Invisimode is retarded. Here’s why.
Register

User Tag List

Results 1 to 26 of 26
  1. #1

  2. #2

  3. #3

  4. #4

  5. #5

  6. #6

    Re: Invisimode is retarded. Here’s why.

    I once spent a day watching videos of a, according to him, retarded guy. I found him to be quite lovely.
    It'd be cooler if the word unfriendly would be more insulting to people than words like retarded or dumb.

    Also, I had a friend who took an online IQ test and got a result somewhere around the 60s. Made me think that IQ tests are either unreliable or overrated because he is quite the capable individual.

  7. #7

    Re: Invisimode is retarded. Here’s why.

    Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    I take offense at the term ‘special education’. Retarded people have the same right to education as everyone else!
    They do though. Special education students get more resources from the government to be educated. And some of them are delightful students.

    It's sad to see that you don't care about common decency to all people and are instead making jokes.
    asldfja;lsdfjlakjflskajflsakfdlsadfsa

  8. #8

    Re: Invisimode is retarded. Here’s why.

    Quote Originally Posted by OzyWho View Post
    I once spent a day watching videos of a, according to him, retarded guy. I found him to be quite lovely.
    It'd be cooler if the word unfriendly would be more insulting to people than words like retarded or dumb.

    Also, I had a friend who took an online IQ test and got a result somewhere around the 60s. Made me think that IQ tests are either unreliable or overrated because he is quite the capable individual.
    How tall is this friend?

    Also IMO the word "loser" stings quite a bit more than "retard". If you get called a dork-ass loser shit cuts deep, man.

  9. #9

    Re: Invisimode is retarded. Here’s why.

    Quote Originally Posted by S-FM Magoroth View Post
    They do though. Special education students get more resources from the government to be educated. And some of them are delightful students.

    It's sad to see that you don't care about common decency to all people and are instead making jokes.
    Damn, I didn’t know you had friends among the mentally handicapped!

  10. #10

    Re: Invisimode is retarded. Here’s why.

    Quote Originally Posted by OzyWho View Post
    I once spent a day watching videos of a, according to him, retarded guy. I found him to be quite lovely.
    It'd be cooler if the word unfriendly would be more insulting to people than words like retarded or dumb.

    Also, I had a friend who took an online IQ test and got a result somewhere around the 60s. Made me think that IQ tests are either unreliable or overrated because he is quite the capable individual.
    Unfriendly people can be very nice and simply not welcoming "by default", but I don't think you meant that was horrible, so yes.

    Also, retarded or dumb is something that can perfectly apply to ideas. If something is wrong and caused by something obviously wrong, it's dumb (or retarded, or stupid, or moronic, etc.), and it shouldn't be shameful to state it. You're not calling someone stupid, you're calling what they did stupid. That's like when you laugh about something ridiculous when it happens: you're not laughing at the person, but rather at the event. If you're laughing at the person, then that's where you're wrong.
    Being retarded doesn't make you an inferior human being. It simply makes you less able to do things than other people, but it doesn't make you "a worse person". Dumb people can be very nice. And by the way, I'm not talking out of my ass, I have family that's very literally retarded, clinically speaking. That doesn't make them any less good people.

    So if we could stop saying that calling something retarded is horrible and instead start advocating for not looking down upon dumb people as human beings, we'd be making a great step forward instead of stalling and rabbling about pointless things.
    Spoiler : Quotes :
    Quote Originally Posted by S-FM Hey peter View Post
    There are two wolves inside you. One is addicted to crack. The other one is also addicted to crack. You are addicted to crack.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stealthbomber16 View Post
    MM IS AN ANTI-VAXXER
    Quote Originally Posted by BananaCucho View Post
    Mallow are you really an anti vaxxer
    Quote Originally Posted by The Lawyer View Post
    Besides your lamp and your refridgerators, do you find anyone else suspicious?
    Quote Originally Posted by Renegade View Post
    God is a goofy loser.

  11. #11

    Re: Invisimode is retarded. Here’s why.

    If an idea can be retarded then so too can people. Ideas don’t appear out of thin air. In any event regardless of how much people bitch about the word retarded it’s not going anywhere. 99% of the time when people say ‘retarded’ they don’t literally mean the person is mentally handicapped. In common parlance, it’s a synonym for idiot, moron, dumbass ect. The only reason people are attacking the word abd sayibg something as delusional as ‘when you call me retarded you’re actually disrespectinf retarded people’ is because they feel themselves to be dumb and hate you for reminding them of their own stupidity

  12. #12

  13. #13

    Re: Invisimode is retarded. Here’s why.

