S-FM 321: Scum Town 13p - Page 3
Register

User Tag List

Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast
  1. ISO #101

Re: S-FM Scum Town 13p

Quote Originally Posted by Grayswandir View Post
    Between the two of HappyMeal and Kelli, Kelli is the wolf for suggesting he would sheep HappyMeal as he had more experience. This opens Kelli to the possibility of coasting without seeming scummy and then letting HappyMeal do all the tough decisions.
    Not sure how I feel about this tbh.

I'm thinking likelier from town than not.
    A.K.A "That One Idiot"

2. ISO #102

3. ISO #103

Quote Originally Posted by S-FM Magoroth View Post
    Light is advocating for a strategy that only helps the informed minority.
    IMO I found it towny Light for a few reasons:

1. Light_Yagami isn't self-conscious. I mean, who does an action that might be viewed as scummy to new players, as scum? Ideally, some evil players can fake that at the start, I think it looks better when

2. He says its NAI (Not Alignment Indicative) for him (Post #81), but earlier he clearly shows that

3. His actions probably produced some AI content from others (Post #31)

To me, Light_Yagami isn't advancing his own position much, and yet is doing stuff that further his (presumably) towny goals.
    A.K.A "That One Idiot"

4. ISO #104

5. ISO #105

Quote Originally Posted by MartinGG99 View Post
    IMO I found it villagery Light for a few reasons:

1. Light_Yagami isn't self-conscious. I mean, who does an action that might be viewed as wolfy to new players, as a wolf? Ideally, some evil players can fake that at the start, I think it looks better when

2. He says its NAI (Not Alignment Indicative) for him (Post #81), but earlier he clearly shows that

3. His actions probably produced some AI content from others (Post #31)

To me, Light_Yagami isn't advancing his own position much, and yet is doing stuff that further his (presumably) villagery goals.
    Ebwop (edit by way of post)
    A.K.A "That One Idiot"

6. ISO #106

7. ISO #107

Rn I'm thinking, based solely off of the early game so far,

Villagery
    Light_Yagami
    Happymeal
    Grayswandir
    StarGunner

Others I'm not sure about and I think I will get a better idea of them later on.
    I Was Actually Beginning To Think Upon A Re-Read That Happy Is Actually Open Wolfing.

8. ISO #108

9. ISO #109

Quote Originally Posted by Light_Yagami View Post
    I Was Actually Beginning To Think Upon A Re-Read That Happy Is Actually Open Wolfing.
    That could be so. Now that you mention it....

I wonder how this works out.

-vote Happymeal

Seems like a worthwhile place to do things.
    A.K.A "That One Idiot"

10. ISO #110

I Know Its Pretty Early Still But Thats My Thought For The Moment
    I can understand that but obviously the same standard can apply to me as well.

If one of us says they're leaning villager and the other as a wolf, then one of us is wrong.
    A.K.A "That One Idiot"

11. ISO #111

12. ISO #112

I’m not a fan of you claiming a wolf role.
    Happy does that most games regardless of alignment for me I read that NAI bordering on town

Rn I'm thinking, based solely off of the early game so far,

Villagery
    Light_Yagami
    Happymeal
    Grayswandir
    StarGunner

Others I'm not sure about and I think I will get a better idea of them later on.
    I like this the only one on the list that I would weary of is Happymeal, usually I can sort his alignment for firmly day 2. That's additionally why I wouldn't vote him out today.

I’m on board. How do you vote someone?
    it's [ vote ] insert name here then [ / vote ]
    without the spaces

13. ISO #113

I’m on board. How do you vote someone?
    [ vote ] MartinGG99 [/ vote]

Without the spaces.

Makes sure to type in the name correctly; it may not register if you do, for example "Magoroth" instead of "S-FM Magoroth"
    A.K.A "That One Idiot"

14. ISO #114

15. ISO #115

16. ISO #116

17. ISO #117

18. ISO #118

I can understand that but obviously the same standard can apply to me as well.

If one of us says they're leaning villager and the other as a wolf, then one of us is wrong.
    Yeah Thats Correct.. I Need More To Go On. Hope The Other Players Chime In Before I Log.

