User Tag List

ban SC2Mafia MVP Contest: 2021 Edition

SC2Mafia MVP Contest: 2021 Edition

How To Enter:
    Post in this thread with the following information:

• A replay of the game
    • SC2 Account Name
    • In-game name and player #
    • A brief description on why you think you (or the player you're nominating) deserves to be MVP.

Nominating An MVP:
    You can nominate yourself in your own replay, or you can nominate another player. If you nominate a winning player, you will also receive 500 points.

How To Win:
    Factors that lead to a win are... how strong your given role was, Special Achievements you earned (or would have earned if not already won), how good (or bad) the other players were, and, most importantly, how much influence your own actions had on the game.

Additional Information:
    This thread will be open until the end of 2021, at which time the contest will be closed for judging. Please remember to follow the rules below when posting a replay. And remember... be sneaky and have some fun!

Prizes:
    WINNER: MVP In-Game Achievement, MVP Forum Badge, and 2500 points.
    RUNNER-UP: 500 points.

CONTEST RULES

• A maximum of 2 replays are allowed per submitting player. Any submissions beyond the first 2 will be ignored. If you want to make additional submissions, delete an older post first to ensure you only have 2 submissions.
    • You cannot place more than once per contest... this means you cannot win 1st place with one replay and also 2nd place with another.
    • Replays must be complete and not end before points are saved at the end.

shamelessly copied from Rumox's 2019 thread. Varcron was the winner of the 2019 contest.
    Exeter was the winner of the 2020 contest.
    Last edited by aamirus; February 7th, 2021 at 11:48 AM.
    Have you ever heard the tragedy of Darth Jar Jar the wise?

Re: SC2Mafia MVP Contest: 2021 Edition

SC2 Name: <SHITTY>Player
    In-game Name: Dr.Sharma (#9)
    Situation: Day4
    #1 - Sheriff
    #5 - Jester
    #9 = Coroner
    #13 - Mass Murderer
    #14 - Jester
    Description: How could Town encourage one of the Jesters to vote #13?
    #9 Did it by telling #5 that:
    • He and #1 are both Cultists
    • #14 is the last Townie
    • They would help him to get lynched the next day if he helped them lynch the MM today.
    Replay: -Mafia- Beautiful play.SC2Replay

The dude won Town the game with lie and deceit as Coroner. Beautiful.
    Challenge for anyone interested: try to figure out what happend N1 with those BG's, Doc and Vet. I couldn't during the game.
    Last edited by OzyWho; March 1st, 2021 at 04:38 PM.

Re: SC2Mafia MVP Contest: 2021 Edition

A replay of the game: Solo Judge Win CARRY AMAZING ENDING.SC2Replay
    SC2 Account Name: Altectech
    In-game name and player #: give me incense master or give me death - #4
    A brief description on why you think you (or the player you're nominating) deserves to be MVP: I managed to clutch a game as Judge with 6 Town remaining, all the Triads are dead, and a committed town / true neutral leaning amnesiac ( who could not convert to town ) and Mass Murderer remained. Mass Murderer was killed by Jailor the next night after spy was killed, leaving only 5 town, 1 town loyal amnesiac, and me as judge. I managed to use both my courts to solo lynch the sheriff and jailor back to back. Then spoke with "the neuts" at night to try to put attention on my "allies" (I had none). Managed to get #5 and #1 lynched next, then ending the game by pretending to be #11 and convincing #2 that #11 was indeed judge. #11 was convinced #2 was judge even! No one suspected me.

I managed to manipulate the town into lynching each other and clutched the ending by getting town to lynch each other to secure the solo judge win at the end, as well as getting the Judge Dredd achievement, all while having no allies and taking on literally half the lobby.
    Last edited by altectech; March 2nd, 2021 at 01:20 AM.