    Also online IQ tests... are meaningless. I could literally make a website and create some quiz for it and call it an IQ test. They’re as reliable as those dumb tests you see online that tell you if you have some psychiatric disorder.

    If your friend actually had an IQ of 60 he would be incapable of crossing the street on his own, and would likely not be able to wipe the drool off his chin either. Seeing as he can access the Internet and take an IQ test... yeah I don’t think his IQ is 60.

  14. #14

  15. #15

  16. #16

  17. #17

    Re: Invisimode is retarded. Here’s why.

    For the foreign speakers, I'll say the word "retard" sounds quite strong to a native ear, or at least it does to me. It's not comparable to "idiot" or "dumbass" at all. And that's in spite of being rather desensitized to it by my school's culture. I imagine foreign speakers experience the word predominantly through the internet subculture where everything goes so it may not have the same ring.

    Unlike the word dumbass or idiot, the word retard was very specifically a way of calling someone mentally handicapped. It'd often come with a mock imitation of someone who had down syndrome or something. In fact, I saw it specifically used against someone who'd taken brain damage from a car accident regularly. Noone would really call him an "idiot", because the word "idiot" sounds very weak and almost childish to natives. Idiot literally just means idiot.
    Last edited by yzb25; February 12th, 2021 at 12:22 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blinkstorteddd02 View Post
    naz, he's claiming to have been at your house last night and infected you. I know u were drunk but PLEASE try as hard as you can to remember... That burning you felt the next morning when you went pee was from me, not him.

  18. #18

  19. #19

  20. #20

  21. #21

    Re: Invisimode is retarded. Here’s why.

    Quote Originally Posted by OzyWho View Post
    I concur with what yzb said.
    The word "retarded" has near 0 weight. Even the word "stupid" sounds stronger to me. Heck, I think even being called a "chair" would induce stronger emotions than being called "retarded".
    He’s saying the exact opposite lol

  22. #22

  23. #23

    Re: Invisimode is retarded. Here’s why.

    Quote Originally Posted by OzyWho View Post
    read him again if you think so.
    bear in mind this time that i'm a "foreigner" and not a "native speaker".
    mag is right I was trying to say the word holds a lot of power

    My impulse control has been kinda crappy as of late. I'll try not to post here again. I was just trying to provide some context into how strong the word is in case ppl didn't know. You can choose to communicate however you like obviously, I can't control that. Hell, I say it myself sometimes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blinkstorteddd02 View Post
    naz, he's claiming to have been at your house last night and infected you. I know u were drunk but PLEASE try as hard as you can to remember... That burning you felt the next morning when you went pee was from me, not him.

  24. #24

    Re: Invisimode is retarded. Here’s why.

    Quote Originally Posted by yzb25 View Post
    mag is right I was trying to say the word holds a lot of power

    My impulse control has been kinda crappy as of late. I'll try not to post here again. I was just trying to provide some context into how strong the word is in case ppl didn't know. You can choose to communicate however you like obviously, I can't control that. Hell, I say it myself sometimes.
    The overall message of your post, yes, but you still said:
    "I imagine foreign speakers experience the word predominantly through the internet subculture where everything goes so it may not have the same ring."
    which was what I replied to / was referring to.

  25. #25

    Re: Invisimode is retarded. Here’s why.

    Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    My mum taught me the surest way of telling you won an argument is when ppl start using underhanded ways to attack you
    Your mom specifically sat you down and taught you about winning arguments? Jeez that’s a lot to unwrap
    Have you ever heard the tragedy of Darth Jar Jar the wise?

  26. #26

    Re: Invisimode is retarded. Here’s why.

    Quote Originally Posted by yzb25 View Post
    mag is right I was trying to say the word holds a lot of power

    My impulse control has been kinda crappy as of late. I'll try not to post here again. I was just trying to provide some context into how strong the word is in case ppl didn't know. You can choose to communicate however you like obviously, I can't control that. Hell, I say it myself sometimes.
    What makes the word retarded different from any other insults people use?

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •