Should the Bible be taken literally? - Page 3
Register

User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
  1. ISO #101

2. ISO #102

3. ISO #103

Re: Should the Bible be taken literally?

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    I get that. I do believe in God you do not. That is your right. But I respect you because you talk with Intelligence. You try to submit facts not BS. I still think we are on a similar page. Unless you do not agree with what you have already posted. I do not believe that is the case here.

Now on to the punish. that goes into the Salvation is not achieved by works alone. It is a matter of faith.
    So why didn’t Jesus show up earlier? And why did he only show up in one part of the world? It seems pretty unfair, for example, that native Americans should have to burn in hell for another 1500 years before they even get exposed to Christianity.

I think a possible answer will be that those who were never exposed to god’s word are exempted from needing to believe, but this leads to a followup question: what counts as me being exposed enough? I mean if a missionary that can’t even speak my language just hands me a Bible that I don’t know how to read, would that be enough? So now I go to hell for poor linguistic skills?
    Have you ever heard the tragedy of Darth Jar Jar the wise?

4. ISO #104

5. ISO #105

Quote Originally Posted by aamirus View Post
    So why didn’t Jesus show up earlier? And why did he only show up in one part of the world? It seems pretty unfair, for example, that native Americans should have to burn in hell for another 1500 years before they even get exposed to Christianity.

I think a possible answer will be that those who were never exposed to god’s word are exempted from needing to believe, but this leads to a followup question: what counts as me being exposed enough? I mean if a missionary that can’t even speak my language just hands me a Bible that I don’t know how to read, would that be enough? So now I go to hell for poor linguistic skills?
    You make a lot of valid points. The Blind are they at fault for walking passed someone passed out on the ground and not helping them? No they are not. The same goes for salvation. Jesus charged us with a task to go out and spread the word. In your case you are not blind, but it is your choice to accept Jesus into your heart or not. The Bible teaches man kind to help out one another.
    Do Not open this spoiler under any condition!!!!!!!
    Spoiler : :
    WHY CANT YOU FOLLOW SIMPLE DIRECTIONS?
    YOU HAVE JUST CAUSED THE END OF ALL MANKIND!!!!!!

<a href=https://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic27614_1.gif target=_blank>https://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/signat...pic27614_1.gif</a>

6. ISO #106

Like out of curiosity are these islanders all going to hell even though they don’t know of Christianity? Do you consider this guy a hero? https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Allen_Chau
    I do not know it is not for me to decide who goes to hell and who does not. That is the problem with a lot of Christians. A lot of them want to tell people you are going to hell. That is wrong. And yes the man gave his life to try and help others. I would consider someone doing that a hero.

<a href=https://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic27614_1.gif target=_blank>https://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/signat...pic27614_1.gif</a>

7. ISO #107

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    You make a lot of valid points. The Blind are they at fault for walking passed someone passed out on the ground and not helping them? No they are not. The same goes for salvation. Jesus charged us with a task to go out and spread the word. In your case you are not blind, but it is your choice to accept Jesus into your heart or not. The Bible teaches man kind to help out one another.
    alright so again I am curious where the cutoff point is. If I've never heard of jesus then I'm fine. But what if I've just heard his name but that's it? Or just a couple of stories about him? or a lot about him but not the rest of the bible? etc.

And isn't it kind of paradoxical that if nobody ever teaches me about jesus, then I am good to go, but as soon as they tell me about him I have to believe or I'm screwed? Like, missionary work is essentially cruel then because you're taking salvation AWAY from people.

8. ISO #108

Following this logic ladder I think I can say Abortions are objectively good because they send the fetuses to heaven before they have a chance to lose out on salvation during life! I mean helping others get to heaven sounds like a good thing. So if you are already doomed to hell for your sins, the best way you can help your fellow man is by killing as many babies as you can find before they do something that would get them sent to hell!

9. ISO #109

alright so again I am curious where the cutoff point is. If I've never heard of jesus then I'm fine. But what if I've just heard his name but that's it? Or just a couple of stories about him? or a lot about him but not the rest of the bible? etc.

And isn't it kind of paradoxical that if nobody ever teaches me about jesus, then I am good to go, but as soon as they tell me about him I have to believe or I'm screwed? Like, missionary work is essentially cruel then because you're taking salvation AWAY from people.
    Well now you are getting into stuff you would have to ask a pastor about. I do not want to mislead you. You are asking good questions but I do not want to give you wrong answers.

10. ISO #110

Following this logic ladder I think I can say Abortions are objectively good because they send the fetuses to heaven before they have a chance to lose out on salvation during life! I mean helping others get to heaven sounds like a good thing. So if you are already doomed to hell for your sins, the best way you can help your fellow man is by killing as many babies as you can find before they do something that would get them sent to hell!
    My personal thought is Abortions is wrong on so many levels.

11. ISO #111

12. ISO #112

The dark side is s curious thing, Darth Jar Jar Binks. It keeps our minds open to ideas that are out of reach for everyone else.

13. ISO #113

14. ISO #114

15. ISO #115

Quote Originally Posted by Wikipedia
    According to Jewish teachings, hell is not entirely physical; rather, it can be compared to a very intense feeling of shame. People are ashamed of their misdeeds and this constitutes suffering which makes up for the bad deeds. When one has so deviated from the will of God, one is said to be in Gehinnom. This is not meant to refer to some point in the future, but to the very present moment. The gates of teshuva (return) are said to be always open, and so one can align his will with that of God at any moment. Being out of alignment with God's will is itself a punishment according to the Torah.
    I love this precept. I think the idea of Hell being a situation rather than a physical place is very realistic. A lot of people end up in hell at various points in their lives. But you can always choose to leave Hell.

16. ISO #116

Quote Originally Posted by Grayswandir View Post
    I love this precept. I think the idea of Hell being a situation rather than a physical place is very realistic. A lot of people end up in hell at various points in their lives. But you can always choose to leave Hell.
    How better to feel your regrets than to relive them over and over, like in the show Lucifer?

17. ISO #117

I'm quite cruel when it comes to human life. I believe memories are what make an identity. If one has no memories, or no ability to make new ones I consider it fine to end their life to stop any further suffering or wasted resources.
    Along with also allowing a life to develop in an environment that doesn't want them or will cause them to suffer.
    Cryptonic made this sig

Quote Originally Posted by HentaiManOfPeace View Post
    gotchu fam

Attachment 28016

18. ISO #118

19. ISO #119

20. ISO #120

21. ISO #121

Quote Originally Posted by Renegade View Post
    I don't expect any love here for what I'm trying to say, this site is after all a known far right cesspool.
    Totally unrelated but I think most of the people here lean left. I wonder if you can set your bias aside and consider what it means that you consider a political affiliation an insult or some sort of morally reprehensible condition.
    Intellectual growth comes from discussions, not arguments. If you are unwilling to change your position and hear the other persons side you are closed minded and wasting your time.
    If you can not clearly explain what the other sides reasoning is you can not disagree with their position because you do not understand it.