S-FM Eternal Conflict (Off Queue Game Ongoing) - Page 18
Register

User Tag List

Page 18 of 35 FirstFirst ... 8 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 28 ... LastLast
  1. ISO #851

Re: S-FM Eternal Conflict (Off Queue Game Ongoing)

Spoiler : :

Quote Originally Posted by Marshmallow Marshall View Post
    Ok about your opinion on Helz for now. I expect a conclusion at some point on D1, though. It's not like you don't have enough time to do whatever you claim to want to do :P

Your main contribution has been chaos and disruption. Blaming anyone for voting you is quite ridiculous. That being said, after this post:

I understand it may have been that your troll head had taken over, so I'll give you a chance to do something with your existence lol.
    -unvote
    Quote Originally Posted by Varcron View Post
    Doing something is overrated
    Should we assume from this post that you find Mr. Science towny, or at least not scummy, for his repeated empty posts?
    I never said anything like that, I just said that doing something is overrated.

If (I haven't really been reading too much or gone too far in because busy) that is the case, I would consider that scummy because blank posts are literally useless.
    Well then, doing something isn't so overrated in your eyes, eh? I definetly agree it's not towny, btw.
    To be fair with you when you phrased your previous past post it does now kind of seem like a trap for me to fall in, so I guess we both played ourselves.
    I don't see the "trap". You could've had some kind of TWTBAW read on him, which wouldn't have been completely ununderstandable, although I wouldn't have shared it. But anyway, I'd like you to explain me how it looks like I laid a trap, because I guess DM could have seen the same thing and jumped on it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marshmallow Marshall
    Should we assume from this post that you find Mr. Science towny, or at least not scummy, for his repeated empty posts?
    This is an inference where my post never specified that the person in question was scum or town

This continues off the same premise but phrases is differently to where I could have potentially misread and agreed with part of your statement and as such likely would have had a scum read from you.

I honestly find this lengthy set of interaction towny for both of them; it feels like to me they're genuinely interested in trying to sort each other on this subject.
    A.K.A "That One Idiot"

2. ISO #852

Fencesitting is a general scumtell, so it wouldn't be good if that were what Mr. Science was doing. However, here he wants to take time to evaluate him, which isn't fencesitting but "I need time to evaluate"; that is NAI. I don't think we should read too much into it until we see (or do not see) his read on Helz later on.
    Come to think of it, I have no clue why I said that last time.

The Helz comment is out of nowhere in the conversational context (presuming they were only reacting to quoted posts). If they had said it while being pressured for reads, then honestly I would like that better to a degree because I (personally) think outing reads while under pressure too easily can be somewhat scum-AI.
    A.K.A "That One Idiot"

3. ISO #853

Quote Originally Posted by yzb25 View Post
    I kind of assumed I would have more to say, but the thread has not had many AI interactions frankly. My reads are something like this:

Wiisp - town. (I thought the way they probed me and Leto was very much sincerely trying to understand. Don't agree with the reads they often produce but the thought process is very consistent)
    Martin - town. (I thought the wallpost was good. Helz's characterization if it seemed unfair. Their thought process reminds me of the prior illuminati game.)
    Helz - null/town. (I'm honestly not sure how much the towntells ppl point out on Helz's slot can be trusted, but they seem to be making a very earnest effort to push the game forward)
    SJ - scum. (the overall play has been very anti-town and the way they push ppl has been more plain argumentative than trying to actually find alignments and shit)
    Leto/Varcron - scum. (after the early posts that seemed extremely vain, they mainly pop in to have lame arguments and excuse themselves for not reading / taking stances)
    MM - null. The vote on gray and the way they responded to being asked about it remains very strange. But whenever they're not talking to me they seem like usual early game null MM.

I don't have any meaningful read on anyone else (if the above can even be considered meaningful). There is a good chance there are multiple scums among the people that barely have any AI content and this game is just town cannibalism.

