S-FM Eternal Conflict (Off Queue Game Ongoing) - Page 6
Register

User Tag List

Page 6 of 35 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 16 ... LastLast
  1. ISO #251

Re: S-FM Eternal Conflict (Off Queue Game Ongoing)

Quote Originally Posted by Hybrid Richard Dawkins View Post
    Be thankful that you have a life, and forsake your vain and presumptuous desire for a second one.

More generally, one of the truly bad effects of religion is that it teaches us that it is a virtue to be satisfied with not understanding

Science is interesting, and if you don't agree you can fuck off.
    Whats with all the toxicity coming from your other head? Can he chill out?

2. ISO #252

3. ISO #253

4. ISO #254

5. ISO #255

6. ISO #256

Quote Originally Posted by Grayswandir View Post
    I’m reading back
    Yet you're acting like our slot is currently acting toxic, derailing current conversations in order to paint us in a certain way. Why? To discredit our points of view?

On that note, (since you're interested in bringing up posts from page 3 in an attempt to discredit our slot) why is an attack on religion considered toxic anyway? Why do people take an attack on a religion so personally? Why, I can't help wondering, is God thought to need such ferocious defense? One might have supposed him amply capable of looking after himself.

7. ISO #257

Yet you're acting like our slot is currently acting toxic, derailing current conversations in order to paint us in a certain way. Why? To discredit our points of view?

On that note, (since you're interested in bringing up posts from page 3 in an attempt to discredit our slot) why is an attack on religion considered toxic anyway? Why do people take an attack on a religion so personally? Why, I can't help wondering, is God thought to need such ferocious defense? One might have supposed him amply capable of looking after himself.
    If you are referring to the posts I made where I attacked your attitude, that was just me being really angry and had nothing to do with what we’re talking about. I saw your slot continue to roleplay even after Paul replaced out over it. And then to top it all of he also told them to fuck off. Lol! If I’m discrediting anyone it is your other head whose only contributions have been RP and generally just toxic comments. Just talk to them, and tell them to cut it out.

As for the other half of your post, it isnt the attack on religion per se that is toxic, more that they kept RP’ing and insulted them after they replaced out.

8. ISO #258

9. ISO #259

Quote Originally Posted by Wiisp View Post
    the first is pretty subjective
    and lol to the second comment

-unvote

since I do not care much for yeeting this slot atm, after they responded with some real thoughts
    debating on y2b, but I am about to raid soon in WoW
    or maybe its Wiisp for letting us know he will be inactive and the reason for said inactivity lol. scum have done this literally every single game I was in recently

10. ISO #260

If you are referring to the posts I made where I attacked your attitude, that was just me being really angry and had nothing to do with what we’re talking about. I saw your slot continue to roleplay even after Paul replaced out over it. And then to top it all of he also told them to fuck off. Lol! If I’m discrediting anyone it is your other head whose only contributions have been RP and generally just toxic comments. Just talk to them, and tell them to cut it out.

As for the other half of your post, it isnt the attack on religion per se that is toxic, more that they kept RP’ing and insulted them after they replaced out.
    I'm referring to one specific post that is referencing another one specific post from over 100 posts ago, and you acting like it's a post we made now rather than 4 pages ago.

11. ISO #261

12. ISO #262

I'm referring to one specific post that is referencing another one specific post from over 100 posts ago, and you acting like it's a post we made now rather than 4 pages ago.
    I’m not, and idk how I’m discrediting you by ‘calling yoh toxic’ since I’m not even calling both of you toxic only one of the heads you admitted yourself has little Mafia skill. If you’re worried about me discrediting the half of you who doesnt even know how to play very well then I’m very sorry, but it doesn’t make sense and it’s not what I’m doing.

13. ISO #263

14. ISO #264

or maybe its Wiisp for letting us know he will be inactive and the reason for said inactivity lol. scum have done this literally every single game I was in recently
    I can't get myself to even start catching up knowing that there's an endless amount of time.
    Do me a favor and don't count the days of my inactivity.

