Why are first cousin marriages allowed in some places - Page 3
Register

User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
  1. ISO #101

Re: Why are first cousin marriages allowed in some places

Quote Originally Posted by Grayswandir View Post
    Marriage is cringe don’t change my mind.
    I alwaya found the idea of marriage weird tbh. If I’m in love with someone we don’t need to make it into law that we’re together. We’re gonna be together regardless.
    We got married last year because I said "You know if we get married we can get an extra £250 a year"
    Cryptonic made this sig

Quote Originally Posted by HentaiManOfPeace View Post
    gotchu fam

Attachment 28016

2. ISO #102

Quote Originally Posted by aamirus View Post
    if you don't carry any bad recessive alleles then inbreeding wouldn't put your kids at risk for anything. Technically, the best way to ensure genetically superior children would be to find the two humans with the most "perfect" genes and force them and their offspring to inbreed. That is actually a large part of why white supremacists look down upon interracial marriages because they feel the white blood is superior and that breeding with other races introduces their defects to the white population (which would technically be true if the 'white bloodline' was actually superior/defect free)
    I’m guessing there is a catch to this because I can’t imagine it’s at all common for people to be able to shag their sisters without ending up with children with serious mental and physical disabilities. So, most people carry those recessive alleles, right?

3. ISO #103

4. ISO #104

5. ISO #105

Quote Originally Posted by Grayswandir View Post
    I’m guessing there is a catch to this because I can’t imagine it’s at all common for people to be able to shag their sisters without ending up with children with serious mental and physical disabilities. So, most people carry those recessive alleles, right?
    https://www.yourgenome.org/facts/wha...essive-alleles

Scroll down to the bottom here and see the description of Haemophilia

If two people like these had babies:
    XH XH = healthy female
    XH Y = healthy male

The babies would be guaranteed to inherit the dominant big H since the parents do not possess the recessive small H.

Since the babies don't have it either, if they had babies with each other they would also only get the dominant big H.

and etc. So, outside of a genetic mutation, these people could have incest babies forever without developing haemophilia
    Have you ever heard the tragedy of Darth Jar Jar the wise?

6. ISO #106

Quote Originally Posted by SuperJack View Post
    i mean solution is to be gay.
    "The genes! Wh-what about the genes?"

I'd like to see these anti-incest CONCERN TROLLS make a coherent argument against gay cousin marriage.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blinkstorteddd02 View Post
    naz, he's claiming to have been at your house last night and infected you. I know u were drunk but PLEASE try as hard as you can to remember... That burning you felt the next morning when you went pee was from me, not him.

7. ISO #107

the reason general incest would give a higher proportion of Haemophilia and similar genetic diseases:

If I happen to be XH Xh = carrier female, then it implies that at least 1 of my parents had at least one small h of their own. Therefore, there's a significantly higher chance my brother would have it too, versus if he was just some other random male.

And since at least 1 of my parents has at least 1 small h, it implies that at least 1 of my grandparents has at least 1 as well. Which increases the chance of all of my aunts, uncles, and cousins that share that grandparent having it too.

So basically just think of it as incest simply amplifies the chance of any recessive alleles you're carrying of expressing themselves in the offspring.

8. ISO #108

9. ISO #109

Quote Originally Posted by yzb25 View Post

I'd like to see these anti-incest CONCERN TROLLS make a coherent argument against gay cousin marriage.
    This goes into a different topic altogether. A topic known as redefining marriage due to the gay part.
    I hold no personal opinions on the subject, but I can give this relevant quote on the matter:
    in response to movements in favor of same-sex marriage, Robert H. Knight wrote:

"Giving non-marital relationships the same status as marriage does not expand the definition of marriage; it destroys it. For example, if you declare that, because it has similar properties, grape juice must be labeled identically to wine, you have destroyed the definitions of both “grape juice” and “wine.” The term “marriage” refers specifically to the joining of two people of the opposite sex. When that is lost, the term “marriage” becomes meaningless."

10. ISO #110

Quote Originally Posted by OzyWho View Post
    This goes into a different topic altogether. A topic known as redefining marriage due to the gay part.
    I hold no personal opinions on the subject, but I can give this relevant quote on the matter:
    goddamn conservatives acting like marriage is a static notion like a grape, and hasn't been evolving for 100s of years for the needs of society
    naz, he's claiming to have been at your house last night and infected you. I know u were drunk but PLEASE try as hard as you can to remember... That burning you felt the next morning when you went pee was from me, not him.

11. ISO #111

goddamn conservatives acting like marriage is a static notion like a grape, and hasn't been evolving for 100s of years for the needs of society
    What needs are those btw?
    I don't understand marriage, to me it's a silly thing, and I think SJ and Gray had expressed similar view.
    For the sake of clarity - I wouldn't mind if there were different versions of the word, one for each combination of sexes.
    A part of language is folly when you can say one thing but it can be interpreted in different ways and have to clarify.