-vote samsungLyssa

I can get behind Helz reasoning for this vote for now.
    Yeah, uh, no.

A key part of that game was me searching for whoever had been interacted with very little, and my focus at times was very mechanical (so much so that I almost gave MattZed a metaphorical heart attack as the setup creator). Additionally, given the significantly different context of phase length in this game, I wouldn't be surprised if some things about me changed quite a fair bit.

Can you please point out what exactly mirrors my thought processes from that game, and/or why have my thought processes are (or likely are) irreplicable as !scum Martin?
    A.K.A "That One Idiot"

4. ISO #854

Also would like to see what's exactly scummy about being vain

More often than not I would imagine scum are not vain; at least that's the experience I've seen from most of my past scum teammates.

Though I have seen certain off-site players being fully capable of being vain as scum and often times they abuse it with a fully expressive playstyle so no one ever notices they're power-wolfing.
    A.K.A "That One Idiot"

5. ISO #855

Quote Originally Posted by SuperJack View Post
    Which is why I can't get an accurate read on YZB. If they was a wolf why would they claim I'm scum? YZB is one of the people who can easily manipulate me I think.
    Why is !wolf YZB mandated to not do that?

I mean, sure, there are potentially ideal things that scum can do but there are by far no guarantees scum will do it.

Does this sort of thing (where you think X player if scum would do Y to you) factor into your evaluations of anyone else?
    A.K.A "That One Idiot"

6. ISO #856

Quote Originally Posted by S-FM Magoroth View Post
    Here are my notes on people.
    Spoiler : my notes on players :

Dark Magician
    - Hipshot post screams town to me #115
    - Says he’s not taking the game seriously. This is a good policy yeet now. #588
    - Spammy posts #628

Grayswandir
    - Spammy, first page, but seems town. Then again, did a great job of ‘seeming town’ in another game so I won’t fall for that again #40.
    - Gets on train on wisp with a “I agree!”. It’s redundant #181
    - Says Wisp is acting similar to the last scum game. I like this post too Wisp #203
    - Dumb (or maybe scummy) to bring up the “toxic” post from a while back. HRD agrees with me #251
    - Too aggressive for this game. Deserves to go. #273

Helz
    - Asking for the archon to differentiate themselves is pro town. #200
    - Better setup read A+
    - I don’t see him asking people to pm host reads as scum. Well, maybe I do, but probably not #244
    - Calls out wisp for the early town read. Yikes, I guess I fell for this too #246
    - Calls Richard Dawkins scum for activity reasons. I also expect better #505

Hybrid Richard Dawkins
    - Lots of fluff role-play posts
    - Colored posts are making it hard to read, especially when they use the dark colors. Going to start skimming
    - Stating helz is hard to read is good.

Martin
    - Defense of Wisp from Leto’s attacks look good #607
    - Another call to get Hawkins to sign their posts.

Samson
    - Opens with just stupid role play
    - Marshal, Wisp, Yzb scum team #97
    - More riddle garbage. Did this guy even replace? #479
    - I have no discernible reason to think this is town, but the mask on/mask off shit says town to me. Ugh ugh. #686

Wisp
    - Says something about anon accounts hiding #18
    - Advocates for no role play. Good for figuring out game. Town points #183
    - Advocates for optimal town play. DUH #408

YZB
    - Good setup read. Only gives feedback on the town roles so /shrug #5
    - 11 posts in and they have town reads on leto and null on other talkers. Scum points #11
    - YZB says I deliver a killer scum game. I don’t really recall ever doing that.
    - Telling everyone to discuss the bible and science in another thread is pretty pro town because it stops garbage. Yzb might do this even if they are scum. But I like it anyway #146

