Vacuum Cleaners
Register

User Tag List

Thread: Vacuum Cleaners

Hybrid View

1. ISO #1

Vacuum Cleaners

As an adult, I do adult things and get stupidly excited over trivial things.

The most recent being a vacuum cleaner.
    My family have used Dyson for as long as I can remember.
    I always thought they where the best, and maybe at one point they where and all their adverts and marketing makes it seem like so.

After moving to our own place we stuck with Dyson, either my mum's old one or buying a second hand one. We never gave it much thought.

But now I'm even more adultman I've done a lot of Research, and I believe I've just fallen into the evil claws of marketings and aware of dysons dodgy attempts to twist the law to benifit them. since it's time for me to buy a new vacuum we've come to a new choise.

The opinions and reviews all tend to point to Miele, also recommend to go bagged as that combination offers the best equipment. We also needed something more suitable for carpets and this is our result.

https://www.miele.co.uk/e/cylinder-v...ef3-11085190-p

Buying new and direct. I will let you know how the equipment is.

Let us know your thoughts on vacuums and what you use for your home
    Cryptonic made this sig

Quote Originally Posted by HentaiManOfPeace View Post
    gotchu fam

Attachment 28016

2. ISO #2

Re: Vacuum Cleaners

Dyson master race. End of convo

Their stuff doesn't break easily and does the job. Seems good enough, no?
    Quote Originally Posted by The Lawyer View Post
    Besides your lamp and your refridgerators, do you find anyone else suspicious?
    Quote Originally Posted by oliverz144 View Post
    it looks like many, e.g. MM and lag, suffered under the influence of paopan. However there is a victim: frinckles. He left the path of rationality and fully dived into the parallel reality of baby shark, king shark, and soviet union pizzas.
    Spoiler : The meaning of life :

3. ISO #3

4. ISO #4

5. ISO #5

6. ISO #6

7. ISO #7

8. ISO #8

Quote Originally Posted by SuperJack View Post
    As an adult, I do adult things and get stupidly excited over trivial things.

The most recent being a vacuum cleaner.
    My family have used Dyson for as long as I can remember.
    I always thought they where the best, and maybe at one point they where and all their adverts and marketing makes it seem like so.

After moving to our own place we stuck with Dyson, either my mum's old one or buying a second hand one. We never gave it much thought.

But now I'm even more adultman I've done a lot of Research, and I believe I've just fallen into the evil claws of marketings and aware of dysons dodgy attempts to twist the law to benifit them. since it's time for me to buy a new vacuum we've come to a new choise.

The opinions and reviews all tend to point to Miele, also recommend to go bagged as that combination offers the best equipment. We also needed something more suitable for carpets and this is our result.

https://www.miele.co.uk/e/cylinder-v...ef3-11085190-p

Buying new and direct. I will let you know how the equipment is.

Let us know your thoughts on vacuums and what you use for your home
    Yup dysons are terrible and the rollable vacuums with hose like in your picture are easily the best kind. Standing vacuums are terrible in comparison
    Have you ever heard the tragedy of Darth Jar Jar the wise?

9. ISO #9

10. ISO #10

Quote Originally Posted by aamirus View Post
    Yup dysons are terrible and the rollable vacuums with hose like in your picture are easily the best kind. Standing vacuums are terrible in comparison
    no need to flex what an adult you are on us jeez
    Quote Originally Posted by Blinkstorteddd02 View Post
    naz, he's claiming to have been at your house last night and infected you. I know u were drunk but PLEASE try as hard as you can to remember... That burning you felt the next morning when you went pee was from me, not him.

11. ISO #11

12. ISO #12

@Helz Totally get you. That's exactly what my research brought up, and why I settled on Miele (Although it's still a brand). The researcher I did definitely recommend it, and I'm able to obtain spare parts I believe. Went bagless and not standing for reduced amounts of parts to reduce amount of things that can go wrong.

This vacuum is a god damn beast, nearly ripped my carpet up from its fittings because it's so damn powerful, and even the wife is tempted to vacuum because it's easier to use than any Dyson we have had.

And I understand going for commercial use, sometimes you do get them sneaky products that pretend they are used commercial, but it's a trap.

I find if you really want to find out the best products, you are best finding someone who uses that product in their trade and find out what they use and where they get it from. One of these would be plaster, there are tons of brands/products that claim they are the best/used by tradsmen. Yet when talking to people who work in the trade, they all damn these products too hell, and sent me in the direction of the "good stuff". There where some that said they cancelled/put on hold jobs they had because the supplier of this plaster had temporary stopped production due to covid and they wouldn't let their job quality suffer.

But yeh. This Vacuum is better than any other vaccum I have used before.
    Cryptonic made this sig

gotchu fam

Attachment 28016

13. ISO #13

Dude. I created this god damn topic give me some cred also. Please tell me what a big boy I am!
    My coveted medal of maturity is not bestowed so easily...
    Quote Originally Posted by Blinkstorteddd02 View Post
    naz, he's claiming to have been at your house last night and infected you. I know u were drunk but PLEASE try as hard as you can to remember... That burning you felt the next morning when you went pee was from me, not him.

