'd do same/similar mechanical discussion as either alignment, that is true. You should know that by default tbh. :P

I'm just sad that you're the only one even willing to chip in on proper setup play discussion. Ofc I expect that from you, but I hoped more than just you tbh.

7. ISO #57

Quote Originally Posted by Red XIII View Post
    Hello there everyone, let's have a fun game.

I've read the setup and it seems pretty straightforward. I will say that Mr Ozy is already on the list of people I don't trust, as he has already single handedly seized control of the game, making declarations such as "the first person who trusts another is labeled mafia forever", and "nobody is allowed to state they trust someone without group consensus". Considering that mafia is informed and town is not, this is very extremely scummy as mafia can just push that consensus where they want to.

Anyhoo, looking forward to playing with you all see you tomorrow
    Welcome!
    I agree on the principle - you're actually mirroring my thoughts about Ozy's proposed course of action -, but you're confusing wrong and scum. His interventions are NAI.

8. ISO #58

AHHH nono dont feel bad
    lets both pinky promise we'll be the worst so that nobody feels bad

yeah he wants to make you untrusted so that nobody will ever ever trust fall with you cause he needs to fall with a townie to win!!
    Actually I had a small epiphany. I think there's a Town Range where this was genuine... my mind just somehow dismissed it as impossible earlier tbh, didn't even think of that option somehow. xD

GOD I NEED TO BE ABLE TO PUT YOU IN A RANGE!

Quote Originally Posted by bakermir View Post
    It is all real though, you used the c word and tried to trick me into trusting you. With all the posts we have so far you are my first scumread.
    Do I understand you correct? You think I, as scum, would trust a random townie first thing in the game in the hopes that they would blindly trust me back immediatly?

baker, this is so outside of your Town Range that i'd expect from you...
    I'm not opposed to the idea that my expectations of your Town Range could be wrong, as my main point what made you a strong town in the games we played were that you were the most "pure townie" tonally speaking.

I'd have to ISO your past games to see if this thinking process really is outside your Town Range or not...

9. ISO #59

Welcome!
    I agree on the principle - you're actually mirroring my thoughts about Ozy's proposed course of action -, but you're confusing wrong and scum. His interventions are NAI.
    Me saying what I think is the proper way to play the setup, or pointing out stuff = "taking control".
    Discuss anything? Agree / Disagree with stuff? Prove wrong if disagree? Fuck that. The guy talking about the game can obviously have only 1 intention and 1 intention alone - to "take control" (how even?).

You know how in champs qualifiers town does massively underperform due to "culture clash" and "not understanding each other" - I think this game will have a portion of that same effect.

10. ISO #60

I think you missing the point.
    For example, let's assume you're the best player in the lobby and that you're town. Well, in that case - it is in your and your teams best interest to stay in the game until the final day/-s, guiding everyone else along the way and making the final, toughest, decision yourself and be the last man to leave the ship.
    Hence why, for example, I said I prefer SJ to be in the F4/F6.
    Sure, I guess. I don't think it matters much; if others are actually that bad, they're just not going to listen to you . However, the fact you're expressing the desire to be among the last ones standing is showing a town PoV. Scum wouldn't care about that, and it takes a special level of immersion in one's fake town role for one to think about this kind of thing.

Doesn't mean that we can't try though. Having different mindsets and opinions doesn't mean we shouldn't use the infinite time to come as close to a consensus as possible before making decisions.
    We should use the time we have and make sure everyone has discussed so that we gain as much info as possible, yes. That doesn't mean we have to chain ourselves by a strict consensus policy, though.

Depends on where you draw the line in the sand I guess?
    I just want nobody to making foolish hero syndrome decisions that nobody else agrees with. Would kinda make the game useless, ngl.
    Agreed. As I said, it's healthy to listen to others here. None of the extremes are good, "the truth lies in the middle".

Look at the content it created though!
    Ehh, true, true. I don't particularly like Baker's tone, but it tells nothing more for now. Perhaps later.

11. ISO #61

Me saying what I think is the proper way to play the setup, or pointing out stuff = "taking control".
    Discuss anything? Agree / Disagree with stuff? Prove wrong if disagree? Fuck that. The guy talking about the game can obviously have only 1 intention and 1 intention alone - to "take control" (how even?).