Vacaron
    - Good analysis on yzb’s state of mind on the post. This is how mafia should be played. Also A+ to not spamming #8
    - I’m not a fan of his posts #387

and here's my ranking of people

Magoroth - No comment here necessary
    Helz - I don't think Helz deserves #1 town, and I realize I'm just town reading him because Helz is a strong player, but that's where the slot is for now.
    Yzb - my note here on yzb is mostly driven by the posts by Leto/vacaron. Initially pegged him as scum, but advocated for some pro town things and is now in this spot
    Vacaron - Leto used to be my top town, but i haven't liked the content in the last few [days?], placing here.
    Wisp - Advocates for a shitton of pro town strategies. I like this slot a lot gameplay wise, but not too sure about alignment
    MM - I was able to pick MM as a hard town in the last game I played. Wasn't able to do it here buddy.
    HRD/SuperJack - Too much spam, didn't want to sign his name. I guess the archon shit is done and you aren't getting yeeted today. I'd like to see your day 2.
    Samson - Riddles and role play, even being asked to stop.
    Dark Magician - Says that they don't care about the game. They can die.

I'm not a huge fan of how the top of my list sorted itself out, but I like the bottom.

It feels like I'm missing Bahkeih and SamsungLyssa?

Also, I am way too fucking tired to go back AGAIN through the list and look for ranking/reads. Game ends on the 26th, right?
    Mind elaborating on me if you have a read on me?

And does that factor with or in my interactions with the Leto II / Varcon slot with regards to Wiisp that you clearly noted?

Also it ends on the 27th for me I think. Might be time-zone dependent.
    A.K.A "That One Idiot"

7. ISO #857

Quote Originally Posted by Helz View Post
    I strongly town read Magoroth for this list.

There is no way wolves have not discussed how Wisp is host confirmed town in their chat. You are now my 2nd to top town read Magoroth, Congrats : )
    Actually, disregard my previous question/post.

I agree with this.
    A.K.A "That One Idiot"

8. ISO #858

I do not see a world where scum have not either laughed at the smite on Grey or said something along the lines of 'damn bro, he got your ass.'
    I would advise reading into something (or lack there of) like that. This game is going to be very lengthy, and some players are going to be so less invested compared to quicker games that the emotion may not be really there at times or they might, y'know, forget the game exists.

Or at least that's my opinion.
    A.K.A "That One Idiot"

9. ISO #859

Do you disagree with my reasoning in any way?

And if people disagree they can simply lynch him without me. I am only 1 vote and you guys have no idea if I am even town.
    Are you implying that you think Varcron is town and if so why?

Recently before this you were discussing on how Magoroth is likely town because they didn't mention the God day-kill and that scum would know that by now.
    A.K.A "That One Idiot"

10. ISO #860

We've seen text walls been sent by scum, for example if we looked at some of Martin's scum games we see lots of in depth "townie" posting only for him to say "GOTCHA!" later in the game.

Huh. Now that you mentioned it, I think you're quite right about that.

Though I do believe my last scum game on Mafia Universe improved on that (assuming we ignore me hard-bussing a scummate on d1 for 95% replicating a past scum-game), so honestly I think you should be wary of more than just the existence or non-existence of "GOTCHA's".
    A.K.A "That One Idiot"

11. ISO #861

Martin's wallposts are characteristic of both his scum and town game, do not trust them even if they have good content as he has screwed us multiple times by making us believe that his walls are townie.
    Well, maybe fooled people but seriously I haven't won a single scum-game in my 16 FM games so far. More often than not I just die by F3 PoE or get caught just because I decided to not bus my last scum teammate and tried to save them (where I end up failing to save them).

If you're concerned about me fooling people I suggest just getting rid of me by then at some point, though I would really would like for us to focus on other people right now rather than me.
    A.K.A "That One Idiot"

12. ISO #862

Quote Originally Posted by Wiisp View Post
    That he knows what he is doing regardless of his alignment, I hated his early posts, because it falls into that typical calculated scum trope, but his real times,, where he doesn't focus on larger walls, feels more natural
    I can see what you mean, but honestly some sort of "early reads" list is characteristic of both my scum and town plays (to steal Varcron's words). I'm willing to bet at least half of my town and scum games, if not more, have had some sort of early reads list or post on D1 (and if not, around SoD2).