14. ISO #14

15. ISO #15

I had an expensive Dyson and it broke within 4 months of getting it. I got mad and foolishly smashed it instead of sending it back to the manufacturer. I then bought a cheap 100$ Walmart vacuum and it broke within 6 months of getting it. Then I bought a 4.5 horsepower shop vac and it has done great. I went with the shop vac after looking at how vacuums are designed and what kept breaking on them. There is just so many fewer parts that can fail on those units plus they can suck up liquid which comes in handy.

Theres 2 reasons I will never get a Dyson again:

Manufacturing has become so consolidated most industry's only have 2 or 3 places actually building the products. You end up with the exact same parts being slapped together with different plastic and brands on them which are then marketed. For this reason I no longer believe in 'Brand Loyalty.'

Internationally the business model of manufacturing has shifted to value engineering. After a product has been designed every change made to that product will be to either make it cheaper or allow for marketing. This is a big part of why old stuff is just better made than new stuff in general. This issue is compounded by the way CEO's catabolize customers loyalty to increase margins and justify larger bonuses. Once the original product has 1000 Amazon reviews they can just make a cheaper version of that product and it will sell based off the old versions reputation.

If you want something that will last I would buy something old or something with as few parts as possible that can break. I would avoid anything that uses a rotating brush to assist in picking up dirt as that and the drive band that runs it are usually the failure point. I focused on raw suction power because I have never had or had a friend who's vacuum broke resulting from the actual motor failing.

Shop Vacs are nice because they are built for more commercial application. I generally find if you focus on the commercial or industrial application of anything you get higher quality products. It also has a wide variety of customization with most brands having different attachments so you can kit it out for how you want to use it. Not to mention they all also function as blowers.

Best of luck in your shopping : )
    Intellectual growth comes from discussions, not arguments. If you are unwilling to change your position and hear the other persons side you are closed minded and wasting your time.
    If you can not clearly explain what the other sides reasoning is you can not disagree with their position because you do not understand it.

16. ISO #16

17. ISO #17

Quote Originally Posted by rumox View Post
    @Helz do you know if your shopvac handles cat hair well? My only concern for vacuums is if they have the grip and power to rip my cats hair out of the carpet and rugs.
    We went for the cat/dog version specifically because it comes with an extra head with the rotating brush bristles that helps loosen them up. And the different power settings on the vaccum help balence it out when you move onto other carpets which have high or low piles or hoops. Because our house is mostly carpeted we went for this.
    Cryptonic made this sig

gotchu fam

Attachment 28016

18. ISO #18

Quote Originally Posted by rumox View Post
    @Helz do you know if your shopvac handles cat hair well? My only concern for vacuums is if they have the grip and power to rip my cats hair out of the carpet and rugs.
    I think thats a valid concern. The house I just bought has no carpet and I don't have any long haired animals that come around so I can't speak to that although the suction power on this thing is at a level that I think it could hurt someone. I know theres rotating brush attachments that function off the power of the suction but I am not sure how well those work either.
    Intellectual growth comes from discussions, not arguments. If you are unwilling to change your position and hear the other persons side you are closed minded and wasting your time.
    If you can not clearly explain what the other sides reasoning is you can not disagree with their position because you do not understand it.

19. ISO #19

Quote Originally Posted by Helz View Post
    I think thats a valid concern. The house I just bought has no carpet and I don't have any long haired animals that come around so I can't speak to that although the suction power on this thing is at a level that I think it could hurt someone. I know theres rotating brush attachments that function off the power of the suction but I am not sure how well those work either.
    I expect you to attack your next burglar with your vaccum.
    Cryptonic made this sig

gotchu fam

Attachment 28016

20. ISO #20

I just don’t understand why the standing variants are so much more popular. They are OBJECTIVELY worse. Like, more effort switching attachments/modes to reach hard to reach places, more effort to avoid getting the wire tangled, more effort to drag the damn thing around the house.. I just can’t think of one pro and yet somehow they’re so much more popular
    Have you ever heard the tragedy of Darth Jar Jar the wise?

21. ISO #21

I just don’t understand why the standing variants are so much more popular. They are OBJECTIVELY worse. Like, more effort switching attachments/modes to reach hard to reach places, more effort to avoid getting the wire tangled, more effort to drag the damn thing around the house.. I just can’t think of one pro and yet somehow they’re so much more popular
    You have your answer there. Because it's so poor that they would want a newer one sooner. Because surely the newer ones are better?......

So rather than sell 1 good one they Sell lots of terrible ones (that are maybe good for the first year or so)
    Because reviews are biased and majority only take initial use in consideration. Means your brand get a good name (looks at Dyson) and you make lots of money.
    Cryptonic made this sig

gotchu fam

Attachment 28016

22. ISO #22

I expect you to attack your next burglar with your vaccum.
    Lol. That would be absolutely hilarious. I would personally run from anyone crazy enough to attack me with a vacuum cleaner.

I say the same thing about so many things in this world. Such as the Kardashians : P