Double Standards in Racism and Sexism - Page 2
Register

User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
  1. ISO #51

2. ISO #52

Re: Double Standards in Racism and Sexism

Quote Originally Posted by OzyWho View Post
    In the TV Series "American Gods" - there's like one Jesus for every race purely because of this reason.
    There's a scene with 12 Jesus'..

Also, ftr, it makes 0 sense for why Jesus is thought to be white. But at least they've thought about it in the past: "The race and appearance of Jesus has been a topic of discussion since the days of early Christianity."
    why?

3. ISO #53

4. ISO #54

In the TV Series "American Gods" - there's like one Jesus for every race purely because of this reason.

Also, ftr, it makes 0 sense for why Jesus is thought to be white. But at least they've thought about it in the past: "The race and appearance of Jesus has been a topic of discussion since the days of early Christianity."
    Loved that episode when he puts the glass on the water and says "God damnit" because he forgets it can't float
    (๑˃̵ᴗ˂̵)ﻭ 레드벨벳 ! ! ٩(♡ε♡ )۶

5. ISO #55

6. ISO #56

7. ISO #57

8. ISO #58

wouldnt the proper plural term for Jesus be Jesi
    Quote Originally Posted by S-FM Unfunny View Post
    How dare you send me another box of cereal
    Quote Originally Posted by ChannelMiner View Post
    Anyways I shot Brad due to my morbid fear of zombies.

9. ISO #59

10. ISO #60

Wearing natural hairstyles harms the job prospects of Black women. I think that's funny.
    (the study page it linked is purchasable for not so cheap price. But it has referenced many many google scholar links, so I think it's safe to assume that study is legit)

I'm not surprised that someone is subconsciously judged in a job interview by how "appropriate" they dressed and styled their hair. But I think it's funny that what's "appropriate" is the beauty standards of white women.
    But cmoon. That black women natural hair style legit gives a feeling of unprofessionalism.

11. ISO #61

Saying that someone's natural hair is unprofessional, irrespective of their race, is an incredibly shitty thing to say tbh. Obviously unkempt hair is a different story but unkempt hair isn't relevant here. Also how in any way is that woman's hair unprofessional? That lady is BLESSED to have hair like that naturally to the point I don't quite buy it's completely natural. The amount of work the average african american woman has to put it to style their hair how they want it is actually insane.

12. ISO #62

13. ISO #63

But cmoon. That black women natural hair style legit gives a feeling of unprofessionalism.
    That's because you've internalized white beauty standards and you're applying them to black people. Such hair on a white person would signify that they aren't taking care of themselves and their hygiene is severely fucked up.

Which isn't to say that you're racist, or a bad person at all. It's just the fact of the matter that most people have some amount of internalized discrimination, prejudice, or racial norms. I do, as well. Coming to terms with it is important.

14. ISO #64

15. ISO #65

16. ISO #66

I’m pretty sure that if people said ‘retard’ instead of ‘ideologue’ when confronting these HEATHENS society and would resume normalcy. These people have already lost their minds, and conservatives are exaggerating their importance and danger. Basically conservatives are in danger of losing their minds as well. If people stopped feeding the TROLLS it would be better for everyone:P you hear ppl calling BLM and whatnot retards almost never nowadays whereas the term ‘libtard’ was thrown around quite casually say just 2 years ago. America has been through worse than Joe Biden and the BLM Riots. I mean the early 1900s were an extremely chaotic period, much more so than 2020/21. You literally had anarchists assassinating or at least attempting to assassinate the President of the United States. Contrast this to the so-called occupation of the capital which is really nothing more than a circus act; if you view it dispassionately its actually pretty frigging hilarious. The soldiers at the Capital don’t even have MAGAZINES xd

17. ISO #67

Oh and the so-called 'insurrection' which is literally nothing more than a few retards, some of whom were violent, some of whom were literally hanging around for, idk, tourism? Idk what their problem was to be honest, probably just good old-fashioned stupidity
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M0l7xH5zbIg&t=68s
    skip to 15:30
    lol

18. ISO #68

19. ISO #69

To the people saying 'but they're ideologues and dangerous, and not all of them are retarded' yeah no. You should read a little book by Carlo Cipolla about stupidity, one of the conclusions is that people always underestimate the proportion of stupid people in society. Also just to see how close to the truth that book is, people have tried banning it in Italy multiple times :P

20. ISO #70

Quote Originally Posted by oops_ur_dead View Post
    That's because you've internalized white beauty standards and you're applying them to black people. Such hair on a white person would signify that they aren't taking care of themselves and their hygiene is severely fucked up.

Which isn't to say that you're racist, or a bad person at all. It's just the fact of the matter that most people have some amount of internalized discrimination, prejudice, or racial norms. I do, as well. Coming to terms with it is important.
    You're pushing a bit: one can simply not like the haircut, no matter what the skin color of the person wearing it is. I for one find that haircut really beautiful, while I also find some other "typical black haircuts", if these even exist, ugly... and the same applies to some "typical white haircuts", if these even exist. That has absolutely nothing to do with racism, and trying to find discrimination in every thing you do or think is completely ridiculous. What would be racist would be "what a bad black haircut" or "its bad because blacks wear it". This is just... personal taste.