It's not always a read wall though, sometimes its described as who's on my radar, who's in my "possible wolf" pool....etc.
    A.K.A "That One Idiot"

13. ISO #863

Who swapped in for Leto again?
    and I am not at Vacron town yet, Idk why you guys are
    enlighten me please?
    Honestly I might be biased but I feel like they had a solving mindset and, compared to some people who probably know me better because they've played with me more, he was the one to point of that wall posts aren't always AI for me.

But that might be because I may have a separate off-site on-going game with one of the players here that complicates matters of meta and could be endless WIFOM if we dwell in it, as well as the fact that we can't really talk about it here and of course we can't talk about this here over there.
    A.K.A "That One Idiot"

14. ISO #864

Quote Originally Posted by MartinGG99 View Post
    I would advise reading into something (or lack there of) like that. This game is going to be very lengthy, and some players are going to be so less invested compared to quicker games that the emotion may not be really there at times or they might, y'know, forget the game exists.

Or at least that's my opinion.
    Still theres 3 heads in wolf chat. More if they have Hydras. There is always a much lower chance of scum missing something than town simply because it only takes 1 wolf to pick up on it for all the wolves to be informed.
    Intellectual growth comes from discussions, not arguments. If you are unwilling to change your position and hear the other persons side you are closed minded and wasting your time.
    If you can not clearly explain what the other sides reasoning is you can not disagree with their position because you do not understand it.

15. ISO #865

16. ISO #866

Still theres 3 heads in wolf chat. More if they have Hydras. There is always a much lower chance of scum missing something than town simply because it only takes 1 wolf to pick up on it for all the wolves to be informed.
    Shit I just picked up that your Mafia.
    Do I say anything?

17. ISO #867

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Magician View Post
    -vote Hybrid Richard Dawkins

RNG.
    {Samson Mask Off} I thought Richard Dawkins was Superjack, there were no more hydras, and SJ was playing as himself on his own account. What is up and what is down?

{Samson Mask On} It doesn’t matter who we are, what matters is our plan.

18. ISO #868

19. ISO #869

Yeah, uh, no.

A key part of that game was me searching for whoever had been interacted with very little, and my focus at times was very mechanical (so much so that I almost gave MattZed a metaphorical heart attack as the setup creator). Additionally, given the significantly different context of phase length in this game, I wouldn't be surprised if some things about me changed quite a fair bit.

Can you please point out what exactly mirrors my thought processes from that game, and/or why have my thought processes are (or likely are) irreplicable as !scum Martin?
    I like that you're denying yzb's likely pocketing attempt, and would too like to see explainations on the matter.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Lawyer View Post
    Besides your lamp and your refridgerators, do you find anyone else suspicious?
    Quote Originally Posted by oliverz144 View Post
    it looks like many, e.g. MM and lag, suffered under the influence of paopan. However there is a victim: frinckles. He left the path of rationality and fully dived into the parallel reality of baby shark, king shark, and soviet union pizzas.
    Spoiler : The meaning of life :

20. ISO #870

Do I say anything?
    huh?
    it looks like many, e.g. MM and lag, suffered under the influence of paopan. However there is a victim: frinckles. He left the path of rationality and fully dived into the parallel reality of baby shark, king shark, and soviet union pizzas.

21. ISO #871

22. ISO #872

23. ISO #873

Unrelated but flight of the concords is amazing : )
    Do I say anything?
    I would say absolutely yes and Im curious if you were making some point I missed here or playing with the idea of information dissemination. I personally favor voicing stuff for the reasoning in the post you quoted unless I am giving someone enough rope to hang themselves with.
    Intellectual growth comes from discussions, not arguments. If you are unwilling to change your position and hear the other persons side you are closed minded and wasting your time.
    If you can not clearly explain what the other sides reasoning is you can not disagree with their position because you do not understand it.