12. ISO #112

13. ISO #113

What needs are those btw?
    I don't understand marriage, to me it's a silly thing, and I think SJ and Gray had expressed similar view.
    For the sake of clarity - I wouldn't mind if there were different versions of the word, one for each combination of sexes.
    A part of language is folly when you can say one thing but it can be interpreted in different ways and have to clarify.
    Nowadays, marriage is effectively a legal declaration that two people are seriously commited to staying together, and will take the L with regards to paperwork and money if things don't work out. Married couples get various benefits that unmarried couples do not due to that. Gay couples were interested in making the same legal commitment, but had no identical means of doing so. For a while, for the sake of preserving words maybe as you say, gay couples could apply for the status of "civil partnerships". However, civil partnerships would sometimes miss legal benefits/responsibilities that marriage had, and these would have to be fought for separately. And, even if they became legally identical, it always remained possible some legislation would be given to marriage that wouldn't be given to civil partnership in the future. So, within the modern context of what marriage was, it made sense to allow people to enter the legal agreement irrespective of gender.

14. ISO #114

If there isn't one, why would they? I don't fully understand this post.
    I was just trolling

15. ISO #115

Nowadays, marriage is effectively a legal declaration that two people are seriously commited to staying together, and will take the L with regards to paperwork and money if things don't work out. Married couples get various benefits that unmarried couples do not due to that. Gay couples were interested in making the same legal commitment, but had no identical means of doing so. For a while, for the sake of preserving words maybe as you say, gay couples could apply for the status of "civil partnerships". However, civil partnerships would sometimes miss legal benefits/responsibilities that marriage had, and these would have to be fought for separately. And, even if they became legally identical, it always remained possible some legislation would be given to marriage that wouldn't be given to civil partnership in the future. So, within the modern context of what marriage was, it made sense to allow people to enter the legal agreement irrespective of gender.
    There was a strong social motive to it too. People have held same sex relationships in contempt for a long time, seeing them merely as a product of lustful indulgence. You would often hear people talk about how they don't understand why one would choose to enter such a relationship. So allowing them to reach the status of "married" elevated their social value. I think if marriage really is merely this silly thing, we may as well make this silly thing do something meaningful for us!
    Last edited by yzb25; January 26th, 2021 at 04:53 AM.

16. ISO #116

17. ISO #117

Quote Originally Posted by SuperJack View Post
    yzb25 just wants to marry me.

I accept your proposal yzb25.
    Finally you damn tease!

18. ISO #118

19. ISO #119

Gay incest would actually be ok if it's consensual... it's WEIRD, but it's ok. If only all incestuous people could be gay!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Lawyer View Post
    Besides your lamp and your refridgerators, do you find anyone else suspicious?
    Quote Originally Posted by oliverz144 View Post
    it looks like many, e.g. MM and lag, suffered under the influence of paopan. However there is a victim: frinckles. He left the path of rationality and fully dived into the parallel reality of baby shark, king shark, and soviet union pizzas.
    Spoiler : The meaning of life :

20. ISO #120

Im really trying to avoid jumping into this conversation but there is a joke I like to tell. Read a study years ago that traced out genealogy's and found it takes a maximum of 32 steps to connect any 2 people in the world with an average of like 13 steps. So if we are all related its not 'if' its ok to bang your cousin but rather 'how close of a cousin is ok to bang'

Throw that at your friends who just got married or had a kid and their awkward looks are hilarious.
    Intellectual growth comes from discussions, not arguments. If you are unwilling to change your position and hear the other persons side you are closed minded and wasting your time.
    If you can not clearly explain what the other sides reasoning is you can not disagree with their position because you do not understand it.

21. ISO #121

Quote Originally Posted by Helz View Post
    Im really trying to avoid jumping into this conversation but there is a joke I like to tell. Read a study years ago that traced out genealogy's and found it takes a maximum of 32 steps to connect any 2 people in the world with an average of like 13 steps. So if we are all related its not 'if' its ok to bang your cousin but rather 'how close of a cousin is ok to bang'

Throw that at your friends who just got married or had a kid and their awkward looks are hilarious.
    I read that on average married couples in the 60s were seventh cousins,

22. ISO #122

23. ISO #123

Step 1 - let's all call each other brother and sister.
    Step 2 - have technology that can detect bad gene matches.
    Step 3 - have a away to avoid bad matches, even a dating app will do.
    Step 4 - no more incest problems and everyone lives happily ever after.

24. ISO #124

Step 1 - let's all call each other brother and sister.
    Step 2 - have technology that can detect bad gene matches.
    Step 3 - have a away to avoid bad matches, even a dating app will do.
    Step 4 - no more incest problems and everyone lives happily ever after.
    Step 2 advanced - euthanize everybody with bad genes

25. ISO #125