19. ISO #119

I don't have the reveal, but I may as well because I'm pretty certain I have the game solved. Hear you go (wolves trying to help you out here for your night kills)

Wolves or villager PR
    Dark Magician
    StarGunner
    MartinGG99
    S-FM Magoroth
    Light_Yagami

Villagers
    FrostByte
    Myself
    Kelli
    Grayswandir

Null
    everyone else

there you go wolves and villagers, I have the game solved for you for the most part. Figure out who is what.

20. ISO #120

Quote Originally Posted by Happymeal View Post
    I don't have the reveal, but I may as well because I'm pretty certain I have the game solved. Hear you go (wolves trying to help you out here for your night kills)

Wolves or villager PR
    Dark Magician
    StarGunner
    MartinGG99
    S-FM Magoroth
    Light_Yagami

Villagers
    FrostByte
    Myself
    Kelli
    Grayswandir

Null
    everyone else

there you go wolves and villagers, I have the game solved for you for the most part. Figure out who is what.
    Damn what did I post for you to make a read on me?

21. ISO #121

22. ISO #122

Wolves or villager PR
    Dark Magician
    StarGunner
    MartinGG99
    S-FM Magoroth
    Light_Yagami

Villagers
    FrostByte
    Myself
    Kelli
    Grayswandir

Null
    everyone else

This So With Green Villagers You Claim They Are "Town AKA Scum" For This Game?

23. ISO #123

Anywho, I’ve decided to be weird this game and adapt a new technique.
    I’m going to play this game with absolutely zero scum reads.

Now here me out, this doesn’t mean I won’t think someone’s scum.
    I just won’t mark them as a scum read.

I’ve decided my only reads will be any sort of Town to a Null read.
    Thus the lower my TR on you the more likely I am to vote against you.

Now I’m sure someone will call me out and say that I’m doing this to avoid scum reading but I have you know I can easily Fake SR as much as I can SR so this is completely NAI.

24. ISO #124

25. ISO #125

26. ISO #126

27. ISO #127

28. ISO #128

Quote Originally Posted by Kelli View Post
    Happy does that most games regardless of alignment for me I read that NAI bordering on town

I like this the only one on the list that I would weary of is Happymeal, usually I can sort his alignment for firmly day 2. That's additionally why I wouldn't vote him out today.

it's [ vote ] insert name here then [ / vote ]
    without the spaces
    I’d agree.
    If you can solve his alignment well based on META and only need one day phase to do it I’m willing to GA him today and see what you can give us tomorrow regarding Happy.

29. ISO #129

30. ISO #130

31. ISO #131

32. ISO #132

You give Yagami too much credit when you say he's "advancing the game" Martin.
    I never said anything about the game overall.

I said he wasn't advancing his own position, while asking and doing things that suggests having a solving mindset fmpov.

I can dig into defending Yagami more if you want. Out of all my early reads his I feel the strongest on.
    A.K.A "That One Idiot"

33. ISO #133

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Magician View Post
    Yes absolutely.
    he thinks Himself is scum.
    Then On Some Level Wouldnt That Be Indicative Of TMI? If They Were To Flip Scum. What's To Say They Wouldnt Keep Allies Out Of It Completely Or Put Allies In The Red Slot To Throw People Off? Also The 4 Green Slots Seem Even More Suspect In My Mind.

34. ISO #134

35. ISO #135

-vote Light_Yagami

I see vote skip, I vote the skipper.
    What the
    Why is an anon account from a past game playing this?
    Hard to disagree with the post, though. Skip = bad, we want info.

Also, I hardclaim scum in the most serious way possible
    Quote Originally Posted by The Lawyer View Post
    Besides your lamp and your refridgerators, do you find anyone else suspicious?
    Quote Originally Posted by oliverz144 View Post
    it looks like many, e.g. MM and lag, suffered under the influence of paopan. However there is a victim: frinckles. He left the path of rationality and fully dived into the parallel reality of baby shark, king shark, and soviet union pizzas.
    Spoiler : The meaning of life :

36. ISO #136

37. ISO #137

38. ISO #138

39. ISO #139

happymeal actually contributed a lot

the "new player bloc" is a good way to start making groupings. if this was discussed on n0 chat then scum had no reason to reveal this publicly.

