Should Plurality lynch be as common as it is?
Register

User Tag List

Threaded View

1. ISO #1

Should Plurality lynch be as common as it is?

I was browsing the Approved Setups page and noticed this old beauty - Simple Forum Mafia (9P).

And I noticed something odd. Namely the fact that it doesn't have Plurality Lynch. Only Majority.
    I've completely forgotten that's even a possible thing!

I love the fact that Town is forced to come to an agreement. And likewise, the Mafia are forced to be more active too. At LYLO - analyzing the EoD votes of past days is just so much cooler.

Compare it to having a 13 player game that has a tie between multiple slots, with 2 votes on each.
    The games are like night and day.

What is your opinions regarding Plurality lynch?
    I realize that there's likely a consensus that it's very pro-town. But if you have a spear poking at your back, pushing you forward, while it's true that it would be beneficial for you if there was no spear poking at you - without it there would be nothing to drive you forward.
    I don't think Plurality Lynch is strictly pro-town. I think the lack of it pressures EVERYONE and that is pro-town too. It evens out. Not perfectly, but somewhat. And I'd say that the very very slight imbalance towards the scum side, that comes from a lack of Plurality, is well worth the difference in gameplay.

What would people say on the proposition to have more games without Plurality?

Quick question: Scum don't have a mandatory faction kill in almost any setup - correct?
    Last edited by OzyWho; January 13th, 2021 at 09:44 AM.