Tbh, 100-150 posts in this game feel like 500-600 in other.
    "Charismatic leaders ought to come with a warning label on their forehead: May be dangerous to your health."
    "The mistakes (of leaders) are amplified by the numbers who follow them without question."
    "Beware of heroes. Much better rely on your own judgment and your own mistakes."

15. ISO #265

Quote Originally Posted by Leto II View Post
    I can't get myself to even start catching up knowing that there's an endless amount of time.
    Do me a favor and don't count the days of my inactivity.

Tbh, 100-150 posts in this game feel like 500-600 in other.
    This is just ‘day one’, I’m sure people will eventually get bored and stop posting.

16. ISO #266

17. ISO #267

18. ISO #268

19. ISO #269

All your points on me have been, he is discrediting us by calling us toxic, except I was only calling one of you toxic, rendering the point moot, and, he is copying Wiisp, which, no, I’m not? I just happen to agree with him? It’s wolfy, and I was hoping Pail would continue his RP, because it’s the sort of thing that’s anti-town in such a manner that it’s likely to out scum

You are extremely defensive and paranoid, you really think scum would scumpaint you as being ‘toxic’ to discredit your reads? I would never and have in fact never done it, I am not so much of a trash player to do something like that as either alignment, when I see something that is toxic I call it out.

20. ISO #270

UOTE=Paul;914401]Genesis‬ *1:1-5‬ *
    “In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth. And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters. And God said, Let there be light: and there was light. And God saw the light, that it was good: and God divided the light from the darkness. And God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night. And the evening and the morning were the first day.”
    **[/QUOTE]
    READ: Just looked this post up, turns out it actually comes from the bible. Very unlikely that a scum would say this, highly reading town tbh

A Third of your People
    Will die by Plague or be consumed by Famine within you
    A Third will fall by the Sword outside your Walls
    And a Third I will scatter to every Wind
    And unleash a Sword behind them.
    READ: why is he still raising his post count with low IQ (inferior quality) posts when it is already so high? 60% scum for greys tbh, and very sus name. Also remember, the 2nd to RP is always scum. The first to RP is 50% scum, 3rd to RP always town usually.

can we please stop talking in scriptures?
    READ: I think that I have heard the devil say this exact quote somewhere tbh

21. ISO #271

Lol, for sure. Let’s just drop it. It looks like a huge misunderstanding anyways.
    6 posts later:

All your points on me have been, he is discrediting us by calling us toxic, except I was only calling one of you toxic, rendering the point moot, and, he is copying Wiisp, which, no, I’m not? I just happen to agree with him? It’s wolfy, and I was hoping Pail would continue his RP, because it’s the sort of thing that’s anti-town in such a manner that it’s likely to out scum

You are extremely defensive and paranoid, you really think scum would scumpaint you as being ‘toxic’ to discredit your reads? I would never and have in fact never done it, I am not so much of a trash player to do something like that as either alignment, when I see something that is toxic I call it out.
    So much for just dropping it

22. ISO #272

23. ISO #273

6 posts later:

So much for just dropping it
    You are scumpainting and discrediting ppl and trying to pass it off as you solving and hunting. This I will not stand for. If you come into the game with buckets of redpaint, at least aim properly. You just slipped and dropped them all over yourself.
    -vote Hybrid Richard Dawkins

24. ISO #274

Please get out of my account if you can't use your color right.
    Are you two trying to cause confusion with the colours so we dont know when the ‘clever’ one of you is talking? So if SJ says something stupid he just lets the other half take the fall for it?

25. ISO #275

You are scumpainting and discrediting ppl and trying to pass it off as you solving and hunting. This I will not stand for. If you come into the game with buckets of redpaint, at least aim properly. You just slipped and dropped them all over yourself.
    -vote Hybrid Richard Dawkins
    Please enlighten everyone how #266 warrants the response you gave it?