Martin's vote on happymeal could be a bait or he is just a wolf himself?

-vote MartinGG99

if there is 1 scum in new player group then I doubt it being happymeal. I don't see how he is a wolf here, I feel like Martin needs to elaborate more on their hunting process.. If there are two of them then im gonna hedge on happy here and I really don't think there are 3 scum in new player pool like I am certainly eliminating others before finishing that pool

40. ISO #140

Quote Originally Posted by bakermir View Post
    happymeal actually contributed a lot

the "new player bloc" is a good way to start making groupings. if this was discussed on n0 chat then scum had no reason to reveal this publicly.

Martin's vote on happymeal could be a bait or he is just a wolf himself?

-vote MartinGG99

if there is 1 scum in new player group then I doubt it being happymeal. I don't see how he is a wolf here, I feel like Martin needs to elaborate more on their hunting process.. If there are two of them then im gonna hedge on happy here and I really don't think there are 3 scum in new player pool like I am certainly eliminating others before finishing that pool
    I Dont Think There Are 3 Scum In The New Player Pool Its Possible However Happy Is Top Lynch Followed By A Narrow Margin By S-FM Magoroth.

41. ISO #141

Is That All You Got?
    Oh, right, sorry. I have a vote too, I left it in my bag!
    -vote Light_Yagami
    it looks like many, e.g. MM and lag, suffered under the influence of paopan. However there is a victim: frinckles. He left the path of rationality and fully dived into the parallel reality of baby shark, king shark, and soviet union pizzas.

42. ISO #142

43. ISO #143

Welcome to all the new guys btw!
    So I propose a new player voting block. Between our votes we can basically control day 1 and coast by without being voted out
    Err, are you proposing a "lurker's agreement", or am I misunderstanding the meaning of "coast by"? By the look of your next posts, I'm probably misunderstanding, I just want to make sure.
    P.S. if you answer, you'll get my read on you

44. ISO #144

Between the two of HappyMeal and Kelli, Kelli is the wolf for suggesting he would sheep HappyMeal as he had more experience. This opens Kelli to the possibility of coasting without seeming scummy and then letting HappyMeal do all the tough decisions.
    It can just be lazy or simply new town, though. Coasting while sheeping someone else and letting him get dirty in your place isn't exactly how you get townread anyway. I have doubts on this theory.

Also, I'm gonna use "town" as in "uninformed majority" this game, so "townreads" are really townreads and "scumreads" are really scumreads. I suggest we all do that for clarity's sake.

45. ISO #145

46. ISO #146

Take this 5 player game as an example. It starts on Day.

Good - must kill at night (for simplicity)
    Citizen
    Citizen
    Citizen
    Citizen

Here are some useful questions and answers to think about.

What is the likelihood that town votes out the goon day 1?
    20%

What is the likelihood that town votes out the goon day 2 if they skip?
    25%

What is the likelihood that town votes out the goon day 3 if they skip twice?
    33%

Oh no! You must be thinking that Magoroth must be a fucking moron for advocating for a day 1 yeet when it's mathematically better to yeet on day 3 instead of day one. 25% is a smaller percent chance of winning the game than 33%. wOw Dumb Mag. you're so stupid

but wait.

What is the likelihood that town votes out the goon day 1 or day 2 if they never skip?
    This is the same as 1 - (the chance that goon escapes the yeet both days)

What is the likelihood that the goon escapes the yeet twice?
    80% * 66.66% which is 53.3% chance

So, the likelihood that town votes out the goon day 1 or day 2 is 46.67%

I'm not going to do the math for this game because it's too complex, but the logic of "Oh we shouldn't vote day 1 because we have a higher chance of voting our ally" is mathematically false.

This is an official petition for hosts to remove day 1 skipping because the uninformed majority will stupidly try to shoot themselves in the foot by clinging to bad logic like the filthy sheep they are.
    NAI (Not Alignment Indicative, for the record) because it's strictly game theory, but I completely agree with this. Skipping actually only is good to break setups most of the time lol. I've never seen it be successfully used in any other context.

47. ISO #147

I never said anything about the game overall.

I said he wasn't advancing his own position, while asking and doing things that suggests having a solving mindset fmpov.