You know how in champs qualifiers town does massively underperform due to "culture clash" and "not understanding each other" - I think this game will have a portion of that same effect.
    Scum controlling day chat absolutely is a thing. However, that's a general tendency observed over the course of several game days, not of some hours, especially not the first ones lol. I don't think he's ungenuine when he says that, though. Simply misguided.
    And you're right about culture clash ^^ let's try not to fall victims to this

12. ISO #62

Scum controlling day chat absolutely is a thing. However, that's a general tendency observed over the course of several game days, not of some hours, especially not the first ones lol. I don't think he's ungenuine when he says that, though. Simply misguided.
    And you're right about culture clash ^^ let's try not to fall victims to this
    Ohh it definetly feilt genuine.
    I don't expect a Scum to put out their neck like that first thing in the game, especially on a foreign site.

13. ISO #63

Hello there everyone, let's have a fun game.

I've read the setup and it seems pretty straightforward. I will say that Mr Ozy is already on the list of people I don't trust, as he has already single handedly seized control of the game, making declarations such as "the first person who trusts another is labeled mafia forever", and "nobody is allowed to state they trust someone without group consensus". Considering that mafia is informed and town is not, this is very extremely scummy as mafia can just push that consensus where they want to.

Anyhoo, looking forward to playing with you all see you tomorrow
    i think this is townie thoughts

Lol don't worry, we're not that good either... And yes, you're right about the setup's mechanics. Do you have any reads as of now? "Every bit helps", as they say; right now, we're just trying to find something to jump on so that meaningful discussion can begin. Usually, that'd be RVS (Random Voting Stage), but since this isn't a normal mafia game, we're just going to point fingers and give our hearts before we can start giving our trust, I guess.
    My thoughts are:
    happy meal evil
    lily and red gud

GOD I NEED TO BE ABLE TO PUT YOU IN A RANGE! .
    im sorry am i confusing

14. ISO #64

Welcome!
    I'm not confusing anything. Your opinion is that his actions don't indicate his alignment. My opinion is that he has already hijacked the game.

15. ISO #65

Any particular reason why you didn't respond to my accusation directly and rather went with this approach instead? Feels a bit condescending tbh, don't know if that was your intent though.

16. ISO #66

17. ISO #67

18. ISO #68

I'm not confusing anything. Your opinion is that his actions don't indicate his alignment. My opinion is that he has already hijacked the game.
    Tbh, MM knows me since before my first ever FM game, just like Oberon, - I'd be surprised if he didn't find my mechanics discussion NAI.

Your opinion is fun tbh. Because - is it a Scum reaction upon feeling cornered, or is it a type of Town paranoia?
    It was unique to you alone.

I'd think that Scum wouldn't want to stick out their necks so early and in a foreign place. But I don't know you, so it'd be a presumption.

@luona you know Red? As scum, is he usually a careful type?

Any particular reason why you didn't respond to my accusation directly and rather went with this approach instead? Feels a bit condescending tbh, don't know if that was your intent though.
    Tbh, it would had ended up even more condescending if I directed my response towards you personally instead of towards the play itself.
    Regardless, you have my response in the post that you quoted.

Quote Originally Posted by Renegade View Post
    I think the main area for us to exploit is that mafia can't trust fall with mafia. Thoughts?
    I had a fantasy of catching 2 scums, who happen to be top townreading each other, by calling them out on not trust falling together after making cases on why they're Scum individually.

The truth is though that any scum, who has read the setup and has half a brain cell, would never have their partner as a top townread just for that niche possibility of being called out.

But tbh, that method of "calling out" is dangerous as it could lead to a scummy slot getting trust fallen.

19. ISO #69

luona you know Red? As scum, is he usually a careful type?
    I don't know red, I just find his actions townie like.

The only person I know here is lily, and i trust shes town rn. As town shes usually more on the ~inactive side of town, as scum she approaches the game in a much more.. town leader way.
    does this make sense?
    i wanna trust fall with her so bad, but its too early and she hasnt even said a word yet! we need to carry yall before we go out with a bang

20. ISO #70

The only person I know here is lily, and i trust shes town rn. As town shes usually more on the ~inactive side of town, as scum she approaches the game in a much more.. town leader way.
    does this make sense?
    i wanna trust fall with her so bad, but its too early and she hasnt even said a word yet! we need to carry yall before we go out with a bang
    Who's Lilly?

21. ISO #71

22. ISO #72

does this make sense?
    Wait a second!
    How can you think she's town when she hasn't even said a word yet?

Out of game communication is against FM rules..

23. ISO #73

Actually I had a small epiphany. I think there's a Town Range where this was genuine... my mind just somehow dismissed it as impossible earlier tbh, didn't even think of that option somehow. xD

GOD I NEED TO BE ABLE TO PUT YOU IN A RANGE!

Do I understand you correct? You think I, as scum, would trust a random townie first thing in the game in the hopes that they would blindly trust me back immediatly?

baker, this is so outside of your Town Range that i'd expect from you...
    I'm not opposed to the idea that my expectations of your Town Range could be wrong, as my main point what made you a strong town in the games we played were that you were the most "pure townie" tonally speaking.