26. ISO #276

27. ISO #277

28. ISO #278

Quote Originally Posted by SamsungLyssa View Post
    I'm going to hammer either yzb, grayswandir or richard dawkins for being cringe if they get to -1 vote fyi
    people who get mad about video games are why i cant say the n word online anymore
    very sad state !
    Don't talk to us about cringe. Your #270 is literally cancer.

29. ISO #279

30. ISO #280

31. ISO #281

Honestly this just feels like a dumb town TvT
    You can't declare an interaction involving yourself as TvT or TvS

You are also extremely wishy washy. You seem a bit unhinged. You okay? Need someone to talk to? We can DM about rl stuff unrelated to the game if you need.

32. ISO #282

Please enlighten everyone how #266 warrants the response you gave it?
    It doesn’t, but on my end it feels like there is nothing I could say to you that would persuade you to drop this weird little train on me you’re trying to construct out of thin air. I’m getting mildly annoyed because I think you’re actually town, and that you’re just trying to scumread ppl and I really don’t understand where the train on me is coming from. If I were to be scumread, it should at least be for different reasons.

33. ISO #283

Honestly this just feels like a dumb town TvT interaction, but I’m getting mildly annoyed at being scumread for ‘discrediting ppl for calling them toxic’. Like, really, what?
    We were willing to drop this whole page as requested. Then after #266 which is completely unrelated to all this "toxicity" talk you jumped right back into it again. Why was that post so triggering to you?

34. ISO #284

We were willing to drop this whole page as requested. Then after #266 which is completely unrelated to all this "toxicity" talk you jumped right back into it again. Why was that post so triggering to you?
    Meh, I feel like you’re town and I’m just getting needlessly triggered by your scumread on me. Sorry. I don’t want to ruin ppl’s fun by tunneling needlessly. I just don’t react well to being pushed. Not your fault at all, I’m just being a dumbass early on into the game. Lol. Always a good sign.
    Let’s just drop it and pretend it never happened.

35. ISO #285

It doesn’t, but on my end it feels like there is nothing I could say to you that would persuade you to drop this weird little train on me you’re trying to construct out of thin air. I’m getting mildly annoyed because I think you’re actually town, and that you’re just trying to scumread ppl and I really don’t understand where the train on me is coming from. If I were to be scumread, it should at least be for different reasons.
    We made 1 post since you said "Let's just drop this", which was on a completely different topic, before you went completely bonkers over thr same stuff we were willing to drop

Was "let's just drop it" actually an attempt to resolve and drop a misunderstanding? Or an attempt to shake off our wariness of you under the guise of the former?

We haven't even voted you and you are extremely self conscious about a train forming on you. Why?

36. ISO #286

We made 1 post since you said "Let's just drop this", which was on a completely different topic, before you went completely bonkers over thr same stuff we were willing to drop

Was "let's just drop it" actually an attempt to resolve and drop a misunderstanding? Or an attempt to shake off our wariness of you under the guise of the former?

We haven't even voted you and you are extremely self conscious about a train forming on you. Why?
    Because I’m an idiot. Sorry. My bad lol.

37. ISO #287

I have this stupid tendency to get really heated and defensive when I get scumread. Like the post where I attacked your attitude, I got really angry bc it seemed you were condescending even though its stuff I say as well sometimes and I don’t mean it in an ‘angry’ manner. Let’s just get back to the game. Sorry for derailing it.

38. ISO #288

@AIVION
    I wish to make a small request.
    Could you post a list of the accounts that are playing? (or edit the one in #1)
    I believe there are 2 Hydras in this game and I know SJ is one of the heads for one of them, do we know the others?
    "Charismatic leaders ought to come with a warning label on their forehead: May be dangerous to your health."
    "The mistakes (of leaders) are amplified by the numbers who follow them without question."
    "Beware of heroes. Much better rely on your own judgment and your own mistakes."