I can dig into defending Yagami more if you want. Out of all my early reads his I feel the strongest on.
    Can you do this? From my perspective I have been trying to figure out where you were going with your head is at with town reading light so hard.

From my perspective the logic of the things you have pointed for light being a villager I haven't been able to follow.

For the first point on him having the vote skip gimmick is just a silly gimmick in my eyes.

The content that was created because of it wasn't due to it being a especially thought provoking concept, but because Mag jumped on it and it was the first thing to be discussed, so I don't think it is right to villager read him RN. At least in Video Mafia it is inevitable that content is made about early game interactions and his was just the first one people jumped onto, so the content being generated probably isn't because he is some mastermind villager getting things on track for content, especially because a lot of the content isn't very helpful if Light, and Mag are going to tunnel on each other.

For the reads he has given so far and talked about I don't agree that they have come from a villager mindset.

For the Message #31 you quoted, where he talked about finding 1-2 town already, which I assume are Mag, Happy or kelli, based on the content given by everyone who talked before, and since then his narrative has been pushing on Mag and Happy. So from my perspective his content so far has been pretty one note, or just a lie if he was calling 1-2 people villagers from the content at that point in the game.

The reason why this point is interesting to me about your gameplay is that you seem to be hard alligning with light with not enough reason to trust him in the game.

48. ISO #148

49. ISO #149

50. ISO #150

Quote Originally Posted by TCP View Post
    Can you do this? From my perspective I have been trying to figure out where you were going with your head is at with town reading light so hard.

From my perspective the logic of the things you have pointed for light being a villager I haven't been able to follow.

For the first point on him having the vote skip gimmick is just a silly gimmick in my eyes.

The content that was created because of it wasn't due to it being a especially thought provoking concept, but because Mag jumped on it and it was the first thing to be discussed, so I don't think it is right to villager read him RN. At least in Video Mafia it is inevitable that content is made about early game interactions and his was just the first one people jumped onto, so the content being generated probably isn't because he is some mastermind villager getting things on track for content, especially because a lot of the content isn't very helpful if Light, and Mag are going to tunnel on each other.

For the reads he has given so far and talked about I don't agree that they have come from a villager mindset.

For the Message #31 you quoted, where he talked about finding 1-2 town already, which I assume are Mag, Happy or kelli, based on the content given by everyone who talked before, and since then his narrative has been pushing on Mag and Happy. So from my perspective his content so far has been pretty one note, or just a lie if he was calling 1-2 people villagers from the content at that point in the game.

The reason why this point is interesting to me about your gameplay is that you seem to be hard alligning with light with not enough reason to trust him in the game.
    Okay.

I think it would be a quick presumption to make that some of the players here may be considered "new". I think one of the most common or likeliest interactions between players whom don't know each other are more or less going to be "ABC" (I.e. simiplistic) interactions rather than very developed analysis. That said, I believe doing a -Vote Skip is obviously going to provoke some discussion and/or interaction, or will likely generate some sort of content from players whom someone may know nothing about since IMO many people in Forum Mafia are against the idea of skipping.

I won't deny that it's likely a silly gimmick, but I would think the question then becomes "why did they choose that gimmick" rather than some other silly gimmick like Happymeal is doing regarding PR's? Sure, maybe it has no super specific purpose but from the way I saw it conducted I think its intended to be a silly gimmick solely for the purposes of generating content and potentially AI reactions.

Also, I'm not sure if we should be weighing the value of something simply on whether someone jumps on it or not, and whether it was helpful. Some things that villagers do as an honest attempt at solving (regardless of the level of effort put into them) will inevitably bring up nothing or meaningless results at times, and those results (or lack thereof) don't just suddenly disprove of them being a villager. Additionally, them tunneling each other does not exclude either of them from being villager or scum. As for my own read on Magoroth, I want to see them (in the vaguest sense of the word) develop more before I come to a concrete conclusion on them so I won't elaborate on this further.

For Message/Post #31, I didn't really look into or assumed what those town-reads were. They could be about those who did interact with him, or those who haven't, or both. Either way, I felt overall it was just villagery to call-out town reads so early.

Yes, I am hard aligning with Light_Yagami. I doubt that will change any time soon, if ever.
    A.K.A "That One Idiot"