User Tag List

Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast
  1. ISO #51

2. ISO #52

3. ISO #53

4. ISO #54

Re: S-FM Scum Town 13p

Quote Originally Posted by S-FM Magoroth View Post
    Take this 5 player game as an example. It starts on Day.

Good - must kill at night (for simplicity)
    Citizen
    Citizen
    Citizen
    Citizen

Here are some useful questions and answers to think about.

What is the likelihood that town votes out the goon day 1?
    20%

What is the likelihood that town votes out the goon day 2 if they skip?
    25%

What is the likelihood that town votes out the goon day 3 if they skip twice?
    33%

Oh no! You must be thinking that Magoroth must be a fucking moron for advocating for a day 1 yeet when it's mathematically better to yeet on day 3 instead of day one. 25% is a smaller percent chance of winning the game than 33%. wOw Dumb Mag. you're so stupid

but wait.

What is the likelihood that town votes out the goon day 1 or day 2 if they never skip?
    This is the same as 1 - (the chance that goon escapes the yeet both days)

What is the likelihood that the goon escapes the yeet twice?
    80% * 66.66% which is 53.3% chance

So, the likelihood that town votes out the goon day 1 or day 2 is 46.67%

I'm not going to do the math for this game because it's too complex, but the logic of "Oh we shouldn't vote day 1 because we have a higher chance of voting our ally" is mathematically false.

This is an official petition for hosts to remove day 1 skipping because the uninformed majority will stupidly try to shoot themselves in the foot by clinging to bad logic like the filthy sheep they are.
    I would agree except I’m trying to mislynch a PR day 1 so this logic doesn’t appeal to me. Do the maths for mislynching a PR and then let’s vote them out. Town needs all the help it can get.

5. ISO #55

6. ISO #56

7. ISO #57

8. ISO #58

9. ISO #59

10. ISO #60

11. ISO #61

Once I make ten good posts, I'm leaving. We cannot have someone like Light in the end game, and it's best to eliminate him now as InfMaj, or for the good of the UninfMin.
    Oh Really Thats Where You Would Be Most Incorrect. I Believe Lynching Your Insufferable Ass. Would Be The Best Course Of Action.

12. ISO #62

13. ISO #63

14. ISO #64

15. ISO #65

Once I make ten good posts, I'm leaving. We cannot have someone like Light in the end game, and it's best to eliminate him now as InfMaj, or for the good of the UninfMin.
    I hope light is out doctor so that we get a really good mislynch today. I’ll call them the informed/uninformed.

My intention day 1 is to lynch uninformed PR and I think light is the perfect candidate.

1. Wants to skip

2. Is getting pinged out and being defensive

The only downside is that he’s not good at the game for suggested we sleep which means that keeping him alive helps the informed which makes me conflicted. If I keep him in then while I’m lynching uninformed PR, I’m also actively diminishing the chances of informed winning. This is a conundrum

16. ISO #66

Quote Originally Posted by Happymeal View Post
    I hope light is out doctor so that we get a really good mislynch today. I’ll call them the informed/uninformed.

My intention day 1 is to lynch uninformed PR and I think light is the perfect candidate.

1. Wants to skip

The only downside is that he’s not good at the game for suggested we sleep which means that keeping him alive helps the informed which makes me conflicted. If I keep him in then while I’m lynching uninformed PR, I’m also actively diminishing the chances of informed winning. This is a conundrum
    What the hell did you just say?

17. ISO #67

Quote Originally Posted by Happymeal View Post

1. Wants to skip

So Are You Openly Claiming That You Are Informed Minority. Or Are You Uninformed Majority Working Against Your Win Con.

18. ISO #68

19. ISO #69

20. ISO #70

21. ISO #71

22. ISO #72

23. ISO #73

24. ISO #74

25. ISO #75

26. ISO #76

27. ISO #77

28. ISO #78

29. ISO #79

30. ISO #80

I am not a troll. We need to find the informed minority. A good way to find them is to see who's advocating for strategies that would help them win.

Relinquishing one of the scarce tools the uninformed majority have to do this job is a strategy that benefits the informed minority.

Light is advocating for a strategy that only helps the informed minority.

There are now two possibilities of what Light can be, given this behavior. Either he's an informed minority advocating for a strategy that benefits the informed minority. Or, he's a misguided member of the uninformed majority. Eliminating misguided members also increases our chances at winning in the end game, if it gets close. I would feel a lot less worried in end game if we didn't have misguided members of the uninformed majority potentially choosing their allies (or worse skipping!!??).

In addition, I will be advocating for Light's yeet every day that I'm alive. I will be detracting from any other informed hunting. I will be poisonous to this. If you are not going to eliminate Light, I suggest you eliminate me today instead.

The only viable 3rd option is for Yagami toconvince me that they have seen the figurative light and will now try their best to vote for someone they think is part of the informed minority.

There is no easy 4th option.

31. ISO #81

I am not a troll. We need to find the informed minority. A good way to find them is to see who's advocating for strategies that would help them win.