I'd have to ISO your past games to see if this thinking process really is outside your Town Range or not...
    I do happen to be town on almost all of my games in sc2maf. The main fallacy here is that you believe I am wifoming here while I believe in a game with no PR and two lone wolves only informed about each other - I have no reason to hold on to my reads.

I don't claim this to be the pro strat, I am just trying to play T_T

24. ISO #74

25. ISO #75

Quote Originally Posted by bakermir View Post
    I do happen to be town on almost all of my games in sc2maf. The main fallacy here is that you believe I am wifoming here while I believe in a game with no PR and two lone wolves only informed about each other - I have no reason to hold on to my reads.

I don't claim this to be the pro strat, I am just trying to play T_T
    Same here

Tell if you ever feel like getting discouraged to play by me. That's the last thing I want.

26. ISO #76

Wait a second!
    How can you think she's town when she hasn't even said a word yet?

Out of game communication is against FM rules..
    I've played tos and stuff like that with her before, i feel like she would be trying to take control of chat and lead us if she was mafia? from what i can tell as town she usually just stays quiet until later on.

27. ISO #77

how do we exploit it?

I had a fantasy of catching 2 scums, who happen to be top townreading each other, by calling them out on not trust falling together after making cases on why they're Scum individually.

The truth is though that any scum, who has read the setup and has half a brain cell, would never have their partner as a top townread just for that niche possibility of being called out.

But tbh, that method of "calling out" is dangerous as it could lead to a scummy slot getting trust fallen.
    I was thinking along the lines Ozywho was thinking.

I don't know about assuming brain cells Ozy I've seen some goofy stuff here

28. ISO #78

29. ISO #79

I've played tos and stuff like that with her before, i feel like she would be trying to take control of chat and lead us if she was mafia? from what i can tell as town she usually just stays quiet until later on.
    Ohh, ok yeah that makes sense now.

But be careful plz. The Mafia need nothing more than to gain the trust of 1 Townie to trust fall with, and if she's Mafia then she's obviously aware how to best gain your trust.

30. ISO #80

31. ISO #81

32. ISO #82

33. ISO #83

34. ISO #84

35. ISO #85

Ohh, ok yeah that makes sense now.

But be careful plz. The Mafia need nothing more than to gain the trust of 1 Townie to trust fall with, and if she's Mafia then she's obviously aware how to best gain your trust.
    @luona

But also look out for people who are trying dislodge people's trust. Mafia may want people to trust them but they don't want town to trust others either.

For example, what Ozy just did means he might be Mafia and know both you and lily are town and don't want you t trust her.

Another example is that I could be Mafia in this post, and know you and Ozy are town. I might even be a Mafia with Lily and don't want you to mistrust her.
    Cryptonic made this sig

Quote Originally Posted by HentaiManOfPeace View Post
    gotchu fam

Attachment 28016

36. ISO #86

37. ISO #87

38. ISO #88

Quote Originally Posted by SuperJack View Post
    @luona

But also look out for people who are trying dislodge people's trust. Mafia may want people to trust them but they don't want town to trust others either.

For example, what Ozy just did means he might be Mafia and know both you and lily are town and don't want you t trust her.

Another example is that I could be Mafia in this post, and know you and Ozy are town. I might even be a Mafia with Lily and don't want you to mistrust her.
    so you and ozy are both mafia?

39. ISO #89

40. ISO #90

41. ISO #91

Is this what we are supposed to discuss? I'm not even completely sure on what we do talk about. We could be here forever.

Can we play some games?
    There's so few posts in the game and even fewer have about reads on people.

I think it's not too much to ask of you to quote all regarding discussions about concrete people's alignments - and give your input. Even simple comments such as "merit" and "no merit" could move the game forward.

42. ISO #92

43. ISO #93

44. ISO #94

Btw I'm gonna use this game to try and socialize. Im not sure if I'm lonely or not atm.
    Haven't you got a wife and 1 or 2 kids?

You're nothing like what I remember of you in the, I think 3, maybe 4, games we recently played and you were town in all of them.

45. ISO #95

46. ISO #96

47. ISO #97

48. ISO #98

49. ISO #99

50. ISO #100

Haven't you got a wife and 1 or 2 kids?

You're nothing like what I remember of you in the, I think 3, maybe 4, games we recently played and you were town in all of them.
    Yes. I mean in the friend department. Family life is great.
    Cryptonic made this sig

Quote Originally Posted by HentaiManOfPeace View Post
    gotchu fam

Attachment 28016