1. ISO #1

weed S-FM Trust Fall (10P)

S-FM Trust Fall (10P)

Roles
    Mafia x2
    Town x8

Spoiler : Roles Cards :

Town
    Welcome, [Player Name], you are a Townie.
    You have no special abilities.
    You win when the Mafia outnumber are on even count with outnumber are on even count with Town.

Mafia
    Welcome, [Player Name]. You are a Mafia, along with your partner, [Player Name].
    At any time during the game, you may talk with your partner here [QuickTopic or Discord link]. (including when one of you has left the game via the Trust Fall Mechanic)
    You win when both members of the Mafia have left the game.

Trust Fall Mechanic
    • To Trust Fall - a player must, in the game, mention the host and post in bold: “I trust X” and the trustee, X, must reciprocate. Together, they will exit the game and their alignments are revealed.
    • Mafia cannot Trust Fall together.
    • Players can "trust" as many other players as they like, but only with the first who reciprocates will get to Trust Fall together.
    • Once a player has announced a Trust Fall - they can't take it back.

Mechanics
    • Nightless.
    • No Lynches.
    • No Suicides.
    • Last Wills are not allowed.
    • The mafia have a permanent chat.
    • Game can theoretically last forever.

Win Conditions
    Mafia win when they have both exited the game.
    Town win when Mafia outnumbers are on even count with outnumber are on even count with them.

Possible Feedback

Order of Operations

Rules of Conduct
    Yes!
    Last edited by OzyWho; March 11th, 2021 at 11:01 AM.

2. ISO #2

3. ISO #3

Re: S-FM Trust Fall (10P)

A lovely little setup more based on town-hunting than most setups. Town needs three correct "trust falls", Mafia needs two; this is always true, no matter what happens in the game, and is quite well balanced.

Approved, nothing else to say about this. Do you want to be added to the Mini S-FM Queue?
    Quote Originally Posted by The Lawyer View Post
    Besides your lamp and your refridgerators, do you find anyone else suspicious?
    Quote Originally Posted by oliverz144 View Post
    it looks like many, e.g. MM and lag, suffered under the influence of paopan. However there is a victim: frinckles. He left the path of rationality and fully dived into the parallel reality of baby shark, king shark, and soviet union pizzas.
    Spoiler : The meaning of life :

4. ISO #4

Quote Originally Posted by Marshmallow Marshall View Post
    A lovely little setup more based on town-hunting than most setups. Town needs three correct "trust falls", Mafia needs two; this is always true, no matter what happens in the game, and is quite well balanced.

Approved, nothing else to say about this. Do you want to be added to the Mini S-FM Queue?
    I want to play it, not host it tbh.

Alternatively, an idea I find interesting is to make it an invitation game, invite agressive players and LHF/New players - and see how they do when they're forced to gain the trust of others. Or, in some cases, getting themselves to trust others.
    Like most of town in that krc game. Especially that 1 guy who had great reads, yet never bothered to be charismatic. Imagine seeing him try to gain the trust of others.

5. ISO #5

Quote Originally Posted by OzyWho View Post
    I want to play it, not host it tbh.

Alternatively, an idea I find interesting is to make it an invitation game, invite agressive players and LHF/New players - and see how they do when they're forced to gain the trust of others. Or, in some cases, getting themselves to trust others.
    Like most of town in that krc game. Especially that 1 guy who had great reads, yet never bothered to be charismatic. Imagine seeing him try to gain the trust of others.
    In this case, if anyone wants to host this, speak up! If nobody volunteers, I might do it myself. It's not like the phases are hard to manage ;).

Inviting people who could use a training in town-hunting and in the art of appearing town is a good idea, but shh, don't tell people that's why you're inviting them and just ask them! Else, it's a bit of an attack on their pride...
    it looks like many, e.g. MM and lag, suffered under the influence of paopan. However there is a victim: frinckles. He left the path of rationality and fully dived into the parallel reality of baby shark, king shark, and soviet union pizzas.

6. ISO #6

Inviting people who could use a training in town-hunting and in the art of appearing town is a good idea, but shh, don't tell people that's why you're inviting them and just ask them! Else, it's a bit of an attack on their pride...
    Ohh no, that kills the idea. The original idea was make it "invitiation ONLY" - and have a lobby full of players who are usually easily mislynched or untrusting of others.

Nah let's just keep it civil I guess and make a normal game with normal signups.

7. ISO #7

Ohh no, that kills the idea. The original idea was make it "invitiation ONLY" - and have a lobby full of players who are usually easily mislynched or untrusting of others.

Nah let's just keep it civil I guess and make a normal game with normal signups.
    S-FM Shame Game (10P)

It's probably best like this.

8. ISO #8

In this case, if anyone wants to host this, speak up! If nobody volunteers, I might do it myself. It's not like the phases are hard to manage ;).
    Say that again in a decade. ;)
    I already know my first post of the game regardless of alignment:
    Let's play a game.
    (Insert meme image)
    The first to trust fall will be known as the village idiot fool!