24. ISO #874

25. ISO #875

26. ISO #876

Meh I'm fine with Policy lynch
    -vote SamsungLyssa
    @SamsungLyssa

27. ISO #877

28. ISO #878

Oh you know you stole that GIF
    I absolutely did. I even said I would steal it lol. That doesn't remove its message, does it?

29. ISO #879

Meh I'm fine with Policy lynch
    -vote SamsungLyssa
    Are we seriously going to let yzb slip away with his less-than-amazing list of reads? Is a policy lynch better? I don't think so

30. ISO #880

31. ISO #881

Oh I didn't see this gem to respond to

Fair, I haven't really been available over the past few days and for that I apologise and will try to make up for it.

Martin's wallposts are characteristic of both his scum and town game, do not trust them even if they have good content as he has screwed us multiple times by making us believe that his walls are townie.

I want more of an explanation on why you think SJ is scum, your words here in my opinion do not make sense.

A chunk of your reads here are literally just sticking random stuff to random people with very, VERY thin reason behind it. If you don't build up sufficient evidence as to why each person is a certain alignment, it makes it harder for the rest of us to see into your brain or agree/disagree.
    The way they push people is primarily focused on self-preservation or taking easy shots. The main people they argued with (Helz, Wiisp) were just people who were pushing and voting them at the time. They used memes and shitposts to dodge legitimate questions and queries. Their play reminds me of scum!Iced Monopoly in Black Flag Nightless a few years ago. Iced wasn't shitposty or unserious, but he'd basically push the shit out of anyone who scumread him and abruptly drop it the moment their read switched. Their play wasn't pro-town at all, but they pushed so hard people just regarded it as towny, in the absence of real contributions.

I can dig up quotes of SJ/Hybrid doing these things but digging thru their posts is kind of hellish. So just take the most recent thing they did when they pushed back against my wall as an example. Bear with me, because apparently everyone and their mum finds everything I post scummy. But notice how out of all my egregious posts, the one they actually push me hard for is the one where I happen to express a committed scumread. They hopped on the samsunglyssa vote afterwards anyway, so they apparently agree as to why it's pro-town to do that here. And then there was this post after pushing me:

Which is why I can't get an accurate read on YZB. If they was a wolf why would they claim I'm scum? YZB is one of the people who can easily manipulate me I think.
    Which just looks like giving themselves room to backtrack on me later. He also did the question-dodging thing in that interaction with me too.

I guess in the reads I said I simply didn't find the RP pro-town, but I also found it scummy. As I said above, it makes reading them hellish and makes people inclined to just lazily townread them for aggression. I've seen scums and towns get into the kinds of silly arguments Hybrid got in with Paul, but SJ's partner looked like he was deliberately trying to provoke Paul several times. And I've only ever seen towns do that when they had a grudge against the slot (but they didn't).

Their most towny moments were when they were just having game-solvey conversations with Wiisp. It doesn't really undo my read though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blinkstorteddd02 View Post
    naz, he's claiming to have been at your house last night and infected you. I know u were drunk but PLEASE try as hard as you can to remember... That burning you felt the next morning when you went pee was from me, not him.

32. ISO #882

Yeah, uh, no.

I'm not going to dig up quotes from a prior game to demonstrate what is effectively just an impulse feeling. It's less about the specific playstyle and more just the general way you're thinking. Maybe you can perfectly imitate it as scum, I wouldn't know. But for now, you are my townread and you will have to deal with it!
    naz, he's claiming to have been at your house last night and infected you. I know u were drunk but PLEASE try as hard as you can to remember... That burning you felt the next morning when you went pee was from me, not him.

