S-FM Warcraft (8P)
Register

User Tag List

1. ISO #1

S-FM Warcraft (8P)

S-FM Warcraft

A blademaster brings his apprentice on an infiltration mission for training. The unsuspecting Human patrol will soon learn that the most deadly skill of blademasters may not be their blade, but their wit...

Rolelist

Priest
    Power Role
    Footman
    Footman
    Footman
    Footman

Blademaster
    Apprentice

Rolecards

Footman
    You are a simple footman, living the warrior's hard life.
    You have no special abilities.

Priest
    You are a fervent worshipper of the Light.
    Each night, you may protect a player from attacks. You may not target yourself. Your target and yourself are not notified, even if the heal is successful.

Possible Power Roles:

Friendly Soldier
    You are a friendly soldier who cares a lot about others.
    You receive the name of a random Footman along with your rolecard at the start of the game. You have no special abilities.

Rifleman
    You are a skilled sharpshooter.
    Once in the game, you may shoot a player at night, killing them. You may not shoot on night 1.

Sorceress
    You are an adept at magic.
    At night, you may temporarily turn someone into a sheep, preventing them from using any actions that night. They will not be notified of having been turned into a sheep.

Blademaster
    You are a veteran Blademaster, highly skilled in deception and murder.
    As the leader, you decide who will be the factional kill's target and who, between you and your apprentice, will be sent to perform it.
    Once in the game, you may use illusions to redirect a target's ability onto a player of your choice. You may use the Rifleman's shot with this, even on N1, if you manage to target him. If your target has no ability, this has no effect, and the charge is still consumed (you cannot reuse the ability later).

Apprentice
    You are an apprentice Blademaster who has been taken under a veteran's wing.
    You may be sent by the Blademaster to perform the factional kill. If the Blademaster dies, you become the new Blademaster. You inherit the amount of charges on his ability he had at the moment of his death. You have no special abilities.

Mechanics
    Day 1 lasts 72 hours, next days last 48 hours; all nights last 24 hours.
    Game starts on Day 1.
    Lynch is plurality only, meaning the player with the most votes at the end of each day is lynched, without possibility of ending the day earlier. In the event of a tie, the victim is randomized between tied players.
    Skipping days is not allowed.
    Voting is not mandatory.
    No last wills or death notes.
    The Blademasters share a permanent Discord chat and a factional kill.
    The factional kill is not mandatory.
    There are no death descriptions ("killed by Rifleman", "killed by Blademaster").

Win Conditions
    Humans: Eliminate the Blademasters.
    Blademasters: Eliminate the Humans, or have nothing preventing you from doing so (for example, 2 blademasters against 2 footmen are sure to win).
    Blademasters win all ties.

Order of Operations
    Blademaster's Redirection > Sorceress > Priest > All kills (simultaneous)

Rules
    No editing or deleting posts.
    No personal attacks.
    Play to your win condition.
    You may not quote, screenshot or do anything similar with your rolecard PM or any private communication with the Host. Paraphrasing is however allowed.
    You are expected to make at least 5 posts per game day. If you do not meet this requirement, you will be forcibly replaced.
    No out of game communication: the only communication channels allowed are the game thread and the Blademasters' chat.
    English is to be the game's language. No game 100 % in Common for you, sorry. Kek.
    Have fun!

Last edited by Marshmallow Marshall; September 16th, 2022 at 09:25 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Lawyer View Post
    Besides your lamp and your refridgerators, do you find anyone else suspicious?
    Quote Originally Posted by oliverz144 View Post
    it looks like many, e.g. MM and lag, suffered under the influence of paopan. However there is a victim: frinckles. He left the path of rationality and fully dived into the parallel reality of baby shark, king shark, and soviet union pizzas.
    Spoiler : The meaning of life :

2. ISO #2

3. ISO #3

Re: MAFIA CARAVAN SETUP: S-FM Warcraft (8P)

Quote Originally Posted by bakermir View Post
    love the flavor
    Thanks, that's the point

All suggestions are welcome, btw. I'm not super knowledgeable when it comes to Warcraft.
    it looks like many, e.g. MM and lag, suffered under the influence of paopan. However there is a victim: frinckles. He left the path of rationality and fully dived into the parallel reality of baby shark, king shark, and soviet union pizzas.