Same applies to music, by the way. If I listen almost exclusively to foreign music, does it mean I'm racist against myself?
    Quote Originally Posted by The Lawyer View Post
    Besides your lamp and your refridgerators, do you find anyone else suspicious?
    Quote Originally Posted by oliverz144 View Post
    it looks like many, e.g. MM and lag, suffered under the influence of paopan. However there is a victim: frinckles. He left the path of rationality and fully dived into the parallel reality of baby shark, king shark, and soviet union pizzas.
    Spoiler : The meaning of life :

21. ISO #71

Quote Originally Posted by Marshmallow Marshall View Post
    You're pushing a bit: one can simply not like the haircut, no matter what the skin color of the person wearing it is. I for one find that haircut really beautiful, while I also find some other "typical black haircuts", if these even exist, ugly... and the same applies to some "typical white haircuts", if these even exist. That has absolutely nothing to do with racism, and trying to find discrimination in every thing you do or think is completely ridiculous. What would be racist would be "what a bad black haircut" or "its bad because blacks wear it". This is just... personal taste.

Same applies to music, by the way. If I listen almost exclusively to foreign music, does it mean I'm racist against myself?
    It's one thing to find something unattractive, another to find it "unprofessional looking". I think business attire looks fucking stupid, but there's no question that it's professional.

22. ISO #72

23. ISO #73

24. ISO #74

25. ISO #75

26. ISO #76

It's one thing to find something unattractive, another to find it "unprofessional looking". I think business attire looks fucking stupid, but there's no question that it's professional.
    "Professional-looking" is relative and culturally and personally set, just like "beautiful".
    Quote Originally Posted by The Lawyer View Post
    Besides your lamp and your refridgerators, do you find anyone else suspicious?
    Quote Originally Posted by oliverz144 View Post
    it looks like many, e.g. MM and lag, suffered under the influence of paopan. However there is a victim: frinckles. He left the path of rationality and fully dived into the parallel reality of baby shark, king shark, and soviet union pizzas.
    Spoiler : The meaning of life :

27. ISO #77

So....? There is still a difference. Those Karen haircuts are shit on a personal level but are fine in a professional setting. Saying that an African American's natural hair style is unprofessional is like saying this is an unprofessional haircut for a white woman. It's completely unreasonable and just shows at best ignorance.

28. ISO #78

Quote Originally Posted by Marshmallow Marshall View Post
    "Professional-looking" is relative and culturally and personally set, just like "beautiful".
    Yes, that's exactly what I'm saying. Society has arbitrarily decided that natural black hair is unprofessional, while natural white hair is professional. Feel free to think of explanations as to why

29. ISO #79

Why is it remotely relevant what some hair colour or style or whatever looks like
    Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder
    If the man doesn’t like them that doesn’t make him ignorant, it just makes him a man with an opinion. Lol!
    My best friend swears up and down girls instantly become significantly more attractive if they have blond hair to the point where he would ignore a cute girl if her hair wasn’t blond. I think that’s retarded, but that’s just his opinion

30. ISO #80

Second, why is Jesus’ race or appearance or whatever the fuck relevant? I can’t say I’ve ever given the matter any thought whatsoever and as far as I’m concerned it’s literally completely irrelevant. Very irrelevant detail. I doubt any Christian, Jew or Muslim would be even vaguely influenced by the knowledge of Jesus’ race

31. ISO #81

Keyword was unprofessional. It's fine if you do not like the hairstyle on a personal level, but to say its unprofessional is to say its unfit to be in the workplace. Like I said the Karen haircut is a shit haircut but it's fine in a professional field. A mowhawk/mullet on the other hand is a rad haircut but it's understandable how it is considered unprofessional, even if it's immaculately maintained.

32. ISO #82

Like I said before, I'd be curious as to why Ozy thinks its unprofessional. Is it because it's curly? Is it because it's thick? Is it's length? Is it because he isn't used to seeing hair like that? I'm going to go out on a limb and say he just isn't used to african american hair and isn't aware how different it is from caucasian hair. All it takes is a little time looking up how different hair is for african americans and it will give a new perspective on this.

33. ISO #83

Jesus' appearance was being discussed because we briefly spoke about how we project ourselves into characters. If I read a story where the person's appearance isn't blatantly stated, I'm going to probably subconsciously project them in my head as white because I am white. Ozy pointed out this is why Jesus' appearance was represented by numerous ethnicities in a TV series, which made other people talk about it.

Understand now?