Relinquishing one of the scarce tools the uninformed majority have to do this job is a strategy that benefits the informed minority.

Light is advocating for a strategy that only helps the informed minority.

There are now two possibilities of what Light can be, given this behavior. Either he's an informed minority advocating for a strategy that benefits the informed minority. Or, he's a misguided member of the uninformed majority. Eliminating misguided members also increases our chances at winning in the end game, if it gets close. I would feel a lot less worried in end game if we didn't have misguided members of the uninformed majority potentially choosing their allies (or worse skipping!!??).

In addition, I will be advocating for Light's yeet every day that I'm alive. I will be detracting from any other informed hunting. I will be poisonous to this. If you are not going to eliminate Light, I suggest you eliminate me today instead.

The only viable 3rd option is for Yagami toconvince me that they have seen the figurative light and will now try their best to vote for someone they think is part of the informed minority.

There is no easy 4th option.
    For Clarity I Always Put My Vote On Skip Its Not Alignment Indicative. Especially, At The Start Of The Day Since There Is No Information At Day Start To Really Go On. As It Stands Im Looking To Lynch You Or Happy Meal I Will Move My Vote When Im Ready Not Before. So Now You Know My Line Of Thinking. Also Being Poisonous To People In General Really Isnt A Good Play Strategy Make More PPL Dislike You At The End Of The Day.

32. ISO #82

Quote Originally Posted by StarGunner View Post
    So do you think Light Yagami is scum or town at this point?
    RN I think that I read light as null. He seems quite defensive to the push, but it seems like such a hard push so early on that I don't think it is something to read too much into rn. I do think the hard tunnel from Mag prob isn't a good thing, because speedrunning and tunneling things so early is going to make it hard to evaluate anyone outside of those two, but it seems too bold of a way to play if mag is in the minority, so I think it is towny.

P.s. For clarification should I call the minority scum and the majority town like normal or use some different vocab to reduce confusion

33. ISO #83

Quote Originally Posted by TCP View Post
    RN I think that I read light as null. He seems quite defensive to the push, but it seems like such a hard push so early on that I don't think it is something to read too much into rn. I do think the hard tunnel from Mag prob isn't a good thing, because speedrunning and tunneling things so early is going to make it hard to evaluate anyone outside of those two, but it seems too bold of a way to play if mag is in the minority, so I think it is towny.

P.s. For clarification should I call the minority scum and the majority town like normal or use some different vocab to reduce confusion
    What exactly is 'null'? I've never heard of that word before, I'm new

34. ISO #84

35. ISO #85

36. ISO #86

37. ISO #87

38. ISO #88

Quote Originally Posted by TCP View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Light_Yagami View Post
    I Dont See Why. But Your Vote On Me Makes No Difference In The End. I Mean Skipping Generally Helps Scum And Im Scum So.... There Is That.. Im Defiantly Not Town.
    I started using uninformed majority and informed minority because of this post and wanted to be very clear in my meaning. I'd be very much of a fan of referring to the uninformed majority as "town" and uninformed minority as "scum" or "mafia".

This theme is just to trip up players into using gimmicky "OH DID YOU JUST CLAIM SCUM? HUR DUR" and I hate that.

(This quoted post isn't meant to scumpaint light)

Quote Originally Posted by Grayswandir View Post
    Call them Wolves and Villagers. Unambiguous.
    I'm also a fan of this.

39. ISO #89

40. ISO #90

41. ISO #91

42. ISO #92

43. ISO #93

44. ISO #94

45. ISO #95

-vote Light_Yagami

I see vote skip, I vote the skipper.
    This looks scummy to me but I think I will get a firmer idea of how so or why not later in the game based on how they develop to future topics.
    A.K.A "That One Idiot"

46. ISO #96

47. ISO #97

48. ISO #98

Quote Originally Posted by StarGunner View Post
    Why didn't the host just make it mafia (minority) vs town (majority)?
    My guess is that it was the "cool" thing to do.

Aside from flavor, the some of the roles are interesting, though I was surprised to find out there was a night "0" because apparently the existence of a night 0 (which doesn't appear in many FM games) is only mentioned on some role-cards and not all anywhere else. I would imagine a Night 0 would be also mentioned somewhere else (such as the day/night phase lengths) other than the role-cards but I guess not really.
    A.K.A "That One Idiot"

49. ISO #99

50. ISO #100

I will For sake of some PM's Make this known to all. There was a Night 0 with Mason chat as stated in role cards and Post 1. Only Night 0 action was Mental Scumbag as stated in day open post. The Mental Scumbag was not allowed to holster Night 0 (For the MEMS and Flavor). No other roles where allowed to use a night 0 Action. Both Alignments.
    Do Not open this spoiler under any condition!!!!!!!
    Spoiler : :
    WHY CANT YOU FOLLOW SIMPLE DIRECTIONS?
    YOU HAVE JUST CAUSED THE END OF ALL MANKIND!!!!!!

<a href=https://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic27614_1.gif target=_blank>https://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/signat...pic27614_1.gif</a>