33. ISO #883

Are we seriously going to let yzb slip away with his less-than-amazing list of reads? Is a policy lynch better? I don't think so
    It doesn't have to be a policy lynch. @SamsungLyssa still has a couple days to come in here and respond to Helz reasoning. If it becomes a lynch, that would be shit, but it will at least be demonstrated that the threat is serious.

34. ISO #884

It doesn't have to be a policy lynch. @SamsungLyssa still has a couple days to come in here and respond to Helz reasoning. If it becomes a lynch, that would be shit, but it will at least be demonstrated that the threat is serious.
    And 3/13 is better than ME.

Brb gonna stick my head in a sink

35. ISO #885

36. ISO #886

We do not need to go out of our way to try to solve this game day 1, Yzb is a great yeet, because his read list is complete bull lol.

What is with this samsung policy yeet?
    Look, I get posting a nullread 10 posts in was irredeemably scummy and bringing up town cannibalism when god reveals and shoots my townread less than a week in then pushes the crap out of me is totally unrelatable, but if I'm such obv scum you don't need to take the time to crap on my reads too. Fine, some of my reads are worse than others but if the "best player on the site" lets SJ walk away with that play that's on you not me.

37. ISO #887

Look, I get posting a nullread 10 posts in was irredeemably scummy and bringing up town cannibalism when god reveals and shoots my townread less than a week in then pushes the crap out of me is totally unrelatable, but if I'm such obv scum you don't need to take the time to crap on my reads too. Fine, some of my reads are worse than others but if the "best player on the site" lets SJ walk away with that play that's on you not me.
    How can I let myself walk away with anything? Your statement does not make sense.
    Cryptonic made this sig

Quote Originally Posted by HentaiManOfPeace View Post
    gotchu fam

Attachment 28016

38. ISO #888

This is why "pressure voting" is dumb. Here's the epitome of the site meta where Lyssa's pressure isn't currently a serious threat.

39. ISO #889

Ok this is now my only mafia game, time to start breaking this shit down, since I only have 1 day phase in the worst case scenario
    Y2b, the only really bad thing about that post, was you not even voting someone who wasn't even one of your wolf reads. It makes absolutely no sense

Samsung isn't not going to sweep this game

40. ISO #890

41. ISO #891

What is with this samsung policy yeet?
    Town/Scum > Inactive/Scum as far as value. We can sort active players but if there is 2 heads and they dont contribute for literal weeks of time they won't be any use to the town even if they are town.

A part of me also thinks they have to be active -somewhere- to have not been replaced although that could be a hydra chat and not necessarily a wolf chat.

42. ISO #892

Town/Scum > Inactive/Scum as far as value. We can sort active players but if there is 2 heads and they dont contribute for literal weeks of time they won't be any use to the town even if they are town.

A part of me also thinks they have to be active -somewhere- to have not been replaced although that could be a hydra chat and not necessarily a wolf chat.
    ya but I wouldn't worry about it on day 1, unless you have something explicit
    also that second line is pretty gross, don't use that read lol

but I guess, literally playing against your win-con can easily be seen as not town
    *cough Dark, cough Samsung*

43. ISO #893

but I guess, literally playing against your win-con can easily be seen as not town
    Lol. I think you know what I am up to : )

I anticipate game tempo will increase over the last few days. It will be interesting to see what direction people move in given that most of the lobby has not taken many stances in spite of us approaching 900 posts.

44. ISO #894

45. ISO #895

Low Contribution isn’t entirely against Wincon.
    It’s just not making yourself that visible.
    Essentially there is nothing to fight if you aren’t there.
    Therefore it’s the perfect strat to trick scum.

46. ISO #896

47. ISO #897

48. ISO #898

49. ISO #899

50. ISO #900

Essentially when you lynch someone (at least for the first few days) you want it to be Benefical regardless of alignment. Because if you have nothing to go off of the yeet doesn’t provide anything.
    If it’s a Scum Lynched (Yay, but that’s all we got)
    If it’s a Town (You are essentially back at square one)