39. ISO #289

40. ISO #290

This is just ‘day one’, I’m sure people will eventually get bored and stop posting.
    I doubt it. D1 will probably end up a 1000 post day at the rate things are going. Especially given the level of aggression and that we are not totally out of RVS but are close to 300 posts in.
    I'm going to hammer either yzb, grayswandir or richard dawkins for being cringe if they get to -1 vote fyi
    people who get mad about video games are why i cant say the n word online anymore
    very sad state !
    Its a 'bit' early to declare hammer intent.
    Honestly this just feels like a dumb town TvT interaction, but I’m getting mildly annoyed at being scumread for ‘discrediting ppl for calling them toxic’. Like, really, what?
    This caught my attention. Why do you town read Hybrid even though you claim they are scumpainting you?
    Intellectual growth comes from discussions, not arguments. If you are unwilling to change your position and hear the other persons side you are closed minded and wasting your time.
    If you can not clearly explain what the other sides reasoning is you can not disagree with their position because you do not understand it.

41. ISO #291

Quote Originally Posted by Helz View Post
    I doubt it. D1 will probably end up a 1000 post day at the rate things are going. Especially given the level of aggression and that we are not totally out of RVS but are close to 300 posts in.

Its a 'bit' early to declare hammer intent.

This caught my attention. Why do you town read Hybrid even though you claim they are scumpainting you?
    name all 3 mafia

42. ISO #292

But for now, I have a question for all of you. When do you think is a proper time for a God such as myself to Smite down the unholy? I want clear and honest answers only.
    I'm not sure if there's always going to be a "proper" time.

Personally, how I would play it, if god, is have someone who I've rather continuously scum-read around day 2 or day 3 and, presuming that I believe they aren't aware of how much I suspect them, allow them to create content and somewhere in the last (IRL) week before EoD just kill them.

In either case though, each day phase is 3 weeks long and so there's plenty of time to think about god's circumstantial nuances as well as the game state's nuances.
    A.K.A "That One Idiot"

43. ISO #293

Quote Originally Posted by yzb25 View Post
    Hi. I thought this would be like, anxiety-inducing af but now I'm in it I realize this is super chill if you have literally weeks to mull over reads and can just go awol for days and take a break lol. I'm reading thru the setup rn.
    I don't get the anxiety part tbh. If I'm going to be anxious about a game for very long lengths of time that doesn't sound like a pleasant way to exist.
    A.K.A "That One Idiot"

44. ISO #294

name all 3 mafia
    Muy random.org magic 8 ball says its:

Dark Magician
    bwcPorscha
    MartinGG99
    Intellectual growth comes from discussions, not arguments. If you are unwilling to change your position and hear the other persons side you are closed minded and wasting your time.
    If you can not clearly explain what the other sides reasoning is you can not disagree with their position because you do not understand it.

45. ISO #295

As an avid player of long day phases
    1. pace yourself
    2. Don't slank
    3. Vote early and/or a lot, being stingy with your vote means we see less pressure and the game is slower.
    4. If we ever no yeet I will end you all
    I think this is town
    A.K.A "That One Idiot"

46. ISO #296

Interesting post.

I think that this setup could be anxiety-inducing only for the Scum. Therefore someone talking about their own experience regarding anxiety is what I find interesting in it's own.

What exactly have we got here? (I will put some words on yzb25's mouth to make my point across)

• The 1st paragraph expresses relief regarding the lack of anxiety.
    • The 2nd paragraph expresses irritation regarding the lack of pressure that the Scums could feel.

I want everyone to take a moment and contemplate on the train of thought that went behind of making that post, it might be important.

What are your soul reads on yzb25's frame of mind for when he made that post? Please take your time. Share your opinions.
    I don't get why someone would be anxious on the first day as either alignment. Yes, the argument could be made that scum are self-conscious, but ideally for them they haven't lost anybody nor they are under any significant pressure at or around the start of a game. At the very least, it could take them 8 weeks (presuming a God day-kill) to lose the game. They have plenty of time to try and turn things around if something goes bad for them somewhere.

A unrelated note: I'm not sure what you exactly mean by a "soul read" here; I thought it only occurred with people who were similar in trains of thought or playstyle. In other words, a "soul read" was a very accurate read that (sometimes) included mindset and what-not, as far as I know. So, I can't really soul-read them right now. What do you mean by that here (presuming it hasn't been answered later in the thread)?
    A.K.A "That One Idiot"

47. ISO #297

So far these two posts have kinda pinged me (Although I do need to really read the first few pages)
    Counter OMGUS that seems to have an inconstant thought process
    maybe towards the end of day 1, I might try this out
    anyways, I like you, you can be town

hybrid can be town as well
    Handing out easy town cred as an informed scum may do because he knows I am town.
    I will also note he is calling Hybrid town but I doubt he has the same understanding of Superjacks early game mindset as I do.
    I actually like the overall direction Hybrid is pushing although some of the tone is probably not helping anything.

I see one of our larger issues being the low amount of contributing players. It would not surprised me in the slightest to see scum take a pass on D1 given how prominent it is for players on this site to float into later games when the tempo is higher and there's mechanical information to poke at. Its half a question of ability to hunt in D1 and half an excuse built from others lack of ability to hunt D1.

48. ISO #298

Tbh Wiisp saying this could be AI ^^ Wiisp could be a downright asshole to his scumreads lmao, it was so hilarious. Wiisp could potentially be trying to be ‘nicer’ bc shitting on ppl as scum is kinda meh, and it doesn’t paint as much of a target on him if he plays nice.

FWIW, I totally won’t mind if you start calling ppl idiots for misreading :P I find that shit hilarious, especially since the way you did it wasn’t really that toxic.
    Now IDK if you played with Wiisp off-site more recently

But it looks to me that he hasn't played here in awhile so I don't like how you quickly suggest something based off meta about them.

Either way, I don't really like early meta reads.
    A.K.A "That One Idiot"

49. ISO #299

My strongest scum lean right now is on Grey but he does not need more focus at the moment given he is already taking pressure from 2 of our few active players.

-vote Wiisp

Its hypocritical to say given I have been mostly building and tinkering with my new computer sense the game started but we should pressure our inactives as possible. I would absolutely be in support of a policy lynch on any player who can't find the time to play in a 3 week game cycle. There is zero fucking excuse for that and I consider such play disrespectful to the other players in the game independent of their alignment.

On a side note, I do believe I did well on the silicone lottery. https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/38170515 (With no overclocking on CPU or GPU and no timing adjustments on RAM on an air cooled system)

50. ISO #300

Quote Originally Posted by S-FM Magoroth View Post
    - In addition, given that we have hammer on, which is needlessly scum sided, I will not be voting until 3 days before Day End. I encourage everyone to do the same. Early hammer would be absolutely terrible and then we'd spend Day 2 debating if it was scummy to do so or not. I don't need to have that argument.
    Disagree for three reasons:

1. Anyone who does hammer, in a 3-week game, without ever thinking to check the vote-count, is likely scum imo. They'll be the next day's yeet. Obviously, though, hammer is bad in Lylo/Mylo because of this.

2. Towns are generally fearful of hammers so this will prevent from everyone just piling on one guy and make sure we're all distributing the pressure and (hopefully) producing AI content.

3. I used to vote towards the end of day phases, but honestly now-days I think that just makes things worse as a town:

3a. If someone is voting X person, and their town-read of a town (me) is voting them, then they will be reassured about any doubts they may have.
    3b. It forces scum to take stances earlier on, and creates AI content about everyone.
    3c. The vote system is inherently a mechanic meant to help town for without it they cannot lynch/eliminate scum, IMO.
    A.K.A "That One Idiot"