4. ISO #4

2 orcs pretending to be humans. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I like the flavor too, and I think if we played it ourselves we would enjoy it.

But from the perspective of your future audience, I think it's safer to show respect to their community by making a setup with a lore that's more friendly to their lore.

I don't know anything about Warcraft lore either, only things I know are from the WC3 campaigns.
    But 2 ideas that come to my mind are:
    • One morning in a small orc encampment, one of their kin has been found dead. It was 2 Blademasters fallen back to the demon corruption, feeling the demons blood running through their veins again and yearning the days of old for when they were part of the Legion. They now serve the Legion's purpose once again, while their fellow orcs try to figure out who were the culprits of the murder.
    • Some idea about a note being found after a meeting and now the humans try to find who among them wants a war with the vile orcs again. Requires a deeper lore knowledge to make a FM lore out of it.

5. ISO #5

Since we're rather likely to go to a gaming site of some sorts (even if it's not the one I suggested), Warcraft seemed appropriate.

The second idea could make a great hidden setup main plot... *wink wink*

6. ISO #6

7. ISO #7

8. ISO #8

9. ISO #9

Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    HEIL TRUMPF
    No, long live the King, Arthas Menethil, may he live... forever.
    Add death descriptions. So Riflemen say ‘I’m yer shootor!’
    Hmm... It's thematically nice, but not so fun gameplay-wise. Without death descriptions, the Rifleman has to work harder to confirm himself, using breadcrumbs and not instantly getting confirmed. Therefore, I'd lean towards not adding them, unless there are critical arguments I've missed.
    Also, shouldn’t they be called Rifledwarves? ��
    This amazing emote reflects the essence of this post perfectly lol.

10. ISO #10

I have no issues with the setup as far as I can tell, but maybe it would be best to spice up the lore a bit? Give everyone flavour names along with a role? The Blademaster you could straight up rename to something from WC Lore. Also, also for flavour, consider renaming the Friendly Soldier to 'Mortar Team'. Then the older dwarf knows the identity of 'Shorty' but Shorty does not.

11. ISO #11

Quote Originally Posted by OzyWho View Post
    2 orcs pretending to be humans. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I like the flavor too, and I think if we played it ourselves we would enjoy it.

But from the perspective of your future audience, I think it's safer to show respect to their community by making a setup with a lore that's more friendly to their lore.

I don't know anything about Warcraft lore either, only things I know are from the WC3 campaigns.
    But 2 ideas that come to my mind are:
    • One morning in a small orc encampment, one of their kin has been found dead. It was 2 Blademasters fallen back to the demon corruption, feeling the demons blood running through their veins again and yearning the days of old for when they were part of the Legion. They now serve the Legion's purpose once again, while their fellow orcs try to figure out who were the culprits of the murder.
    • Some idea about a note being found after a meeting and now the humans try to find who among them wants a war with the vile orcs again. Requires a deeper lore knowledge to make a FM lore out of it.
    +1. Especially the first idea.
    If you want something very lore-friendly you can swap out the orcs for Scourge Acolytes, and maybe turn the Blademaster into Kel'Thuzad before he died :P

12. ISO #12

I have no issues with the setup as far as I can tell, but maybe it would be best to spice up the lore a bit? Give everyone flavour names along with a role? The Blademaster you could straight up rename to something from WC Lore. Also, also for flavour, consider renaming the Friendly Soldier to 'Mortar Team'. Then the older dwarf knows the identity of 'Shorty' but Shorty does not.
    I wanted so much to do that with Mortar Team, but couldn't find any lore that made any sense because... why in the world would you team with a guy you don't know and then proceed to launch bombs lol?

