1. ISO #1

2. ISO #2

Zoey: 1-S2-1-761133

Account Name: Zoey
    Account ID: 1-S2-1-761133
    In-Game Name:

Crimes Committed: Name Abuse

Your Account Name: Handler
    Summary: The player (10) used a blank name, which is pretty explicitly forbidden. Was summarily executed by me N1 before this could cause issues later in the game. Note that the execution itself didn't affect the outcome of the game, since the serial killer attacked 10 that night as well. Player demonstrates failure to understand wrongdoing in dead chat.
    Attached Files Attached Files

3. ISO #3

Re: Zoey: 1-S2-1-761133

Zoey: 1-S2-1-761133

He chooses a blank or something that can't be seen as a name. He is targeted by both jailors and sk n1.

He does indeed seems oblivious to the crime, and he has no report record before this.
    Name Abuse
    WLx1
    I have no use for these bloodless minnows. Bring me a prey that will sate my bloodlust. I hunger.

4. ISO #4

5. ISO #5

You are correct that I didn't know it was against the rules (https://sc2mafia.fandom.com/wiki/Rules). I apologize for that. I had to look it up on the wiki to figure it out. I originally didn't trust people who told me it was against the rules because people have lied to me about game rules in the past. I know naming rules get relaxed as you get more points and I saw that I was allowed to make a blank name recently. I assumed 7k+ points les you do that.

If these rules aren't up to date, can you please redirect me to the correct rules? Is there a detailed list on rules related to names?

I would however like to like clarification on another rule. "Play to your role's win condition." Was it fair for someone to kill me as a jailor purely on the basis that I was breaking the name rule? Handler says "Note that the execution itself didn't affect the outcome of the game, since the serial killer attacked 10 that night as well." When he was jailing and executing me, he had no idea that sk would target me. He actually believed me that I was town. It seems to me he wasn't playing to his win condition and just targeting me? It leaves a bitter taste in my mouth for me to get a warning while the guy who reported me knowingly broke the rules in the same game.
    Last edited by Zoey; February 19th, 2021 at 07:36 PM.

6. ISO #6

Quote Originally Posted by Zoey View Post
    You are correct that I didn't know it was against the rules (https://sc2mafia.fandom.com/wiki/Rules). I apologize for that. I had to look it up on the wiki to figure it out. I originally didn't trust people who told me it was against the rules because people have lied to me about game rules in the past. I know naming rules get relaxed as you get more points and I saw that I was allowed to make a blank name recently. I assumed 7k+ points les you do that.

If these rules aren't up to date, can you please redirect me to the correct rules? Is there a detailed list on rules related to names?

I would however like to like clarification on another rule. "Play to your role's win condition." Was it fair for someone to kill me as a jailor purely on the basis that I was breaking the name rule? Handler says "Note that the execution itself didn't affect the outcome of the game, since the serial killer attacked 10 that night as well." When he was jailing and executing me, he had no idea that sk would target me. He actually believed me that I was town. It seems to me he wasn't playing to his win condition and just targeting me? It leaves a bitter taste in my mouth for me to get a warning while the guy who reported me knowingly broke the rules in the same game.
    https://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/announcement.php?f=6

The big green banner that says “READ THIS”.
    Quote Originally Posted by S-FM Unfunny View Post
    How dare you send me another box of cereal
    Quote Originally Posted by ChannelMiner View Post
    Anyways I shot Brad due to my morbid fear of zombies.

7. ISO #7

That’s not our wiki either, it was abandoned a long time ago cuz of the ad spam. Anyway I think given you didn’t know we can certainly grant an appeal here so this doesn’t count against your record at all
    @Arrow

As for the jailor, ultimately on n1 there’s no reason to believe you’re truly town. There’s been plenty of heated discussions if it’s good or bad to execute n1 but ultimately we’ll generally only punish when someone is clearly executing a confirmed towny
    Last edited by DJarJar; February 20th, 2021 at 12:42 AM.
    Have you ever heard the tragedy of Darth Jar Jar the wise?

8. ISO #8

9. ISO #9

Quote Originally Posted by Stealthbomber16 View Post

Is the "Report Format" post supposed to also be official rules page? There's no way anyone would know that, even if they would go look for it before playing the game for some odd reason.

If there isn't already, I think it's proper to have rules in-game in the "Help" page where all the commands are.
    Last edited by OzyWho; February 20th, 2021 at 02:17 AM.

10. ISO #10

Quote Originally Posted by Stealthbomber16 View Post

Thank you for this. So it seems that weird colors that make names to dark are banned, blank names are banned, names to long are banned, and chat colors that look like official text are banned. Is that the complete list?

I enjoy playing around with the names and I've definitely seen these rules broken many times by other players. I guess you guys can't enforce what we don't report.

To get further clarification, would there be any issue with the following names?
    "four"
    "16"
    "~!@!@#$$%&^*&^&*(("
    the n word
    some other racist name
    " ."

To be clear, I don't ever use racist names, but I see them very regularly.

11. ISO #11

Quote Originally Posted by aamirus View Post
    That’s not our wiki either, it was abandoned a long time ago cuz of the ad spam. Anyway I think given you didn’t know we can certainly grant an appeal here so this doesn’t count against your record at all
    @Arrow

As for the jailor, ultimately on n1 there’s no reason to believe you’re truly town. There’s been plenty of heated discussions if it’s good or bad to execute n1 but ultimately we’ll generally only punish when someone is clearly executing a confirmed towny
    Thank you very much for this. I appreciate being considered for an appeal.

I guess it was possible that the reason the jailor executed me was because they always exec night 1 and the rule breaking name was just an excuse. The clarification removed that bitter taste in my mouth. Thank you.

12. ISO #12