9. ISO #9

10. ISO #10

So a Mafia can message host I trust player A, I Trust player B, I trust player C. In other words all the town players. So if any town Sends in a Trust to that mafia inta Trust lock.

So Mafia only needs 2 town to trust each one and they win. town can only make one mistake. Am I correct in how I am reading it?

Also, to keep Mafia from doing a Mass trust claim to all town. should the person you claim to trust to mod. The mod tell that person you trusted them??? Just questions to understand the setup fully.

I really like your idea on how you have the setup.
    Do Not open this spoiler under any condition!!!!!!!
    Spoiler : :
    WHY CANT YOU FOLLOW SIMPLE DIRECTIONS?
    YOU HAVE JUST CAUSED THE END OF ALL MANKIND!!!!!!

<a href=https://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic27614_1.gif target=_blank>https://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/signat...pic27614_1.gif</a>

11. ISO #11

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    @OzyWho if you want I will host this for you if you like. Looks interesting.
    Please do! But be aware that technically there's nothing stoping this game from lasting forever.

So a Mafia can message host I trust player A, I Trust player B, I trust player C. In other words all the town players. So if any town Sends in a Trust to that mafia inta Trust lock.
    The "@ Host I trust [x]!" is done in the thread. But you're correct.
    I have faith in our community that if a scum were to start the game with "i trust x y z..." then players would be good enough to realize that he is probably not a Townie.

Do you wish the phrasing of Trust Fall Mechanic to be rephrased in some way?

So Mafia only needs 2 town to trust each one and they win. town can only make one mistake. Am I correct in how I am reading it?
    Correct, that's one way to look at it. Another way would be that scum have to convince 2 townies to trust them while 3 pairs of townies need to "find each other".

I haven't seen this play out - I only copied the setup. Difficult to judge what would be more balanced.
    Do you think perhaps either 2 townie slots should be removed or 1 scum + 1 town slot should be added, to make it "2-2" or "3-3" instead of "2-3"?
    @Marshmallow Marshall
    What do you think of this?

Also, to keep Mafia from doing a Mass trust claim to all town. should the person you claim to trust to mod. The mod tell that person you trusted them??? Just questions to understand the setup fully.
    Nah, the Trusting thing is done ITT and not via PM.

I really like your idea on how you have the setup.
    Thanks, not my setup though.
    Last edited by OzyWho; January 16th, 2021 at 03:00 AM.

12. ISO #12

Please do! But be aware that technically there's nothing stoping this game to last forever.

The "@Host[B] I trust [x]![/B]" is done in the thread. I have faith in our community that if a scum were to start the game with "i trust x y z..." then players would be good enough to realize that he is probably not a Townie. :D

Do you wish the phrasing of Trust Fall Mechanic to be reformatted in some way? :cheesy:

Correct, that's one way to look at it. Another way would be that scum have to convince 2 townies to trust them while 3 pairs of townies need to "find each other".

I haven't seen this play out - I only copied the setup. Difficult to judge what would be more balanced.
    Do you think perhaps either 2 townie slots should be removed or 1 scum + 1 town slot should be added, to make it "2-2" or "3-3" instead of "2-3"?
    [MENTION=29377]Marshmallow Marshall;

Nah, the Trusting thing is done ITT and not via PM.

Thanks, not my setup though.
    @aamirus why is this post broken and how do I repair it?

13. ISO #13

14. ISO #14

15. ISO #15

Please do! But be aware that technically there's nothing stoping this game from lasting forever.

The "@ Host I trust [x]!" is done in the thread. But you're correct.
    I have faith in our community that if a scum were to start the game with "i trust x y z..." then players would be good enough to realize that he is probably not a Townie.
    Lol, I dare hope your trust is not misplaced

@Marshmallow Marshall
    I have never seen such a game be played either, but the ratio of good pairings vs bad pairings town can make seems fair. Yes, it leaves only "one mistake" for town to make, but that isn't equal to "1 lynch before MYLO" in standard games: you have to "vote town" instead of "voting scum", which is much easier probability-wise. I guess you can blame me if the balance isn't right when the game is played, but I don't see an issue with it currently.
    @Mike do you want me to add you to the S-FM Mini Queue with this setup? Just making sure

16. ISO #16

Lol, I dare hope your trust is not misplaced

I have never seen such a game be played either, but the ratio of good pairings vs bad pairings town can make seems fair. Yes, it leaves only "one mistake" for town to make, but that isn't equal to "1 lynch before MYLO" in standard games: you have to "vote town" instead of "voting scum", which is much easier probability-wise. I guess you can blame me if the balance isn't right when the game is played, but I don't see an issue with it currently.
    @Mike do you want me to add you to the S-FM Mini Queue with this setup? Just making sure
    Yes sure
    Do Not open this spoiler under any condition!!!!!!!
    Spoiler : :
    WHY CANT YOU FOLLOW SIMPLE DIRECTIONS?
    YOU HAVE JUST CAUSED THE END OF ALL MANKIND!!!!!!

<a href=https://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic27614_1.gif target=_blank>https://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/signat...pic27614_1.gif</a>