As I said, I'm too trash at Warcraft lore to write elaborate stuff, but if you come up with something good, I'll gladly add it in

13. ISO #13

Is anyone interested in playing and/or hosting this setup here, not as a caravan thing? I may or may not be able to invite some people from another site to make them discover the SC2 Mafia style. Rules & mechanics were adapted to specify things that are normally not specified here because they're the norm, but that may not be obvious to people from other cultures.

And hey, without wanting to pat my own back, the setup looks fun!

14. ISO #14

Quote Originally Posted by Marshmallow Marshall View Post
    Is anyone interested in playing and/or hosting this setup here, not as a caravan thing? I may or may not be able to invite some people from another site to make them discover the SC2 Mafia style. Rules & mechanics were adapted to specify things that are normally not specified here because they're the norm, but that may not be obvious to people from other cultures.

And hey, without wanting to pat my own back, the setup looks fun!
    Yeah I'll be down to host this!

Everybody is equally weak on the inside, just that some present their ruins as new castles and become kings –
    Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing, doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before.
    If your dear heart is wounded, my wild heart bleeds with yours.

15. ISO #15

Quote Originally Posted by AIVION View Post
    Yeah I'll be down to host this!
    Yayyy, now review it

In all seriousness, just for the sake of respecting the process. Anything you think should be changed? Especially if you're going to be the host

16. ISO #16

Would the Rifleman's ability work N1 if BM controlled him? If yes, would the Rifleman be informed that his 1 charge is gone?

Given that D2 starts in a awkward 4v2 most of the time, I'd consider enabling skip.
    And/Or allowing the rifleman to shoot N1; especially since he's quite unlikely to kill N2.
    Though, can't enable skip if faction kill isn't mandatory.
    Speaking of which - it might be wise to elaborate on wether the Faction Kill is mandatory or not, especially because of the possible healing and roleblocking in the game.

Are there death descriptions, like "X was killed by Mafia."?

Mod players might not know that neither the Priest nor his target are informed of a successful heal.

I'd consider the Friendly Soldier's target to be Human. Idk, it just feel better; that 1 extra little unknown.

What's this?
    "No game 100 % in Common for you, sorry. Kek."
    Last edited by OzyWho; July 9th, 2021 at 04:20 AM.

17. ISO #17

18. ISO #18

19. ISO #19

20. ISO #20

21. ISO #21

22. ISO #22

23. ISO #23

Would the Rifleman's ability work N1 if BM controlled him? If yes, would the Rifleman be informed that his 1 charge is gone?
    I'd say yes. If the Blademaster manages to successfully find the Rifleman on N1 through some magic spell, he deserves to use that kill.

Given that D2 starts in a awkward 4v2 most of the time, I'd consider enabling skip.
    And/Or allowing the rifleman to shoot N1; especially since he's quite unlikely to kill N2.
    Though, can't enable skip if faction kill isn't mandatory.
    Speaking of which - it might be wise to elaborate on wether the Faction Kill is mandatory or not, especially because of the possible healing and roleblocking in the game.
    Skipping as a mechanic sucks and usually only is about gaming the setup. It also isn't allowed in many places.
    Also, the factional kill isn't mandatory. Good point. And yes, that's another reason not to enable skipping :P

Are there death descriptions, like "X was killed by Mafia."?
    No.

Mod players might not know that neither the Priest nor his target are informed of a successful heal.
    Good point.

I'd consider the Friendly Soldier's target to be Human. Idk, it just feel better; that 1 extra little unknown.
    But... idk, knowing your target is a simple Footman is fun!

What's this?
    "No game 100 % in Common for you, sorry. Kek."
    it means you can't speak in warcraft languages all game long lol

24. ISO #24

Re: S-FM Warcraft (8P)

Suggested change implemented (guaranteed Priest instead of two random Power Roles slots) thanks for feedback Lumi/Wiml!

25. ISO #25

Re: S-FM Warcraft (8P)

Approved (by Lumi, not me! internal review was done).