34. ISO #84

I got that perfectly but I think that line of thought is a bit pathological. Becauze obviously the conclusion is you see yourself as white in other characters because white people are superior to every other race, right? 😁
    Anyways I looked at various hairstyles that are considered unprofessional and I must say a lot of these just seem fucking stupid to me. Only a couple really seemed unprofessional to me, so I can’t understand the obsession with what someone’s hair looks like. It must be that everyone apart from myself and including my friend got the memo, but not me. D:

35. ISO #85

36. ISO #86

37. ISO #87

38. ISO #88

39. ISO #89

40. ISO #90

41. ISO #91

42. ISO #92

Nobody said that imagining characters as your own race is racist. Whats with the victimization complex?
    It’s always funny seeing people who believe in systemic racism talk about a victimization complex 😇

43. ISO #93

44. ISO #94

45. ISO #95

Why do you believe that everyone is calling you or a particular way of thinking racist when nobody is doing so? That's approaching the territory of schizophrenic delusion.
    Not everyone is doing it. You are!

46. ISO #96

47. ISO #97

48. ISO #98

Quote Originally Posted by SuperJack View Post
    I went to the clothing store today. I want clothes that look nice and happy. I see a sea of multi colours and many different designs and looks. So awesome.
    But, this is all for kids or women.

I go to the men's section. My choice is depression.
    Grey, black, dark blue. Maroon if you're lucky or that horrid mold green colour if you really want to go wild.
    I have to say the selection for men's clothing is extremely depressing. I just want some bright colorful clothing, or something that just doesn't make me want to kill myself. God damn fucking sexist men's fashion.
    UWOWU HEWWO!!!

49. ISO #99

Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    Why is it important to figure out the exact reason why people view challenging the status quo as bigotry? Whatever the sociological reason, the underlying cause inevitably leads to stupidity and bullshit. I think there’s multiple parts to this... a lot of info is available online nowadays and that leads people to think they know bullshit without actually knowing anything. The fact that there’s a lot of garbage on the internet is bad enough, but this is compounded by the worsening quality of education. Basically: there’s a lot of stupids out there who ‘google-know’ things out there and SEEM to be educated without actually being educated. Social media and globalization play a large role in this too. Never before could the dumbest of ideas at the bottom of society gain such traction as they do now. Retards now have an audience on shit like Twitter and ect.
    i thought keeping the status quo is bigotry, not challnging it xD

50. ISO #100

Quote Originally Posted by Helz View Post
    Something I have considered over the last few years is how little our society actually cares for equality. Even just writing some of these out I had this voice in the back of my head calling myself a sexist or a racist just for saying them yet when I stop and think about it there is no justifiable reason. If you can not invert the race or sex and justify the action its a double standard.

On Racism:
    If you make an African American only organization its progressive but if you make a white only organization its racist.

Events such as 'Black history month' are seen as normal but if you were to make a 'white history month' people would probably loose their shit.

If you have a company with 100% Latino employees its ok but if you have one with 100% white people its discrimination.

Big media platforms like Amazon, Netflix and Youtube push category's highlighting Latino or African American culture which is seen as normal but I have never seen any platform push a white persons content on account of their race and if it was it would likely be seen as offensive/racist.

Extremism on one side is seemingly protected such as Professor Tommy Curry from A&M advocating that white people should be afraid of black people and even saying some white people may need to die in an interview without loosing his job.

On Sexism:
    One of my favorite law suits right now is a federal suit against a Utah law against women being topless in public. The state is in the awkward position of arguing to restrict women's rights on the basis of religious morality. Utah, Colorado, Wyoming, New Mexico, Kansas, and Oklahoma will all have to allow topless women if the federal suit rules it unconstitutional.

If a girl gets laid a lot she is a slut but if a guy does it he is a badass.

If a guy calls women liers, cheaters, sluts, prevailed ect he is considered an evil pig but if a feminist trashes on men the same way people just shrug.

A girl is seen as bossy and controlling if she acts with authority while its just seen as being a leader for a guy to do it.

If a guy slaps a waitress' ass its assault but if a girl who looks like a guy, dresses like a guy, and acts like a guy does it its somehow acceptable. Same parallel with blatantly asking for sex.

A University of Michigan Law School found that overall men receive 63% longer prison sentences and women are twice as likely to avoid going to jail if convicted. I doubt people would support 'equality' when it required a push to 'Put more women in jail for longer'

If a woman accuses a man of assault he is guilty until proven innocent, immediately has to go to jail regardless of if he can flatly prove it was a lie, has to bail himself out, has protective orders thrown at him, and faces her in court while she gets a free lawyer. If a many accuses a woman of assault she is innocent until proven guilty, he is seen as a bitch and afforded no legal protections or assistance.

If a woman lies about a man accusing him of sexual assault or rape to damage his political standing or career its generally done with impunity and there is very little critical opinion of her and almost always no legal repercussions.

Most studys reflect men only get custody of the child in a divorce between 17-20% of the time.

Most data reflects women only make 80-85% of what men do in the same fields.
    xDdDdDddDDddDdDdD. UWOWU, HEWWO!!!!